Dr Doom VS Dr Strange who's more powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kingzeus
What are your thoughts...
Consistent facts only

Who's the best of the two?

Fighting all powers at the top of their game?

Bouboumaster
without prep, at their absolute best (without upgrades), I go with Doctor Strange. He hold the best record from their fights

Mindset
What fights?

guy222
doom

Aakla
Well Dr. strange had to help Doom after he became sorcerer supreme because Doom was the only survivor. after Strange helped Doom, try to reclaim his mother, Strange wondered if Doom had it planed from the start. so its possible that Doom gave up being sorcerer supreme so that Strange would have to help him, knowing he would survive the test and be granted a boon by doing so.

Doom

GalacticStorm
According to Wanda, Dooms magic is more powerful-

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5341/avengerscc070017.th.jpg

I think Stranges strength lies in versatility and skill instead of raw power.

cdtm
Strange can tap into more raw power without the need of artifacts like cosmic cubes. He's basically a conduit for the power of cosmic beings, which is a perk of being the Sorcerer Supreme.

JakeTheBank
Doom.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by cdtm
Strange can tap into more raw power without the need of artifacts like cosmic cubes. He's basically a conduit for the power of cosmic beings, which is a perk of being the Sorcerer Supreme.

Doom can tap into external power sources as well. Thats normal for a sorcerer. Unless you are inherently mystical yourself (i.e part faerie like Morgan Le Fey) then you do not generate your own power internally but instead tap into the ambient mysetical energy of the universe and/or call on the power of mystical entities.

According to Wanda an accomplished sorceress herself and who has experience wielding far greater energies than either Doom or Strange, Dooms magic is generally stronger.

However with that said Strange was the Sorcerer Supreme for a reason and i believe part of the reason is down to greater mystical knowledge which allows for greater versatility and skill in wielding mystical energies. Doom may have more raw power but strange can defeat him through greater skill. Thats how it generally is with strange and his opponents.

Black bolt z
Top of their game? Strange.

Kingzeus
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Doom can tap into external power sources as well. Thats normal for a sorcerer. Unless you are inherently mystical yourself (i.e part faerie like Morgan Le Fey) then you do not generate your own power internally but instead tap into the ambient mysetical energy of the universe and/or call on the power of mystical entities.

According to Wanda an accomplished sorceress herself and who has experience wielding far greater energies than either Doom or Strange, Dooms magic is generally stronger.

However with that said Strange was the Sorcerer Supreme for a reason and i believe part of the reason is down to greater mystical knowledge which allows for greater versatility and skill in wielding mystical energies. Doom may have more raw power but strange can defeat him through greater skill. Thats how it generally is with strange and his opponents.

I think people forget that although dr doom has people greater than him he is the single greatestbmind in th universe when he wants to be...

He did trick the BEYONDER and take his powers over, which I think trumps all because that would be the height of his power.... And it be Dr. Doom BEYONDER powers VS strange...

But even before the the BEYONDER move I think that dr. Dooms greatest power is his mind and I personally think not only is he stronger, but he is smarter...

And dr strange only became sorc supreme. Because doom talked him into it... So I think if you can control your upon to thinking they are making their own choices and they are actually baring your biding without their knowing it your better!

I have a bias opinion on the matter doom is one of my top three characters!

But per comics he is better by feats alone, he basically controlled all of existence for a short period, as well as before that I he was pretty impressive his super villain resume opens all kinda doors at interviews I bet!

Sundipped

Doc has more overall raw power (according to feats) as well as knowledge/experience in the mystic arts. In Triumph/Torment Doc trained Doom before they went to Mephisto's realm. Doom also tried Doc once with the Crimson Bands and Doc schooled him, reversing the spell telling Doom that they were not conjured properly. If this thread doesn't involve Doom using power stealing prep, then he pales in comparison to Steve.

abhilegend
Classic Steve crushes doom sans prep.

Sundipped
Oh yeah, and as far as Wanda goes, Doc put an unstable Wanda into a coma. Cap wondered if she was still alive or not.

guy222
Doom

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10202541_detail.jpg

hmm homage to SW

Aakla
Originally posted by Sundipped
Doc has more overall raw power (according to feats) as well as knowledge/experience in the mystic arts. In Triumph/Torment Doc trained Doom before they went to Mephisto's realm. Doom also tried Doc once with the Crimson Bands and Doc schooled him, reversing the spell telling Doom that they were not conjured properly. If this thread doesn't involve Doom using power stealing prep, then he pales in comparison to Steve.

But at the end of that Strange wondered if Doom hadn't had the whole thing planned out. Doom had to much pride to ask Strange for help, so he might have intentionally got the bands wrong so that strange would turn them back on him, and in doing so protect him from the tests onslaught. and also forcing Strange to grant him a boon, which was Dooms intention all along.

Kingzeus
Originally posted by Aakla
But at the end of that Strange wondered if Doom hadn't had the whole thing planned out. Doom had to much pride to ask Strange for help, so he might have intentionally got the bands wrong so that strange would turn them back on him, and in doing so protect him from the tests onslaught. and also forcing Strange to grant him a boon, which was Dooms intention all along.

Dr Doom n prep beats anyone

Dr Doom intelligence I think trumps the doc I think anyway...

He has tricked him before... He could find away to win!

Uriel005
According to Wanda, Dooms magic is more powerful-

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5341/avengerscc070017.th.jpg

I think Stranges strength lies in versatility and skill instead of raw power. vice versa Strange himself has gone to doom stating he was probably the more skilled between the two overall barring Stranges benefit of being Sorcerer Supreme. Have to find where he said it.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Aakla

Not sure if that's the case. I was thinking Doom turned on him because they were the only two sorcerers left at that point. Regardless, Doc proved to be superior for the simple fact Doom had to increase the power output on his armor multiple times just to keep up with the training. It was also Docs shield that kept them from being incinerated vs. Mephisto.

Mindset
Not sure if that's the case. I was thinking Doom turned on him because they were the only two sorcerers left at that point. Regardless, Doc proved to be superior for the simple fact Doom had to increase the power output on his armor multiple times just to keep up with the training. It was also Docs shield that kept them from being incinerated vs. Mephisto. Since then Doom has traveled through time learning magic from the greatest sorcerers.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Mindset
Since then Doom has traveled through time learning magic from the greatest sorcerers.

What feats does he have to show for it?

OneDumbG0
What feats does he have to show for it? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t495216.html

Sundipped
Yeah I know about your thread. I was hoping he'd point out something specifically off hand tho.

ozz81
great thread but unsure..

Estacado
Right now I would say Doom.
However retro Strange should be above Victor imo.

TheHulk
Strange, especially Classic Strange.

DarkRaiden
Doom. Strange has stated that Doom knows more than him, Scarlet Witch said Doom was more powerful. Plus he practically oneshotted Strange in Unthinkable.

Oh and he beat Morgana La Fey in a pure magic battle so that's something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.