Boardwalk Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Agent
Boardwalk Empire is an American television series from cable network HBO, set in Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition era. It stars Steve Buscemi as Enoch "Nucky" Thompson. The show was adapted by Emmy Award-winning screenwriter and producer Terence Winter (of The Sopranos) from a book about historical criminal kingpin Enoch "Nucky" Johnson by Nelson Johnson, titled Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City.

The first episode, directed by Martin Scorsese, is the most expensive pilot episode produced in television history, with a final cost of $18 million. On September 1, 2009, HBO picked up the series for an additional 11 episodes. It premiered on September 19, 2010. The series was immediately renewed for a second season on September 20, 2010, which premiered on HBO on September 25, 2011.

Boardwalk Empire has received widespread critical acclaim, particularly for its visual style and historical accuracy, as well as for Buscemi's lead performance. The series was nominated for 18 Emmy Awards; winning eight, including Outstanding Directing for Martin Scorsese.

On October 12, 2011 it was announced that the series has been renewed for a third season.

I really can't believe there isn't a thread or more talk about this series on here.

Did anyone see he shocking finalee of season 2?

Myth
I've only seen 1 episode (about 2 weeks ago). I really liked it and want to watch more, but I don't have easy access to it and I'm too lazy to look it up online.

Stealth Agent
Torrent it at pirate bay or demonoid. You'll really like it after you've began to follow all of the plot lines it becomes very addicting.

Michael Pitt a rising star plays 'Jimmy Darmody', Stephen Grahm another rising star plays 'Al Capone' and Steve Buscemi plays 'Nucky Thomspon'

It's set a new standard for tv all together, i mean it's made by the creator of the Sopranos and it's easily far more sophisticated and complex then the Sopranos, and for christ sake the first episode was directed by Scorsese. What the **** else need be said.

COG Veteran
Guess nobody else here watches this show, huh? Well I decided to return to television after 3 years and found this quite entertaining. I've only finished season 1 but Martin Scorsese can sure as hell tell a story.

COG Veteran
Yuck yuck! Jimmy and his own mother banged!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.