Depowered Tryant runs a growing gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Everyone knows the rules of the growing guantlet

No bfr.

1.Classic Quasar
2.Sentry
3.Genis Photon Vell
4.Stardust
5.Silver Surfer
6.Thor

Stoic
Tyrant would easily kill them all, and none of them would be able to give him much more than pause. A little bit of nothing, is still nothing. I base this off of Bill's, powered up hammer toss that was nearly ignored.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Stoic
Tyrant would easily kill them all, and none of them would be able to give him much more than pause. A little bit of nothing, is still nothing. I base this off of Bill's, powered up hammer toss that was nearly ignored. The heroes he faced were not as powerful as this group combined which is safe to say, plus they never really attacked as a group or even in 3 person group.

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
The heroes he faced were not as powerful as this group combined which is safe to say, plus they never really attacked as a group or even in 3 person group.

This is true, but Bill was wrecking planets with the same force that he threw his hammer at Tyrant, it really didn't register to Tyrant as you can remember, and thus i really have a hard time seeing or imagining, how the rest of this team would change things. I think that Tyrant was written at that time to be High Sky Father or above. These guys aren't really anything more than prey to Tyrant. i mean he was playing with that team. Imagine if he got serious, and poured everything that he had into every shot? Ugly right?

quanchi112
Tyrant, easily.

Nihilist
This is true, but Bill was wrecking planets with the same force that he threw his hammer at Tyrant, it really didn't register to Tyrant as you can remember, and thus i really have a hard time seeing or imagining, how the rest of this team would change things. I think that Tyrant was written at that time to be High Sky Father or above. These guys aren't really anything more than prey to Tyrant. i mean he was playing with that team. Imagine if he got serious, and poured everything that he had into every shot? Ugly right? In no way did Bill throw a planet busting hammer shot at Tyrant, hell Ganymede hurt Tyrant and she doesnt have planet busting power, acting like Bill goes around hitting with planet busting power with every strike is just plain wrong, its just like thinking Hulk goes around doing the same with every punch.

Stoic
In no way did Bill throw a planet busting hammer shot at Tyrant, hell Ganymede hurt Tyrant and she doesnt have planet busting power, acting like Bill goes around hitting with planet busting power with every strike is just plain wrong, its just like thinking Hulk goes around doing the same with every punch.

The Spinster girls had weapons made to particularly hurt Tyrant though, kind of like Drax's effect on Thanos. Bill was certainly not pulling his punches, after all his life was on the line. Tyrant really didn't intend on killing them because he wanted to use them as fuel. Remember? he didn't really pour it on. These guys are at the very least 2 to 4 tiers below Tyrant. It would be like comparing 6, 3 pound rabbits to a 500 pound lion. This is just my opinion, if you can't see it, then oh well....

carver9
Tyrant wins this easily. This thread will fade away soon.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually think Stoic is spot on here... I guess when we aren't talking about the Hulk we CAN agree lol

Stoic
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually think Stoic is spot on here... I guess when we aren't talking about the Hulk we CAN agree lol

Very funny Kurupt. Happy New Year.

zopzop
The Spinster girls had weapons made to particularly hurt Tyrant though, kind of like Drax's effect on Thanos. Bill was certainly not pulling his punches, after all his life was on the line. Tyrant really didn't intend on killing them because he wanted to use them as fuel. Remember? he didn't really pour it on. These guys are at the very least 2 to 4 tiers below Tyrant. It would be like comparing 6, 3 pound rabbits to a 500 pound lion. This is just my opinion, if you can't see it, then oh well....

It was proven on panel, that he didn't want them dead, even after they escaped and attacked him. Remember when Galactus showed up and got punked by Tyrant? While they were bartering, Tyrant said he wouldn't leave empty handed and wanted the hostages to fuel his ship.

He was never going all out against them, he wanted them alive.

Back on topic, DP Tyrant crushes this team/gauntlet.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Very funny Kurupt. Happy New Year.

Happy New Year buddy

guy222
happy new year all

tyrant ftw

TheLordofMurder
Team lasts only as long as Tyrant allows them to...

Tyrant spites them; they all die if Tyrant is feeling homicidal...

Otherwise they all end up fueling his tech...

dmills
Tyrant in a laugher.

Nihilist
The Spinster girls had weapons made to particularly hurt Tyrant though, kind of like Drax's effect on Thanos. Bill was certainly not pulling his punches, after all his life was on the line. Tyrant really didn't intend on killing them because he wanted to use them as fuel. Remember? he didn't really pour it on. These guys are at the very least 2 to 4 tiers below Tyrant. It would be like comparing 6, 3 pound rabbits to a 500 pound lion. This is just my opinion, if you can't see it, then oh well.... when Ganymede hurt Tyrant it wasnt with her weapon it was with a kick so your whole point is moot.

Stoic
when Ganymede hurt Tyrant it wasnt with her weapon it was with a kick so your whole point is moot.

1. Didn't Ganymede blast Tyrant in the back of the head with her staff, which took him completely by surprise? If she kicked him I simply don't recall nor is it an opening for you to make a case. It was simply a low showing.

2. How does his yelp somehow constitute weakness or make my point moot in any way? It's not as if he fell to the ground and had to recover. It was a sneak attack.

3. Why is it that my post was the only one singled out of the lot where there are others who think the same? Are you holding onto a grudge, got sore butt? It's not my fault that your debating skills are nothing but brash, boastful and insulting. Example? GTFO, coward, STFU, listen son, idiot, you're stupid, -insert little blue lol face here-, you're retarded (even though I don't know how to spell, but uhm still).

4. This team that you came up with are obviously out of their depth? Everyone knows that Tyrant wasn't pouring it on during his battle with a team that you say is weak in comparison to the one in this thread, and even if it was, it's not by a margin that would sway anyone to think any different than they do now. At least it doesn't sway me.

It's my opinion that Tyrant crucifies them one at a time, or all at once. All you need to do now, is let this one go, you probably won't, but that will simply be on you. smile

Utrigita
1. Didn't Ganymede blast Tyrant in the back of the head with her staff, which took him completely by surprise? If she kicked him I simply don't recall nor is it an opening for you to make a case. It was simply a low showing.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/629/silversurferv3082281rgkv4.jpg

That is the only direct confrontation between the two I recall, but then again it's been a long time since I read the story.

guy222
happy new year

Sirius77
The only one on this list that's iffy is Genis-Vell. I could see him having at least a chance. What does everyone else think?

Stoic
Originally posted by Sirius77
The only one on this list that's iffy is Genis-Vell. I could see him having at least a chance. What does everyone else think?

Not sure if I recall this but was Genis one of the team members that Tyrant put down when Thanos was after the Orb?

zopzop
Not sure if I recall this but was Genis one of the team members that Tyrant put down when Thanos was after the Orb?

Yes and easily.

Sirius77
Was it during his legacy era?

Stoic

This is a good question, Zop you know the answer to this? Do you think that it would make a large difference, when you take into account that Tyrant wasn't going all out?

Sirius77
This is a good question, Zop you know the answer to this? Do you think that it would make a large difference, when you take into account that Tyrant wasn't going all out?

Hmmm, good point. I see dp tyrant as a high level skyfather judging by who he fought and how effortlessly he did so. Genis in his prime was on King Thor's level at least. I was just wondering how you think it would go.

Sirius77
Because tbh, I don't really know that much about tyrant, but Genis is one of my favs, however, if he loses he loses lol.

Stoic
Hmmm, good point. I see dp tyrant as a high level skyfather judging by who he fought and how effortlessly he did so. Genis in his prime was on King Thor's level at least. I was just wondering how you think it would go.

What makes you say that Genis was on King Thor's level? I'm asking because I never really took to Genis-Vell, although later I became interested. Do you have any examples that put him on this level?

zopzop

I think it was. The Cosmic Powers issue dedicated to him in that arc said "Cosmic Powers : Legacy".
http://marvel.wikia.com/Cosmic_Powers_Vol_1_4

Sirius77
What makes you say that Genis was on King Thor's level? I'm asking because I never really took to Genis-Vell, although later I became interested. Do you have any examples that put him on this level?

He took on king thor in his run as captain marvel while he was insane. They seemed to be equal.

Sirius77
Originally posted by zopzop
I think it was. The Cosmic Powers issue dedicated to him in that arc said "Cosmic Powers : Legacy".
http://marvel.wikia.com/Cosmic_Powers_Vol_1_4

That makes sense. I'm surprised that he wasn't killed by tyrant tbh. As photon/ captain marvel, he was a lot more powerful.

Mr Master

He took on king thor in his run as captain marvel while he was insane.

They seemed to be equal.
During Genis' insane levels, Tyrant would be a bug next to Genis.

Insane Genis > King Thor btw (by a loooong shot)

I have the arc it's one of my favs, the dialogue in the story is simply juicy but ...
King Thor was basically in awe of what Genis could do.

guy222
thumb up

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mr Master
During Genis' insane levels, Tyrant would be a bug next to Genis.

Insane Genis > King Thor btw (by a loooong shot)

I have the arc it's one of my favs, the dialogue in the story is simply juicy but ...
King Thor was basically in awe of what Genis could do.

thumb up

Okay, because I vaguely remember someone having a premonition in which Genis and King thor face off, and Genis ends up gaining the upper hand (effing up asgard or something?). He seemed to kind of laugh off everything asgard threw at him from what I remember. I'd have to re-read it, it's been awhile.

Definitely, it solidified Genis as one of my favorite characters as well, I hate it that he was killed off in Thunderbolts. It would have been interesting to see how he reacted to seige and the dark avengers and such.

Stoic
thumb up

Okay, because I vaguely remember someone having a premonition in which Genis and King thor face off, and Genis ends up gaining the upper hand (effing up asgard or something?). He seemed to kind of laugh off everything asgard threw at him from what I remember. I'd have to re-read it, it's been awhile.

Definitely, it solidified Genis as one of my favorite characters as well, I hate it that he was killed off in Thunderbolts. It would have been interesting to see how he reacted to seige and the dark avengers and such.

Marvel has a way of eliminating the guys that are too big for the show room. They need to stop with this type of crap. I mean surely they could come up with heavy cosmic adventures with guys of this level. Look what they did to Korvak for example, he had huge potential.

Sirius77
Yeah, I completely agree. They take a character that wasn't all that interesting to begin with, make him awesome, and then do away with him. Honestly, I saw the same formula with sentry. The only one that they've consistently kept is thanos. Oh well, I guess they just don't like the Vells? They did the same to phyla and cm lol.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Utrigita
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/629/silversurferv3082281rgkv4.jpg

That is the only direct confrontation between the two I recall, but then again it's been a long time since I read the story. Thats from the Surfer arc isnt it, i was talking about cosmic powers unlimited.

Utrigita
Thats from the Surfer arc isnt it, i was talking about cosmic powers unlimited.

I merely posted the incident I recalled mate, that was all.

edit: found the other one.

http://imageshack.us/f/851/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.jpg/

Yeah looks like Tyrant was affected by a kick from the Priest, however a part of it also looks like the staff hits Tyrant. I really don't know...

Nihilist
Originally posted by Utrigita
I merely posted the incident I recalled mate, that was all.

edit: found the other one.

http://imageshack.us/f/851/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.jpg/

Yeah looks like Tyrant was affected by a kick from the Priest, however a part of it also looks like the staff hits Tyrant. I really don't know... No probs, its just thats what i was talking about thats all.

Utrigita
No probs, its just thats what i was talking about thats all.

Cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.