Mera & Aquaman Vs Namor & Namora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83594/2023289-aquaman_3_by_ivan_reis_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39876/861503-picture_1_large.png

-Pr-
If Aquaman is allowed use all his powers, he and Mera win.

guy222
thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
If Aquaman is allowed use all his powers, he and Mera win.

Was it agreed upon by both companies that although Namor could not resist it fully, that he could resist Arthur's powers partially due to his unique nature? If so the same would apply to Namora no?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
Was it agreed upon by both companies that although Namor could not resist it fully, that he could resist Arthur's powers partially due to his unique nature? If so the same would apply to Namora no?

Even if it was, why would that be canon?

Arthur's telepathy (both invasive and blunt attacks) have worked on beings as if not more powerful than Namor.

Stoic
Even if it was, why would that be canon?

Arthur's telepathy (both invasive and blunt attacks) have worked on beings as if not more powerful than Namor.

You got me on that one. I'm just wondering why it didn't make Namor pass out, while the rest of the Atlantean's took a snooze? To me it was like both DC and marvel agreed or came to an agreement that Namor or those like him could somehow resist. Maybe it's within their mutant ability? All the same, if they aren't able to, I agree with your first post, but if not, i could see Namor's side pulling a few wins.

-Pr-
I dunno. I just generally don't look at crossovers as influencing anything like this.

Prep-Man
Mera has been a beast lately. Like what she did with that portion of the ocean.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Mera has been a beast lately. Like what she did with that portion of the ocean.

That's one of her higher feats, but yeah, still very impressive.

What amuses me, though, is that this fight seems to be above water; considering the combatants.

Laminator_X
I dunno. I just generally don't look at crossovers as influencing anything like this.

JLA/Avengers might be worth an exception. Marvel has mentioned it (obliquely so as to not touch DC trademarks) in guidebooks. DC went a step farther and actually had the Trinity mini-series follow up on events in JLA/Avengers (Krona and the cosmic egg).

More to the question at hand, I'll echo my sentiment from the Mera/Namora thread. If they just duke it out, Namor and Namora should win. However, Mera and Arthur have some other tools at their disposal that could carry the day if they're clever about it.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Laminator_X
JLA/Avengers might be worth an exception. Marvel has mentioned it (obliquely so as to not touch DC trademarks) in guidebooks. DC went a step farther and actually had the Trinity mini-series follow up on events in JLA/Avengers (Krona and the cosmic egg).

More to the question at hand, I'll echo my sentiment from the Mera/Namora thread. If they just duke it out, Namor and Namora should win. However, Mera and Arthur have some other tools at their disposal that could carry the day if they're clever about it.

It's not canon for Marvel, but it is for DC.

Laminator_X
Didn't an Avengers guide mention their journey to a "Different Continuum" or the like?

Prep-Man
Not sure about that, but it's widely known that it's not in continuity. Marvel has said as much. It is in DC's continuity, though.

-Pr-
It was also mentioned in a Photon bio too, iirc. Either way, I wouldn't consider either to be canon for either company. If it can't be canon for both, I don't see how it can be canon for one over the other, because then Superman is fighting some facsimile of Thor, not Thor himself.

Anyway, in a physical battle, yeah, they're outmatched (though Arthur is going to tank a hell of a lot anyway based on past events), but when you bring in anything else, Arthur and Mera should take it imo.

basilisk
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not sure about that, but it's widely known that it's not in continuity. Marvel has said as much. It is in DC's continuity, though. Not anymore, I guess.

JakeTheBank
Mera and Aquaman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.