Rank The Following Powers/Abilities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Rank the following aspects of the following character's in order of most impressive, how valuable they'd be on their own without any other powers or skills whatsoever, and WTF worthy feats.

Superman's strength

Hal Jordan's willpower

Barry Allen's speed

Reed Richard's intelligence

Juggernaut's durability

Thor's power output

Uriel005
Barry's speed

Reed's Intelligence

Thor's power output

Superman's Strength/Juggernaut durability.'

Hal Jordan's willpower.

In that order

I give Barry the edge because moving at top speed and thinking at top speed my normal life span would basically have trillions of years to learn everything. Any problem could be approached through shear number crunching and probability of finding a solution that Reed would be envious of. Assuming that these powers come PISless and CISless and you won't be incinerated while moving due to speed or have your muscles tear themselves apart due to superstrength.

abhilegend
Superman's strength (lifting infinity twice and punching out from inside of his own death)>
Barry Allen's speed (rebooting DCU)
>Reed Richard's intelligence(bfring omnipresent LT, wtf)>
Thor's power output(harming a celestial)>Hal's willpower(krona buster, finding spectre's true nature and finding logoz)>Juggernaut's durability(I can't think of anything).

zopzop
Reed's intellect made rogue Celestials (who were one shotting IG users) flee and destroyed the M-body of the Living Tribunal. Reed's intellect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything on that list.

JakeTheBank
It's cool to see three pretty distinct stances of what ranks in the highest. Any other views?

Sin I AM
meh, id just rather be darwin

dmills
Reed's intellect. Not even a hard choice either.

abhilegend
Superman's fists>anything in comics.

carver9
Hulk fist>anything in comics.

TheHulk
1)Reed Richard's intelligence
2)Superman Strength
3)Juggernaut Durability
4)Barry Speed
5)Thor Power Output
6)Hal Jordans Willpower

Mr Master
Reed's mind is "god-like"

... but he never owned/destroyed/ and, or bfr'd the LT.

Btw. friends, pointing out it was an "M-body" is ninconsequential
since the M-body has access to the full power of the concept it represents.

What Reed did to the LT & Cosmics was inadvertent and certainly not intentional.

Still PIS no doubt like the LT needing help to off an alternate Galactus,
not even a potential future self of Galactus 616,
but a silly standalone alternate.

lmfao

Stupid ass story.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman's fists>anything in comics. Are you serious ?

TheHulk
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk fist>anything in comics. thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Rank the following aspects of the following character's in order of most impressive, how valuable they'd be on their own without any other powers or skills whatsoever, and WTF worthy feats.

Superman's strength

Hal Jordan's willpower

Barry Allen's speed

Juggernaut's durability

Thor's power output

Reed Richard's intelligence (I can grant myself Super powers or do almost anything I want)
Juggernaut's durability (I'm indestructible)
Barry Allen's speed (massive offensive power and defense but can be shot from behind if not looking)
Superman's strength (assuming it gives decent durability with it)
Thor's power output (can be shot by a sniper)
Hal Jordan's willpower (totally useless without the ring)

ozz81
1.Thors power out put: ripping the fabric of universe(G.b being used at a universal scope level!) and breaking exitars dome with G.B , also moving the 9 realms... Killing Atum with antiforce equally as impressive i reckon as Superman's strength: shattering time and space, lifting infinity others...

2.Barry Allen's speed

3.Reed Richard's intelligence

4.Juggernaut's durability

5.Hal jordans will power

h1a8
Originally posted by ozz81
1.Thors power out put: ripping the fabric of universe(G.b being used at a universal scope level!) and breaking exitars dome with G.B , also moving the 9 realms... Killing Atum with antiforce equally as impressive i reckon as Superman's strength: shattering time and space, lifting infinity others...

2.Barry Allen's speed

3.Reed Richard's intelligence

4.Juggernaut's durability

5.Hal jordans will power

With Thor's power output you still can be killed easily by someone shooting you from behind.

With Reed Richard's intelligence you can have > Thor's output plus grant yourself super powers of your liking plus travel through time plus anything else.

You can be shot dead from behind with Barry Allen's speed since you don't have pre-cog.

So my choices are best. Thread should be over.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
So my choices are best. Thread should be over.

laughing

I think I'd rather like it if my thread stayed open, thanks.

dmills
laughing

I think I'd rather like it if my thread stayed open, thanks.

H1 came and shut down the spot laughing out loud

abhilegend
Miracle machine owns anything reed has built.

Bentley
Originally posted by dmills
H1 came and shut down the spot laughing out loud

Every thread is just a race to post before H1 gives his veredict.

leonidas

Superman's strength

Hal Jordan's willpower

Barry Allen's speed

Juggernaut's durability

Thor's power output

hrm. tough. the most PIS-fueled powers are supes' strength, flash's speed and reed's brain so i think those 3 need to be at the top for sure. the lifting 'infinity' feats would have been more impressive were they not replicated by others (and even surpassed? by ultrman) so i would likely say reed, flash, supes, then thor, hal and juggs. thor/juggs is muddied imo because in direct conflict thor's output was shown to be about equal to juggs' invulnerability. do we simply assume he didn't use his 'full powered gb'? maybe. i guess i've done so in placing thor a couple levels beyond juggs. but in effect, the last 3 are all pretty damn close imo with the first 3 well above, primarily because of their PIS factors.

Lord Feron
Reed - would be the biggest benefit to the world imo. develop space colonization, eliminate limited resources, eliminate disease, and that just to start off.

Barry - powers would be so fun and very useful as well just not as useful.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Reed's intellect made rogue Celestials (who were one shotting IG users) flee and destroyed the M-body of the Living Tribunal. Reed's intellect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything on that list.

thumb up

Reed Richards intelligence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else on that list combined.

Wether it was PIS or not, Reeds Intellect overcame rogue Celestials and the freaking LT; it was on panel and it happened...therefore the feats cannot be dismissed.

A determined Reed Richards=The One Above All.

Cogito

Seeing as these are very different criteria, I'll rank them individually.

Most Impressive:
Barry's Speed
Reed's Intellect
Superman's Strength
Thor's Power
Hal's Will
Jugg's Durability

Value:
Reed's Intellect

Barry's speed
Superman's Strength
Thor's power
Jugg's Durability
Hal's Will

WTF Feats:
Reed/Superman/Barry/Thor
Juggs
Hal

Uriel005
Originally posted by h1a8
Reed Richard's intelligence (I can grant myself Super powers or do almost anything I want)
Juggernaut's durability (I'm indestructible)
Barry Allen's speed (massive offensive power and defense but can be shot from behind if not looking)
Superman's strength (assuming it gives decent durability with it)
Thor's power output (can be shot by a sniper)
Hal Jordan's willpower (totally useless without the ring) Like I said before with flash speed intelligence really isn't an issue you could trial and error number crunch and come up with nearly any solution. Also procuring materials would be very easy, Also.... getting shot in the back you would feel the bullet before it penetrated your skin and you could still outrun it.

Cogito
Originally posted by Uriel005
Like I said before with flash speed intelligence really isn't an issue you could trial and error number crunch and come up with nearly any solution.

This isn't really true for two reasons:
1. Reed is so damn smart the laws of physics and shit like logical limitations don't apply to him.
2. Let's say both decide to play around with nuclear fusion. While Reed succeeds on the first try, Flash's 87,593th try blows a hole in the goddamn planet.

Mr Master
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Reeds Intellect overcame the freaking LT;

it was on panel .
Not exactly good friend.

For some time this feat has been misinterpreted
as though Reed attacked or affected the LT directly in any way, which he did not.

It was the LT's and the other Cosmics' combined power plus that of Reed's canon,
that caused the inter-dimensional cosmic feedback resulting in the bfr.

(clearly a plot device with specific circumstances)

Reed's Canon alone would've done nothing to the LT, or the Cosmics.
The Canon was powered to eliminate the Galactus of that alternate reality.

The ultimate PIS in the story is the LT needing anyone to off an alternate Galactus,
same LT that was going to replace the core of the Omniverse,
that handles the power of Megaverse creators in one hand
and Alpha Omega in the other. erm

Nonsense.

This story does not follow the historical cosmic make-up established across so many stories,
so to me, it's irrelevant.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mr Master
Not exactly good friend.

as though Reed attacked or affected the LT directly in any way, which he did not.

It was the LT's and the other Cosmics' combined power plus that of Reed's canon,

The ultimate PIS in the story is the LT needing anyone to off an alternate Galactus,

Nonsense.

This story does not follow the historical cosmic make-up established across so many stories,

great post

Lord Feron
Not exactly good friend.

Nonsense.

always the every watchful sentry of any thread that deals with cosmic hiearchy shit lol. It's like the god damn bat signal for u big grin

quanchi112
Not exactly good friend.

Nonsense.

so to me, it's irrelevant. Mr. M owning cats since 2006.

Colossus-Big C

Superman's strength

Hal Jordan's willpower

Barry Allen's speed

Juggernaut's durability

Thor's power output

Reeds Intelegence
Classic Juggernauts Durability
Barry allen speed

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Uriel005
Barry's speed

Reed's Intelligence

Thor's power output

Superman's Strength/Juggernaut durability.'

Hal Jordan's willpower.

In that order

I give Barry the edge because moving at top speed and thinking at top speed my normal life span would basically have trillions of years to learn everything. Any problem could be approached through shear number crunching and probability of finding a solution that Reed would be envious of. Assuming that these powers come PISless and CISless and you won't be incinerated while moving due to speed or have your muscles tear themselves apart due to superstrength. This is 100% wrong

Juggernauts durability>thor power output> superman strength

ColossusGrundy
If you have a power ring, Hal's willpower is 1 or 2, if not..........it just aint much good, is it?

Colossus-Big C
thumb up

Reed Richards intelligence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else on that list combined.

Wether it was PIS or not, Reeds Intellect overcame rogue Celestials and the freaking LT; it was on panel and it happened...therefore the feats cannot be dismissed.

A determined Reed Richards=The One Above All. Why make the page so wide?

zopzop
Not exactly good friend.

Nonsense.

Is this true or not :
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
It happened in the latest issue of Last Planet Standing. Yes, I know that that's not the 616 Marvel Universe, but it doesn't matter because no matter what reality you go to you're still dealing with the same LT.

The LT (and the other Cosmics that were with him) decided that what Galactus was doing was possing so dangerous that it possed a threat to the entire multiverse. Their solution? Since Galactus was currently within the Milky Way, they decided to destroy the Milky Way Galaxy and everything in it.

On Earth, Reed Richards was making hs move to put a permanent stop to Galactus, with a weapon that would shatter his essense and spread it throughout the multiverse. As he prepared to fire it on Galactus, a wormhole opened up. It was the LT and his gang preparing to fire on Galactus. Realizing what their blast would do to the galaxy, Reed fired his weapon into the wormhole and it took out the LT and friends.

The weapon shorted out, and with nothing else in his way Galactus arrived on Earth.

EDIT, thank you other forum whose name I won't mention :
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/465/reedisgod.th.jpg http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5412/reedisgod2.th.jpg http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7192/reedisgod3.th.jpg

Reed is TOAA incarnate.

Mr Master
no expression ... nothing in those scans disputes what I posted,
so you're thanking whoever in vain.

Wait, is this an attempt at suggesting I'm possibly lying? lmfao

------------------------------------------------

(Please Read, don't just look at the pretty pictures)

The Cosmics (including the LT) concentrate all of their power into a single point:

NOTICE the big orange ball of energy!

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10145493_Reed2.jpg

--------------------------------

Reed shoots his canon directly at the big orange ball of energy (which is the power of the Cosmics)

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10145717_Reed3.jpg

Literally into the combined power the Cosmics which was concentrated in an orange ball of energy:

Uhh, notice Reed's BLUE blast entering the the Orange Ball of energy (power of the Cosmics)

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10145494_Reed4.jpg

Literally! (Reed's Blue Canon ray hit the orange ball of the Cosmics power/energy)

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10145495_Reed5.jpg

This combination of powers:

The LT's & the Cosmics plus Reed's canon, caused the bfr.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10145498_Reed6.jpg

You real funny sonny posting some drivel from another poster
instead of reading the book yourself in a ridiculous endeavor to de-fame Mr M. laughing out loud

zopzop
no expression ... nothing in those scans disputes what I posted,
so you're thanking whoever in vain.

Wait, is this an attempt at suggesting I'm possibly lying? lmfao

------------------------------------------------

(Please Read, don't just look at the pretty pictures)

The Cosmics (including the LT) concentrate all of their power into a single point:

Reed shoots his canon directly at the big orange ball of energy (which is the power of the Cosmics)

Literally into the combined power the Cosmics which was concentrated in an orange ball of energy:

Uhh, notice Reed's BLUE blast entering the the Orange Ball of energy (power of the Cosmics)

Literally! (Reed's Blue Canon ray hit the orange ball of the Cosmics power/energy)

You real funny sonny posting some drivel from another poster
instead of reading the book yourself in a ridiculous endeavor to de-fame Mr M. laughing out loud

Are you high now? You said the canon would have done nothing on it's own. It was clearly meant to KO Galactus (the same thing the COMBINED cosmic hierarchy was attempting to do) but instead of firing it off at him, he fires it off at them to stop them from destroying the solar system. Notice how not one of them, not even the LT could resist and was dispersed.

Mr Master

Are you high now?
Are you high now as before?

You said the canon would have done nothing on
it's own.
Correct.

It was clearly meant to KO Galactus
(the same thing the COMBINED cosmic hierarchy was attempting to do)
but instead of firing it off at him,
he fires it off at them to stop them from destroying the solar system.
Notice how not one of them, not even the LT could resist and was dispersed.
He fired it at the concentration/combination of power of the LT & Cosmics.

All that power (LT's and Cosmic's) then coupled with the Canon,
is what was irresistible.

Nice try.

Seriously, this is looking trollish. Please read the scans before posting.

zopzop
Are you high now as before?

Correct.

He fired it at the concentration/combination of power of the LT & Cosmics.

All that power (LT's and Cosmic's) then coupled with the Canon,
is what was irresistible.

Nice try.

Seriously, this is looking trollish. Please read the scans before posting.

Dude that canon BY ITSELF would have dealt with Galactus, something that the ENTIRE COSMIC HIERARCHY INCLUDING THE LT were attempting to do. Reed didn't need anyone's help, he made that canon on his own. Instead of firing it off at Galactus he fired it at the wormhole caused by the cosmics and blew them apart. Not one of them had the power to resist and they were dispersed. Bye bye LT.

Reed >>>>>> Combined Cosmic Hierarchy.

Mr Master

Dude that canon BY ITSELF would have dealt with Galactus,
something that the ENTIRE COSMIC HIERARCHY INCLUDING THE LT were attempting to do.
Oh that's right, cause it was used before and it happened,
oh wait that's not true.

Oh wait, there's other proof besides a statement,
oh wait that's not true either.

Oh well.

Reed didn't need anyone's help, he made that canon on his own.
No one said anything about Reed a needing help for anything
including building his canon.

Please pay attention.

Instead of firing it off at Galactus he fired it at the wormhole
caused by the cosmics and blew them apart. Not one of them had
the power to resist and they were dispersed. Bye bye LT.
FALSE!

Reed shot his canon into the combination of all the power of the LT and Cosmics,
when his canon ray hit that concentration of power,
the power of the LT and Cosmics was used against them.

facepalm

zopzop
Reed shot his canon into the combination of all the power of the LT and Cosmics,when his canon ray hit that concentration of power,
the power of the LT and Cosmics was used against them.

Which is PRECISELY what it was designed to do in the first place!
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8715/sgun.th.jpg
I'd say it worked no? On the LT himself no less!

oh wait that's not true.

Oh well.

You were saying..........?

guy222
evening mr. m

geez that stupid comic isn't continuity

its like what if's can't b used

and i take makkari over flash anyday

stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
Dude that canon BY ITSELF would have dealt with Galactus, something that the ENTIRE COSMIC HIERARCHY INCLUDING THE LT were attempting to do. Reed didn't need anyone's help, he made that canon on his own. Instead of firing it off at Galactus he fired it at the wormhole caused by the cosmics and blew them apart. Not one of them had the power to resist and they were dispersed. Bye bye LT.

thumb up

Sorry Quanchi and Mr Master, but me and zopzop are right about this; that Reed Richards Brand (designed and built by the Richards corporation) gun was going to do what none of the other cosmics could do solo...and that includes the LT...stop Galactus.

But once Reed figured out what the other Cosmics were up to, he decided to use the weapon against them instead...

zopzop is correct; Reed Richards>>>>>>>The combined cosmic hierarchy.

TheLordofMurder

oh wait that's not true.

Oh well.

You were saying..........?

Outstanding post zopzop...

thumb up

guy222
thumb up

Sorry Quanchi and Mr Master, but me and zopzop are right about this; that Reed Richards Brand (designed and built by the Richards corporation) gun was going to do what none of the other cosmics could do solo...and that includes the LT...stop Galactus.

But once Reed figured out what the other Cosmics were up to, he decided to use the weapon against them instead...

reed isn't above the hierarchy

Mr Master

With the help of the LT and the Cosmics? Absolutely.

Reed did not shoot anyone in particular, he shot the concentration of power (orange ball)
when/where the LT and Cosmics were combining all their energy,
all their power was what drove them away, not only Reed's gun.

This is a specific set of circumstance that would have to
organized/arranged exactly the same for it to work,
including the LT and Cosmics being distracted by their concentration.

All PIS.

Mr Master

Sorry Quanchi and Mr Master, but me and zopzop are right about this;
that Reed Richards Brand (designed and built by the Richards
corporation) gun was going to do what none of the other cosmics
could do solo...and that includes the LT...stop Galactus.
I can't believe you said that.

Nite nite good friend.

But once Reed figured out what the other Cosmics were up to,
he decided to use the weapon against them instead...
No one is disputing that, but he didn't shoot the Cosmics directly,
he shot their combined concentrated full power, which is what banished them,
their own power.

I have to sleep

Peace and love friend.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by guy222
reed isn't above the hierarchy

He's not?

Then how could he take all of them out at once (by himself mind you) otherwise?

Afterall, PIS or not, it happened on panel...

TheLordofMurder
I can't believe you said that.

Nite nite good friend.

No one is disputing that, but he didn't shoot the Cosmics directly,
he shot their combined concentrated full power, which is what banished them,
their own power.

I have to sleep

Peace and love friend.

But Mr Master, it doesnt matter if he shot them directly or not; the weapon succeeded in taking out the LT and all the other cosmics...

Reed beat the LT; circumstancial and situational or not...he still won...Reed beat the cosmic hierarchy, and he didnt need the Infinity Gauntlet or the HotU to do so.

guy222
geez

mc2 isn't continuity period

reed didn't defeat the brute, he's lost to doom

come on guys

TheLordofMurder
geez

mc2 isn't continuity period

But it was canon...wasnt it?

Edit: Canon for the LT that is....

zopzop
With the help of the LT and the Cosmics? Absolutely.

Reed did not shoot anyone in particular, he shot the concentration of power (orange ball)
when/where the LT and Cosmics were combining all their energy,
all their power was what drove them away, not only Reed's gun.

This is a specific set of circumstance that would have to
organized/arranged exactly the same for it to work,
including the LT and Cosmics being distracted by their concentration.

All PIS.

MM, the gun was SPECIFICALLY design to turn a cosmic beings own power back at it and hurl it through space/time never to return. It was originally meant to banish Galactus (the same Galactus that the ENTIRE COSMIC HIERARCHY was attempting to stop), but instead he turned it against the Cosmic HIERARCHY. Not only did it succeed, it did so spectacularly. It turned ALL their power back against them (the cosmic hierarchy) and they were banished from that universe. Reed by himself could have done something that the LT couldn't and needed help from the rest of the cosmics. All right there on panel.

zopzop
But it was canon...wasnt it?

It was for the LT and that's all that counts big grin

TheLordofMurder
It was for the LT and that's all that counts big grin

Well yeah...thats what I meant.

smile

TheLordofMurder
This is what REALLY happened people:

Living Tribunal: Come brothers...lets combine our powers to stop Galactus. We are gonna have to frag Earth in the process, but screw them...I never liked Earth much anyway. (Opens a wormhole)

Reed Richards: With this weapon, Galactus is going to be toast....whats this!?? A wormhole??

Reed Richards: (conducts a quick analysis) Oh HELL NO!! Nuke America huh? This is for Mother Earth b*****s!!! (Fires the supergun into the wormhole)

Living Tribunal: Oh shi.... (gets nuked into oblivion).

Reed Richards: (looking through the wormhole with a pair of high powered binoculars) Owned.

See? Richards owns the LT.

zopzop
Oh and don't forget the Abraxas Saga. Reed used the UN to undo the damage Abraxas caused to the universe/multiverse by nullifying it. To use the UN to it's full extent the person must have a complete understanding of the target (in this case the universe/multiverse). Freaking Reed is omniscient big grin Reed's intellect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else in the OP's initial post. By far.

TheLordofMurder
Oh and don't forget the Abraxas Saga. Reed used the UN to undo the damage Abraxas caused to the universe/multiverse by nullifying it. To use the UN to it's full extent the person must have a complete understanding of the target (in this case the universe/multiverse). Freaking Reed is omniscient big grin Reed's intellect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else in the OP's initial post. By far.

Once again...

thumb up

Mr Master

Reed beat the LT; circumstancial and situational or not...
he still won...
Reed beat the cosmic hierarchy,
and he didnt need the Infinity Gauntlet or the HotU to do so.
Won what?

They weren't battling, it wasn't a dual, a fight, a confrontation, heck,
the LT and Cosmics didn't even and never did notice Reed or his canon.

"Reed beat the LT" is a completely mis-leading statement.

Simple:

Had the LT and Cosmics not combined all their power into a single concentrated ball of energy,
which allowed Reed to use that as his target so he can backfire their power against them,
would this scenario still have worked?

Nah, because ....

A specific set of Plot driven circumstances were in play
in order for Reed to accomplish this.

TheLordofMurder
@Mr Master

LT's plan: Stop Galactus and nuke everything in the way....
Reed's plan: Stop the LT from nuking Earth...

LT's plan: Failed.
Reed's plan: Success.

Reed "won" as a result.

zopzop
@Mr Master

LT's plan: Stop Galactus and nuke everything in the way....
Reed's plan: Stop the LT from nuking Earth...

LT's plan: Failed.
Reed's plan: Success.

Reed "won" as a result.

OMFG laughing

Oh man with GS, Mr. M, and others back, this forum is gonna kick ass.
group Now if only that stupid "Wang" troll would just leave.

guy222
both our very knowledgeable

TheLordofMurder
both our very knowledgeable

But so are me and zopzop...

wink

guy222
i never said otherwise friend

smile

all views equally respected guy222 way

how do u think the force will b shown in x-men vs avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.