Thor vs Superman(blue)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
http://i.newsarama.com/images/3.%20Asmodel%20VS%20Superman%20Electric.jpg

vs

http://redsectorart.com/immagini/comm_images/mangog02.jpg?image_id=214

JakeTheBank
Thor.

cdtm
Superman Blue.

IMO, Superman Blue beats Superman too.

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm
Superman Blue.

IMO, Superman Blue beats Superman too.

Don't you think Superman Blue being composed of energy is going to hurt him a little with this battle and Thor's mallet?

I would give this one to Thor.

cdtm
Originally posted by snowdragon
Don't you think Superman Blue being composed of energy is going to hurt him a little with this battle and Thor's mallet?

I would give this one to Thor.

Surfers composed of energy too.

The thing is, Superman Blue has an even bigger speed advantage than mainstream Superman does. Lightray was even unsure whether he was still faster than him, and he's much faster than standard Supes.

snowdragon
Surfers composed of energy too.

The thing is, Superman Blue has an even bigger speed advantage than mainstream Superman does. Lightray was even unsure whether he was still faster than him, and he's much faster than standard Supes.

Surfer isn't specifically made up of energy the way Superman Blue is but to each their own.

cdtm
How does Thor usually do against Monica Rambeau?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odinson wins here. He'll have an easier time than he would with the classic brick power set.

Superman Blue was extremely skilled with his powers near the end (Although his containment suit could be a liability here) but his energy based power set will back fire here as Thor will almost certainly tap into his energy manipulation powers more than usual and Mjolnir > Superman.

How does Thor usually do against Monica Rambeau?

The one time they've fought was in a What If. IIRC, she tried blitzing Thor in her energy form and he simply absorbed her into Mjolnir, then blasted her out unconscious.

They might have had an encounter in the Busiek era but I don't think they've ever really fought besides that battle I mentioned.

Tbh, Mjolnir has enough showings without needing an encounter with Monica.

cdtm
He "could" theoretically manipulate Supermans energy.

But I'm betting not before Supes takes him out. Thor's been been hurt or KOed by energy manipulators before, and it's not like the hammer's going to automatically kill any offense Supes tries.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He "could" theoretically manipulate Supermans energy.

But I'm betting not before Supes takes him out. Thor's been been hurt or KOed by energy manipulators before, and it's not like the hammer's going to automatically kill any offense Supes tries.

I don't think it's only a possibility but a likely outcome once he starts getting exotic.

Yea, somehow I don't think it'll be as straight forward as that. If Thor uses it to counter Superman's attacks, it will. On top of that, with his incredibly energy durability, he can tank even Superman's best (For a period of time) which I think will happen at some point because Thor's stubborn.

Sirius77
Blue energy supes. He actually has good showings of resistance against energy drain, and even reversal of such. Besides that, he's implied to be faster than original supes (take that as you will, as he is being compared to late 90's 'morrison?' superman), and did some pretty ridiculous things with energy as far as absorption and output are concerned.

So while I don't see either's absorption or output abilities potentially being a game-ender for the other, I do believe that this will most than likely end-up as a slug-fest light show, with both showing a wide array of energy manip and such. My vote is for blue supes though.

abhilegend
Superman blue wins. Thor isn't going to absorb him directly at the start anyway. He even outraced flash and at last when superman red circled entire world wally stated that he had trouble even seeing him. He could always block thor's neural transmissions and physical attacks against him are useless as he can go intangible and absorb kinetic energy of blows. Thor's only option is energy absorption while blue has many options to choose.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sirius77
Blue energy supes. He actually has good showings of resistance against energy drain, and even reversal of such.

He drained Parasite dry. big grin

Prep-Man
Didn't Thor get taken (temp) by Wonder Man? Someone who is inferior to Supes.

Q99
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Didn't Thor get taken (temp) by Wonder Man? Someone who is inferior to Supes.

Not exactly a normal showing for him.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Not exactly a normal showing for him.

Nor one that happened, to my knowledge.

Wonder Man toppled Thor with a sucker punch, but claimed even his strongest punch couldn't actually hurt him.

megamorph
Superman(blue)

cdtm
So, do we treat Superman Blue and Superman Red like the same character?

Wondering how Superman Red would do compared to Blue. They did have different personalities..

carver9
I would give Superman blue the majority against Superboy Prime. Thor loses here and badly at that.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
I would give Superman blue the majority against Superboy Prime. Thor loses here and badly at that.

Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.