Vixen vs. Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aztec
I've always wondered who would take the majority. I'm a huge fan of both, but my love for both characters is blinding me from deciding who'd take the majority.

So who takes the majority?

1. Both women are bloodlusted.

Vixen (pre-boot)

vs.

Storm

byrdgang21
Storm

abhilegend
Ororo stomps.

dmills
Storm

aztec
Just for reference, Vixen's totem can stack powers, allows her to heal herself and has taken hits by an enraged Superman.

Glorificus
Vixen needs to breathe right?

Storm creates a vacuum around Vixen, and sits up in the sky, waiting for Vixen to suffocate.

Or she just flash-freezes her. Either one.

nwg202
i saw vixen use the power of a triceratops to smash right through amazo and the armor of a bug or beetle to take a blow from a blitzing superman. Is that pis? or does she amplify the actual powers of the animals she call on.

For example when she calls on the speed of the cheeta does she break the sound barrier? Cuz if we go by feats vixen might be able to handle storm, assuming these feats arn't pis. I don't read a lot of vixen so any input is appreciated.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by nwg202
i saw vixen use the power of a triceratops to smash right through amazo and the armor of a bug or beetle to take a blow from a blitzing superman. Is that pis? or does she amplify the actual powers of the animals she call on.

For example when she calls on the speed of the cheeta does she break the sound barrier? Cuz if we go by feats vixen might be able to handle storm, assuming these feats arn't pis. I don't read a lot of vixen so any input is appreciated.

Some of its PIS - some of it is writers not knowing what they're on about. Similar to Spiderman having the 'proportional strength of a spider', so they may have given her the 'proportional armour strength of a beetle'....

And as for the cheetah, no she doesn't. She raced against Jay and said she was, but it turned out she was leeching off speedsters, the implication being she could only top out at a cheetah's natural speed if she took that power.

-Pr-
I'd back Storm, but Vixen is very impressive, and would definitely make it a fight imo.

nwg202
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Some of its PIS - some of it is writers not knowing what they're on about. Similar to Spiderman having the 'proportional strength of a spider', so they may have given her the 'proportional armour strength of a beetle'....

And as for the cheetah, no she doesn't. She raced against Jay and said she was, but it turned out she was leeching off speedsters, the implication being she could only top out at a cheetah's natural speed if she took that power.

Cool. thanks. So I assume on the vs forums vixen is just as powerful as the animals she is mimicking, since everyone here is picking storm. So Vixen should never be able to take a blitz from supes. (unless she can still leech off superpowers or alien animals) Curious about the proportional durability of the beetle thing...if she can tank some superman level blows that makes her awfully tough to stop. Even if she can just take a couple of blows. couple that w/ healing flight and speed...it might be a closer match then some people think.

I saw storm hit the black bird mid flight in ny ( i think) while she was in wakanda. she was sensing some weather patterns. pretty impressive to attack a continent away

HandOfFate
Cool. thanks. So I assume on the vs forums vixen is just as powerful as the animals she is mimicking, since everyone here is picking storm. So Vixen should never be able to take a blitz from supes. (unless she can still leech off superpowers or alien animals)

She can take a hit from Superman because her powers are magic base, the magic behind her abilities allows her to do things normal animals could never do.

Curious about the proportional durability of the beetle thing...if she can tank some superman level blows that makes her awfully tough to stop. Even if she can just take a couple of blows. couple that w/ healing flight and speed...it might be a closer match then some people think.

Here tanking a blow from Superman is cool but her real problem is getting to Storm.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8383/armoredbeetle.jpg

cdtm
I don't know much about Vixen, but I always pegged her as a female Animal Man.

And I think Animal Man could go through Storm, if he taps into the right animals.. She should be able to too, in theory..

HandOfFate
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't know much about Vixen, but I always pegged her as a female Animal Man.

And I think Animal Man could go through Storm, if he taps into the right animals.. She should be able to too, in theory..

She is a female version of Animal Man....but without distance limits. I can't think of one animal that can withstand a hurricane.....on the other Vixen could go for the powers of Gorilla Grood or the Shark and mental bolt Storm out of the sky.

nwg202
Originally posted by HandOfFate
She can take a hit from Superman because her powers are magic base, the magic behind her abilities allows her to do things normal animals could never do.

Here tanking a blow from Superman is cool but her real problem is getting to Storm.

Can't see leech off powers from a falcon w/ amped up speed? (assuming she can do thing normal animals can't do) If she's limited to just the actual animal powers without amping. Storm stomps. it's the amp that makes me curious.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by HandOfFate

Can't see leech off powers from a falcon w/ amped up speed? (assuming she can do thing normal animals can't do) If she's limited to just the actual animal powers without amping. Storm stomps. it's the amp that makes me curious.

Well, she doesn't leech, she mimics.....and she can amp/increase the abilities of animals she mimics

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4752/healingfactor.jpg

guy222
ororo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.