The Herald obstacle course...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dmills
Superman
Thor
Silver Surfer
Quasar
Green Lantern Kyle
Nova Prime
Captain Atom
Firestorm

The Heralds are summoned by the Grandmaster and Mr. Mxy to participate in a cosmic obstacle course. The winner receives one wish to change/alter/modify an important event in their life upon completion of the course. Upon completion of one challenge the herald is immediately warped into the next obstacle with no break in the action inbetween. No stargating, or warping around the obstacles.

The obstacles are as follows;

1) Make it through an asteroid belt rigged so that the asteroids -hundreds of thousands, each one the size of Texas- are hurled at you at sub lightspeed like heat seeking missiles.

2) Continuing from the first, but this time a contingent of Kree Sentinels -100- are teleported into the fray in addition to the asteroids, remotely controlled by Gamora. They're of course, out for the kill.

3) Warped into the heart of the Annihilation wave, supported by the Kree sentinels controlled by Gamora.

4) Same as 3, but Annihilus (sans q-bands) himself joins the combat.

5) The finish line. Fly head on into a neutron star all the way through to the other side. We already know about the incredible gravity/mass these things contain. But what people overlook is the tremendous amount of heat that they contain with surface heat orders of magnitude hotter then that of a normal star. They make it, and the Grandmaster/Mxy is waiting for them on the other side.

Ok so there we have it. Who makes it to the end? Where do they stop? And what do they wish for if they make it through?

JakeTheBank
Superman clears it. His wish? Imo, it would be saving Johnathan Kent from the heartache he suffered during the "Brainiac" arc. Though, you could definitely argue that Superman wouldn't use a wish solely for personal gain and instead would use it during a chaotic event such as Final Crisis or OWAW to save more than one life.

I think Thor and Norrin clear it, too.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman clears it. His wish? Imo, it would be saving Johnathan Kent from the heartache he suffered during the "Brainiac" arc. Though, you could definitely argue that Superman wouldn't use a wish solely for personal gain and instead would use it during a chaotic event such as Final Crisis or OWAW to save more than one life.

I think Thor and Norrin clear it, too.

You think they take Annihilus as portrayed in Annihilation supported by the wave ie; Seekers, Centurions, Flagships et al?

JakeTheBank
With the right motivation? Yes.

abhilegend
All high heralds clear it except quasar and kyle. Rest don't.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
With the right motivation? Yes.

You raise something. I don't think that the wish in and if itself is motivation enough for guys with the character that Supes, Thor etc have. They have to stand to lose something as well. Hmmm...

Thor- Forced to watch Sif killed over and over again consecutively as he is Powerless to stop it from happening.

Superman- Everyone that he loves dearly, loathes him.

Quasar- Spend all eternity in a disembodied state, not being able to interact with anyone or anything.

Nova- Forced to fail over and over again in every major task he's ever been faced with. Earth gets obliterated by the death storm, fails to stop the A-Wave etc.

Surfer- Loses his last bit of benevolence and becomes incapable of positive emotions, becomes cold and callous in seeking out worlds for Galactus.

Firestorm- Loses control of the matrix, spends the rest of his life as a prisoner in a mindless, souless shell.

Captain Atom- Becomes Monarch. Lives his life as an evil cold-hearted dictator.

Kyle- Becomes a Black Lantern

Bouboumaster
Surfer wins all of them, and easely at that: Not only he's the fastest here, but he can go intengible. So, there you go.

dmills
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer wins all of them, and easely at that: Not only he's the fastest here, but he can go intengible. So, there you go.

If he goes intangible then he's out. No cheap tricks or Mxy will know it and then immediately send him to his fate. Same goes for any type of vibration, stargates, warping etc. They have to physically go through the process.

SquallX
Originally posted by dmills
If he goes intangible then he's out. No cheap tricks or Mxy will know it and then immediately send him to his fate. Same goes for any type of vibration, stargates, warping etc. They have to physically go through the process.

Then you why put Fire Storm in this.

Fire Storm's powers are for him to be cheap, he can't act like Superman by behaving like a brick, or he'll die pretty quick.

Sirius77
If they're just bricking it with just flight, strength, speed, durability, etc, then I can really only see Superman and Thor making it out. If they're allowed to manipulate energy and such, then the number of finalists would increase of course.

Are they allowed to manipulate energy, as in "energy blasts" and the like?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman/Thor/Surfer.

rotiart
If Kyle clears it... Which I doubt... But if he does...
He asks for the durability to handle all seven rings again...

Cause that was fairly badass.

dmills
Originally posted by Sirius77
If they're just bricking it with just flight, strength, speed, durability, etc, then I can really only see Superman and Thor making it out. If they're allowed to manipulate energy and such, then the number of finalists would increase of course.

Are they allowed to manipulate energy, as in "energy blasts" and the like?

Yes. They can make use of whatever abilities are in their disposal that will aide them so long as they physically go through the actual scenarios. Stuff that'll help them slide by undetected or to go around etc are grounds for automatic disqualification.

For example, Firestorm can turn some of the asteroids into glass or whatever, but can he use that power on that scale to do all of them? Let's attempt to keep it within reason here.

Sirius77
Okay, then in that case, Superman, Thor and Surfer make it out. If Kyle were at classic levels, he definitely would too.

Wang Monkey2

dmills
Okay, then in that case, Superman, Thor and Surfer make it out. If Kyle were at classic levels, he definitely would too.

You think so huh? Hmm, I thought most would see that last obstacle as all but insurmountable.

vince_slice
Is Annihilus actively trying to take them down? And do they simply have to zip past him, or defeat him first before they pass him.

dmills
Originally posted by vince_slice
Is Annihilus actively trying to take them down? And do they simply have to zip past him, or defeat him first before they pass him.

Yes, Annihilus, his forces and 100 Kree Sentinels controlled by Gamora are actively trying to take them down. They have 5 minutes before the portal to the next challenge opens. Once the portal opens, they have to find it.

Sirius77
Originally posted by dmills
You think so huh? Hmm, I thought most would see that last obstacle as all but insurmountable.

I know superman can take a neutron start, and I imagine that the other two can as well.

They dont have to actually fight grand master and Myx do they lol....?

dmills
I know superman can take a neutron start, and I imagine that the other two can as well.

They dont have to actually fight grand master and Myx do they lol....?

Sorry, I meant the forth challenge smile Annihilus et al.

Sirius77
Yeah I don't see it being far off to say that they can fight their way through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.