North Korea's Kim Jong Il Has Died

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Kim Jong Il, North Korea's mercurial and enigmatic leader, has died. He was 69.

Kim's death was announced Monday by state television from the North Korean capital, Pyongyang.

Kim is believed to have suffered a stroke in 2008 but appeared relatively vigorous in photos and video from recent trips to China and Russia and in numerous trips around the country carefully documented by state media.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/18/north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il-6-has-died/

good riddance..

RE: Blaxican
Awesome.

Let's just hope his son isn't just as ****ing maniacal.

Symmetric Chaos
Wait . . .

. . . give him three days!

FistOfThe North
Looks like the game "Homefront" got Kim's death date wrong..

They were off by 2 weeks.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Kim Jong Il, North Korea's mercurial and enigmatic leader, has died. He was 69.

Kim's death was announced Monday by state television from the North Korean capital, Pyongyang.

Kim is believed to have suffered a stroke in 2008 but appeared relatively vigorous in photos and video from recent trips to China and Russia and in numerous trips around the country carefully documented by state media.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/18/north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il-6-has-died/

good riddance.. This will change nothing. His Son will be the same... and some reports have stated that he's actually worse.

What reports are those?

Omega Vision
I don't see any change coming either.

Probably why his death elicited almost no reaction from me.

FistOfThe North

lol. China can go **** itself. It's taken them like 10 years to make just that one aircraft carrier, and it's the only one they have.

Alternatively, we have like 12 of the damn things.

It would be interesting to see a war break out, if only to see how quickly the US alone would single handily wipe the floor North Korea and its allies.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
lol. China can go **** itself. It's taken them like 10 years to make just that one aircraft carrier, and it's the only one they have.

Alternatively, we have like 12 of the damn things.

It would be interesting to see a war break out, if only to see how quickly the US alone would single handily wipe the floor North Korea and its allies.

China's an economic super power and the u.s.'s creditor. It'll be more than but a military campaign..

How how would it be interesting to see a war like that break out. What are you, stupid?

I said how it would be interesting to see a war like that break out. Are you illiterate?

FistOfThe North
I said how it would be interesting to see a war like that break out. Are you illiterate?

No, you wrote this..:

"It would be interesting to see a war break out"

like, wtf?

No, I wrote this:

"It would be interesting to see a war break out, if only to see how quickly the US alone would single handily wipe the floor North Korea and its allies."

I don't know if your vision is just bad, or maybe my entire post isn't showing up on your computer, or what.

FistOfThe North
No, I wrote this:

"It would be interesting to see a war break out, if only to see how quickly the US alone would single handily wipe the floor North Korea and its allies."

I don't know if your vision is just bad, or maybe my entire post isn't showing up on your computer, or what.

i think it's you just don't know. both are fine, point is, is that wanting a war to break out because it would seem interesting to see one nation one wipe out the other, just seems abnormal, idiotic and maniacal.

Bardock42
http://www.soundonsight.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Noooooo.jpg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
http://www.soundonsight.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Noooooo.jpg

I used to break stuff with my massive TK powers until....I took an arrow to the knee.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
I used to break stuff with my massive TK powers until....I took an arrow to the knee.

That... shouting... is making people very nervous.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Wait . . .

. . . give him three days!

Yeah. He'll rise again... because he is magical like that.. so much like our Lord. roll eyes (sarcastic)

i think it's you just don't know. both are fine, point is, is that wanting a war to break out because it would seem interesting to see one nation one wipe out the other, just seems abnormal, idiotic and maniacal. I never said I wanted a war to break out. I said it would be interesting to see.

Wei Phoenix
No, you wrote this..:

"It would be interesting to see a war break out"

like, wtf?

Do you work for Fox News? You left out a big chunk of the quote.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah. He'll rise again... because he is magical like that.. so much like our Lord. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It would be the ultimate PR stunt to fake his death and come back.

siriuswriter
He died five years ago... they've been photoshopping him into his propaganda since...

Your shenanigans help me sleep at night.

Omega Vision
If his worse than his dad, something will change. Or will happen.

I bet that 2012 will be a crazy year in between the u.s., china, n. korea, japan, and s. korea, watch.

Possibly war.

And it'll start as a skirmish, (between n. and s. korea) at first, until someone's had it and fans the fires then everyone jumps in..

China's has already unveiled a high tech aircraft carrier just this week.
(1) It wasn't unveiled last week, people have known about it for years and it was publicly confirmed by the PRC months ago. You must not have been paying attention to the news.

(2) It isn't high tech. It's a retrofitted Soviet rustbucket.

(3) Experts seem to think it will be a few years before it's operational since China is building up its naval air arm from scratch.

(4) America has something like 5 or 6 carriers that are more advanced and powerful. At this rate it will take the Chinese decades to even make America raise a brow navally.

Robtard
North and South Korean relation will improve now as N. Korea has more to gain in being "nice" than being a recluse of a country who starves it's own people.

Unless civil wars breaks out in N. Korea, but not likely.

jaden101
I told you he was Il.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Robtard
North and South Korean relation will improve now as N. Korea has more to gain in being "nice" than being a recluse of a country who starves it's own people.

Unless civil wars breaks out in N. Korea, but not likely.
North Korea is the closest of any nation to George Orwell's idea of a consummate dictatorship: a government that's so committed to attaining and maintaining power that it would gimp its population's development so as to reduce the chance of organized dissent from gaining strength.

Even the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany which Orwell compared to Ingsoc realized that though they could marginalize large segments of their population and keep them ignorant there was a limit to how much they could shoot themselves in the foot to maintain power.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
I told you he was Il.

*swoosh*

Mairuzu
Originally posted by jaden101
I told you he was Il.

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/122011/kim_jong_il_obligatory.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
North Korea is the closest of any nation to George Orwell's idea of a consummate dictatorship: a government that's so committed to attaining and maintaining power that it would gimp its population's development so as to reduce the chance of organized dissent from gaining strength.

Even the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany which Orwell compared to Ingsoc realized that though they could marginalize large segments of their population and keep them ignorant there was a limit to how much they could shoot themselves in the foot to maintain power.

Yeah, but Kimmy is dead; his son was educated in Switzerland and looks like some fat-kid who would rather play Xbox and smoke a bowl than oppress the peasants and make empty threats of war with his neighbors.

FistOfThe North
(1) It wasn't unveiled last week, people have known about it for years and it was publicly confirmed by the PRC months ago. You must not have been paying attention to the news.

(2) It isn't high tech. It's a retrofitted Soviet rustbucket.

(3) Experts seem to think it will be a few years before it's operational since China is building up its naval air arm from scratch.

(4) America has something like 5 or 6 carriers that are more advanced and powerful. At this rate it will take the Chinese decades to even make America raise a brow navally.

Mostly borrowed from chinese money. the irony of it..

Stoic
When i watched the news tonight, and saw all of those people crying, some of them looked like they were pretending, or outright laughing over his death. Could you imagine. eek! rolling on floor laughing

Omega Vision
Mostly borrowed from chinese money. the irony of it..
It's not as if China gives us all or even most of our money. They buy a lot of our debt, but it would be illogical to suggest that an economy less than half the size of our own is the source of most of our money.

And if you actually pay attention to the Chinese Economy you'll see that their reckless growth is setting them up for crippling problems in the not so far off future.

Stoic
It's not as if China gives us all or even most of our money. They buy a lot of our debt, but it would be illogical to suggest that an economy less than half the size of our own is the source of most of our money.

And if you actually pay attention to the Chinese Economy you'll see that their reckless growth is setting them up for crippling problems in the not so far off future.

You aren't kidding, there was talk on CNN of that actually happening. What do you think the effect of something like that happening would have on the rest of the worlds economy?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
You aren't kidding, there was talk on CNN of that actually happening. What do you think the effect of something like that happening would have on the rest of the worlds economy?
Nothing good, that's for sure.

But to be honest a healthy and stable economy seems like a fairy tale at this point. As long as I can remember the world's economic outlook has been doom and gloom.

FistOfThe North
gotta a love capitalism..

Stealth Agent
I saw it coming.

ADarksideJedi
There will always be someone else to take his place sad as that sounds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.