Thanos vs. Team Amp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Team

- Red Hulk

- Guy Gardner

- Ms. Marvel

- Parasite (Rudy Jones)

Battlefield

This fight takes place in a labyrinth fortress the size of California constructed by Thanos out of Secondary Adamantium.

Stipulations

- Ross has drained Norrin Rad (from when he first became the Silver Surfer) and current Terrax completely of the Power Cosmic. He is wielding Terrax's axe and riding the Surfer's board. This is not Loebforce Rulk.

- Guy Gardner is wielding both a Green and Red Lantern Ring. He is in the mindset he was in Blackest Night.

- Ms. Marvel (current) has been afflicted with the Wendigo curse. She is currently in control of her new form but must constantly fight it.

- The Parasite has drained Donna Troy, Starfire, Static Shock and Miss Martian and will hold onto these combined power sets for 1 hour.

- The team do not automatically gain basic knowledge of Thanos unless they already had it to begin with from encounters with the Mad Titan; they only know they must kill Thanos. The team has no reason to act in tandem with one another but will recognize each other as friendlies.

- Thanos is not aware of who will be attacking himself and invading his fortress. He is only informed that the beings who are coming for his life are each at least as strong as the Silver Surfer.

- Thanos receives 1 hour to prepare but can only use this one hour to mediate and gird his mind and body for the coming trial. He can not use the time to prepare any technology or request outside aid or recover artifacts. He may only use his own powers to prepare.

- Thanos is not immortal for this trial and does not possess any of his unique abilities as an avatar of Death (such as killing unkillable beings). He does possesses any other augments or upgrades that he had from his latest resurrection.

- Thanos starts on one side of the fortress and the Team starts on the other. Thanos is warned by his security systems when the Team arrives and can track their presence until they are compromised. The Team are only aware that Thanos is somewhere in the fortress.

- The fortress has defensive systems that would be sufficient to make a Superman class being to at least flinch but would only temporarily detain or slow them down.

- PIS is off, CIS is on.

- No BFR.

- Victory is determined by Death or Technical Knockout for more than 1 minute.

guy222
thanos loses

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by guy222
thanos loses

Your reasoning Guy?

Though I didn't explicitly say it in the OP, the team has no reason to even stick together when hunting down Thanos. So there is no guarantee he can't divide and conqueror.

guy222
good morning smile

rulk by himself is a match for thanos

my pal quan won't admit it he's tilly stick out tongue

too much power for him to overcome

many forget bout thanos his ultimate weapon isn't prep, not goodies its his mind and that will not b enough here for a win for the eternal titan

Mr.Mxyzptlk
good morning smile

rulk by himself is a match for thanos

my pal quan won't admit it he's tilly stick out tongue

too much power for him to overcome

many forget bout thanos his ultimate weapon isn't prep, not goodies its his mind and that will not b enough here for a win for the eternal titan

This isn't Loebforce Rulk though.

This is current Ross with just a power amp from newbie Surfer and Terrax.

And good morning to you as well.

guy222
still enough have rings wendigo curse

many don't realize how powerful wen-di-go is

Mr.Mxyzptlk
still enough have rings wendigo curse

many don't realize how powerful wen-di-go is

It really depends on the Wendigo honestly.

Some are just cannon fodder and some are contenders.

guy222
if u use his stronger appearances

watered down ones...marvel dropped the ball

hulk stopped wendy last time

abhilegend
Thanos loses.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
if u use his stronger appearances

watered down ones...marvel dropped the ball

hulk stopped wendy last time

I can think of only 3 Wendigoes that were really worth anything.

Then you have the tribe of them owned by Rulk, the Las Vegas ones who were stomped, the one Sabertooth skinned and the one that She-Hulk and Wolverine took down with one single Fastball Special.

So I'm wondering if the stronger Wendigoes are really the outliers now.

But anyways, what split do you give Thanos vs. the team?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanos loses.

Why pray tell and what split would you give?

guy222
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
I can think of only 3 Wendigoes that were really worth anything.

Then you have the tribe of them owned by Rulk, the Las Vegas ones who were stomped, the one Sabertooth skinned and the one that She-Hulk and Wolverine took down with one single Fastball Special.

So I'm wondering if the stronger Wendigoes are really the outliers now.

But anyways, what split do you give Thanos vs. the team?

stronger ones better to use smile i have posted scans of said issues u mentioned

still see the titan losing

he's not gonna stand up to all that power

the rings by themselves can restart and end a universe

Mr.Mxyzptlk
stronger ones better to use smile i have posted scans of said issues u mentioned

still see the titan losing

he's not gonna stand up to all that power

the rings by themselves can restart and end a universe

Except there's no guarantee he needs to stand up to all that power.

The battlefield is the size of an entire state and only Thanos will have any knowledge of where everyone will be at any point and time until his security systems are compromised.

And there's no guarantee that the team won't split up and try to find and take down Thanos by themselves.

And since when were Lantern Rings universe busters?

And you didn't give me a split.

guy222
i don't see a 50/50

see a 51/49 big grin

if the team act as one, they win

jealously they lose

Mr.Mxyzptlk
i don't see a 50/50

see a 51/49 big grin

if the team act as one, they win

jealously they lose

I meant more out of 10 how many times would Thanos win or lose. If I'm using the wrong term for what that's called, I apologize.

So you feel that if they all bullrush Thanos as one he loses but he'd pull off a win if he could take them out in smaller groups?

guy222
6/10

working in unison they win

Mr.Mxyzptlk
6/10

working in unison they win

How would you rank the team Guy? From giving Thanos the most trouble to the least.

guy222
good evening smile

between guy and parasite gives him the most trouble

rings are quite powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.