Would you like to see a Venom movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Enzeru
Venom is one of my favorite characters. At least his Eddie Brock versions. Would you enjoy to see a movie? Do you think the character could carry a story?

Like for example, where he is near death and the symbiote produces Carnage. Venom survives and has to take down Carnage, who kills people all over the place and so on.

Supermutant
That would be a nice change up to another Spider-man origin story.

Kazenji
Whatever happen to the Venom movie that was planned?

Patient_Leech
I only want to see a Venom movie if they cast him properly. Topher Grace was a horrendous choice. Somebody like Henry Rollins...

Kazenji
Topher Grace would've been better playing Peter Parker.

lvly36
yeah definitely Happy Dance
why not . i'll surely see this

texas27
eddie brock
i gotta say, good acting can only compensate for so much, my friend said eddie brock should be played by LESNAR half joking but the dude embodies the role,

he don't need to act good, he needs to show up on set and be himself, a bully, arrogant, cocky angry individual, he is all those things

if not him another possibly good choice would be

GERARD BUTLER imagine him delivering his line, theres no more eddie brock now!, we call ourselves venommmmmm

a kin to this is SPARTA! hahaha

am i wrong?

acually the true embodyment of this character would be BIFF TANNEN from back to the future, biff is eddie brock incarnate, but alas i think he is way too old now to play this role,,, sucks so bad cuz he's perfect in every sense of the character

rotiart
When I think Eddie Brock I think of a guy that's like 6 feet and with a middle weight or heavy weight boxer physique. That angry I will punch you in the face to break your jaw look.

Kazenji
Josh Trank (Chronicle) Eyes Spider-Man Spinoff, Venom

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169799-josh-trank-eyes-spider-man-spinoff-venom

roughrider
Even if this was to happen, how many years away would this be? They have to re-introduce Eddie Brock all over again after the reboot film this July. Past continuity with Topher Grace should be eliminated by ASM. The next Spidey film could come by 2014, at the earliest. If Venom is in that...

And I thought this director was more interested in the Fantastic Four reboot.

Kazenji
Venom movie may tie into the new Spider-Man movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91345

SamZED
Seriously doubt they'll ever make a Venom movie.

DARTH POWER
Oh yeah, I'd watch that!

Originally posted by Supermutant
That would be a nice change up to another Spider-man origin story.

Is TAS another origin story though? I'm not sure that it is.

juggerman
it is

DARTH POWER
^ Well that's not very smart. To retell his origin every 10 years.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SamZED
Seriously doubt they'll ever make a Venom movie.

Oh you do... do you ?

The planned Venom spin-off to possibly have Carnage in it too

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=98083

SamZED
Originally posted by Kazenji
Oh you do... do you ?

The planned Venom spin-off to possibly have Carnage in it too

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=98083 Two year later and you finally got to rub it in my face.stick out tongue

I'll believe it when I see the trailer. Not sure it's such a good idea though.

StiltmanFTW
Funny how quickly time passes by.

Kazenji

I'll believe it when I see the trailer. Not sure it's such a good idea though.

Same goes for that supposed Deadpool movie

seems every couple of months something pops up.

StiltmanFTW
Remember rumours about Magneto movie? lol

SamZED
And now they're talking Gambit again. Ugh...

Kazenji
Channing Tatum might play him

i'd rather them get Taylor Kitsch back for that role.

SamZED
I stopped watching all the Deadpool interviews. Every few months Reynolds or someone else says something like "It's coming! We're very excited! Don't know when though...".

DARTH POWER

I'll believe it when I see the trailer.

It will happen. Sony wants to try and copy Marvel studios by expanding on the Spiderman Universe as much as they possibly can. Venom the first obvious step in that process.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Remember rumours about Magneto movie? lol

I think that became X-Men: First Class.

SamZED
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
It will happen. Sony wants to try and copy Marvel studios by expanding on the Spiderman Universe as much as they possibly can. Venom the first obvious step in I'm not sure it's such a good idea tbh. Can't even imagine a trailer for it. A guy who is kind of like Spider-man (webswinging and all) except he's not Spider-man. General public might not like that.

DARTH POWER
I'm not sure it's such a good idea tbh. Can't even imagine a trailer for it. A guy who is kind of like Spider-man (webswinging and all) except he's not Spider-man. General public might not like that.

I'm not sure either about how well it would do. Would be a big risk too since Spider-Man movies tend to cost a lot, so I'm guessing Venom wouldn't be cheap either.

But they are intent on the whole "Spider-Man villains" movies. Since they only have the rights to Spider-Man they're limited on other Super-heroes they can use to form their own Marvel comics cinematic universe.

BlackZero30x
Idk It may do ok. Venom seems to be a pretty popular character. They may also not go the whole web swinging route. I they might make him kinda like the one from the Ultimate Spider-Man game.

forestlaw
It would be great to see Venom in new Spider-Man movie version.
The last venom played by Grace was a joke in my opinion.

DARTH POWER
Soo ooo, Apparently this is confirmed for 2017. A year after Sinister Six.

OnslaughtKILLS
Hell yes.

Lethal Protector style.

If they decide to take creative liberties with Venom however, I certainly will not be happy. I feel like Venom doesn't have the same power he once did in the 90s but a movie done right could make him a major player in the comicverse once again.

SamZED
Links anyone?

DARTH POWER
Links anyone?

It's very easy to google as it was a big announcement, but here:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/04/venom-movie-now-called-venom-carnage

A female superhero from the Spider-Man Universe is also confirmed for 2016:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/spider-man-which-female-character-will-get-her-own-movie

roughrider
I'd bet with some people on here that we won't see any Venom movie anytime soon, if at all, but there's no way to collect on that bet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.