Jack The Giant Killer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Director:Bryan Singer

Cast:Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci, Ian McShane, Bill Nighy, Eleanor Tomlinson, Ewan McGrego

1opzWmr8NSU

Patient_Leech
What the fukk? Is this related to Jack and the Beanstalk?

siriuswriter
Meh. I'll watch "Into the Woods" and be just fine. big grin

Patient_Leech
Oh, it absolutely is related to Jack and the Beanstalk. I totally missed the beans at the beginning (that's what I get for watching the trailer on my phone). This might be fun. They should have just called it Jack and the Beanstalk, though. Or Jack and the Giant or something. The title is dumb. Anyway, I always liked the Abbott and Costello version (Haha, "The Gayest Romance!"wink... laughing

4pRmpY0MzW8

siriuswriter
I'm sorry, but... Mr. Dinglepuss?

Originally posted by siriuswriter

Kazenji

Stuff that

i'm not into musicals personally

Blinky
Hmmm who would have thought they'd remake this movie, of all movies? I'll prolly catch it at the $2 dollar theatre, for a couple laughs.

-Pr-
He can do action in Jack and the Beanstalk, but f*ck it up in Superman Returns? For shame.

steverules_2
Least he did the first two X-men movies justice...even if they were more about wolverine...he shoulda just stuck with them...

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Least he did the first two X-men movies justice...even if they were more about wolverine...he shoulda just stuck with them...

He did'nt do them justice for Pr since he's a Cyclops fan.

siriuswriter
@Kazenji -

Well, I am. I do stuff for the local theatre, we did "Into the Woods" a coupla years ago and I was Red Riding Hood.

Damn, that wig was itchy.

Mindship
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I always liked the Abbott and Costello version "He met his doom,
He fell down and go boom,
And he never looked better in his life."
Some day, by gosh,
He'll be acres of squash,
And he never looked better in his life."

laughing out loud Classic tunes.

On a separate note...
The original "Jack the Giant Killer" (made some 50 years ago with claymation/stop-action) had little to do with the traditional beanstalk tale and had more/cooler monsters. I thought this was being remade. Oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY-95Cx5pYo

roughrider
This is the film Bryan Singer was contractually obligated to do, instead of being able to direct X-Men: First Class (actually, that turned out just fine.)

With this and two Snow White films next year, is Hollywood going to pour on the fairy tales, now? Along with superheroes?

siriuswriter
Don't forget the "Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters."

roughrider
Don't forget the "Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters."

Oh, yeah. Good times. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
ng9rjC8MOgU

Mr. Rhythmic
..."Slayer?" Why did they change the name?

Gecko4lif
killer had too much balls

roughrider
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
..."Slayer?" Why did they change the name?

Because the film is in trouble. That's why they delayed it from last summer to March of next year; re-branding is going on.

So, Nicolas Hoult is the boyfriend of Jennifer Lawrence? Guess that was another onscreen romance that spilled over.

Patient_Leech
"Slayer" rolls off the tongue a little more smoothly to me. I like it.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
"Slayer" rolls off the tongue a little more smoothly to me. I like it.

But this is an adaption of the story, and remake of the 1962 film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.