Wonder Woman vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Both are willing to kill in order to win.

Standard gear for both.

Who takes this?

Prep-Man
orion.

aztec
Polly gave Orion a nose bleed. Diana >> Polly, therefore she should take the slight majority from him.

country1000
orion.

Stoic
Here's a question; If Wonder Woman can block every bullet from a chain gun, how would Orion ever connect with a punch? I'd imagine that she would block everything and continue assaulting him no?

Spire
Probably WW.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
Here's a question; If Wonder Woman can block every bullet from a chain gun, how would Orion ever connect with a punch? I'd imagine that she would block everything and continue assaulting him no?

Orion is fast, too. His fight with Scott and Lightray show this. Plus, the Astro Force.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Orion is fast, too. His fight with Scott and Lightray show this. Plus, the Astro Force.

Did Lightray fly fast, or have Flash like combat speeds?

Prep-Man
Did Lightray fly fast, or have Flash like combat speeds?

I believe they were just flying in the sky. But when Orion was facing Scott in Simonson's run, Orion was trying to catch him at super speeds. He couldn't catch him, because he's Mister Miracle.

Also, in Simonson's run, Orion casually caught a bullet while he was blind. Had his eyes taken from his head.

Stoic
I believe they were just flying in the sky. But when Orion was facing Scott in Simonson's run, Orion was trying to catch him at super speeds. He couldn't catch him, because he's Mister Miracle.

Also, in Simonson's run, Orion casually caught a bullet while he was blind. Had his eyes taken from his head.

That's one bullet though. Diana could do the cha cha, and block a chain gun barrage at the same time. JLA 4 was great....... Happy Dance I'm on the edge of my seat for 5 to come out.

abhilegend
Malefic laughed at orion's speed and told him how slow he was. Orion is fast but nothing like diana. Split or orion 6/10.

Prep-Man
Superman was also surprised when he went to New Genesis and saw every NG moving at the speed of light! big grin

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Malefic laughed at orion's speed and told him how slow he was. Orion is fast but nothing like diana. Split or orion 6/10.

But how can you give Orion the nod? How does he land a blow without taking 5-10 hits first? If you look at this from a martial artists perspective, Orion would have to be several times stronger than Diana to pull a majority. That's before she uses the lasso imo.

Prep-Man
WW isn't that much faster, IMO.

abhilegend
But how can you give Orion the nod? How does he land a blow without taking 5-10 hits first? If you look at this from a martial artists perspective, Orion would have to be several times stronger than Diana to pull a majority. That's before she uses the lasso imo.

Because I can smokin' . But the thing is that diana doesn't speedblitz like other speedsters. Her amazon nature ensures that she would fight orion at even terms and orion is stronger, more vicious and better fighter than her. He's called The Dog of War for a reason.

Stoic
WW isn't that much faster, IMO.

Okay but who would you say is stronger? Who is faster? Who is a better fighter? This is what will determine who would be taking a nap first.

Stoic
Because I can smokin' . But the thing is that diana doesn't speedblitz like other speedsters. Her amazon nature ensures that she would fight orion at even terms and orion is stronger, more vicious and better fighter than her. He's called The Dog of War for a reason.

I'll wait on other opinions on who is a better fighter, and who is stronger. A hot head is often the game decider, and cooler heads often win more often.

Prep-Man
Strength, slight edge to orion.

Fighter, slight edge to Orion.

Faster, debatable, but I'll say slight edge to WW.

More versatile, Orion by FAR.

More energy output, Orion by FAR.

Greater power to draw upon, ORION.

DarkSaint85
^This.

And yes, whilst cool heads would sometimes prevail - I offer exhibit A, Wolverine's Berserker Rage.

Now imagine that rage, coupled with Superman-level strength, WW-level fighting ability and GL-level energy blasts.

Stoic
Yeah but there's one thing that she can exploit on him that he can't do to her.

abhilegend
^ That blasted lasso. miffed

Stoic
^ That blasted lasso. miffed

That and... Nut shots

Prep-Man
Orion has intangibility. And Martians (who can turn intangible) has shown to get out of lasso's, IIRC.

Stoic
Orion has intangibility. And Martians (who can turn intangible) has shown to get out of lasso's, IIRC.

Yeah but can he get out of the nut cracker suite? big grin stick out tongue

abhilegend

Diana captured intangible beings with lasso, in League of one J'onn couldn't escape from lasso IIRC.

Prep-Man
Didn't a White Martian escape, though? In JLA series.

abhilegend
^^ No, she was fighting Primaid with lasso around her.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/jla00411n0qb.jpg

Q99
Strength, slight edge to orion.

Fighter, slight edge to Orion.

Faster, debatable, but I'll say slight edge to WW.

More versatile, Orion by FAR.

More energy output, Orion by FAR.

Greater power to draw upon, ORION.

Defense, Wonder Woman (Bracers)

Also, on versatility, she's pretty good- HtH. Lasso. Tiara. Zeus lightning zap. While Orion's motherbox allows even more, he tends to fight in a more direct manner.

Prep-Man
A White Martian escaped Diana's Lasso in Terror Incognita, IIRC.

And MM stated he could escape the Lasso in JLA Divided We Fall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.