Quasar Vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4d/Annihilation_Nova_3_art.jpg/220px-Annihilation_Nova_3_art.jpg

vs

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/b/d0/4bad06a43c8c5/detail.jpg

zopzop
Quasar destroys CM 10/10.

Nietzschean
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53031/1000924-captain_marvel_v1___31___17_super.jpg

zopzop
^ I consider that low showing for Thanos smile

But in all seriousness, Quasar has the light constructs and the total control over the EM Spectrum (which I believe CM's source is in) make it almost impossible for Quasar to lose.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by zopzop
^ I consider that low showing for Thanos smile

But in all seriousness, Quasar has the light constructs and the total control over the EM Spectrum (which I believe CM's source is in) make it almost impossible for Quasar to lose. arent the Nega Bands have a similar if not equal ability?

zopzop
Originally posted by Nietzschean
arent the Nega Bands have a similar if not equal ability?

Omg, hellz no smile

The Quantum Bands are leagues of power above the Nega bands.

Nietzschean
Omg, hellz no smile

The Quantum Bands are leagues of power above the Nega bands.

I recall more than once the Nega Bands stated to be attuned to all the energy of the universe and didnt Genis use them to do insane feats and kill the universe?

zopzop
I recall more than once the Nega Bands stated to be attuned to all the energy of the universe and didnt Genis use them to do insane feats and kill the universe?

I know he went insane and stuff but I don't know how much of it had to do with the power of the Nega Bands as opposed to him unlocking his true power or something. That whole story made no sense.

But going back to Captain Marvel, my memory is fuzzy but it went something like this. Since Eon didn't have possession of the Q-bands to give him, because I believe Marvel Boy had them at the time, he instead gifted CM with Cosmic Awareness to make up for it.

The Q-bands have powers the Nega Bands only dream of. The most important being the energy absorption/draining/redirecting, the Quantum Constructs, and the total control over energies in the EM Spectrum. It's really not close at all. Add to the fact that Quasar is a master at using them since he's had them for a while and CM is dead.

Nietzschean
I know he went insane and stuff but I don't know how much of it had to do with the power of the Nega Bands as opposed to him unlocking his true power or something. That whole story made no sense.

But going back to Captain Marvel, my memory is fuzzy but it went something like this. Since Eon didn't have possession of the Q-bands to give him, because I believe Marvel Boy had them at the time, he instead gifted CM with Cosmic Awareness to make up for it.

The Q-bands have powers the Nega Bands only dream of. The most important being the energy absorption/draining/redirecting, the Quantum Constructs, and the total control over energies in the EM Spectrum. It's really not close at all. Add to the fact that Quasar is a master at using them since he's had them for a while and CM is dead.

The Cosmic Awareness allowed Genis to realize how to properly use the Nega Bands.

Genis was able to use the Nega Bands to absorb and redirect energy as well as open and manipulate space.

now back to Mar Vell, he has bn able to amp up in stats to fight guys like Thor and Thanos.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qZK742rc1hc/TR-EntdFl4I/AAAAAAAAd9w/tQKYrETA-OI/s1600/captain%2Bmarvel%2B057%2B05.jpg

Mar Vell may not have used his Nega Bands as exotically as Quasar and Genis but he is a season fighter with cosmic awareness that could come in handy in a fight.

http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-team-up-captain-mar-vell-and.html

zopzop
Genis was able to do things that still don't make sense, IMHO.

Mar-vell was never really impressive. Quasar has held his own vs Masterson Thor, Silver Surfer, and 4 clones possessing Quantum Bands created by Thanos with the IG. He's gone toe to toe with a Watcher and had him down before the fight was broken up by Stranger.

The high showings for his Quantum Constructs have them withstanding the combined might of the Earth heroes during Infinity War until his dome was over powered by Thanos/Warlock/Infinity Watch. His shields have held off Galactus briefly.

I don't see Mar-vell winning even one vs Quasar based on their powersets.

Nietzschean
I dont think Mar Vell has to worry about smashing his shield but simply absorbing them and weakening them.

zopzop
I dont think Mar Vell has to worry about smashing his shield but simply absorbing them and weakening them.

I'd honestly place the Q-bands many tiers above the Nega Bands in terms of energy absorption/manipulation. In fact, I don't think there are many people that would disagree with this.

TheHulk
SHAZAM!!!

Don Corleone
Originally posted by TheHulk
SHAZAM!!!

What does that have anything to do with this thread ?

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Don Corleone
What does that have anything to do with this thread ? It was a running spoof in Captain Marvel comic with Rick Jones and Genis Vell and the writers who would make the light effect sound when they transform and the banging of the bands as ShaZam!!

Don Corleone
It was a running spoof in Captain Marvel comic with Rick Jones and Genis Vell and the writers who would make the light effect sound when they transform and the banging of the bands as ShaZam!!

Cool ! laughing out loud

Going to break out the CM collection and look it up.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Don Corleone
What does that have anything to do with this thread ? LOL *Troll* anyway Captain Marvel Wins *Serious*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.