Thanos vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maestro721
who will take this?

stan5677
Zeus

carver9
This is a complete massacre in the favor of Zeus. Zeus by far is one of the best h2h fighters I have seen in a comic and it is hellava dangerous to have a skyfather fighting at those levels.

Zeus 10/10...no blasting power needed.

Maestro721
Originally posted by carver9
This is a complete massacre in the favor of Zeus. Zeus by far is one of the best h2h fighters I have seen in a comic and it is hellava dangerous to have a skyfather fighting at those levels.

Zeus 10/10...no blasting power needed.

zeus? best H2H fighter? hercules put him on his ass, thor fought him for long time, namor and she hulk owned him, recently while losing his powers he got punked by kingpin, now i know he lost his powers but his skills were suppose to remain but he was just some drunk fool without his powers

just because he gave hulk a beating doesnt mean he is a great H2H fighter

Stoic
Zeus

JakeTheBank
Zeus.

GalacticStorm
Zeus

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Maestro721
zeus? best H2H fighter? hercules put him on his ass, thor fought him for long time, namor and she hulk owned him, recently while losing his powers he got punked by kingpin, now i know he lost his powers but his skills were suppose to remain but he was just some drunk fool without his powers

just because he gave hulk a beating doesnt mean he is a great H2H fighter You know herc comics are supposed to funny, so yes shit like that will happen but When a serious zeus is portrayed he is no joke

He beats thanos

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zeus.

Angel Watching
Zeus. I think of him as a god with Godly power. I have never thought of Thanos as a God. But just as one Powerhouse of a dude!

TheHulk
Zeus

It's funny how in a thread where Thanos surely loses Quan,Thanosi and the other Thanos fanboys don't show up

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheHulk
Zeus

It's funny how in a thread where Thanos surely loses Quan,Thanosi and the other Thanos fanboys don't show up Thanos wins, clearly.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins, clearly.

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Not according to this showing:

iceman24567
Zeus wins 10/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
laughing out loud

laughing out loud

laughing out loud

Not according to this showing: Zeus isn't Odin and that wasn't a victory and was preupgrade.

Sin I AM
Zeus isn't Odin and that wasn't a victory and was preupgrade.

u dont consider them equals?

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
u dont consider them equals?

It's true, Zeus isn't nearly as nice as Odin. He would maul Thanos, and send him to Hades in unbreakable shackles.

abhilegend
Zeus stomps thanos in dirt.thanduros

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
It's true, Zeus isn't nearly as nice as Odin. He would maul Thanos, and send him to Hades in unbreakable shackles.

AMEN BROTHA!!!

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sin I AM
u dont consider them equals? I don't consider them equal at everything and I see Thanos beating both Odin and Zeus anyway.

It's true, Zeus isn't nearly as nice as Odin. He would maul Thanos, and send him to Hades in unbreakable shackles. That was Hulk he mauled not Thanos. laughing out loud

Stoic
I don't consider them equal at everything and I see Thanos beating both Odin and Zeus anyway.

That was Hulk he mauled not Thanos. laughing out loud

Thanos would be joining the I got my ass beat by Zeus Club as well. Don't kid yourself, and Zeus would in turn give him a, I survived a Horrific Ass Beating tee shirt, that comes in two different styles.

quanchi112
Thanos would be joining the I got my ass beat by Zeus Club as well. Don't kid yourself, and Zeus would in turn give him a, I survived a Horrific Ass Beating tee shirt, that comes in two different styles. That's you speculating but one thing which did occur was Zeus not only crushing Hulk he did it hand to hand only adding insult to the humiliation. Hulk was beaten at his own game, handily.

Don Corleone
IMO: Zeus = Odin > Thanos

Don Le Bo
Zeus Stomps

Stoic
Originally posted by Don Corleone
IMO: Zeus = Odin > Thanos

Originally posted by Don Le Bo
Zeus Stomps

I agree with this 100%

Stoic
That's you speculating but one thing which did occur was Zeus not only crushing Hulk he did it hand to hand only adding insult to the humiliation. Hulk was beaten at his own game, handily.

Thanos would be on the bench right with the Hulk.

Nihilist
Go go either way.

quanchi112
Thanos would be on the bench right with the Hulk. Wrong this is just your opinion and you already admitted you want Thanos to lose thus giving up any semblance of being objective anymore.

Thanos wins. He gets the Mar-vell treatment.

carver9
Zeus chops off one or his arms and still heat Thanos 10/10.

Nihilist
Zeus chops off one or his arms and still heat Thanos 10/10. Still trolling cos youre butthurt like a kid i see.

Give any FEATS that Zeus has to say he beats Thanos so easy.

quanchi112
Zeus chops off one or his arms and still heat Thanos 10/10. Based on which times that Thanos' arms were chopped off ? Back it up, carver.

Juntai
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5453157

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5453157 Actually post a rebuttal not any more of this nonsense.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think this is as one sided as some people think. I think it's a close fight in which Thanos will win some.

Endless Mike
I don't consider them equal at everything and I see Thanos beating both Odin and Zeus anyway.

At the same time!? eek

brownqk
Zeus no question

Stoic
Originally posted by Endless Mike
At the same time!? eek

Well like Quan said, it's just an opinion. he's wrong, but still.

TheLordofMurder
Wrong this is just your opinion and you already admitted you want Thanos to lose thus giving up any semblance of being objective anymore.

OMFG!!

You dare speak of someone else not being objective!?

You who will ONLY say "Thanos wins!??????"

You who will not even comment in a thread that you think Thanos loses in??

You who isnt even mature enough to admit that your boyfriend can be beaten!? Even Nihilist and Thanosi can admit that Thanos loses, but not you...not Quanchi.

Dude, you cant speak about anyones objectiveness without reducing yourself into a hypocritical azz...

You are, hands down, the "most biased towards one character" person who posts on this forum...and thats a fact!

Happy Dance

quanchi112
At the same time!? eek My post was directed at a one on one encounter with both I don't want to derail the thread with my opinion about Thanos against them both at the same time.

OMFG!!

You who isnt even mature enough to admit that your boyfriend can be beaten!? Even Nihilist and Thanosi can admit that Thanos loses, but not you...not Quanchi.

Dude, you cant speak about anyones objectiveness without reducing yourself into a hypocritical azz...

You are, hands down, the "most biased towards one character" person who posts on this forum...and thats a fact!

Happy Dance You are so emotionally invested and create Thanos threads in order to engage me. I post in topics in which I am aware of the characters and am objective entirely. I don't go into threads where I have little to no knowledge just because your posts beg me to enter.

Merc
zeus simply hand waves thanos out of existence.

carver9
This is a non-fight. Thanos gets two paneled.

quanchi112
This is a non-fight. Thanos gets two paneled. Based on ?

ricochetx
gamora busted thanos open, zeus would rip his head off

quanchi112
Originally posted by ricochetx
gamora busted thanos open, zeus would rip his head off Thanos feigned weakness.

Nihilist
Namor was able to put up a fight against Zeus, Thanos humiliated Namor...abc logic ftw

ricochetx
Thanos feigned weakness. thanos didn't feign gamora drawing blood from him though. zeus kills him in one shot.

quanchi112
thanos didn't feign gamora drawing blood from him though. zeus kills him in one shot. Zeus didn't kill Hulk or Thor in one shot. Odin didn't even faze Thanos in one shot. Please read the comics before posting such silly claims.

Nihilist
thanos didn't feign gamora drawing blood from him though. zeus kills him in one shot. Zeus coulnt effect a weakend Zuras with his first blast, Thanos smiled at Odins first blast...you get the drift.

ricochetx
Zeus didn't kill Hulk or Thor in one shot. Odin didn't even faze Thanos in one shot. Please read the comics before posting such silly claims. hulk and thor>>>thanos

gamora drew blood from thanos in one shot, zeus will hit thanos and thanos will explode

QQ more

quanchi112
hulk and thor>>>thanos

gamora drew blood from thanos in one shot, zeus will hit thanos and thanos will explode

QQ more Airwalker has ko'd Thor. Thor has never ever bested Thanos even with the power gem. Hulk was been dominated by Thanos on panel as well. You just must say things you wish were true. Shame.

ricochetx
Airwalker has ko'd Thoro Thor has never ever bested Thanos even with the power gem. Hulk was been dominated by Thanos on panel as well. You just must say things you wish were true. Shame. airwalker>>gamora

QQ

quanchi112
airwalker>>gamora

QQ Gamora never defeated Thanos while Thanos has defeated a power gem no holds barred Thor. Food for thought, kid.

TheLordofMurder
My post was directed at a one on one encounter with both I don't want to derail the thread with my opinion about Thanos against them both at the same time.

You are so emotionally invested and create Thanos threads in order to engage me. I post in topics in which I am aware of the characters and am objective entirely. I don't go into threads where I have little to no knowledge just because your posts beg me to enter.

Bullcrap...

Everything I posted earlier pertaining to you is 100% true; objective entirely my azz...

TheLordofMurder
OMFG!!

Happy Dance

thumb up

gfor283
i cant believe this thread lasted 3 pages... zeus in a stomp 10/10

Stoic
To be fair. I can't see Zeus walking in and beating Thanos in 2 panels, I see him winning, but it would and should resemble the fight between Odin and Thanos, with the exception of Zeus being a bit less merciful, and having a larger ego than Odin. Zeus would drive home the point of his superiority.

quanchi112
To be fair. I can't see Zeus walking in and beating Thanos in 2 panels, I see him winning, but it would and should resemble the fight between Odin and Thanos, with the exception of Zeus being a bit less merciful, and having a larger ego than Odin. Zeus would drive home the point of his superiority. Odin admitted in trying to kill Thanos. You call that mercy ?

carver9
To be fair. I can't see Zeus walking in and beating Thanos in 2 panels, I see him winning, but it would and should resemble the fight between Odin and Thanos, with the exception of Zeus being a bit less merciful, and having a larger ego than Odin. Zeus would drive home the point of his superiority.

Zeus is a monster in hand 2 hand. This is the worst fight for Thanos. Thanos chances are better against Odin than Zeus imo.

iceman24567
Didn't Odin recently two shot Thor with the all father pimp hand?

quanchi112
Bullcrap...

Everything I posted earlier pertaining to you is 100% true; objective entirely my azz... I am very objective hence my arguments coming from the comics themselves.Originally posted by carver9
Zeus is a monster in hand 2 hand. This is the worst fight for Thanos. Thanos chances are better against Odin than Zeus imo. Whoever said this was hand to hand ?

Endless Mike
Of course you're objective. Your objective is to claim Thanos can beat anybody

carver9
I am very objective hence my arguments coming from the comics themselves. Whoever said this was hand to hand ?

Zeus doesnt need to blast to win this fight.

TheLordofMurder
Of course you're objective. Your objective is to claim Thanos can beat anybody

thumb up

BUSTER1
Thanos is very powerful, but Zeus is a class above. Herc's old man ftw!

quanchi112
Of course you're objective. Your objective is to claim Thanos can beat anybody Based only on his powers I from the comics.Originally posted by carver9
Zeus doesnt need to blast to win this fight. Zeus's hand to hand was less than his blasting against the HUlk since one blast ko'd him. Hulk is just an elite top tier unable to ever best Thor in hours of aggression so using this as a benchmark against Thanos is pretty much baseless.

D-Block
Zeus would win but Thanos does alot better than Hulk. Thanos has been upgraded so I wonder if he could actually harm Zeus, because Odin didn't have a scratch on him when he and Thanos fought.

TheLordofMurder
I am very objective hence my arguments coming from the comics themselves.

Bullcrap...

If I made a thread right now...Classic Thanos (non-AoD) vs Well Fed Galactus; fight to Death or KO with no BFR...you'd avoid it like the plague.

This is a case where you are familiar with both characters, but simply wont participate because Thanos cant win; you are so biased towards Thanos that you will refuse to say that Thanos loses...

You are so biased towards Thanos that you wont even admit if a foe is capable of taking 1 or 2 out of 10 against Thanos...

You are a fanboy in every sense of the word; you have zero objectivity when it comes to Thanos as a result...

So, please, go and sale that "I am objective" crap to a different forum; us here at KMC know better than to subscribe to that BS...

Happy Dance

scooper
gamora drew blood from thanos which means zeus would kill thanos with a single hit.

Silent Master
Zeus wins.

quanchi112
Bullcrap...

If I made a thread right now...Classic Thanos (non-AoD) vs Well Fed Galactus; fight to Death or KO with no BFR...you'd avoid it like the plague.

This is a case where you are familiar with both characters, but simply wont participate because Thanos cant win; you are so biased towards Thanos that you will refuse to say that Thanos loses...

You are so biased towards Thanos that you wont even admit if a foe is capable of taking 1 or 2 out of 10 against Thanos...

You are a fanboy in every sense of the word; you have zero objectivity when it comes to Thanos as a result...

So, please, go and sale that "I am objective" crap to a different forum; us here at KMC know better than to subscribe to that BS...

Happy Dance So by seeing as how you claim I avoid threads then you agree I am objective. You are stating I only argue when I believe Thanos wins which means I am being entirely objective. You turning this forum into a Thanos fest is your problem not my own.

Enzeru
I support TheLordOfMurder.

carver9
Based only on his powers I from the comics. Zeus's hand to hand was less than his blasting against the HUlk since one blast ko'd him. Hulk is just an elite top tier unable to ever best Thor in hours of aggression so using this as a benchmark against Thanos is pretty much baseless.

Zeus fist is more dangerous.

When did Thor fight WWH for hours?

A weakened Maker koed Thanos with a blast.

Morg without the WOL gave Thanos a run for his money.

Gamora drew blood from Thanos.

Thanos punches couldn't even cause Odin any harm and the rest of his power output did nothing. Thanos couldn't even cause a scratch on Odin.

I'm using your type of argument. Thanos fought Hulk and even though this was a weaker Hulk, just like you say, Hulk is Hulk. Thor fought Hulk and did well for some hours and even though this was a weaker Hulk, you tend to say, Hulk is Hulk.

Going by Thanos previous showings against skyfathers...Zeus mauls him in a couple of panels and Thanos can't even cause a scratch on his shoulder.

Zeus 10/10.

Nihilist

Thanos punches couldn't even cause Odin any harm and the rest of his power output did nothing. Thanos couldn't even cause a scratch on Odin.

I'm using your type of argument. Thanos fought Hulk and even though this was a weaker Hulk, just like you say, Hulk is Hulk. Thor fought Hulk and did well for some hours and even though this was a weaker Hulk, you tend to say, Hulk is Hulk.

Going by Thanos previous showings against skyfathers...Zeus mauls him in a couple of panels and Thanos can't even cause a scratch on his shoulder.

Zeus 10/10. STILL spounting the same old shit carver smh.

quanchi112

Zeus 10/10. Based off his fight against the Hulk his blasts were more dangerous since he one blast ko'd him. Did you read the comic ?

Thor hasn't fought the WW Hulk but the Sentry burned him out.

Maker was destroyed by him when he was prepared to fight her. That shows how powerful is since he defeated a cube being. Beating up the Hulk isn't that impressive I mean WW Hulk failed to significantly harm the Ghost rider. Mord tackled Thanos. Thanos defended himself. That isn't giving someone a run for their money.

Zeus broke the Hulk. Wolverine has stabbed the Hulk and made him bleed. So has Iron Man so has practically everyone even near top tier who fought him. laughing out loud

Thanos took on Odin for an entire comic yet wasn't defeated whereas Hulk was embarrassed by one blast. Then Zeus mauled him in Hulk's style of fight. Thanos was fine after his battle with odin where he wasn't ko'd or beaten at all. Hulk was weakened for several issues thereafter.

Thanos has overpowered the Hulk and fought his direct equal in power.

It's also amusing how you say he didn't fight WW Hulk but use showings preupgrade for AOD Thanos as your proof. Even those showings are far beyond the Hulk's highest days.

Badabing

Zeus 10/10. like

carver9
Based off his fight against the Hulk his blasts were more dangerous since he one blast ko'd him. Did you read the comic ?

Thor hasn't fought the WW Hulk but the Sentry burned him out.

Maker was destroyed by him when he was prepared to fight her. That shows how powerful is since he defeated a cube being. Beating up the Hulk isn't that impressive I mean WW Hulk failed to significantly harm the Ghost rider. Mord tackled Thanos. Thanos defended himself. That isn't giving someone a run for their money.

Zeus broke the Hulk. Wolverine has stabbed the Hulk and made him bleed. So has Iron Man so has practically everyone even near top tier who fought him. laughing out loud

Thanos took on Odin for an entire comic yet wasn't defeated whereas Hulk was embarrassed by one blast. Then Zeus mauled him in Hulk's style of fight. Thanos was fine after his battle with odin where he wasn't ko'd or beaten at all. Hulk was weakened for several issues thereafter.

Thanos has overpowered the Hulk and fought his direct equal in power.

It's also amusing how you say he didn't fight WW Hulk but use showings preupgrade for AOD Thanos as your proof. Even those showings are far beyond the Hulk's highest days.

Hulk went Super Saiyan right after facing Sentry.

Still doesn't change the fact that Maker One shotted Thanos with a nuke like attack.

Wolverine has stabbed an amped Thanos through the chest. Imagine what would have happened if Thanos didnt have the gauntlet. Ironman has fought Thanos as well and twisted that head with a punch. Spiderman has also made Thanos head do a 360 and Drax punched Thanos heart out...someone that has stalemated Professor Hulk.

Thanos was nothing to Odin...Thanos had a free punch on Odin and it didn't even make Odin flinch whereas Hulk punched Zeus and sent him flying. Thanos was nothing but a punching bag.

When did Thanos fight the same type of Hulk that fought Zeus? If Gamora can make Thanos bleed, imagine what Zeus would do to him.

Thanos does nothing but get his a** handed to him and you are so proud of that. You use Odin complimenting him on a a** whippin. You bring up Thanos fighting Tyrant when overall, he got his a** whipped. You bring up his fight against Thor with the power gem when by the end of the fight, he was getting.his a** whipped and had to retreat to get a plot device. You bring up his fight against the Maker when overall, he got koed in a single attack. You bring up his encounter with Galactus when he had to beg him to not kill him. Thanos is nothing but a purple punching bag. His only showing worth mentioning is his lucky fight against a stupid Surfer and what he did with the gauntlet...everything else involved circumstances or plot.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver is just mad that Thanos always has and would wreck the Hulk everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver is just mad that Thanos always has and would wreck the Hulk everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quan started this so let him handle it.

quanchi112
Hulk went Super Saiyan right after facing Sentry.

Still doesn't change the fact that Maker One shotted Thanos with a nuke like attack. Hulk needed an event to take place to rile him up. That's not the same as being able to rile himself up. Hu8lk's been beaten by a snake. laughing out loud That's far worse than a nuke like attack by a cc being. I mean carver if you want I will drag Hulk down to the lowest possible level of hell if you persist.
Thanos depowered himself before the fight. laughing out loud That's also a weaker Thanos than AOD. Affecting Thanos isn't beating Thanos. I wish by now you'd understand the difference. Drax was created to destroy Thanos as provided in another thread and confirmed by the same marvel editor who presided over Annihilation. Captain America has ko'd Hulk. That's a win. That's the difference and we also see Iron Man fight WW Hulk and put up a decent matchup. He did more than just barely affect the Hulk.
No, Thanos earned his respect and was never defeated. Zeus didn't respect the Hulk and mauled him in one of the most one sided beatdowns which started out with a one blast ko. Zeus mauled him at his own game. Thanos was never ko'd or drastically weakened by his encounter against Odin whereas Hulk was in shambles after his bout with Zeus. Big diff. But then again you don't know the difference between words like post or pre.
Incorrect as I just thoroughly explained. Thanos wasn't ko'd in either fight Hulk was. Tyrant said Thanos was more than these others were whereas Zeus just flat out disrespected the Hulk. Thor had a plot device so Thanos used his own tech to defeat Thor's which wasn't his own. Thanos defeated the Maker whereas Hulk upon being ko'd was thoroughly humiliated and embarrassed by Zeus in hand to hand fighting. I mean if he putters outu against WW Hulk and can be ko'd by America Zeus beating him down is no high water mark for Zeus.

Thanos manhandles Mar-vell at less than 100 percent get back to me when Hulk beats someone above elite top tier level.

Silent Master
The only reason that Thanos wasn't defeated was becasue Odin took pity on him and stopped attacking.

vince_slice
Thanos puts up a good fight but ultimately loses.

Originally posted by Silent Master
The only reason that Thanos wasn't defeated was becasue Odin took pity on him and stopped attacking.
Yeah Odin was holding back, that's why he took out his Gungnir to shoot more powerful blasts at Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silent Master
Originally posted by vince_slice

Yeah Odin was holding back, that's why he took out his Gungnir to shoot more powerful blasts at Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Feel free to prove that Gungnir amps Odin's blasts or that Odin was going "all out" in the Thanos fight.

vince_slice
Feel free to prove that Gungnir amps Odin's blasts or that Odin was going "all out" in the Thanos fight. Yup you're right. Odin's initial hand blasts were as powerful as his huge Gungnir blast. Odin only pulled out his Gungnir for show.

Silent Master
IOW, you have no proof. That's what I thought.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why pull out Gungnir if it doesn't help Odin's blast at all? Why even pull it out then... To look cool Silent? I know logic isn't your friend, but it's clear through narration Odin was upping the stakes as the fight went on. Ya know that thing we call canon narration.

Silent Master
Still waitng for the scan or quote that states Gungnir amps his power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still waiting for the reason he pulls out gungnir if it does nothing. Are you contradicting Odin's statements of upping the stakes and getting more serious as the fight went on? Do you have scans contradicting that narration?

Silent Master
Much like Mjolnir, it helps channel his power....but it has never been stated to amp it.

vince_slice
IOW, you have no proof. That's what I thought. If you want to continue suspending your common sense, be my guest.

vince_slice
Much like Mjolnir, it helps channel his power....but it has never been stated to amp it. I guess a Thor without a mjolnir is as powerful as a Thor with one according to your logic.

Silent Master
You people really need to read some Thor comics.

D-Block
The thing is Thanos was unable to harm Odin at all and I think Zeus is atleast as durable as Odin. Thanos has been upgraded since then but is it enough to cause Zeus serious harm?

I think Zeus wins

TheLordofMurder

Dude...common sense; Odin let Thanos get up after he had him down.

It took 7 panels for Thanos to rise fully; during which time Odin took no action against Thanos...

Odin definitely had mercy on Thanos...

Sure, Odin wanted to put Thanos down, thus he pulled out Gungnir, but dont delude yourself...7 panels to rise fully...Odin spared Thanos and gave him the opportunity to surrender.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Gungnir doesn't amp Odin's blasts. It serves only to channel his power, that's been established pretty firmly. And it's less effective than his Scepter at that which is a substitute for him entering his fully powered form.

Maybe Starlin is simply that ignorant though.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gungnir doesn't amp Odin's blasts. It serves only to channel his power, that's been established pretty firmly. And it's less effective than his Scepter at that which is a substitute for him entering his fully powered form.

When did I say it did? That was just a straw man Silent Master tried to pull. Try not to fall for other people's misrepresentations of my opinion before you post. The main point was that Odin used increasingly more power to try to put down Thanos as their fight continued.

Mr Master
When Thanos and Odin fought it was an even stalemate until Odin pulled out the trident,
and even then,
Odin was going all out and still Thanos withstood everything thrown at him until he finally went down momentarily,
then Thanos got back up and was ready for more.

Odin was not being merciful at all, Thanos was just that durable.

Imo, had the battled proceeded eventually Odin would've won,
but at the cost of all Asgard being destroyed and Odin using vast power.

Silent Master
When did I say it did? That was just a straw man Silent Master tried to pull. Try not to fall for other people's misrepresentations of my opinion before you post. The main point was that Odin used increasingly more power to try to put down Thanos as their fight continued.

It's good to know that you agree that Gungnir doesn't amp Odin's blasts

Originally posted by Mr Master
When Thanos and Odin fought it was an even stalemate until Odin pulled out the trident,
and even then,
Odin was going all out and still Thanos withstood everything thrown at him until he finally went down momentarily,
then Thanos got back up and was ready for more.

Odin was not being merciful at all, Thanos was just that durable.

Imo, had the battled proceeded eventually Odin would've won,
but at the cost of all Asgard being destroyed and Odin using vast power.

It was never a stalemate and at no point was Odin going all out.

Stoic
Just checked out the respect forum, and Odin may not have put Thanos down in an instant, but i did notice that Thanos' blasts had nearly no effect on Odin. I can't really see that as a stalemate.

carver9
Odin could have physically beat the hell out of Thanos since none of Thanos's attacks worked on him. His fist or his power output did nothing to Odin...not even a scratch.

Mr Master
I disagree somewhat friends. It was a stalemate until the trident came out.

Odin at the very least seemed to feel the affect of Thanos' attack a few times.

I remember when Odin first attacked Thanos, Thanos didn't even flinch either.

He just stood there unfazed.

Anyway, in order for Odin to put down Thanos was tearing Asgard apart,
so imo this tells us Odin was not holding back
and he did state that Thanos was worthy of saluting.

Just sayin.

vince_slice
Yup, that's pretty much the way I interpret the fight. Thanos held his own pretty well against Odin initially before the Gungnir was pulled out. But once Odin pulled out the trident he was clearly winning. But you still have to respect Thanos for pulling this off:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512650

And refusing to yield.

Sirius77
Zeus.

Silent Master
Thanos didn't hold his own, he was getting knocked around before Odin started using Gungnir and the fight ended with Thanos needing 7 panels just to stand back up.

Mr Master
++++++++++++

This is the Thanos Odin fight from beginning to end:

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282413_1.jpg

Odin one shots Drax:

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282415_2.jpg

Odin attacks Thanos with a direct blast ... Thanos is unfazed:

Surfer dodges the blast ... Thanos & Surfer blast Odin together ... Odin is unfazed.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282416_3.jpg

Odin blast Thanos again, this time Thanos feels it, but stays standing in place:

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282417_4.jpg

Now Surfer (without Thanos) attacks Odin,
seems like he feels it a bit, it angers him, so he k.o. Surfer with one blast:

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282418_5.jpg

Thanos now right hooks Odin in the head with energy, he feels it but stands in place ...

Odin back slaps Thanos with energy ... he feels it more and is push back by it:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282422_6.jpg

Thanos attacks Odin again, Odin feels it ... stays standing in place but is obviously fazed:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282423_7.jpg

Odin now attacks Thanos by tossing a bunch of boulders at Thanos which he deflects unharmed:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282425_9.jpg

Now Thanos puts Odin in a Force Block which Odin breaks out of:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282426_10.jpg

+++++++++

That's it, the last panel is Odin materializing the Trident.
If yall truly look at those scans,
I don't see any deciding edge on any side up to this point.

... meh, perhaps a minute edge to Odin, but definitely no certainties.

+++++++++

Mr Master
+++++++++

Well like I said, the Trident comes out and Odin gets the upper hand:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282427_11.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282428_12.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282429_13.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282430_14.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10282431_15.jpghttp://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282432_16.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282433_17.jpg

Silent Master

Mr Master
no expression

I never said Odin needs anything for any reason of any kind friend.

I only know that in this fight,
it seemed evenly matched until the Trident came out.

I believe that's a fact.

btw. Thanos didn't need 7 panels to get back up, I believe it was 4,
which indicates he was hurting but obviously not down for the count.

Silent Master
If it was evenly matched, where are the panels of Thanos' attacks having the same effect on Odin as Odin's attacks had on him?

Mr Master

If it was evenly matched, where are the panels of Thanos' attacks
having the same effect on Odin as Odin's attacks had on him?

That's it, the last panel is Odin materializing the Trident.
If yall truly look at those scans,
I don't see any deciding edge on any side up to this point.

... meh, perhaps a minute edge to Odin, but definitely no certainties.

+++++++++

Silent Master
Odin's attacks had a noticable affect, Thanos' attacks didn't.

How exactly does that only rate "perhaps a minute edge to Odin, but definitely no certainties"?

JakeTheBank
Odin dominated the entire fight. Thanos' freakish durability was the only thing that kept him from becoming a purple stain to the All-Father.

Silent Master
I like how Thanos fans can post a one-sided fight and then claim it was a stalemate or that Thanos was holding his own.

vince_slice
I like how Thanos fans can post a one-sided fight and then claim it was a stalemate or that Thanos was holding his own.

I like how most of your posts are straw mans and misrepresentations of other people's posts.

Silent Master
I like how most of your posts are straw mans and misrepresentations of other people's posts.

You're one of the people who claimed Thanos held his own during part of the fight...a claim which isn't supported by the posted scans.

vince_slice
You're one of the people who claimed Thanos held his own during part of the fight...a claim which isn't supported by the posted scans.
IMO Thanos held his own against Odin decently until Odin pulled out the Gungnir. Once Odin pulled out the trident, the fight went downhill for Thanos. Apparently that's too unreasonable for you.

Silent Master

How exactly does that only rate "held his own against Odin decently"?

vince_slice

How exactly does that only rate "held his own against Odin decently"?

Not really. Odin's initial attacks affected Thanos more, but Thanos attacks were still felt by Odin. Both were going back and forth with Odin having the edge. For someone who's below Skyfather, Thanos did extremely well initially before Gungnir was pulled out.

Silent Master
Show me these scans of Odin "feeling" Thanos' attacks?

vince_slice
Show me these scans of Odin "feeling" Thanos' attacks? Refer back to the post by Mr Master.

zopzop
Show me these scans of Odin "feeling" Thanos' attacks?

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos4.jpg

Silent Master
Ok, I looked. the scans you're talking about don't exist.

zopzop
Ok, I looked. the scans you're talking about don't exist.
Originally posted by zopzop
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos4.jpg

Mr Master
+++++++++++++++

Ok, let's break this down meticulously cause I believe it's being warped around.

+++++++++++++++

Thanos and Odin hit each other directly 3 times.

We'll place them side by side and see if there's this
'Odin dominated the fight' or 'Odin beat Thanos down' rumors ...

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283220_T1.jpghttp://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283223_T4.jpg

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283221_T2.jpghttp://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283224_T5.jpg

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283222_T3.jpghttp://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283225_T6.jpg

+++++++++++++++

That's it.
Now, after all that, let's look at both fighters' condition (at-least visually)
and see where their confidence lies so far in the battle,
cause I think that says a lot imo.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10283226_T7.jpg

It seems like both Odin and Thanos are equally confident in themselves as would be victor ...

... but then the Trident comes out. sad

Silent Master
Originally posted by zopzop

I didn't ask for scans of him blocking an attack. although he is bent over a little so I guess that could be argued as him "feeling it".

vince_slice

That's a good analyses, putting the scans side by side to compare. Based on this I think it's pretty clear Thanos held his own pretty well against Odin initially before he pulled out his trident. It must've taken a lot of patience to put that together, but I feel your efforts may be in vain, because it's likely Silent Master will completely ignore your points.

The Transporter
Originally posted by Maestro721
who will take this?

Zeus puts Thanos in his pocket.

Silent Master
That's a good analyses, putting the scans side by side to compare. Based on this I think it's pretty clear Thanos held his own pretty well against Odin initially before he pulled out his trident. It must've taken a lot of patience to put that together, but I feel your efforts may be in vain, because it's likely Silent Master will completely ignore your points.

No, putting them side by side shows that Odin attacks had far more effect than Thanos' attacks.

vince_slice
No, putting them side by side shows that Odin attacks had far more effect than Thanos' attacks.

"Far" more? Not really.

Silent Master
"Far" more? Not really.

Yes, really.

Sirius77
As I understood it, gungrir doesn't amp Odin, but rather allows him to channel his energy more efficiently. Also, thanos was on his knees smoking, and trembling with shaky dialogue by the end of the fight iirc.

I'm not trying to say he didn't do well, because he did. Odin's first blast at thanos was probably intended for a herald leveler imo, and hit thanos with no effect, but apparently oneshotted drax and surfer. I think that this scene was meant to show thanos' superiority to high heralds/ top-tiers, not an equal footing with Odin. With this said, I think that it was an amazing showing for thanos, as he not only survived, but was almost able to stand by the end of the fight. He has freakish durability, but had the fight continued, I couldn't really see him walking away as he did when odin decided to stop. I admire thanos' perseverance, but I don't see the outcome being any different with Zeus imo.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Sirius77
As I understood it, gungrir doesn't amp Odin, but rather allows him to channel his energy more efficiently. Also, thanos was on his knees smoking, and trembling with shaky dialogue by the end of the fight iirc.

I'm not trying to say he didn't do well, because he did. Odin's first blast at thanos was probably intended for a herald leveler imo, and hit thanos with no effect, but apparently oneshotted drax and surfer. I think that this scene was meant to show thanos' superiority to high heralds/ top-tiers, not an equal footing with Odin. With this said, I think that it was an amazing showing for thanos, as he not only survived, but was almost able to stand by the end of the fight. He has freakish durability, but had the fight continued, I couldn't really see him walking away as he did when odin decided to stop. I admire thanos' perseverance, but I don't see the outcome being any different with Zeus imo.

I think Thanos has the durability to hang with skyfathers in a prolonged fight, like he did with Odin. But he lacks the offensive power to hurt them before they seriously hurt him. Against Zeus his durability will keep him in the fight for a while, but Zeus will KO him before he can do enough damage to Zeus eventually. It's by no means a stomp in Zeus' favour though.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Sirius77

Agreed. But I reckon Zeus is less merciful. Rather than offer Thanos the chance to yield, the big Z won't stop until the Titan is KTFO.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

U wouldnt say it makes his blasts more potent? You can call it channeling or whatever u like... But it serves a purpose, and that purpose could only be... its harder on the enemy or else why bring it out at all if it does nothing and feels the same to the enemy? Furthermore, not that Odin was going all out... but would u say he was raising the stakes progressively as the fight went on?

carver9
Zeus is relentless. He will literally beat the hell out of Thanos. By looking at his fight against Odin, Thanos doesn't have the strength required to hurt a skyfather.

By the way, what year did that fight come out?

carver9
Oh...almost forgot. The first blast Odin used against Thanos, it appears as if Thanos blocked it with his shields.

KuRuPT Thanosi
no shield was shown nor was it ever metioned at all as being up or being broken.

Silent Master
no shield was shown nor was it ever metioned at all as being up or being broken.

Like it was never mentioned that Odin was going all out or that Gungnir amps Odin's blasts?

iceman24567
"Far" more? Not really. Yes really Thanos was rocked and stunned by Odins attacks even before he brought his weapon out the damage difference is actually substantial

Mr Master
Originally posted by iceman24567

Yes really Thanos was rocked and stunned by Odins attacks even
before he brought his weapon out the damage difference is actually
substantial
I may have to disagree with this friend.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10289769_hm.jpg

*edit*

I should throw this one in too,
since it's also after Odin hit Thanos the 3 times:

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10289852_hm2.jpg

Imo, in both scans Thanos looks ok, and confident he can win.

btw. I'm not saying Thanos would win either way,
I'm just scrutinizing this particular part of this battle, without the Trident.

iceman24567

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10289769_hm.jpg Thats fine and dandy but the scans speak for themselves

Silent Master
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thats fine and dandy but the scans speak for themselves

Thanos fans feel that their opinions trump what the comics actually show.

iceman24567

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/10289769_hm.jpg

*edit*

I should throw this one in too,
since it's also after Odin hit Thanos the 3 times:

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10289852_hm2.jpg

Imo, in both scans Thanos looks ok, and confident he can win.

btw. I'm not saying Thanos would win either way,
I'm just scrutinizing this particular part of this battle, without the Trident. That means very little when you look at what happened in their battle.

Mr Master
^^^ But that's the result of Thanos being hit by Odin 3 times before the Trident,
so what other part of the battle is missing?

Thanos fans feel that their opinions trump what the comics actually show.
smile

I like Thanos but I'm not a particular fan of his.

My favorite characters are actually Reed and Captain Marvel,
and I used like Doc Samson fighting the Hulk when I was teenager. :lol

That aside, my preferred genre is Comics, and has been for many years now.

Anywho, I'm just weighing here on something that imo is valid.

We're like referees here and just like in life they score the fight differently,
I guess we're doing the same.

Silent Master
Yea....You're giving Thanos far to many points for being unable to really effect Odin and not giving Odin enough points for his effect on Thanos.

iceman24567
Yea....You're giving Thanos far to many points for being unable to really effect Odin and not giving Odin enough points for his effect on Thanos. This Odin caused Thanos to stagger then later on slapped him away with a backhand compared to Thanos and his bugbite like attacks it's obvious at least to me that the difference in damage is a substantial one. If the fight were to go on a half a dozen of those backhands would have built up on Thanos while the bugbites attacks would have little to no affect on Odin

Kid Kurdy
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/10283220/T1.jpg.html

Looks like a shield to me.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That is simply artistic depiction of a blast hiting Thanos from behind. No shield was ever mentioned being present and NO shield was ever mentioned being broken. Considering Thanos clear history of Thanos calling on his shield and it ACTUALLY BEING CLEARLY SHOWN.. Or sometimes it's NOT shown at all (invisible) but it's mentioned and SAID to being broken or getting close to breaking (Omega, Galactus, Champion just to name 3) None of those things happened here, so no, that wasn't a shield.

vince_slice
Apparently if you give Thanos any credit in his fight with Odin you're automatically labeled his fanboy. How retarded.

Sirius77
I think Thanos has the durability to hang with skyfathers in a prolonged fight, like he did with Odin. But he lacks the offensive power to hurt them before they seriously hurt him. Against Zeus his durability will keep him in the fight for a while, but Zeus will KO him before he can do enough damage to Zeus eventually. It's by no means a stomp in Zeus' favour though.

Well his durability is definitely up there. He's known for that, and I agree that it won't be a stomp in the beginning, but in the end it will get really nasty. I agree though, I don't see him actually damaging a skyfather like Odin or Zeus. It would certainly be interesting to see.

Silent Master
Apparently if you give Thanos any credit in his fight with Odin you're automatically labeled his fanboy. How retarded.

No, you get labeled a fanboy when you try and claim that Thanos held his own or that the fight was a stalemate...seeing as neither is true.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>