Who are the best Prep Masters in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
I'll list some.

DC
Kobra (Jason Burr)
Harry Tanner (Prince of lies)
John Constantine
Calculator
Batman
TAO
Maxwell Lord
Dr. Dedalus
Henry Bendix
Ra's Al Ghul
Vandal Savage

Marvel
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Reed
Mad Thinker
Red Skull

-Pr-
Cyclops
Hank Pym
Deathstroke

Prep-Man
Doctor Chaos seemed to have a lot of potential.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/96110/2080402-justice_society_of_america__47_large.jpg

Bentley
Kang, M.O.D.O.K., T.O. Morrow, Will Magnus, The Doctor (Doctor Who) and Alexander Luthor.

Stoic
1. Thanos
2. Batman
3. Doom

Prep-Man
Some of those guys are just scientifically smart. I want ones that are good with prep. Chess type of war. For example, JSA Kobra, where Jason Burr and Mr. Terrific were trying to out prep each other. Manipulation, cunning, etc...

John Constantine would be another example.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Some of those guys are just scientifically smart. I want ones that are good with prep. Chess type of war. For example, JSA Kobra, where Jason Burr and Mr. Terrific were trying to out prep each other. Manipulation, cunning, etc...

John Constantine would be another example.

Thanos is both, I mean he orchestrated the greatest heist in the universe more than once. I see what you mean about Doom. Batman though, is on the money.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos is both, I mean he orchestrated the greatest heist in the universe more than once. I see what you mean about Doom. Batman though, is on the money.

I wasn't really quoting you. But Constantine> Batman, IMO. He has greater feats with prep.

Stoic
I wasn't really quoting you. But Constantine> Batman, IMO. He has greater feats with prep.

Cough... Batman used Darkseid as a pawn.

Prep-Man
Constantine would likely do the same. And probably worse.

DarkSaint85
This reminds me of a quote I once saw in a forum battle between Lucifer and Constantine.

Lucifer would win, only to find his wallet stolen by Constantine.

Enzeru
The best prep master is probably Constantine. That guy could take on God with preparation.

Otherwise Doctor Doom and Reed Richards are insane with a good amount of prep time. Batman isn't bad either, but he preps mostly for taking down regular heralds, by exploiting their weaknesses. Even Batman has limits.

Parmaniac
Dr. Octopus
Spider-man

(as an add to the list, considering what these 2 have done recently)

Prep-Man
Good list, guys. Keep on adding. I'll add

Adam Strange
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/155337-23079-adam-strange_large.jpg

Cogito
Originally posted by Enzeru
The best prep master is probably definitely Constantine Lucifer. That guy could did take on God with preparation.

Glorificus
Don't forget about Mr. Sinister.

With proper prep, he could set up traps in his mind that could even wreck Nate Grey, not to mention make a few Goblin Queen clones.

Digi
Here's the thing: about 75% of either universe can do awesome things with prep, and they have. But to be the best you have to go well above that. So Sinister, for example, good prep guy. Nowhere near on the level of, say, Reed or Doom though.

Thanos ranks pretty high, as does Reed/Doom.

Doctor Who is weird. He doesn't really prep...he wrecks brilliant peoples' prep with 5 minutes of improvisation. He obviously can prep, and has with great affect, but usually doesn't because it's not in his nature.

Not sure I'd rank Batman for a similar reason. He's prepped before, of course, but most times he's just being smart enough to foil the plans of others who have actually prepped. Bad guys generally do much more legit prepping. The heroes just react 90% of the time. Batman Inc. is a good rebuttal to this, but for much of his history it was a big computer, MA skill, and detective skills, which isn't technically prepping for a villain, just a set of skills and resources to deal with them.

guy222
Doom

JakeTheBank
Doom.

godking
Kingpin.

Master strategist and tactician WITHOUT powers or being a technical genius.

-K-M-
Cant have prep masters without listing "Master of the World"

McNasty996
Constantine, Doom, Reed, and Alexander Luthor. All of these guys can be seen to be equal as in their specialized areas balance each other out.

Existere
Elijah Snow deserves mention.

DarkSaint85
SAying that, I still have yet to see a prep feat equal to Martian Manhunter's in JLA 1 million....

abhilegend
^ That was actually huntress' idea.

tkitna
Reed

Prep-Man
Originally posted by abhilegend ^ That was actually huntress' idea.

what did mm and huntress do?

and kudos for mentioning alexander luthor. that man is seriously the smartest villain in comics. bringing back and manipulating the multiverse, bringing back and reversing the effects of omega man, humiliating lex luthor, etc... he accomplished more than any scientist i have seen.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Existere Elijah Snow deserves mention.

what has he done?

DarkSaint85
what did mm and huntress do?

and kudos for mentioning alexander luthor. that man is seriously the smartest villain in comics. bringing back and manipulating the multiverse, bringing back and reversing the effects of omega man, humiliating lex luthor, etc... he accomplished more than any scientist i have seen.

Apologies for not replying sooner.

Right, if I remember JLA 1 Million correctly:

Huntress had an idea to stop Solaris in the 853rd century, whilst in the 20th Century, by hiding a GL ring and disguising it as Kryptonite. Its then hidden on Mars, which is now sentient as J'onn is now one with it. Solaris tries to fire the green fragment not realising its a GL ring, and powers Superman even further.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.