The Official "Happy Holidays" Thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
So I'll start,

Happy Christmas KMC people!!

dadudemon
Merry Christmas. Since Christmas is a national holiday in the US, it can be celebrated secularly. So there is not shame in wishing someone a Merry Christmas. If I were an Atheist, I would still celebrate Christmas because of that fact.

Ax3l
Originally posted by dadudemon
Merry Christmas. Since Christmas is a national holiday in the US, it can be celebrated secularly. So there is not shame in wishing someone a Merry Christmas. If I were an Atheist, I would still celebrate Christmas because of that fact.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ax3l

Just trying to help the atheists out there that might feel guilty about enjoying Christmas. smile

Ax3l
Atheists don't feel guilty about anything.

Catholics are the ones with the guilt.

Edit: That was a joke, don't you dare reply with a long winded ramble about anything. You understand me?

dadudemon

They do. They feel just as guilty at doing things they think are hypocritical as anyone else. In fact, they pride themselves on their ethics because they are almost all "pure virtue" ethicists.

Some are. Mostly because Christmas is an extremely Pagan holiday. Not all. They are blissfully ignorant about the paganism surrounding Christmas.

Edit: That was a joke, don't you dare reply with a long winded ramble about anything. You understand me?

One of the coolest things to do on the internet is to take a joke statement and reply to it very seriously. It is not quite trolling (it doesn't qualify as trolling at all, in the classical sense) but it can replace the "trolling" desires that some posters have (myself not included...I just respond seriously to jokes because it amuses both parties).

Ax3l
You son of a *****.

Thoren
haermm

Merry Christmas to all, if you don't believe, or are of another faith, go **** yourself.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Thoren
haermm

Merry Christmas to all, if you don't believe, or are of another faith, go **** yourself.

Who is that in your sig?

siriuswriter

I'm pretty sure Jews are the ones with the guilt. They get the longer timeline, you know, plus all the war crime awful "extermination" tries.

Catholics still have guilt, don't get me wrong, but they can do anything up to a mortal sin.

But Jews like it mixed in with the matzo balls. One part love, one part heritage, two parts guilt.

dadudemon
Man...I want some Matzah Balls, now. Sounds delicious at the moment.

Peach
http://roguebelle.tumblr.com/post/13564040153/jesus-not-so-much-the-reason-for-the-season

Worth reading stick out tongue

Anyway, my mom is in the hospital, and may not be home tomorrow. So I'm trying to make sure that everything's all set for my little siblings because damnit I feel bad for them. So yeah.

Merry Christmas.

the ninjak
Merry Xmas and a safe New Year guys.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Peach
http://roguebelle.tumblr.com/post/13564040153/jesus-not-so-much-the-reason-for-the-season

Worth reading stick out tongue

Anyway, my mom is in the hospital, and may not be home tomorrow. So I'm trying to make sure that everything's all set for my little siblings because damnit I feel bad for them. So yeah.

Merry Christmas.

I was with that author 100000% until the very end when she went the exact opposite direction with her conclusion. She should have finished off her article with the following:

Bardock42

And with the pagan origins of the holiday they don't even have to feel bad about it being a Christian thing. So I guess only those offended by the name might still have a problem...I guess they can just call it "the holidays" or make something up themselves.

Yay, finally everyone can celebrate Christmas. Well, except Jews...and Hindus...and...

Bardock42
I was with that author 100000% until the very end when she went the exact opposite direction with her conclusion. She should have finished off her article with the following:

The only thing is that there's no "war on christmas", hardly anyone complains about that outside of extreme radical outliers. On the other hand the "wah, he said 'happy holidays, wah" crowd, has a whole News Network (the most popular in the most influential nation of the world) suspending regular programming to pretend 24/7 that Christmas (and it's important Christian teachings) are under attack...

Except for that I agree though, everyone should just ease up, the people that she is describing are just much more numerous and vocal than the ones you describe.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
The only thing is that there's no "war on christmas", hardly anyone complains about that outside of extreme radical outliers.

Well, my personal experience is the opposite: especially at the work place. It is a bit different in the US in some places. Especially the Bible Belt.

On the other hand the "wah, he said 'happy holidays, wah" crowd, has a whole News Network (the most popular in the most influential nation of the world) suspending regular programming to pretend 24/7 that Christmas (and it's important Christian teachings) are under attack...

Really? I did not know about this. I assume this is Fox News?

But wouldn't that just be the backlash from the backlash?

Meaning, because so many people are getting in trouble OR getting complaints about how "offensive" "merry Christmas" is (the original backlash), there is a backlash against them(because it is popular to hate on people for hating on Christians...in America, at least. They like to go, "AHA! You hate Christians! GOTCHA!"wink.

the people that she is describing are just much more numerous and vocal than the ones you describe.

I disagree. From a "management" perspective, there are far more people complaining about how inappropriate it is to talk about or use "Christmas" in anything. Even the annual "Christmas Potluck" had to get changed to "Winter Holiday Potluck" because my employer got so many complaints about how "offensive" it was to see the word "Christmas" anywhere near anything work related. This is, of course, secondary to our security guards getting in trouble for telling people "Merry Christmas". It seems like everywhere I turn, everyone is sh*tting themselves over the word "Christmas". It's not about Jesus: it's obviously about Santa. no expression

Case in point: why is it naughty to say "Merry Christmas" and why is everyone trying their hardest to avoid it when it is a national holiday (meaning, it is literally sponsored by the government as hundreds of thousands of Federal employees are paid to be off that day). They holiday is definitely not about Jesus...even in the Bible Belt. No one talks about, "Oh man...I can't wait for Christmas because I can be extra thankful for His Son's birth and ministry on earth. Joy to the world!" No one says that. laughing Everyone...even the die-hard Christians say, "I can't wait for Christmas because I can see my family and open presents."

Nothing about Jesus there: nope. smile What I mean: the author had it right about 4/5s the way through the article. It has almost always been about things other than Jesus' birth. It is more "pagan" than Halloween, IMO.

ADarksideJedi
Merry Christmas to you all and to you all a Good night!

Barker
Merry Christmas, none of this happy holidays bullshit.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Barker
Merry Christmas, none of this happy holidays bullshit.

Oh yeah? You have a nice winter solstice, too uhuh

...a bit belated

Barker
Oh yeah? You have a nice winter solstice, too uhuh

...a bit belated
sly

Ok, happy holidays to you, but don't go telling everyone I told you that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.