Rom: Space Knight vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

leonidas
What the f**k?

Wang owns you5
Rom in a nullifier second. His nullifier, nullify's 'stuff' like forcefields and mutant powers. It even cured the Thing.

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
What the f**k?

I know, he's metal. stick out tongue

But that nullifier could potentially nullify Magneto's powers, if he shoots before Mags does.

leonidas
mags wins a quickdraw 1000/1000 though. speed of mags' thoughts>>>>>rom's ability to draw and shoot. give rom a free shot he could likely penetrate the shield but mags could STILL get off an attack, disarm him and tear his weapon apart. don't see anyway this is NOT spite....

guy222
thumb up

Don Corleone
Anyone siding with Rom would have to prove two things.

1. And the easy part would be to prove the nullifier would work on Magneto.

2. And here's the hard one proving that Rom could draw , fire, faster than Magneto can think.

Stoic
They would make an excellent team. Rom would be the bullet, and Magneto would be the gun

In a fight though, I think Magneto takes this.

Power Cosmic II
Rom wouldn't last 5 seconds

basilisk
Rom's neutralizer can definitely neutralize electromagnetic energy (as well as magic, radiation, cosmic energy, and others) and I doubt it would have any trouble doing it to Magneto's shields and blasts given the chance. It was able to affect the internal energies of super-beings such as Hulk, Thing etc. and absorb them. What was said to be a primitive copy of the neutralizer was able to de-power mutants.And also Rom was physically powerful enough to fight guys like Gladiator, Thing, and Hulk. So I think he has the tools.

Now in comic fight situations, like recent X-Men issues, people do get the drop on Magneto reasonably often. So in that scenario I'd give Rom a decent chance of winning it via the neutralizer.

But yeah, in a pure quick draw scenario Rom could be in big trouble unless he had the weapon in hand and was ready to fire.

It's also interesting to note that Metal Master was unable to control Rom's armor (it was the only metal he was not able to control) - Rom seemed to believe it was because his Spaceknight tech gave him greater control over it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.