The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Watch the trailer.

Part one of the two part Hobbit story. Keep in mind that this is just a teaser and not the full out trailer. Principal filming only began 9 months ago.

It looks f*cking amazing.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Impediment

It looks f*cking amazing.

Amen to that =D

Impediment
Ian McKellen is baaaaaaack!

Robtard

He never went away, asshat.

siriuswriter
cheesus.

ALL of the supporting cast that apply are back Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchette, and most importantly, ANDY SERKIS. I'm glad we finally get a song from the books, and I think this will be a lot closer to the book than LotR was, we have only one medium sized book to cover in two movies, LotR had 1000+ pages to cover in three films.

It's the vision from the man who made LotR so special... how can this NOT be awesome?!?!

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
He never went away, asshat.

There were strong rumors that McKellen would not reprise the role. I felt like......it's his CIVIC DUTY to play the role of Gandalf again. Ditto for Christopher Lee.

Cum bubble.

BruceSkywalker
the books brought to life.. will be seeing this

Kazenji
Recently went to Hobbiton in New Zealand and it was awesome....thats i'm saying.

Omega Vision
(1) Glad to see the old cast is back, even if some of the people have no reason to be there (looking at you Galadriel and Frodo)

(2) Glad to see the music is apparently going to be kept, I just hope they don't ruin/get rid of the Goblin songs

(3) At a loss as to why they'd release such a polished trailer a full year before the film's release. It seems like cruel teasing, or perhaps a ploy to convince the financial backers that they aren't just sitting around and jacking off and that the movie is under way. My one concern is that a lot can happen creatively in one year. Parts of the trailer might be changed or cut completely by the time the actual movie comes out.

Impediment
Technically, this is the teaser. The final trailer gas yet to release.

ADarksideJedi
I can't wait to see it!It should be good!

Mr Parker

I knew that face looked familiar.Yeah this looks like a fun film.Great cast..Orlando Bloom and especially Christopher Lee.you cant go wrong there.Damn I cant believe Lee is STILL around today.I thought that guy was long dead by now. eek! with Peter Jackson directing you just know it will be great. Happy Dance

Barker
So it'll be different than LotR, yeah? I mean, I've read Hobbit and the series, and Hobbit seemed more "fantasy", if you feel me.

I realize they're both fantasy books but Hobbit seems more unreal, if that makes sense. Because there wasn't a talking dragon in LotR, etc.

I'm just rambling, but does anyone feel a little weird about everything in the trailer?

siriuswriter
Yah, LotR was definitely "doom and gloom" right up to the very multiple endings.

The Hobbit is much more fantastical, the troop gets into some trouble, but there's almost always a quick and easy fix.

The scene between Bilbo and Gollum is pretty much play-time, figuratively and literally. What has it got in it's pocketses?

LincolnDark
awesome! looks sick. just hope theres as much action as lotr

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I knew that face looked familiar.Yeah this looks like a fun film.Great cast..Orlando Bloom and especially Christopher Lee.you cant go wrong there.Damn I cant believe Lee is STILL around today.I thought that guy was long dead by now. eek! with Peter Jackson directing you just know it will be great. Happy Dance

I thought the same thing. He and the other older actor been around for a long time. But they are both good. I forget the other ones name. Anyway I argee. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.