World Breaker Hulk vs. Superman (Blue)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Who wins?

cdtm
Probably Superman. If he can drain Parasite dry, even almost accidentally killing him, he should be able to drain Hulk.

And the fact he's immaterial energy makes Hulks options slim.

carver9
Superman blue wins 6/10.

abhilegend
Blue wins all day. Physical blows against him are useless and he blocks hulk's neural transmissions effectively paralyzing him.

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
Probably Superman. If he can drain Parasite dry, even almost accidentally killing him, he should be able to drain Hulk.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by abhilegend
Blue wins all day. Physical blows against him are useless and he blocks hulk's neural transmissions effectively paralyzing him. he suit can be shredded and compromising him... erm

abhilegend
^He became intangible and absorbed all the kinetic energy of punches from wonder woman while intangible. Physical assaults are useless against him.

Nietzschean
^He became intangible and absorbed all the kinetic energy of punches from wonder woman while intangible. Physical assaults are useless against him. I am not aware of the Wonder Woman fight.

I am aware that superman could absorb energy attacks and go intangible but not actually do them both at the same time.

do u have any scans?

abhilegend
^Not at the moment. The scan in respect thread is broken. I'll look for it.

Nietzschean
I've found them...
now ppl can make up their own minds rather than rely on others interpretations of events.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=405733&pagenumber=5

abhilegend
Ah, found it

Originally posted by Avlon
Owns Kyle and Wonder Woman, and outspeeds Flash.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6121/jlasecretfiles0125ik7.th.jpghttp://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8914/jlasecretfiles0126oy5.th.jpghttp://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6938/jlasecretfiles0127em3.th.jpghttp://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7449/jlasecretfiles0128ih3.th.jpg

So, what was wrong with my interpretation?

TheHulk
I'll Give The Slight To Blue Superman Or Endless Stalemate..

Stoic
Anyone thinking that draining Hulk will work are mistaken. This is the World breaker, not the Savage one. The only drainage that will be done is from the source that he gets his energy from.

Wow those would be great lyrics for a song. rock

abhilegend
^Who said that blue would've to drain hulk to win. He can just stop hulk's neural transmissions paralyzing him.

TheHulk
^Who said that blue would've to drain hulk to win. He can just stop hulk's neural transmissions paralyzing him. Neural Transmissions???

JakeTheBank
aka shut down his brain.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulk
Neural Transmissions???
You know the signals brain sends to muscles for them to move. Blue stopped them in kyle preventing him from doing anything.

TheHulk
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
aka shut down his brain. I know that i just find it one of the weirdest ability....

TheHulk
You know the signals brain sends to muscles for them to move. Blue stopped them in kyle preventing him from doing anything. lolololol i wonder if superman will even bother doing that to savage hulk...

Stoic
^Who said that blue would've to drain hulk to win. He can just stop hulk's neural transmissions paralyzing him.

What if that didn't work? Not saying that it wouldn't, but what if?

abhilegend
What if quan says thanos loses? It's meaningless to ponder. He can always absorb his energies or bfr him.

TheHulk
Originally posted by Stoic
What if that didn't work? Not saying that it wouldn't, but what if? And Why Wouldn't it work(p.s If It Did not work Than Supes f*cked)i mean we never seen hulk getting his brain shut down nor has he have evidence he can avoid it,but than again if jean grey managed to ENTER HULKS MIND to shut down banners Influence doesn't that give a slight indication someone CAN enter hulks mind to meddle with it....than again hulk was the one who allowed it to happen while other times when people like emma frost and prof x tried to screw with hulks mind and hulk didn't like that, they failed...

TheHulk
What if quan says thanos loses? It's meaningless to ponder. He can always absorb his energies or bfr him. Is It Even Possible To Absorb Limitless About Of Energy....

abhilegend
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Tolos in Supermans body claims the body has beyond infinite potential.
This is a being who survives by taking the bodies of powerful hosts, so he knows what he's talking about.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supsbad2.jpg

DarkSaint85
When Hulk fights Zzaxx, does Z ever try manipulating the neural transmissions in the Hulk? What is the outcome? Because I would say that this would be a very different sort of attack to what Jean or Prof X throws at him...

TheHulk
You Do Know There Is No Such Thing As Beyond Infinite Right???..there is 100% percent no way you can make it logical....

DarkSaint85
You Do Know There Is No Such Thing As Beyond Infinite Right???..there is 100% percent no way you can make it logical....

It means that just as the Hulk's power can increase with his rage (which, as you psychiatrist uncle told you, is infinite) Superman Blue can absorb BEYOND it!! stick out tongue

abhilegend
You know, you're trying this on a guy who lifted infinite weight on panel, right.

TheHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It means that just as the Hulk's power can increase with his rage (which, as you psychiatrist uncle told you, is infinite) Superman Blue can absorb BEYOND it!! stick out tongue Which is like tghe unstoppable force meeting the immovable object and as All-Star Superman Says ''They Surrender''

TheHulk
You know, you're trying this on a guy who lifted infinite weight on panel, right. Half Of Infinity but yet still struggle in fights holding back or none holding back face it dude that was just a writer not knowing what he was ''writing''...

abhilegend
Half Of Infinity but yet still struggle in fights holding back or none holding back face it dude that was just a writer not knowing what he was ''writing''...
And? It's still canon. What can hulk do here? Strength is meaningless here. Stopping his muscles from moving means blue wins without doing anything else.

TheHulk
And? It's still canon. What can hulk do here? Strength is meaningless here. Stopping his muscles from moving means blue wins without doing anything else. *Sign*Ohh i don't know maybe Hulk can resist it....have you thought of that...

abhilegend
^How?

Q99
You know, there's a good argument for SM Blue being Trans tier.

That combined with intangibility like he showed against Diana, striked me as a solid win.

-Pr-
Half Of Infinity but yet still struggle in fights holding back or none holding back face it dude that was just a writer not knowing what he was ''writing''...

1. Half of infinity is still infinity.
2. It was Grant Morrison. Don't diss him.

Juntai
And Why Wouldn't it work(p.s If It Did not work Than Supes f*cked)i mean we never seen hulk getting his brain shut down nor has he have evidence he can avoid it,but than again if jean grey managed to ENTER HULKS MIND to shut down banners Influence doesn't that give a slight indication someone CAN enter hulks mind to meddle with it....than again hulk was the one who allowed it to happen while other times when people like emma frost and prof x tried to screw with hulks mind and hulk didn't like that, they failed... The difference is that you don't enter their mind via telepathy in Superman Blue's case, you simply control all his bodily impulses.

janus77
Hulk grabs Superman and rips him in half.
Energy "intangibility" is no defence against Hulk. He has a long list of such feats... Zaxx is a good example of how Hulk can fight energy.

abhilegend
^Lulz.

janus77
is that Superman meant to look Indian on purpose?

abhilegend
^What do you mean?

carver9
What if that didn't work? Not saying that it wouldn't, but what if?

Trust me...it won't work. Everything that has happened to Hulk mentally never works against the character. Superman isn't shutting his brain down...sorry.

Parmaniac

cdtm
we never seen hulk getting his brain shut down

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/WarlockInfinityWatch13-17.jpg

carver9
Professor Hulk = WWH or WBH?

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Professor Hulk = WWH or WBH?

= he's wrong about never seeing Hulk getting his brain shut down.

Proff Hulk = a Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
= he's wrong about never seeing Hulk getting his brain shut down.

Proff Hulk = a Hulk.

Savage Hulk and WWH can overcome mind attacks for numerous of reasons. Professor Hulk can't overcome them for obvious reasons. Think about it.

DarkSaint85
But its not quite the same as a mental attack - its more Superman controlling the electricity in his brain, like Jenny Sparks or Magneto. Which is why I asked earlier if Zzaxx ever tried it, and if so, what was the outcome.

Stoic
But its not quite the same as a mental attack - its more Superman controlling the electricity in his brain, like Jenny Sparks or Magneto. Which is why I asked earlier if Zzaxx ever tried it, and if so, what was the outcome.

There's really no proof on either side that it would or wouldn't work 100%. There seems to be this general belief though that since guys like the Surfer, Thor, Superman, and yes energy based Superman would just walk away with 100% of the victories against the Hulk, while not giving any means of a doubt, that the hulk might be able to literally beat the living hell out of them, and resist many of their huge assaults. Most people forget, or may want to ignore how much of a beast that the World Breaker is, but it doesn't negate the fact, that any Herald level character would be in very real danger of losing if being faced by this brute.

DarkSaint85
There's really no proof on either side that it would or wouldn't work 100%. There seems to be this general belief though that since guys like the Surfer, Thor, Superman, and yes energy based Superman would just walk away with 100% of the victories against the Hulk, while not giving any means of a doubt, that the hulk might be able to literally beat the living hell out of them, and resist many of their huge assaults. Most people forget, or may want to ignore how much of a beast that the World Breaker is, but it doesn't negate the fact, that any Herald level character would be in very real danger of losing if being faced by this brute.

No, I get your point - but I guess if the Hulk side could show him resisting someone controlling his brain's electrical impulses, then they can argue he can resist Superman's attempts.

And if Superman fans can show that he can indeed control someone's electrical impulses, then they can argue that he could control the Hulk's. Then it comes down to power levels.

At the moment, what I am unclear about, is whether the Hulk has the powerset to resist it in the first place. abhilegend is convinced that Supes has the ability, and that he did it to Kyle - could he please prove it with scans?

Stoic
No, I get your point - but I guess if the Hulk side could show him resisting someone controlling his brain's electrical impulses, then they can argue he can resist Superman's attempts.

And if Superman fans can show that he can indeed control someone's electrical impulses, then they can argue that he could control the Hulk's. Then it comes down to power levels.

At the moment, what I am unclear about, is whether the Hulk has the powerset to resist it in the first place. abhilegend is convinced that Supes has the ability, and that he did it to Kyle - could he please prove it with scans?

The difference in Kyle and the Hulk is that they both have very different physiology's. Things that would shut down or outright kill a human would. and has had less of an effect on the Hulk. During HOTM when he went nearly full on ass crazy are those moments that stopping him is nearly impossible. This is what many people are not seeing. The idea that the Hulk can not confront an intangible being flies in the face of the times that he has. he can even see or detect invisible opponents. he has the ability to hit a target without most people being aware that it is even there. In terms of HOTM and his symbiotic binding to Banner, it may be a bad idea to shut down his brain on any level. As we saw, The Hulk without Banner in the past has proven to make him all the more deadly .Banner up until recently was the restraint. This is why it may not be 100% that such a tactic will work.

Sin I AM
i think it pis/cis that people like professor x, emma, etc arent able to pawn hulk mentally (due to rage, multiple personas, etc) whe they have shown time and time again to be able to affect multiple people at the same time

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i think it pis/cis that people like professor x, emma, etc arent able to pawn hulk mentally (due to rage, multiple personas, etc) whe they have shown time and time again to be able to affect multiple people at the same time

There are just characters out there that are simply resistant to these forms of attacks. Look at Lobo for example. You have to be willing to give certain characters the benefit of doubt and throw the CIS/PIS rule out if those characters have resisted or simply ignored TP assaults. So if the Hulk resists this form of attack in the future, no one should be overly surprised.

DarkSaint85
But that's the thing - its NOT a mental assault. Its more akin to something Jenny Sparks does, or Magneto would do. Its a physical effect, he's controlling the electricity in the Hulk's body.

Its like arguing that the Hulk can resist the Flash's speedsteal, for instance.

Sirius77
I don't think that supes needs to shut down his brain to win. Even though he can.

Stoic
But that's the thing - its NOT a mental assault. Its more akin to something Jenny Sparks does, or Magneto would do. Its a physical effect, he's controlling the electricity in the Hulk's body.

Its like arguing that the Hulk can resist the Flash's speedsteal, for instance.

I know what it is, the question here is if it would work on someone that has the Hulk's peculiar physiology? Kyle and the rest of the people that it would work against are different. If it can work on him then this fight would be over in one panel, but if it doesn't Superman Blue would have a big bogey on his hands, and I'm not completely convinced that he could take this.

Sin I AM
There are just characters out there that are simply resistant to these forms of attacks. Look at Lobo for example. You have to be willing to give certain characters the benefit of doubt and throw the CIS/PIS rule out if those characters have resisted or simply ignored TP assaults. So if the Hulk resists this form of attack in the future, no one should be overly surprised.

i understand that he's resistant, but the explanation for said resistance is what gets me...imo it would be harder to control 10 ten people with separate personalities than one person with 10. but alas im not a writer yet

DarkSaint85
I know what it is, the question here is if it would work on someone that has the Hulk's peculiar physiology? Kyle and the rest of the people that it would work against are different. If it can work on him then this fight would be over in one panel, but if it doesn't Superman Blue would have a big bogey on his hands, and I'm not completely convinced that he could take this.

Has anyone ever tried it on the Hulk, only for it to fail?

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i understand that he's resistant, but the explanation for said resistance is what gets me...imo it would be harder to control 10 ten people with separate personalities than one person with 10. but alas im not a writer yet

Some charcaters just don't do logical. The thought of one of Banners personalities manifesting in the real world is kind of a cool concept, and if Marvel doesn't drop the ball on this one like they did to the Sentry, they could have a very good story to work with.

Zack Fair
Superman.

Prep-Man
supes.

TheHulk
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk grabs Superman and rips him in half.
Energy "intangibility" is no defence against Hulk. He has a long list of such feats... Zaxx is a good example of how Hulk can fight energy. Janus I don't think that's a actual thing.

TheHulk
There's really no proof on either side that it would or wouldn't work 100%. There seems to be this general belief though that since guys like the Surfer, Thor, Superman, and yes energy based Superman would just walk away with 100% of the victories against the Hulk, while not giving any means of a doubt, that the hulk might be able to literally beat the living hell out of them, and resist many of their huge assaults. Most people forget, or may want to ignore how much of a beast that the World Breaker is, but it doesn't negate the fact, that any Herald level character would be in very real danger of losing if being faced by this brute. What the f**k? This Is Almost What I Said......SERIOUSLY! Do I Got To Kill Somebody So You Can Take Me Seriously!!!

TheHulk

OneDumbG0
For the record, Savage Hulk has easily shrugged off disruption directed at his nervous system and internal motor responses. It probably won't matter though. Maybe there's evidence that Superman Blue uses this tactic all the time and, apparently, that it's never failed the many times he's used it.

TheHulk
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
For the record, Savage Hulk has easily shrugged off disruption directed at his nervous system and internal motor responses. It probably won't matter though. Maybe there's evidence that Superman Blue uses this tactic all the time and, apparently, that it's never failed the many times he's used it. And it also depends how powerful superman blue ability is

Prep-Man
Supes blue was pretty powerful at the end.

OneDumbG0
^ Appeared to be Surfer-lite to me. Emphasis on "lite."

Obviously, to some that in itself may be more than enough.

TheHulk

Obviously, to some that in itself may be more than enough. thumb up

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

psycho gundam
Hulk can grab energy like a physical object, just saying

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Savage Hulk's done that numerous times.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/grabshield1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/grabshield2.jpg

that flame was a deviant weapon to use against the celestials

Prep-Man

Obviously, to some that in itself may be more than enough.

Agreed.

Igniz
Superman(Blue)

TheHulk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Hulk can grab energy like a physical object, just saying You don't very much say who wins in hulk threads very much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.