Lord Mar-Vell vs The Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Ok so when they first met, Lord Mar-Vell broke the Surfers board, but does this mean that if they fought with everything that they had that he would decimate the Surfer?

Who would win this if they fought one on one, and held nothing back?

dmills
The board took the brunt of the damage yes, but the Surfer was quite clearly hurt. And by a fairly casual blast at that.

As for the fight itself, Mar-vell comfortably. But a high end surfer could take some imo.

Power Cosmic II
mar-vell.

Sirius77
Vell doesn't have that many physical feats under his belt. We know that he had the power to trade blows with Nova and knocked him out, but other than that he fared every bit as well as any other herald that's faced thanos physically.

I think that his energy output is trans level, as it was able to break surfer's board and apparently outblast him and every other herald he faced, but his physical stats seem to be high herald at best with an advantage in the speed and reaction time department imo.

So with that said, some people might disagree, but I could see surfer pulling a couple of wins if he went straight for blood from the get go.

carver9
Does Mar-vell have a respect thread?

JakeTheBank
Captain Mar-Vell does, I'm sure.

Not sure if any of Lord Mar-Vell's feats have been added.

Sirius77
Lord Mar-Vell? Nah, I don't think so. Not enough feats. Regular Mar-Vell does I think.

Sirius77
Jake beat me to it lol.

carver9
The only thing I seen of him is him sneak attacking Magus, him fighting Nova, shielding himself, him blasting at the annihilators ripping Surfers board. Is there anything else (seen the Thanos fight as well) because that's not enough imo to put him above Surfer that much. I would give him a 6/10 and if Surfer is serious, I would give Surfer the majority.

Sirius77
Originally posted by carver9
The only thing I seen of him is him sneak attacking Magus, him fighting Nova, shielding himself, him blasting at the annihilators ripping Surfers board. Is there anything else (seen the Thanos fight as well) because that's not enough imo to put him above Surfer that much. I would give him a 6/10 and if Surfer is serious, I would give Surfer the majority.

Thats what I was thinking tbh.

If he is trans, he'd be low. He's above herald, but not by an insane amount imo.

Endless Mike
When I first saw him take down Magus so easily I thought he was Skyfather for sure. Now I doubt it.

Nihilist
Marvell wins.

Surfer would have been f*cked up if Quasar hadnt of borrowed power from all the Annihilator just to save them

vince_slice
I like Surfer and all but Mar-Vell kicked his ass, and nearly killed the rest of the Annihilators too with his energy attack at the end of TI #4

the ninjak
Mar-Vell.
He can't die unless Thanos is in the vicinity. He has a Many Angled One inside of him, which will keep him alive.
And his powerset was enough to toy with Surfer and Nova at the same time during a tactical takedown.

carver9
Originally posted by the ninjak

And his powerset was enough to toy with Surfer and Nova at the same time during a tactical takedown.

There are numerous of beings that has done this. I don't think that's any type of indication of how a fight would go between Mar-vell and a "out for the kill" Surfer.

the ninjak
Originally posted by carver9
There are numerous of beings that has done this. I don't think that's any type of indication of how a fight would go between Mar-vell and a "out for the kill" Surfer.

Lord Mar-Vell didn't even flinch while taking them on. Meaning an all out Mar-Vell is without feats but regardless a being who easily handled both fighters with ease should defeat an enraged Surfer in a spur of the moment fight.

Having a Many Angled One inside you gives incredible perks.

quanchi112
Mar-vell, 10/10. Minimal effort required just like in the comic.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
does this mean that if they fought with everything that they had that he would decimate the Surfer?

No.

Originally posted by Stoic
Who would win this if they fought one on one, and held nothing back?

Mar-Vell, on average, based on their one minimal interaction. I've seen Surfer do things equally impressive as Mar-Vell, though, so I'm not going to say it's out of the realm of possibility for Surfer to win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mar Vell and pretty comfortably

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.