Iran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
So lately the news seems filled with reports of Iran finding "American spies" as well as the whole mess with the stealth drone.

I'm actually surprised a thread hasn't been made on that subject as of yet.

Anyway, I'm not asking whether military action in Iran is a good idea (personally I'm vehemently against it) but whether people think it will happen or if this will just be some kind of cold war.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So lately the news seems filled with reports of Iran finding "American spies" as well as the whole mess with the stealth drone.

I'm actually surprised a thread hasn't been made on that subject as of yet.

Anyway, I'm not asking whether military action in Iran is a good idea (personally I'm vehemently against it) but whether people think it will happen or if this will just be some kind of cold war. I think both Iran and the U.S. are too civilized for this to be anything but a Cold War. I hope I'm right.

Darth Jello
The less western powers interfere, the more chance that it's sizeable liberal and Jewish population, many of whom don't even acknowledge the country as "Iran" will go Mussolini and Ceausescu on Ahmadinejad and the Mullahs. Don't give them a reason to unite against a common enemy by listening to the fascist/neocon schmucks.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The less western powers interfere, the more chance that it's sizeable liberal and Jewish population, many of whom don't even acknowledge the country as "Iran" will go Mussolini and Ceausescu on Ahmadinejad and the Mullahs. Don't give them a reason to unite against a common enemy by listening to the fascist/neocon schmucks.
Iran has a sizable Jewish population? The statistics I see list the population at under 40,000...which isn't even 1% of the population.

I'm sorry, but to be perfectly honest I don't see this happening. At all.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Should the United States interfere? No. The only threat Iran poses is to Israel.

Should Israel interfere? The Israelis can do what they want as long as the United States isn't dragged into the mess.

Oh, yeah, that "sizeable Jewish population" is going to take back the nation. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Iran has a sizable Jewish population? The statistics I see list the population at under 40,000...which isn't even 1% of the population.

And DJ believes they'll all unite into a single massive terrorist group.

ADarksideJedi
These days anything could happen.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Should the United States interfere? No. The only threat Iran poses is to Israel.

Should Israel interfere? The Israelis can do what they want as long as the United States isn't dragged into the mess.
Did you read my OP?

I said this wasn't to debate whether it should or shouldn't happen. It's about whether people think it will happen or not.

Edit: Lol, also by percentage of total population there are more Iranian Americans than there are Iranian Jews.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

But the United States is allied with Israel.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
In the same way that a lamprey is allied with a fish, yes.

Not carefully enough.

inimalist
Edit: Lol, also by percentage of total population there are more Iranian Americans than there are Iranian Jews.

are you controlling for sleeper cells?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by inimalist
are you controlling for sleeper cells?
Are you looking for a job?

inimalist
Are you looking for a job?

I don't think I have the qualifications to be a good Iranian

for instance, I grow a very patchy beard

Omega Vision
I don't think I have the qualifications to be a good Iranian

for instance, I grow a very patchy beard
No but you have the qualifications to be a good American. 131

inimalist
there is no need to insult me

EDIT: I'm like 100lbs too small for that anyways

Omega Vision
there is no need to insult me

EDIT: I'm like 100lbs too small for that anyways
Lol, so am I, I'm only 135 lbs.

inimalist
Lol, so am I, I'm only 135 lbs.

lanky-pride!

Omega Vision
lanky-pride!
it used to be worse, this time last year I was 6', 120 lbs.

inimalist
it used to be worse, this time last year I was 6', 120 lbs.

I had the exact same a couple years back just before I started taking insulin, I've put a few on since then too. I might be closer to 150, I actually haven't checked in a long time.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
And DJ believes they'll all unite into a single massive terrorist group. Actually that isn't what I said, genius. I said that an attack on Iran would unite otherwise rebellious elements with the government against a foreign invader.

jaden101
The cold war currently going on with Iran is really highlighting some freaky digital age warfare stuff.

7g0pi4J8auQ

A quick watch of that video and a dig a little deeper into Stuxnet to see how things are going.

Lord Lucien
it used to be worse, this time last year I was 6', 120 lbs. Jesus... trying out for The Machinist?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Jesus... trying out for The Machinist?
No, just incredibly lanky.

kiana
the iran's government is terrible but the people there are kind i think!but i bet Iran's people are in a bad situation with their government you know the cold war makes them really poor!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.