JLA vs. Avengers All Stars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
JLA :

1. Superman
2. Hal
3. Flash
4. Orion
5. MM
6. WW

Avengers all stars:

1. Thor
2. Quasar
3. Sentry ( no void)
4. Hulk ( current)
5. Sersi
6. Nova ( joined in Secret Avengers #1 )

City setting fight no civilians.

Enzeru
Meh, Hulk and Nova are kinda weak links, therefore the Justice League.

Q99
Nova isn't what I'd call a weak link.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
Nova isn't what I'd call a weak link.

He's not weak per say, but compared to the JLA members above, he probably would be. Anyway, who wins? I say JLA for the majority.

Stoic
Originally posted by Enzeru
Meh, Hulk and Nova are kinda weak links, therefore the Justice League.

How is Nova a weak link? He took a blast from an amplified Sphinx. Also how is the Hulk a weak link? He defeated the Sentry. So if he is a weak link, it would also make Bob a weak link. No?

Enzeru
Originally posted by Stoic
How is Nova a weak link? He took a blast from an amplified Sphinx. Also how is the Hulk a weak link? He defeated the Sentry. So if he is a weak link, it would also make Bob a weak link. No?

Nova is not a weak character, but compared with the Justice League members he would be one of the weaker links.

Hulk is way too unversatile, to compete with the JLA, since many of them can take the fight to speed levels, where he would have some maaaaaaaajor issues.

The entire World War Hulk arc was full of PIS moments and Hulk's fight with Sentry was one of these PIS moments, since Sentry didn't use even one of his advantages over the Hulk. He instead brawled it out and had to be depowered by the writer, so that the Hulk could keep up and win in the end.

Stoic
Originally posted by Enzeru
Nova is not a weak character, but compared with the Justice League members he would be one of the weaker links.

Hulk is way too unversatile, to compete with the JLA, since many of them can take the fight to speed levels, where he would have some maaaaaaaajor issues.

The entire World War Hulk arc was full of PIS moments and Hulk's fight with Sentry was one of these PIS moments, since Sentry didn't use even one of his advantages over the Hulk. He instead brawled it out and had to be depowered by the writer, so that the Hulk could keep up and win in the end.

This would be true if the Hulk were a one trick pony, but he has tagged a speedster right on the chin. Remember when he hit Sentry on the button, interrupting his speed blitz? What about the fact that he does have energy projection? The Hulk can counter most speedsters with sheer power output. The Flash would be a problem, but he would be a problem for anyone on team 2. just to be fair.

Nova has done too many high end things to be called a weak link. I can't see it. gravametric blasts, gravametric shields, the ability to open worm holes? I really can't see it.

Enzeru
This would be true if the Hulk were a one trick pony, but he has tagged a speedster right on the chin. Remember when he hit Sentry on the button, interrupting his speed blitz? What about the fact that he does have energy projection? The Hulk can counter most speedsters with sheer power output.

Remember when the Hulk hit the Sentry over and over again? Sentry took all the punches and made him compliments. He wanted to be stopped, because he knew that he could lose the control in the end, what he also did. He started destroying the city and took even more punches, without trying to defend himself.

Hulk has a certain amount of speed. He can run so fast, that he takes off, since he can't keep the grip on the ground. That's the reason why Hulk mostly jumps all over the place.
Hulk can also hit fast thanks to his strenght, but that's about it.

Hulk is not a fast character. He has not the needed amount of super speed to compete with characters, who have super speed as a part of their entire, respective power set and that applies for Superman, Sentry and of course the overpowered Flash.

Flash can even leave the ground thanks to his speedforce and fight all over the place, while Hulk is Earth-bound and would have to jump around to punch the enemies, who could simply decide to fly and try to concentrate on range combat.

Therefore the Hulk is the weak link, especially because it's not like Hulk is using his gamma radiation energy waves on a regular basis, to hit opponents from distance -__- and I don't see his thunderclaps being powerful enough to actually harm Justice League level characters in the long run.

The Flash would be a problem, but he would be a problem for anyone on team 2. just to be fair.

If we judge the entire battle only by feats and leave out everything possible and maybe even implied, then the Flash would be able to solo the entire Marvel team, since no one them would be able to react to his speed and he would have traded thousands of Superman-level punches, before the Marvels could even start thinking about a tactic.

Nova has done too many high end things to be called a weak link. I can't see it. gravametric blasts, gravametric shields, the ability to open worm holes? I really can't see it.

Nova is awesome, don't me wrong, but Nova would also be one of the first people who would fall in this battle.

Marvel's only chance to back up the lack of Nova and Hulk, who are simply the weak links (at least in my opinion) would be to concentrate on draining the enemies. Superman would be taken out rather quickly, if he faces 3 energy / radiation absorbers like Thor, Quasar and the Sentry, while Sentry would profit from the power drain and I see few of the Marvel's being powerful enough to break through Hal's constructs, even though I'm not really sure about that, since Hal is a TOP TIER Lantern.
I clearly see Sentry breaking through and I'm not so sure about the others.

Sersi COULD be a game changer in the end, if the Marvel's protect her from the very first beginning.

But yeah, they're overall still slightly outclassed in my opinion and all that mainly because of the Flash, since it was me who argued for the Sentry in the Sentry VS Annihilators thread and I still say that Sentry could take down the Annihilators, if he is in his prime, but the Flash? That's just comic book physics breaking non-sense at it's finest.

Stoic
Just before you wrote all of that, i thought about what it was that you were trying to express. I can agree with a lot of it. However the Hulk was holding back the entire time during the WW Hulk series. Recall if you may how easily he put Ares down. One hit, and he wasn't trying. If I were to compare the effort it took for him to plant Ares, I'd say that it was as easy as taking a walk in the park. This was him holding back to spare countless lives. So in fact his battle with Bob was Banner controlling his power output, and not letting go. I agree that the story could have been written better, but I have read worse.

I would call it PIS for both characters if we were to argue contextual evidence. I would also call it CIS in the way that many of the characters acted, but if you recall, Banner sat on a throne for much of the arc contemplating what he should do. This was him weighing mercy over tyranny. If he fought Zomling Strange with the same ferocity that he showed during Heart of the Monster, it likely would have looked different, what about the heroes? Imagine if he let loose on them? There really wouldn't have been a contest. This includes the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and all of the rest.

The Flash is a problem, but he has been dealt with by less than what he is going against here. Are you willing to say that every time that he loses is because of PIS or CIS? Not sure I want to buy that, but to each their own. the Flash as well as the Hulk are two characters that are generally hard to debate, because of their deus ex plot knife.

Prep-Man
An all out Flash would dominate. He alone was giving Pre-Crisis characters speed. PC bricks couldn't even spot him. It was pretty incredible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.