Ares (DC) VS Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Le Bo
Ares from DC universe vs Thanos who wins

SquallX
Ares.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by SquallX
Ares.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Based on ?

Enzeru
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Based on the God Wave -____-

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enzeru
Based on the God Wave -____- Name specific showings in which you believe he could kill Thanos with. I've seen far more powerful characters with the godwave defeated than Ares who WW herself killed.

iceman24567
Ares wins

SquallX
Name specific showings in which you believe he could kill Thanos with. I've seen far more powerful characters with the godwave defeated than Ares who WW herself killed.

He allowed himself to be killed.

Q99
Ares did kill Highfather with the godwave.

quanchi112
He allowed himself to be killed. He won't have a choice in the matter here when the avatar of death comes a calling.

SquallX
He won't have a choice in the matter here when the avatar of death comes a calling.

Shut up with that Avatar of Death crap. That power was only useful in the damn Cancer verse, no where else.

quanchi112
Shut up with that Avatar of Death crap. That power was only useful in the damn Cancer verse, no where else. He was immune to death everywhere. His power was avatar of death and it worked in any reality. If WW can kill him Thanos definitely waxes him.

SquallX
He was immune to death everywhere. His power was avatar of death and it worked in any reality. If WW can kill him Thanos definitely waxes him.

Once more, Ares allowed himself to be killed so the next phase of his plans to begin.

quanchi112
Once more, Ares allowed himself to be killed so the next phase of his plans to begin. So someone with WW level of power can do so which proves Thanos can definitely do so.

iceman24567
Ares one shots Thanos

pee on badabing
Ares pissing on thanos a lot of piss

Q99
Not only did Ares let himself die, but he was reduced before that happened. He wasn't at full shape.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Ares one shots Thanos Based on ?

Cogito
So someone with WW level of power can do so which proves Thanos can definitely do so.

Drax killed Thanos. So someone with Drax level of power can do so which proves Ares can definitely do so.

Eat Alot
i love the fact quanchi ignores the fact Ares wanted to be killed and was depowered smile , however thanos getting killed by drax didnt want to die and wasnt depowered smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eat Alot
i love the fact quanchi ignores the fact Ares wanted to be killed and was depowered smile , however thanos getting killed by drax didnt want to die and wasnt depowered smile Provide proof. I have seen claims not proof.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
Drax killed Thanos. So someone with Drax level of power can do so which proves Ares can definitely do so. Drax was created to kill Thanos so the same logic doesn't apply in that scenario. WW was powerful enough to do so she wasn't created as his silver bullet. Context is a wonderful thing.

Enzeru
Drax was created to kill Thanos so the same logic doesn't apply in that scenario. WW was powerful enough to do so she wasn't created as his silver bullet. Context is a wonderful thing.

Drax is not Thanos' kryptonite. Once again you're lying to overhype your favorite character and downgrade others, you smurf.

Merc
ares wins this quite easily, thanos is really a pathetic character

quanchi112
Drax is not Thanos' kryptonite. Once again you're lying to overhype your favorite character and downgrade others, you smurf. How about if I back this claim you admit I'm better than you. If I back the claim he's his silver bullet specifically created to kill Thanos written into his dna. Sound good ?

Enzeru
How about if I back this claim you admit I'm better than you. If I back the claim he's his silver bullet specifically created to kill Thanos written into his dna. Sound good ?

No, no and no, failbot.

Drax does not have an aura which harms Thanos when he looks at him. Drax defeated Thanos by simply doing it. Drax amped himself also on other occasions, which didn't have to do anything with Thanos.

Everything Drax ever did was being able to sense the presence of Thanos and track him. That's at least what I know. I don't doubt that you know more about Thanos then I do, but I know enough and in the end, I also don't doubt that you're a stupid fanboy, who doesn't know how to argue and simply wants his character to win fights, without backing it up.

gfor283
quanchi has a very dumb logic, doomsday is also living to destroy superman so should we cancel the fact doomsday defeated superman because of his abilities? drax is meant to kill thanos but he is not a weakness of thanos there is a difference between those 2

quan i want you to prove that thanos is weaker when fighting drax and if you cant prove that it means you talk out of your a$$ without any context

quanchi112
No, no and no, failbot.

Drax does not have an aura which harms Thanos when he looks at him. Drax defeated Thanos by simply doing it. Drax amped himself also on other occasions, which didn't have to do anything with Thanos.

Everything Drax ever did was being able to sense the presence of Thanos and track him. That's at least what I know. I don't doubt that you know more about Thanos then I do, but I know enough and in the end, I also don't doubt that you're a stupid fanboy, who doesn't know how to argue and simply wants his character to win fights, without backing it up. I am correct and my claim is literally backed up on panel.

Drax is created and this latest incarnation changed to achieve his destruction. While overall less powerful his powers are more specifically attuned with Thanos' death. If a silver bullet kills a werewolf it's a specific material not something generally more powerful than say other gunfire. laughing out loud

Here's the scan but pay particular attention at this.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ann_04_022.jpg
I 'm the silver bullet to his werewolf. The killing stroke is encoded into my genetic structure.

Now if you can't decipher the meaning of those words you shouldn't be here. Onepost defeated yet again. Hooray Me.

gfor283
I am correct and my claim is literally backed up on panel.

Drax is created and this latest incarnation changed to achieve his destruction. While overall less powerful his powers are more specifically attuned with Thanos' death. If a silver bullet kills a werewolf it's a specific material not something generally more powerful than say other gunfire. laughing out loud

Here's the scan but pay particular attention at this.

I 'm the silver bullet to his werewolf. The killing stroke is encoded into my genetic structure.

Now if you can't decipher the meaning of those words you shouldn't be here. Onepost defeated yet again. Hooray Me.

whats basically stated here is the fact he is capable of defeating thanos, was it stated that thanos had a weakness to drax? was it stated drax is effecting him in away no one else would? was it stated no one else could kill thanos but drax? whats stated on panel is the fact he believes he can destroy thanos , he refferes to himself as a silver bullet to a werewolf in order to portray a situation where something is meant to destroy the other, he is basically saying he is meant to destroy thanos but there is nothing special in it, its not like you got to have some kind of special powers like kryptonite to superman just to defeat thanos you know... he is simply stating he was born for killing him thats all

Juntai
Actually, the troll is right. He's merely saying it's his destiny, the purpose he was created for. It suggests nothing of special abilities only relative to himself. That's only misinterpretation and extrapolation.

SquallX
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, the troll is right. He's merely saying it's his destiny, the purpose he was created for. It suggests nothing of special abilities only relative to himself. That's only misinterpretation and extrapolation.

I like the fact that you backed up Quanchi, yet at the same time insulted him. ****ing brilliant. cool

iceman24567
I like the fact that you backed up Quanchi, yet at the same time insulted him. ****ing brilliant. cool Thats Juntai for you thumb up. Ares wins

Enzeru

Seriously, I'm sick of this entire board and you're basically the main reason for it. You and your stupidity.
I'm going to leave the board in few days, because I snap out and when something like that happens, the mods usually ban me.

But even without me here, you will keep failing and everyone will see it, since you're basically that bad.
How about you read your own scan? Let me quote Drax for you, since you're basically not able to see it by yourself:

I'm the destroyer. I have but one purpose.

I'm the silver bullet to his werewolf. The killing stroke is encoded into my genetic structure.

It's about time I put it to use, if only for my peace of mind.

And now Quanchi, think goooooooooooooooood about the entire statement.
At first he states that he can track Thanos presence all over the hyperspace. Then he says, that he has only one purpose. He exists to acomplish only one thing. To kill Thanos, since that's his purpose. It's his purpose to kill the purple guy, just like Silver Bullets are created to defeat werewolves.
He says that the killing stroke is encoded into his genetic structure. It means that he has the urge to kill Thanos. It's everything he wants.

You're basically taking it to a whole another fanboy-level and taking it far too literally, just to make Thanos look good and let him have only one, inofficial weakness: Drax.

Well, in the end that's simply not true.
Drax has the implied mission to kill Thanos and he wants to get done with that mission, even if it's only for him to stop thinkin about it. To free his mind.

KuRuPT Thanosi
At no point does it say it gives him the URGE to kill Thanos.. It states VERY CLEARLY... THE KILLING STROKE is ENCODED IN HIS DNA. I didn't think basic english was this hard for you. The killing stroke isn't mutually inclusive with The Killing Urge is it? To go further, The Editor and Chief of Marvel in an interview states... The Green Aura Drax exhibited (which was new since his rebirth and came after said statement in question) was a new power drax has that turned off Thanos natural eternal powers of molecular control. He further states that Drax keeps on being reborn until he gains the right stuff to get the job done. That GREEN AURA WE SEE was the right stuff according to the EnC of the coimc book in question. Notice of when Drax startes doing the green aura thing ONLY when he comes in contact with THanos... then notice how he is able to pierce Thanos's shields with ease (something not ever done before).. then notice how he is able to punch THROUGH Thanos with ease and Thanos can't use his molecular control to counter... All these things confirm the on panel narration and the opinion of the EnC of the coimc book in question. All canon material and opinions far greater than yours.

quanchi112
Seriously, I'm sick of this entire board and you're basically the main reason for it. You and your stupidity.
I'm going to leave the board in few days, because I snap out and when something like that happens, the mods usually ban me.

But even without me here, you will keep failing and everyone will see it, since you're basically that bad.
How about you read your own scan? Let me quote Drax for you, since you're basically not able to see it by yourself:

I'm the destroyer. I have but one purpose.

I'm the silver bullet to his werewolf. The killing stroke is encoded into my genetic structure.

It's about time I put it to use, if only for my peace of mind.

And now Quanchi, think goooooooooooooooood about the entire statement.
At first he states that he can track Thanos presence all over the hyperspace. Then he says, that he has only one purpose. He exists to acomplish only one thing. To kill Thanos, since that's his purpose. It's his purpose to kill the purple guy, just like Silver Bullets are created to defeat werewolves.
He says that the killing stroke is encoded into his genetic structure. It means that he has the urge to kill Thanos. It's everything he wants.

You're basically taking it to a whole another fanboy-level and taking it far too literally, just to make Thanos look good and let him have only one, inofficial weakness: Drax.

Well, in the end that's simply not true.
Drax has the implied mission to kill Thanos and he wants to get done with that mission, even if it's only for him to stop thinkin about it. To free his mind. I've read in a thread with Andy Schmidt at the time of this event that Drax negates Thanos' powers. The scan makes it clear with Silver Bullet to his Werewolf.

Saying he has the genetic killing stroke in his dna is actually spelling it out. He can do what no one else can. Things/forces/whatever can be more powerful than silver bullets but silver bullets are werewolf's weakness just as he had become his weakness.

I backed my claim with exactly what I stated. You can run but you can't hide.

At least you admit you've been banned before and have returned through another account.

quanchi112
I like the fact that you backed up Quanchi, yet at the same time insulted him. ****ing brilliant. cool So you misinterpreted juntai's post which is incorrect.

Enzeru
At least you admit you've been banned before and have returned through another account.

I never mentioned KMC :-7

Damn, the Thanos wanking on this board is ridiculous. It's far worse than the Superman wanking on Comicvine.

quanchi112
I never mentioned KMC :-7

Damn, the Thanos wanking on this board is ridiculous. It's far worse than the Superman wanking on Comicvine. Quit your whining about this or any other board be a man and deal with it.

It isn't wanking it's called objectivity. I just laid down the gauntlet in the other thread. I waited until you were ripe with doubt and indecision before I unleashed doom. If you want to make long drawn out posts I will meet every single one of yours in the same manner.

I stated what was in a comic stated word for word and yet you called me a liar. Continue to learn from me.

Enzeru
It isn't wanking it's called objectivity. I just laid down the gauntlet in the other thread. I waited until you were ripe with doubt and indecision before I unleashed doom.

You moron believe that Thanos can take on skyfathers, or even more powerful people like for example a full powered Tyrant.
You're too stupid to recognize when the people simply open threads to make fun of you.

You're unleashing bullshit, nothing else.

I stated what was in a comic stated word for word and yet you called me a liar. Continue to learn from me.

I don't have the intention to learn from someone who is the official joke-figure of an entire board.

quanchi112
Drax is not Thanos' kryptonite. Once again you're lying to overhype your favorite character and downgrade others, you smurf.

How about if I back this claim you admit I'm better than you. If I back the claim he's his silver bullet specifically created to kill Thanos written into his dna. Sound good ? Originally posted by Enzeru
You moron believe that Thanos can take on skyfathers, or even more powerful people like for example a full powered Tyrant.
You're too stupid to recognize when the people simply open threads to make fun of you.

You're unleashing bullshit, nothing else.

I don't have the intention to learn from someone who is the official joke-figure of an entire board. I backed my claim I don't see a reason for you to ramble on my opinion regarding other matters making this quite clear you have a personal vendetta. We have a difference of opinion try and out debate me don't just insult me it makes you look petty and immature.

I said he was the silver bullet to his werewolf. Stated in the comic word for word. I was right you were wrong. Get over it. smile

Enzeru
I said he was the silver bullet to his werewolf. Stated in the comic word for word. I was right you were wrong. Get over it. smile

And Sentry has the power of one million exploding suns. And he is also the most powerful hero in the universe. He is nigh-omnipotent, all-powerful and God.

Everything was stated in the comics. He is the Kryptonite to the Marvel universe. I'm right, you're stupid. Get over it.

Do you know what hyperbole is? Piss off with your silver bullet crap. Drax said a lot more, which tells us that he has one purpose. To kill Thanos. It never tells us, that he has some special Thanos-annihilating powers.

Gecko4lif
And Sentry has the power of one million exploding suns. And he is also the most powerful hero in the universe. He is nigh-omnipotent, all-powerful and God.

Everything was stated in the comics. He is the Kryptonite to the Marvel universe. I'm right, you're stupid. Get over it.

Do you know what hyperbole is? Piss off with your silver bullet crap. Drax said a lot more, which tells us that he has one purpose. To kill Thanos. It never tells us, that he has some special Thanos-annihilating powers.
Didnt sentry get face rolled by genis

quanchi112

Do you know what hyperbole is? Piss off with your silver bullet crap. Drax said a lot more, which tells us that he has one purpose. To kill Thanos. It never tells us, that he has some special Thanos-annihilating powers. This wasn't hyperbole and Andy Schmidt confirmed it in a questions and answers thread regarding annihilation on cbr.

It stated he has the killing strike encoded in his dna. Silver bullet means he's special you ignoramus. You don't comprehend simple sentences which is why you struggle with debating in the manner in which you do.

I backed my claim you never do. smile

Enzeru
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Didnt sentry get face rolled by genis

No?

This wasn't hyperbole and Andy Schmidt confirmed it in a questions and answers thread regarding annihilation on cbr.

It stated he has the killing strike encoded in his dna. Silver bullet means he's special you ignoramus. You don't comprehend simple sentences which is why you struggle with debating in the manner in which you do.

I backed my claim you never do. smile

Seriously, you're so stupid it hurts my eyes, but by now, I'm actually fine with that. Believe what you want, I don't really care.

Fact is, that Drax also said that he has only one purpose. To kill Thanos. That's what dwells in his genetic code.
A silver bullet is there to kill a werewolf. There is no other purpose for a silver bullet. Maybe also being decoration.

Drax had the power to kill Thanos, that's all. NOTHING HAS OVER SHOWN HIM HAVING SPECIAL ADVANTAGES OVER THANOS. He was simply a more powerful being at the beginning and beat the crap out of Thanos.
His only advantage was that he was able to sense Thanos' presence all over the universe so that Thanos couldn't hide away. That's it.

quanchi112
No?

Seriously, you're so stupid it hurts my eyes, but by now, I'm actually fine with that. Believe what you want, I don't really care.

Fact is, that Drax also said that he has only one purpose. To kill Thanos. That's what dwells in his genetic code.
A silver bullet is there to kill a werewolf. There is no other purpose for a silver bullet. Maybe also being decoration.

Drax had the power to kill Thanos, that's all. NOTHING HAS OVER SHOWN HIM HAVING SPECIAL ADVANTAGES OVER THANOS. He was simply a more powerful being at the beginning and beat the crap out of Thanos.
His only advantage was that he was able to sense Thanos' presence all over the universe so that Thanos couldn't hide away. That's it. Andy Schmidt flat out confirmed it. You just don't comprehend what you read which is consistent with your arguments. Live in your own world where words lose their meaning.

Drax's only purpose is his destruction and he is the silver bullet meaning regular bullets won't phase Thanos the way he can. But you won't ever get it. Shame. smile

Enzeru
Drax's only purpose is his destruction and he is the silver bullet meaning regular bullets won't phase Thanos the way he can. But you won't ever get it. Shame. smile

I'm pretty damn sure you can kill a werewolf by ripping his head off, basically something Ares would do to Thanos. Tyrant would do it to Thanos, the entire Gauntlet in the other thread would do it to Thanos and so on.

/thread
/your miserable life

It's so ****ing silly, that this board has so many spite-threads against Thanos and that these threads have also more then 5 pages, where Thanos-wankers like you actually try to defend the big, purple egghead and totally ignore the vast power difference of him and his opponents, which clearly favours them.

And now, shut up. Everyone here hates you. Damn, even the mods hate you, since basically no one is setting up rules to behave better, because most of the people here don't take you seriously at all and insult you and only you. Don't you get that?

Juntai

A silver bullet is there to kill a werewolf. There is no other purpose for a silver bullet. thumb up

Prep-Man
thumb up

thumb up

quanchi112
I'm pretty damn sure you can kill a werewolf by ripping his head off, basically something Ares would do to Thanos. Tyrant would do it to Thanos, the entire Gauntlet in the other thread would do it to Thanos and so on.

/thread
/your miserable life

It's so ****ing silly, that this board has so many spite-threads against Thanos and that these threads have also more then 5 pages, where Thanos-wankers like you actually try to defend the big, purple egghead and totally ignore the vast power difference of him and his opponents, which clearly favours them.

And now, shut up. Everyone here hates you. Damn, even the mods hate you, since basically no one is setting up rules to behave better, because most of the people here don't take you seriously at all and insult you and only you. Don't you get that? The point isn't only what can kill a werewolf the point is comparing a silver bullet to a regular bullet. A silver bullet can kill a werewolf with one shot but aregular bullet pretty much doesn't ever kill a werewolf. Have you ever watched a film ? Superman can also be killed outside k-nite weakness so again my point stands. Drax negated his powers and has the killing stroke encoded in his dna.

Quit going off on tangents in which you whine and complain.

All I know is I am inside your head which is ridiculous since this is a comic book versus forum. Just relax and actually listen when you're wrong and learn from it. smile

Philosophía
Quan is having an epic meltdown here. Using maximum size for words and all.

Hang in there, greasy. It's been almost 5 years and you still haven't convinced anyone of anything but don't give up just yet.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Juntai
thumb up thumb down

quanchi112

abhilegend

quanchi112
Drax killed Thanos. So someone with Drax level of power can do so which proves Ares can definitely do so. Drax has the killing stroke encoded in his dna. He is the silver bullet to his werewolf. All stated on panel. The editor at the time even admitted he negated Thanos powers. Also it happened pre upgrade so it isn't relevant. laughing out loud

scooper
thanos is very weak, gamora busted him open and drew blood which means ares will kill thanos in one hit.

Enzeru
Drax has the killing stroke encoded in his dna. He is the silver bullet to his werewolf. All stated on panel.

And Batman is there to strike the fear into the hearts of his enemies. Does that mean that he now has special scarecrow-powers?
No, since it's only his mission. It's his mission to make the thugs afraid. It's his mission to clean Gotham City and he does not have any uber-advantage over his enemies, besides his will and skill; attributes he trained.

That's Batman's only purpose. To clean Gotham City, just the way Drax' only purpose is to kill Thanos. Drax also said that he would finally find peace if he would managed to kill him and Batman would also finally find peace if he would get rid of the crime, yet Batman has a never ending mission.

I don't know if you're really that dumb and actually don't understand the concept, or if you understand it perfectly but still try to hold tight to that ridiculous opinion of yours.

quanchi112
And Batman is there to strike the fear into the hearts of his enemies. Does that mean that he now has special scarecrow-powers?
No, since it's only his mission. It's his mission to make the thugs afraid. It's his mission to clean Gotham City and he does not have any uber-advantage over his enemies, besides his will and skill; attributes he trained.

That's Batman's only purpose. To clean Gotham City, just the way Drax' only purpose is to kill Thanos. Drax also said that he would finally find peace if he would managed to kill him and Batman would also finally find peace if he would get rid of the crime, yet Batman has a never ending mission.

I don't know if you're really that dumb and actually don't understand the concept, or if you understand it perfectly but still try to hold tight to that ridiculous opinion of yours. There's a difference between a general description and someone who is the silver bullet and programmed with the killing strike encoded in his dna. This guy was created to destroy Thanos it's his purpose. Batman wasn't created to destroy the Scarecrow. If you can't tell the difference you shouldn't be allowed to read comics on your own.

Batman is a hero who wants his city safe he wasn't created to specifically destroy certain villains he's just skilled and powerful enough through his own means to do so. Drax was created with one specific purpose to destroy Thanos. The editor also confirmed he negates Thanos' powers in that arc anyway.
I already told you the editor confirmed it. You simply don't know enough about the characters to appropriately debate for or against them.

Enzeru
There's a difference between a general description and someone who is the silver bullet and programmed with the killing strike encoded in his dna.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BULLET, IT'S ABOUT THE GOD DAMN PURPOSE! A SILVER BULLET DOES NOT HAVE A DIFFERENT PURPOSE BUT TO BE USED AGAINST A WEREWOLF TO KILL HIM!
A CUCUMBER DOES NOT HAVE A DIFFERENT PURPOSE BUT TO BE EATEN (go figure)...

The killing strike is encoded within Drax so that he now has the urge to kill Thanos. When that is done, he has finally found peace. Drax never said and comics never stated that he was superior to Thanos, because he had some special advantages.

Metallo has an advantage over Superman, every time he runs on Kryptonite. Drax simply biatch-smacked Thanos.

Cogito

A cucumber contains seeds....mhmm

Enzeru
A cucumber contains seeds....mhmm

Not only a cucumber, if you know what I mean.

KuRuPT Thanosi
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BULLET, IT'S ABOUT THE GOD DAMN PURPOSE! A SILVER BULLET DOES NOT HAVE A DIFFERENT PURPOSE BUT TO BE USED AGAINST A WEREWOLF TO KILL HIM!

The killing strike is encoded within Drax so that he now has the urge to kill Thanos. When that is done, he has finally found peace. Drax never said and comics never stated that he was superior to Thanos, because he had some special advantages.

Metallo has an advantage over Superman, every time he runs on Kryptonite. Drax simply biatch-smacked Thanos.

Are you honestly this stupid and desperate that you have to reach this bad? Let me ask you this... can the silverbullet statement be used as an analogy to describe a situation where something or somebody has a specific weakness towards ____? Very simple question that I would like to see how honest you'll be.

My next question is... Do you think your opinion carries more weight than the Editor and CHief of Marvel and that coimc book? If so, why do you think your oponion carries more weight. The reason I ask is because Andy Schmidt flat out said that the green aura Drax exhibited in A.W. was a new ability he got and it turned off Thanos natural eternal powers of Molecular control. He then went out to explain WHY he no exhibited this green aura.. That drax is constantly reborn with new powers and abilities and through trial and error will give him the ability to deal the death blow to Thanos. So, explain why your opinion of the narration and artistic deptiction matters more and is so differnt than the heads of marvel, who ya know, actually released the comic you "read"

quanchi112

Metallo has an advantage over Superman, every time he runs on Kryptonite. Drax simply biatch-smacked Thanos. Yes, so a silver bullet is an anomaly since it isn't more powerful than a regular bullet. I love how you ignore the rest of my post with the same nuh uh sort of responses. The editor flat out stated Drax negated his powers.

Drax just stated he has his killing stroke encoded in his dna which is a huge special advantage. It's fun though seeing you deny the obvious.

Enzeru
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you honestly this stupid and desperate that you have to reach this bad?

Look who is asking, one of those Thanos-wanking idiots.

Let me ask you this... can the silverbullet statement be used as an analogy to describe a situation where something or somebody has a specific weakness towards ____? Very simple question that I would like to see how honest you'll be.

If the silver bullet sentence would have been the only one Drax said, then yes, probably, but Drax said far more then just that and judging by his entire explanation, there is nothing that hints out that he has the special ability to kill Thanos.

His only special ability was to track the presence of Thanos.

He was clearly talking about the purpose. That was the very first sentence he mentioned. That it would be his purpose to kill Thanos. His last sentence was that his mind would finally find peace after he would acomplish that. Not hard to imagine if someone enconded the urge to kill Thanos within his genetic structure, so that the only thing he could think of was to kill Thanos.

Do you think your opinion carries more weight than the Editor and CHief of Marvel and that coimc book? If so, why do you think your oponion carries more weight.

At first, no I don't think that, but judging by my awesome intelligence someone like you should rely on my opinion, since I'm obviously smarter then Quanchi, Nihilist and you combined.

The reason I ask is because Andy Schmidt flat out said that the green aura Drax exhibited in A.W. was a new ability he got and it turned off Thanos natural eternal powers of Molecular control. He then went out to explain WHY he no exhibited this green aura..

And Greg Pak stated that if WW Hulk would not have been stopped, that he would have continued with his rampage and went straight ahead to guys like Thanos and destroyed them too.
But something like that was never written in the comic book, so who the **** cares? Not even one reader should care about that, since writers opinions also don't matter, if they're not on panel.

The same applies for other scenarios, like the Siege. Bendis also stated in an interview that Void was vastly more powerful than Thor and that the only reason the heroes were able to defeat him, was that Robert wanted to die in the end.
Yet that was never written on the panel and Bendis specifically didn't want someone like Spider-Woman to say: "Oh boy, if he didn't allow us to kill him, we would have never been able to defeat him."
Yet that's what happened in the comic anyway, even though no one ever said it or hinted it out and your low life buddy Quanchi likes to ride on that on a lot.

But that's not the only case. The same applies also for other instances, where Bendis did something crazy and said that Ares and Thor are equals and that Ares could be more powerful
Do we trust that statement, simply because Bendis said it, the guy who was writing the characters? No we don't, since NOTHING has ever shown us Ares being on pair with Thor.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=136756
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t528981.html

Nothing has ever shown us in the comics that Drax had some special advantages over Thanos, despite being simply more powerful and taking him down, but we have shown Drax using his aura to amp himself and get past other hard odds and not just using it to face Thanos.

It does not matter what a writer / editor / what so ever tells you, since they often don't know shit.
It's important what we see on panel and even that is very debatable sometimes, since PIS / WIS and CIS are all over the place.

And it still applies, that the Thanos-squad on this board is a bunch of idiots.

Cogito
The editor flat out stated Drax negated his powers.

Proof?

quanchi112
Proof? It's been posted before. I think cbr has deleted the thread since then it was a 2007 thread when the event took place.

Cogito
It's been posted before. I think cbr has deleted the thread since then it was a 2007 thread when the event took place.

So, you don't have proof?

Or should we just say "it's been posted before" every time you ask someone for proof or scans or whatnot.

quanchi112
So, you don't have proof?

Or should we just say "it's been posted before" every time you ask someone for proof or scans or whatnot. It's in my posting history in a previous thread but I am not looking it up. You don't have to believe me I honestly don't care but Andy Schmidt did say it. I also think the scans are proof enough about his special killing powers with regards to Thanos. If people want to deny the obvious plain statements on panel I can't change their minds. Some people want to believe what they want to promote their own characters I don't think like that.

Cogito
It's in my posting history in a previous thread but I am not looking it up. You don't have to believe me I honestly don't care but Andy Schmidt did say it. I also think the scans are proof enough about his special killing powers with regards to Thanos. If people want to deny the obvious plain statements on panel I can't change their minds. Some people want to believe what they want to promote their own characters I don't think like that.

Well if you're not going to look it up, I don't see why we should.

So I'm going to assume that this "proof" doesn't exist, until shown otherwise.

quanchi112
Well if you're not going to look it up, I don't see why we should.

So I'm going to assume that this "proof" doesn't exist, until shown otherwise. I stated I read it myself I already posted the scans themselves but the link no longer exists on cbr since it was a 2007 thread. You can believe whatever you want most people do anyways and when I posted the proof before people still ignored it. Hell, I posted scans when someone called me a liar about calling Drax a silver bullet to his werewolf and then they still backed their case. No matter what some people are still too hard headed I backed my case like I always do.

Enzeru
I stated I read it myself

Stopped reading there.

As if anyone believes you and even besides that. If writers and editors say something fancy, even though it never happaned on panel, that it does not matter. We don't give characters extra abilities / advantages, simply because someone had an idea, yet it was never released and sold over thousands of times.

quanchi112
Stopped reading there.

As if anyone believes you and even besides that. If writers and editors say something fancy, even though it never happaned on panel, that it does not matter. We don't give characters extra abilities / advantages, simply because someone had an idea, yet it was never released and sold over thousands of times. It was stated on panel that he's the silver bullet which means he is anomalous with regards to Thanos. Read the scan I posted the one you said didn't exist. Your nuh uh isn't a valid response.

Enzeru
It was stated on panel that he's the silver bullet which means he is anomalous with regards to Thanos. Read the scan I posted the one you said didn't exist. Your nuh uh isn't a valid response.

I'm going to paste/copy my text, since I don't bother that much to explain it to you in your language. Maybe you will understand it, if you read few times through it.

If the silver bullet sentence would have been the only one Drax said, then yes, probably, but Drax said far more then just that and judging by his entire explanation, there is nothing that hints out that he has the special ability to kill Thanos.

He was clearly talking about the purpose. That was the very first sentence he mentioned. That it would be his purpose to kill Thanos. His last sentence was that his mind would finally find peace after he would acomplish that. Not hard to imagine if someone enconded the urge to kill Thanos within his genetic structure, so that the only thing he could think of was to kill Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Look who is asking, one of those Thanos-wanking idiots.

At first, no I don't think that, but judging by my awesome intelligence someone like you should rely on my opinion, since I'm obviously smarter then Quanchi, Nihilist and you combined.

And Greg Pak stated that if WW Hulk would not have been stopped, that he would have continued with his rampage and went straight ahead to guys like Thanos and destroyed them too.
But something like that was never written in the comic book, so who the **** cares? Not even one reader should care about that, since writers opinions also don't matter, if they're not on panel.

The same applies for other scenarios, like the Siege. Bendis also stated in an interview that Void was vastly more powerful than Thor and that the only reason the heroes were able to defeat him, was that Robert wanted to die in the end.
Yet that was never written on the panel and Bendis specifically didn't want someone like Spider-Woman to say: "Oh boy, if he didn't allow us to kill him, we would have never been able to defeat him."
Yet that's what happened in the comic anyway, even though no one ever said it or hinted it out and your low life buddy Quanchi likes to ride on that on a lot.

But that's not the only case. The same applies also for other instances, where Bendis did something crazy and said that Ares and Thor are equals and that Ares could be more powerful
Do we trust that statement, simply because Bendis said it, the guy who was writing the characters? No we don't, since NOTHING has ever shown us Ares being on pair with Thor.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=136756
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t528981.html

Nothing has ever shown us in the comics that Drax had some special advantages over Thanos, despite being simply more powerful and taking him down, but we have shown Drax using his aura to amp himself and get past other hard odds and not just using it to face Thanos.

It does not matter what a writer / editor / what so ever tells you, since they often don't know shit.
It's important what we see on panel and even that is very debatable sometimes, since PIS / WIS and CIS are all over the place.

And it still applies, that the Thanos-squad on this board is a bunch of idiots.

Concession accepted. That statement CAN mean exactly what we are advocating it can mean. No other statement by drax contradicts that what so ever. Being a silverbullet to a werewolf IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM have I EVER seen that to mean... you have an urge to kill something that you can't control . That is NEVER how I seen that statement used. It's used however, countless times in fact, to describe something or somebody having a specific weakness towards something or somebody.

Your Intelligence..... BWAHAHAHA.. As I said in another thread, I really think you're just trying to be funny sometimes. I haven't seen any amount of intelligence that puts you beyond that of a freshman in high school.

Concession Accepted AGAIn that your opinion IS NOT as important as the editor and chief of Marvel. Glad we agree on that point. Thus, his comments on a BOOK HE EDITED and APPROVED is more valuable than yours. We agree.

Furthermore, please show me the times Drax exhibited a green aura in any past encounter with Thanos. Now, I know you're bullshitting with that statement. That was the first time it was shown in comics and Andy Schmidt SPECIFICALLY commented on it.... Drax exhibits a green aura when he's around thanos that TURNS OFF HIS NATURAL ETERNAL POWERS OF MOLECULAR CONTROL. Yet somehow, that isn't good enough for you. Your examples fall very short in many ways.. the examples you cited were talking about WHAT IF's... What Andy schmidt was talking about WASN'T A WHAT IF.. He was talking directly and specifically about what we SAW in the comic and commenting on it. Those examples are worlds apart from the one we are talking about. No amount of idiociy on your part changes that fact.

KuRuPT Thanosi
BTW... Here is the quote from Andy Schmidt

"Yes. That is what happened. Essentially (and no, I'm never going to say this in an actual comic book because it's too on the nose) part of Drax's programming is to continue to modify/improve/update his power-set until he gets the job done. He's had powers that were ineffective in the past (power blasts and flight) and so he was reconfigured in the cacoon with the right combination of elements to kill Thanos. He lost the ineffective ones, repaired his mind, and built in some new ones that are more effective on Thanos and his force field and such. All of that coupled with Thanos being distracted led to Thanos' demise."

his comments can be found here http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-114874.html
and there are also his comments about Drax's green aura turning off Thanos's natural eternal powers of molecular control. Which is consistent with NEVER EVER has someone went through Thanos like butter EXCEPT DRAX. He's been hit been being exponentionally more powerful than Drax and nothing close to that has happened. Hmmmmmm narration and artistic depiction being back up by the Editor and Chief of Marvel... Game over

Enzeru
^ I'm not the only one no this board who is calling you Thanos-lovers stupid. If I would be the only one, then I would clearly think about my behaviour and so on. Ask myself if I'm doing something wrong, but after all the reading and also the opportunity to see how people like Quanchi, Nihilist and you act like when it comes to Thanos,

... then no. I don't take you serious at all. I am not narrow-minded at all, but right now - because of this disgusting, yet miserable bias towards Thanos of you guys, where you put him above people like Tyrant, Skyfathers and so on, even though he clearly lost these fights ... I'm starting to automatically deny most of the stuff you throw at me instantly, without even trying to think about it.

But that does not apply for this particular instance, since the fact still remains, that Drax never had any advantages over Thanos, besides being able to track him through the universe. Nothing has ever been stated on panel and if you ask person XYZ who does not interpret as much into a simply, yet not sole silver bullet comparison as much as you Thanos-loving morons do, then that person is going to say the same thing to you:
Thanos lost, because he was weaker, and not because Drax had fancy advantages over him, which were basically never stated on panel and were made legit.

And feel free to open a thread and ask the people what they think about your intelligence, or Quanchi's or what the hell do I know. Ask them who they think seems to be smarter and more reasonable. You idiots, or me. I bet that it's going to stand 3:0 for you three guys, but then I would expect the people to start laughing and having a pretty good time, since your Thanos does not win in battles, where he is outclassed and the same applies for you morons, since basically nearly everyone on this board makes fun of you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Show me any place where I said Thanos beats Tyrant or Odin please. Don't lump me in with others just because I like Thanos as well. I know his limitations and say so all the time.

Concession Accepted. Andy's comments carry more weight than yours on the matter. You claimed Drax always had this green aura... well then post the scans please. Fact is, he didn't. Fact is, being a silverbullet has NEVER EVER meant you have the urge to kill someone you can't control. It means something is weak to something specifically but not weak to most everything else. That is always what that analogy means and only someone as desperate and idiotic as you would say other wise. For God's sake I posted the link to the length question and answers of Andy where he SPECIFICALLY talks about Drax GAINING NEW ABILITIES TO GET THE JOB DONE THAT HE NEVER HAD BEFORE. Yet you go, he gained no new abilties or powers. Are you stupid or just blind. He lost his ability to fly and fire blasts you moron so clearly he was gaining and losing abilities which Andy schmidty talked about in the quote I posted. So clearly, that right there proves your statment wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. He was losing and gaining abilties to get the job done against Thanos. Andy schmidt confirmed what we saw on panel. Concession accepted like always kid.

quanchi112
I'm going to paste/copy my text, since I don't bother that much to explain it to you in your language. Maybe you will understand it, if you read few times through it.

Here's the question posed from pendaran a little up on the same page.

Pendaran
11-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey Andy,

I don't suppose you can hint at if we'll get any explination for why Drax was able to kill Thanos this time despite his previous couple of failures in direct attempts at trying? I'm not going to rant or rave about it personally, but I would hope we get something.

He was clearly talking about the purpose. That was the very first sentence he mentioned. That it would be his purpose to kill Thanos. His last sentence was that his mind would finally find peace after he would acomplish that. Not hard to imagine if someone enconded the urge to kill Thanos within his genetic structure, so that the only thing he could think of was to kill Thanos. It's explained on panel and you didn't get it but let Andy illuminate what I already previously stated in his own words.

Andy Schmidt 11-08-2006, 09:57 PM Hey Andy, I don't suppose you can hint at if we'll get any explination for why Drax was able to kill Thanos this time despite his previous couple of failures in direct attempts at trying? I'm not going to rant or rave about it personally, but I would hope we get something. He was built to destroy Thanos. I thought we covered it in today's issue. We put it as simply as possible--something about him being a silver bullet. And the closer he got to Thanos, the more focused on Thanos he became and the more that "silver bullet" ability/thing powered up.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-114874-p-8.html

That's as cut and dry as you can get. How does it feel to be completely wrong and unable to comprehend when a marvel editor of this flat out explains what exactly happened. All those who doubted my words can stew in their own failure.

Enzeru
Show me any place where I said Thanos beats Tyrant or Odin please. Don't lump me in with others just because I like Thanos as well. I know his limitations and say so all the time.

You too are overhyping many of the enemies Thanos faced who were weaker versions then other people faced recently.
Additionally to that you entirely ignored few statements which put Thanos on his place in terms of strenght and especially the speed, since he was portrayed as not being able to tag Captain Marvel in combat, who was moving to fast for him.

But instead you come up with showings of Thanos which basically don't matter at all, like the Fallen One instance, where Fallen One didn't really use much of his speed. He started flying towards Thanos and got attacked and the same happened to the Silver Surfer. No biggie.

Concession Accepted. Andy's comments carry more weight than yours on the matter. You claimed Drax always had this green aura... well then post the scans please. Fact is, he didn't. Fact is, being a silverbullet has NEVER EVER meant you have the urge to kill someone you can't control. It means something is weak to something specifically but not weak to most everything else. That is always what that analogy means and only someone as desperate and idiotic as you would say other wise.

At first, you don't accept anything, you moron.

I also never said that my opinion matters when it comes to statements in comic books, which are not official. The same applies even for writers. If we would go by statements, then Ares would be as powerful as Thor, which he isn't since it was never portrayed that way.

It's also not a fact that a silver bullet is supposed to be ...
Thanos didn't only mention the Silver Bullet. He mentioned so much more and the most weight had the statement with the purpose, since that's what everything was about. His purpose to kill Thanos and his will to end it in the end. The silver bullet is just a small area from the text you took out, to prove a point, which has never been written to be that way.

For God's sake I posted the link to the length question and answers of Andy where he SPECIFICALLY talks about Drax GAINING NEW ABILITIES TO GET THE JOB DONE THAT HE NEVER HAD BEFORE. Yet you go, he gained no new abilties or powers.

For your Dog's sake, I don't care about the answers of Andyboy, since they don't matter. If they're not on panel, they don't matter, since they're only opinions which are not official.

Drax had the ability to sense Thanos. Later on he gained the ability to sense the presence of people who were in contact with Thanos and he was even able to sense slightly into the future and know where Thanos would be.

There was never stated, that he had any special abilities, which overcame Thanos power. Drax was simply ridiculously resilent and strong. Period.

He lost his ability to fly and fire blasts you moron so clearly he was gaining and losing abilities which Andy schmidty talked about in the quote I posted. So clearly, that right there proves your statment wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. He was losing and gaining abilties to get the job done against Thanos. Andy schmidt confirmed what we saw on panel. Concession accepted like always kid.

Once again, you don't accept shit, you moron. Accept a job from Mc Donalds to order your life, or something.
Drax never ever gained the ability to be the silver bullet to Thanos. He was simply more powerful, that's all. He was able to sense him, he was able to sense him even further, yes that were his abilities. He lost his flight and strenght and so on, yes. We saw all that.
But we never saw him simply being Draxynite to Super-Thanos. He never had that ability. He had the purpose to kill Thanos and he did that. He killed Thanos.

And now go and wash yourself.

quanchi112
Just like I predicted when a marvel editor of an event answered a question which backed up a clear cut statement and then enzeru denied it and insulted those who disagreed with clear cut proof. That's why it isn't worth the effort when people deny what happened as opposed to what they wished happened on panel.

My favorite part of andy's comments is when he says I thought we covered that in today's issue. It was painfully obvious yet someone demanded an editor as proof and then when supplied denied it just the same.

Ps. I told you all I read it. It feels good to be proven 100 percent right.

Enzeru
Just like I predicted when a marvel editor of an event answered a question which backed up a clear cut statement and then enzeru denied it and insulted those who disagreed with clear cut proof.

Something like that never happened.
If you have something with the Sentry in mind, then yeah ... It was actually stated on panel, that Sentry can't die, if he doesn't really wish to with all of his heart and it was also stated on panel, that the Void can't return, since it's not up to him.

So that has FAR MORE weight than your Thanos-biasm with your invented shit, with the unofficial statements from writers and editors which don't matter, when it comes to characters and their abilities / power levels, since writers know less about their power levels and abilities than we do. Believe it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You too are overhyping many of the enemies Thanos faced who were weaker versions then other people faced recently.
Additionally to that you entirely ignored few statements which put Thanos on his place in terms of strenght and especially the speed, since he was portrayed as not being able to tag Captain Marvel in combat, who was moving to fast for him.

But instead you come up with showings of Thanos which basically don't matter at all, like the Fallen One instance, where Fallen One didn't really use much of his speed. He started flying towards Thanos and got attacked and the same happened to the Silver Surfer. No biggie.

At first, you don't accept anything, you moron.

I also never said that my opinion matters when it comes to statements in comic books, which are not official. The same applies even for writers. If we would go by statements, then Ares would be as powerful as Thor, which he isn't since it was never portrayed that way.

It's also not a fact that a silver bullet is supposed to be ...
Thanos didn't only mention the Silver Bullet. He mentioned so much more and the most weight had the statement with the purpose, since that's what everything was about. His purpose to kill Thanos and his will to end it in the end. The silver bullet is just a small area from the text you took out, to prove a point, which has never been written to be that way.

For your Dog's sake, I don't care about the answers of Andyboy, since they don't matter. If they're not on panel, they don't matter, since they're only opinions which are not official.

Drax had the ability to sense Thanos. Later on he gained the ability to sense the presence of people who were in contact with Thanos and he was even able to sense slightly into the future and know where Thanos would be.

There was never stated, that he had any special abilities, which overcame Thanos power. Drax was simply ridiculously resilent and strong. Period.

Once again, you don't accept shit, you moron. Accept a job from Mc Donalds to order your life, or something.
Drax never ever gained the ability to be the silver bullet to Thanos. He was simply more powerful, that's all. He was able to sense him, he was able to sense him even further, yes that were his abilities. He lost his flight and strenght and so on, yes. We saw all that.
But we never saw him simply being Draxynite to Super-Thanos. He never had that ability. He had the purpose to kill Thanos and he did that. He killed Thanos.

And now go and wash yourself.

Wow you really are stupid or just trying to be comedic. First, don't think I missed your concession and retraction of the statement that drax didn't lose any abilities or gain any abilities. I noticed it, even though you tried to quickly glance over that part. Second, The Thor and Ares comment isn't comparable to Andy Schmidts comments. Andy talked about something we SPECIFICALLY SAW in the comic and expanded on its meaning further. He referenced drax being reborn with new abilities to kill Thanos, and losing abilities that didn't work (flight, blasting etc ) This wasn't his opinion of other characters on how they would do if they fought. I was referencing what we saw via narration and artistic depiction and elaborated on it further. Ya know, a comic HE EDITED and stuff he knows way more about than you. Third, you've been caught moron. You admitted Drax lost his strength among other things and gained new abilities (the concession I already accepted and retraction of your early statement)... Now, since Drax has met Thanos numerous times in the past and had MORE strength by your own admission.. than how is it that he was NEVER able to do even the slightest bit of damage with his punches to Thanos when he was stronger... yet when he was weaker he could just go through Thanos like butter? Hmmm seems to be a paradox in your logic eh? Hmmmm maybe it's because he was weaker but AS ANDY SCHMIDT says... he got new abilities that would NOW allow him to deal the killing blow AND the green aura he now exhibited turned off Thanos Eternal powers of molecular control. By the way, don't think I didn't notice your concession about not backing up your claim of Drax exhibitiing a green aura before. Game set match kid.

quanchi112
Something like that never happened.
If you have something with the Sentry in mind, then yeah ... It was actually stated on panel, that Sentry can't die, if he doesn't really wish to with all of his heart and it was also stated on panel, that the Void can't return, since it's not up to him.

So that has FAR MORE weight than your Thanos-biasm with your invented shit, with the unofficial statements from writers and editors which don't matter, when it comes to characters and their abilities / power levels, since writers know less about their power levels and abilities than we do. Believe it. Originally posted by quanchi112
It's explained on panel and you didn't get it but let Andy illuminate what I already previously stated in his own words.

Andy Schmidt 11-08-2006, 09:57 PM Hey Andy, I don't suppose you can hint at if we'll get any explination for why Drax was able to kill Thanos this time despite his previous couple of failures in direct attempts at trying? I'm not going to rant or rave about it personally, but I would hope we get something. He was built to destroy Thanos. I thought we covered it in today's issue. We put it as simply as possible--something about him being a silver bullet. And the closer he got to Thanos, the more focused on Thanos he became and the more that "silver bullet" ability/thing powered up.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-114874-p-8.html

That's as cut and dry as you can get. How does it feel to be completely wrong and unable to comprehend when a marvel editor of this flat out explains what exactly happened. All those who doubted my words can stew in their own failure. That's exactly what was described and what we saw on panel. I mean if a marvel editor flat out confirms what we directly read and saw on panel and you deny it you live in your own world. It's that simple. Marvel editors and writers decide what is canon not your own twisted self serving interpretation. Continue to deny it I am thoroughly amused. Very rarely do we have access to someone an editor answering a direct question regarding something in a comic and yet you deny it still. Keep it up.

Enzeru
Wow you really are stupid or just trying to be comedic. First, don't think I missed your concession and retraction of the statement that drax didn't lose any abilities or gain any abilities. I noticed it, even though you tried to quickly glance over that part. Second, The Thor and Ares comment isn't comparable to Andy Schmidts comments. Andy talked about something we SPECIFICALLY SAW in the comic and expanded on its meaning further. He referenced drax being reborn with new abilities to kill Thanos, and losing abilities that didn't work (flight, blasting etc ) This wasn't his opinion of other characters on how they would do if they fought. I was referencing what we saw via narration and artistic depiction and elaborated on it further. Ya know, a comic HE EDITED and stuff he knows way more about than you. Third, you've been caught moron. You admitted Drax lost his strength among other things and gained new abilities (the concession I already accepted and retraction of your early statement)... Now, since Drax has met Thanos numerous times in the past and had MORE strength by your own admission.. than how is it that he was NEVER able to do even the slightest bit of damage with his punches to Thanos when he was stronger... yet when he was weaker he could just go through Thanos like butter? Hmmm seems to be a paradox in your logic eh? Hmmmm maybe it's because he was weaker but AS ANDY SCHMIDT says... he got new abilities that would NOW allow him to deal the killing blow AND the green aura he now exhibited turned off Thanos Eternal powers of molecular control. By the way, don't think I didn't notice your concession about not backing up your claim of Drax exhibitiing a green aura before. Game set match kid.

It's getting hard to read through your ridiculous bullshit.

Drax is not the Resurrection Man, who resurrects and instantly shows everyone his abilities. I never denied that Drax gained new abilities, or that he lost few of them, bur they all have been stated and shown. It was stated that he was able to sense Thanos' presence, it was stated that his tracking got increased and it was stated and shown that he was depowered, but it was NEVER ... IT WAS NEVER STATED that he gained the abilitiy to simply kill Thanos, without even bothering.
Especially since the moment where he was depowered was long after the silver bullet instance, where he was simply stronger and more resilent then Thanos.

It does not matter what Andyboy said, since he never let it happen on panel. Everything you do is taking his word as a proof which does not count, since he did not explain it officially in comic books.
We don't argue that way about comics. We discuss who would win a battle: "Thor or Ares", "WW Hulk or Thanos". We don't ask ourself, who would Bendis / Pak let win that battle, since once that happens, it becomes freakin' official, if it's not insane bullcrap, like Spider-Man beating down Firelord.

What you're doing right now is assuming at the highest scale and that is pathetic, even for hardcore character fans.
I am a hardcore Sentry fan, but do you see me coming up with "SENTRY HAS THE POWER OF ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS, LOOK AT HIM, HE ASKS EVERYONE IF THEY WANT HIM TO RELEASE THE POWER OF ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS, YAY, THE POWER OF ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS, IT'S ON PANEL, HE HAS IT, BUT HE DOES NOT WANT TO RELEASE IT, YAY, HE DESTROYED PLANETS AND PROBABLY EVEN A DWARF GALAXY, SINCE THAT'S THE DESTRUCTION ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS WOULD DO, YAY, ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS!"

No ... he was destroying planets while holding back and his energy was visible in the real world, while he was in the microverse.
I'm not saying that he destroyed the entire microverse, even though Photon flew out of the microverse, after Sentry's energy started escalating without a pause.
That would be assuming and I don't do that, since it's too vague.

You and the other Thanos-crazed retards are doing far worse stuff.

quanchi112
Andy is reaffirming what occurred on panel. He flat out says I thought the issue pretty much explained it. The issue did but some want to deny what they read and twist the meaning of it to serve their agendas.

It's his job to understand what the writer is trying to convey and ultimately in this set of circumstances he has the final say on what it and isn't released. You saying an editor's opinion on an event he oversaw which is stated word for word on panel that you misinterpreted is just flat out denial. You just proved debating against you doesn't matter because no matter what evidence is presented you won't change your mind.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's getting hard to read through your ridiculous bullshit.

Drax is not the Resurrection Man, who resurrects and instantly shows everyone his abilities. I never denied that Drax gained new abilities, or that he lost few of them, bur they all have been stated and shown. It was stated that he was able to sense Thanos' presence, it was stated that his tracking got increased and it was stated and shown that he was depowered, but it was NEVER ... IT WAS NEVER STATED that he gained the abilitiy to simply kill Thanos, without even bothering.
Especially since the moment where he was depowered was long after the silver bullet instance, where he was simply stronger and more resilent then Thanos.

It does not matter what Andyboy said, since he never let it happen on panel. Everything you do is taking his word as a proof which does not count, since he did not explain it officially in comic books.
We don't argue that way about comics. We discuss who would win a battle: "Thor or Ares", "WW Hulk or Thanos". We don't ask ourself, who would Bendis / Pak let win that battle, since once that happens, it becomes freakin' official, if it's not insane bullcrap, like Spider-Man beating down Firelord.

What you're doing right now is assuming at the highest scale and that is pathetic, even for hardcore character fans.
I am a hardcore Sentry fan, but do you see me coming up with "SENTRY HAS THE POWER OF ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS, LOOK AT HIM, HE ASKS EVERYONE IF THEY WANT HIM TO RELEASE THE POWER OF ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS, YAY, THE POWER OF ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS, IT'S ON PANEL, HE HAS IT, BUT HE DOES NOT WANT TO RELEASE IT, YAY, HE DESTROYED PLANETS AND PROBABLY EVEN A DWARF GALAXY, SINCE THAT'S THE DESTRUCTION ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS WOULD DO, YAY, ONE MILLION EXPLODING SUNS!"

No ... he was destroying planets while holding back and his energy was visible in the real world, while he was in the microverse.
I'm not saying that he destroyed the entire microverse, even though Photon flew out of the microverse, after Sentry's energy started escalating without a pause.
That would be assuming and I don't do that, since it's too vague.

You and the other Thanos-crazed retards are doing far worse stuff. More lying and moving the goalposts eh? Would you like me to quote where you said Drax didn't gain any new abilities to kill Thanos? Cause I can. You have now retracted that statement and conceded he HAS gained new powers to kill Thanos.

Don't think I missed you not answering my question.... You admit drax was weaker during the A.W. series compared to his earlier appearances. Than explain to us all, how drax, when he was stronger, couldn't so much as a scratch Thanos with ANY of the punches he landed. Yet, he was able to punch right THROUGH Thanos like butter this time? Interesting eh? Maybe it was because of the green aura that was NEVER seen before, which Andy Schmidt CONFIRMED turned off Thanos natural Eternal powers of Molecular control and effected his shields. Andy smith said EXACTLY why he was able to do so. Which makes sense since he's taken blows from a mcuh stronger version of Drax and it did NOTHING to him let alone penetrate him at all AND he's taken blows from FAR STRONGER being than Drax or Sentry and it didn't do anything to him in the slightest. Yet this time, Drax slices through his shields (Shields Andy comments on why and shields that have stood up to exponentionally more than Drax knife and weakened form) and punch right through Thanos. Explain that please? I know, it's because what we saw on panel through narration and aritistic depiction which was confirmed by the Editor of the comic book...Hook, line and sinker.

Enzeru
More lying and moving the goalposts eh? Would you like me to quote where you said Drax didn't gain any new abilities to kill Thanos? Cause I can.

Already stopped reading right there, you incompetent fool.
I said that Thanos never had any uber-fancy abilities where he was able to kill Thanos. I also said that his ability was to sense the presence of Thanos and later on that ability got increased. He already defeated Thanos before he got depowered into oblivion.

How about you actually read my freakin' posts? Drax tracked down Thanos and beat the living shit out of him. There was no silver bullet ability there, just his one purpose: To kill Thanos, what he also managed to do.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Concession accepted. Nice dodging of the question. I would to if I was made to look like a fool and exposed. Get back to me when you can answer the question I posed kid. Until then, go run and hide with your tail between your legs.

quanchi112
Already stopped reading right there, you incompetent fool.
I said that Thanos never had any uber-fancy abilities where he was able to kill Thanos. I also said that his ability was to sense the presence of Thanos and later on that ability got increased. He already defeated Thanos before he got depowered into oblivion.

How about you actually read my freakin' posts? Drax tracked down Thanos and beat the living shit out of him. There was no silver bullet ability there, just his one purpose: To kill Thanos, what he also managed to do. I thought we covered it in today's issue.

We put it as simply as possible--something about him being a silver bullet. And the closer he got to Thanos, the more focused on Thanos he became and the more that "silver bullet" ability/thing powered up.

Badabing
Guys, stop trolling and bashing. I will close this thread and hand out warnings.

Enzeru
Concession accepted. Nice dodging of the question. I would to if I was made to look like a fool and exposed. Get back to me when you can answer the question I posed kid. Until then, go run and hide with your tail between your legs.

Ah, at first you lie like a little *****, claim that I said things which I never said, then you accept something again and now I'm the one who is running away ?_? Just because you're too stupid to actually realize something?

This is how a logical person looks at the entire story. Someone like me, or many of the other people here who hate you Thanos-wanking retards:

1. In the end it's still a fact that the editors opinions don't matter, if they're not clearly stated and shown on panel.

2. It's still a fact that that Thanos already defeated Thanos while only having the Thanos-tracking as his special ability. Nothing else was ever stated before and he defeated him thanks to the superior attributes.

3. In the end it's still a fact that Drax considers himself having only one purpose, just like a silver bullet has only one purpose. To kill someone and not to be the only way to do so.

4. In the end it's still a fact that during Drax' thoughts the silver bullet was only one sentence, while everything else he said was based around something different: simply killing Thanos.

But this is what retarded Thanos-fanboys claim, simply to somehow hype up Thanos as a character, who has some very bad showings when it comes to terms of strenght and speed, basically nearly always the attributes which decide over battles:

1. You idiots take one single sentence out of an entire text and try to force your opinion into the boards. The silly opinion that everything Drax said was totally not important and that only an debatable allegory truly states what Drax said there, even though that's totally not the case and only the three biggest Thanos-lovers on this entire board are the people who want to believe in that.

2. Even though there is nothing that indicates that a Drax in his prime only managed to defeat Thanos, because he is the chosen one or some kind of bullshit like that, it's still something you really want to believe into, so that you can give classic Thanos an AOD-level like rank, where no one besides Drax can defeat him and now where Thanos is the AOD, it's official. Pathetic.

3. As already mentioned, you idiots totally ignore everything Drax said before... That he has only one purpose, to end Thanos. That that urge is encoded into his genetic code, that at least his mind will finally find peace after the task has been acomplished and that Thanos' end is near.
No, you ignore all that and concentrate on an allegory which was there to strenghten Drax' urge to kill Thanos. To explain his only purpose, just like a silver bullet has the only logical purpose: To kill a werewolf. No one is talking about a vulnerability or something like that. Drax never mentiones something like that. He never says, that he is the one who has been granted the ability to easy kill off Thanos. He simply says that he has the purpose to kill him and he is on his way to finish the mission.

4. And in the end it's still a fact that there was never more behind the silver bullet story, but to back up Drax' purpose, yet you idiots totally refuse to get that and you bring in an editor into the debate, who basically doesn't matter at all, for two reasons. At first, because he never backed it up during the early days of Drax, where Drax was not depowered and simply defeated Thanos and besides that, in the end ... the thoughts of an editor don't matter at all, if they're not on panel in a story. The thoughts of an editor are far worse then a freakin' What If.

You Thanos-YMCA-boys are truly pathetic, one worse than the other.

Badabing
Enzeru, you get a warning.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Badabing
Enzeru, you get a warning.

Greatly accepted. I'm through with the story anyway. I simply don't care enough about Thanos, to actually bother in the long run and I would rather laugh at people recultant, than spend even more time with trying to convince them that they're clueless.

It's like talking to a wall. Heeeeeeeeell no will I lose the control again and unleash the power of one mi ... ah, forget it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So all that and you still couldn't answer the question at hand and instead just spouted off a bs of retarded bs.

If drax didn't gain any new abilities or exhibit an aura that effected thanos... Why was he able to EASILY go through shields that have stood up to exponentionally more than a weaker drax with a knife.. and why WHILE WEAKER THAN BEFORE (which you concede) he was able to go right through THanos like butter.. yet when he was stronger... he couldn't put so much of a scratch on Thanos. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS??? I await to see your squirming and dodging again.

Brockalizer
Once more, Ares allowed himself to be killed so the next phase of his plans to begin. Thanos wins. Ares allowing himself to be killed is irrelevant. What is rellevant is that he was killed at all. As the avatar of Death, Thanos would love it if he had the option of simply "choosing" to die, but he can't. Simply put, he is immune to death, as was stated on panel. To put AoD Thanos down permanently would require a lot more than "a mere Skyfather", as Galactus would put it, is capable of. IMHO it would required Abstract level powers to defeat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.