CISless Surfer vs CISless Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins? No bfring.

Starscream M
tough one...I'd go with Thor.

carver9
I'm giving it to Surfer. Creates a black hole in the brain while going intangible or materialize adamantium around Thor body and blast him to death.

JakeTheBank
Thor. I think Surfer has the greater range of abilities, but Mjolnir ultimately trumps most of the ones that would matter here.

Originally posted by carver9
I'm giving it to Surfer. Creates a black hole in the brain while going intangible or materialize adamantium around Thor body and blast him to death.

You mad.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor. I think Surfer has the greater range of abilities, but Mjolnir ultimately trumps most of the ones that would matter here.

You mad. how would thor deal with a blackhole (something I didn't factor when i gave it to thor)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
how would thor deal with a blackhole (something I didn't factor when i gave it to thor)

Mjolnir.

Starscream M
Mjolnir. great explanation jake...very convincing roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Surfer has too many options for this fight to lose even 1 battle. Surfer create clones to fight Thor while creating a black hole in his brain while Thor is busy fighting off the other clones.

JakeTheBank
great explanation jake...very convincing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks. thumb up

iceman24567
I'm giving it to Surfer. Creates a black hole in the brain while going intangible or materialize adamantium around Thor body and blast him to death. butthurt bait thread laughing

Damborgson

You mad. he's terribly butthurt.

Cogito
how would thor deal with a blackhole (something I didn't factor when i gave it to thor)

Bear with me here but...

Superman has held a black hole before. Green Lanterns have contained black holes before, IIRC. I don't think Superman's hands or a GLs constructs are any more durable than Thor, so given that...

Is it unreasonable to question if Thor's brain contain a black hole? mhmm

abhilegend
^Not a good example as superman has done many WTF things, not applicable to others. He has also punched out death, can thor do it too? Shields and durability are two different things. Surfer wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
^Not a good example as superman has done many WTF things, not applicable to others. He has also punched out death, can thor do it too? Shields and durability are two different things. Surfer wins.

Thor's done plenty of WTF things as well. Your example isn't a good one as there's stuff that Superman can't do that Thor can.

abhilegend
I never denied that, can thor rub his hand together and seal a hole in space-time or whistle and break mind-control.

h1a8
I'm not giving Thor any abilities beyond what he has shown.
With that said, Surfer beats Thor for a high majority.

The Black hole tactic will work.
The board from behind at a million times C will work.
The use of ftl speed and reflexes will work.
The use of trapping the hammer for a small moment will work.
The use of phasing will work.

Stoic
Mjolnir.

Even though Bill's Storm Breaker was unable to during the Storm Breaker mini?

TheLordofMurder
Who wins? No bfring.

Thor one shots him; Soul Suck...goodby Surfer...and all Thor has to do to make this happen is point Mjolnir at you and will it.

Stoic
Recently when they fought, I didn't see either of them pulling their punches. I'm also not sure who really won that battle.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thor one shots him; Soul Suck...goodby Surfer...and all Thor has to do to make this happen is point Mjolnir at you and will it.

He can't soul suck someone with resistance that can black hole him first, hit him with the board at 1 million c first, trap the hammer in a field first, move around ftl blasting the hell out of him first, etc.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
He can't soul suck someone with resistance that can black hole him first, hit him with the board at 1 million c first, trap the hammer in a field first, move around ftl blasting the hell out of him first, etc.

It also takes precious time to pray and perform this type of feat.It could be done if the Surfer were to be rendered dazed, but that seems unlikely. The Surfer actually has low level precognition, and without CIS he would be able to detect many of Thor's attacks before they are even launched. It's the reason why he and all of Galactus' other Heralds are able to move through a meteor storm faster than light without crashing.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Stoic
It also takes precious time to pray and perform this type of feat.It could be done if the Surfer were to be rendered dazed, but that seems unlikely. The Surfer actually has low level precognition, and without CIS he would be able to detect many of Thor's attacks before they are even launched. It's the reason why he and all of Galactus' other Heralds are able to move through a meteor storm faster than light without crashing. thought it was changed to simply being their perception combined with their longer distance jumps being hyperspace windows and not them actually traveling through space.

vince_slice
Recently when they fought, I didn't see either of them pulling their punches. I'm also not sure who really won that battle.

They looked dead even to me.

TheLordofMurder
It also takes precious time to pray and perform this type of feat.It could be done if the Surfer were to be rendered dazed, but that seems unlikely. The Surfer actually has low level precognition, and without CIS he would be able to detect many of Thor's attacks before they are even launched. It's the reason why he and all of Galactus' other Heralds are able to move through a meteor storm faster than light without crashing.

Re-read the issue of Thor where he killed Loki with this attack; no prayer required...

He literally pointed Mjolnir at Loki and willed it to happen...

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Re-read the issue of Thor where he killed Loki with this attack; no prayer required...

He literally pointed Mjolnir at Loki and willed it to happen...

I can believe this, I just always thought that he performed some sort of ritual before soul rending Loki. You have the scans of the conflict? It was so long ago, that I can't remember all of the context to it.

dmills
Damn CISless is a tough one. I'll prolly roll with Norrin via astral plane or some weird shyte.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Carver's so butthurt.

Surfer's speed is the big problem but Thor's countered it before. Gonna go with Thor.

Tbh, while I don't think referencing others is something that needs to be done, based on what I've seen, Thor would almost certainly handle counter a black hole. Still, it's speculation.

Also, Thor's beat up death before. smile

janus77
Surfer 3-shots him, as he did BRB.

non-holding back Surfer without CIS would be something like he was against UniLord.

Surfer is just too fast and too powerful for Thor to grapple with.

JakeTheBank
I never denied that, can thor rub his hand together and seal a hole in space-time or whistle and break mind-control.

That's about as relevant as asking Superman if he can globally manipulate storms and stop them all at a moment's notice or if can tear holes in space-time and teleport virtually anywhere he pleases or if he can absorb energies capable of destroying galaxies and harmlessly discharge them as he see's fit.

And for the record, Thor literally fought his way back from death, too.

DARTH POWER
Oh damn. Il be honest. This one's tough to call. I mean as powerful as a CISless Thor is a CISless Surfer might be just as deadly.

Buuuttt.. Think Il go with Thor, simply because Mjolnir can absorb anything Surfer blasts at Thor. Think that just gives Thor the advantage over Surfer.

iceman24567
Going with Thor

Damborgson
Originally posted by iceman24567
Going with Thor good man thumb up

abhilegend
That's about as relevant as asking Superman if he can globally manipulate storms and stop them all at a moment's notice or if can tear holes in space-time and teleport virtually anywhere he pleases or if he can absorb energies capable of destroying galaxies and harmlessly discharge them as he see's fit.

And for the record, Thor literally fought his way back from death, too.
My point exactly. There are things done by characters that are not imposable upon other characters. I would've reminded you of maggedon warhead.

dmills
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer 3-shots him, as he did BRB.

non-holding back Surfer without CIS would be something like he was against UniLord.

Surfer is just too fast and too powerful for Thor to grapple with.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/images-44.jpg

DarkSaint85
I don't understand these, I may just be a bit slow...

What does CISless mean? Does that not mean that they can use all of their powers?

In which case, isn't the phrase 'CIS off, no BFR allowed' an oxymoron?

Naija boy
With CIS off, surfer all day.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
With CIS off, surfer all day. how so?

Naija boy
^you are an idiot and I'd rather not engage you in any kind of discussion but for informative purposes I'll clarify why: smile

Surfer is a whole hell of a lot faster than Thor and with CIS off he gets to use that advantage to the fullest. Also Thor really has no answer to whacky tactics like black hole in the retina etc. Thor has some pretty broken moves of his own, but surfers superior speed and multitasking ability will ensure he gets his off first and can avoid thors ( since in this case, CIS off means who can use the most ridiculous move first) . And that will be all she wrote

Sundipped
This thread is designed for Surfer to win.

ComicInVains
Surfer takes it

Starscream M
^you are an idiot and I'd rather not engage you in any kind of discussion but for informative purposes I'll clarify why: smile

Surfer is a whole hell of a lot faster than Thor and with CIS off he gets to use that advantage to the fullest. Also Thor really has no answer to whacky tactics like black hole in the retina etc. Thor has some pretty broken moves of his own, but surfers superior speed and multitasking ability will ensure he gets his off first and can avoid thors ( since in this case, CIS off means who can use the most ridiculous move first) . And that will be all she wrote surfer may be fast but he's not superman fast, hence I don't think speed will be a trump card

and CISless does not mean any tactics are valid...I really doubt surfer could create a black hole in the retina. I mean, then we can just say thor sucks the soul out of surfer.

Naija boy
^ Sucking surfers soul wont work but anyways reread the first line of my post.

ComicInVains
recently a holding back Surfer did very well and stalemated a raging Thor , CIS off Surfer will beat Thor and i dont care about opinions or bias if you dont agree with my statement get off your a$$ and go read comics

dmills

Surfer is a whole hell of a lot faster than Thor and with CIS off he gets to use that advantage to the fullest. Also Thor really has no answer to whacky tactics like black hole in the retina etc. Thor has some pretty broken moves of his own, but surfers superior speed and multitasking ability will ensure he gets his off first and can avoid thors ( since in this case, CIS off means who can use the most ridiculous move first) . And that will be all she wrote

laughing out loud

Its always good to see you make a cameo appearance my man. Happy New Year!

Naija boy
Originally posted by dmills
laughing out loud

Its always good to see you make a cameo appearance my man. Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you to man, hope everything is going good with you. Can't be on the forum to often these days due to real life workload and stuff but I love comics too much to stay away permanently.

TheHulk
Yea I Think I'm Going With Surfer.

Mindship
CISless Surfer is unimaginable to me. The options are endless. Thor may have more brute power, but in the cislessverse, I don't see it as enough of an advantage to win the majority.

Jiminy Crickets, Norrin turned himself into snow! For best anything-goes powerset (other than magic), power cosmic gets my vote.

Igniz
Going with Thor on this one.Silver Surfer had trouble with a wounded Thor.

CosmicComet
A wounded Thor that was going for broke trying to kill him, whereas Surfer was simply fighting defensively. It was still a draw.

-Pr-
cisless = less of a moral code.

it doesn't mean "he fights the way you want him to".

DarkOdin
Originally posted by CosmicComet
A wounded Thor that was going for broke trying to kill him, whereas Surfer was simply fighting defensively. It was still a draw.

Surfer wasn't fihgting defensivelt it was clear that both had a score to sttle from their early bout. A wounded Thor going for the kill would be more like the blood and thunder arc and we now how well surfer then then..

Slaanesh
Surfer..he's far more versatile..

playa1258
Thor is flat out more powerful, i'm picking Thor

vince_slice
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Surfer wasn't fihgting defensivelt it was clear that both had a score to sttle from their early bout. A wounded Thor going for the kill would be more like the blood and thunder arc and we now how well surfer then then..
Not really, it only looked like Thor was out for blood (as stated by himself in the book), Surfer looked like he was just trying to reason with him and fight defensively. Surfer even showed concern for Thor's wound, and Thor responded by saying something like, "I don't need your kindness" and throws him hammer at him. Showing kindness in battle IMO tends to mean you're not going full out.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by vince_slice
Not really, it only looked like Thor was out for blood (as stated by himself in the book), Surfer looked like he was just trying to reason with him and fight defensively. Surfer even showed concern for Thor's wound, and Thor responded by saying something like, "I don't need your kindness" and throws him hammer at him. Showing kindness in battle IMO tends to mean you're not going full out. that was right at the end, both Thor and Surfer stopped fighting at that point that same Surfer one panel before bull rushed Thor from outersapce and slamed Thor into the planet. That is hardly defesive...

h1a8
that was right at the end, both Thor and Surfer stopped fighting at that point that same Surfer one panel before bull rushed Thor from outersapce and slamed Thor into the planet. That is hardly defesive...

why even use that horrible writing as evidence? writers are scared to show who is really superior out of fear of angering fans.

vince_slice
that was right at the end, both Thor and Surfer stopped fighting at that point that same Surfer one panel before bull rushed Thor from outersapce and slamed Thor into the planet. That is hardly defesive...
He slammed Thor into the planet because Thor attacked Galactus, and removed him away from the battle between Odin and Galactus. Sounds defensive to me.

JakeTheBank
why even use that horrible writing as evidence? writers are scared to show who is really superior out of fear of angering fans.

How is that in of itself horrible writing? Because Surfer lost?

Thor's looked superior to Surfer more times than not when they've been pitted against one another. Or is every time that happens it's horrible writing in order to stem the backlash of angry fans?

Igniz

Thor's looked superior to Surfer more times than not when they've been pitted against one another. Or is every time that happens it's horrible writing in order to stem the backlash of angry fans?

thumb up

And whenever Thor(even when wounded) stalemated Silver Surfer, you often showed bias and state the writer is at fault.But the writer is okay with you when Thor is shown not being able to keep up with Mongoose(even though his a combination of super speed and agility).

quanchi112
that was right at the end, both Thor and Surfer stopped fighting at that point that same Surfer one panel before bull rushed Thor from outersapce and slamed Thor into the planet. That is hardly defesive... Except Surfer is usually being defensive and rarely goes all out with the intent to kill. He may fight back but he isn't going for broke.

h1a8

Now you are trolling. Why say irrelevant things? My comment was on the writing of the entire story and nothing on Surfer vs. Thor.
So are you saying that the writing wasn't horrible?

JakeTheBank
Now you are trolling. Why say irrelevant things? My comment was on the writing of the entire story and nothing on Surfer vs. Thor.
So are you saying that the writing wasn't horrible?

I'm trolling? Not even close. Believe me, you'll know when I openly troll.

The dialogue was atrocious as was Thor's willingness to kill Surfer so openly, but in terms of the fighting, it wasn't horrible.

CosmicComet

Yes he was fighting defensively. He didn't want to fight Thor at all and only after he got fed up with Thor's offense did he actually start fighting back.

Thor was wounded, but it wasn't affecting his power levels, or his movement. He was fighting to kill. Surfer was not.

It was a draw.

h1a8
I'm trolling? Not even close. Believe me, you'll know when I openly troll.

The dialogue was atrocious as was Thor's willingness to kill Surfer so openly, but in terms of the fighting, it wasn't horrible.

Of course the fighting was horrible, or the lack of fighting I should say. No one showed what they really could do. Everyone was neutered.

Actually I thought Surfer looked slightly better IMO. But my comment had nothing to do with the fight. That is why I was offended at your insinuation.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yes he was fighting defensively. He didn't want to fight Thor at all and only after he got fed up with Thor's offense did he actually start fighting back.

Thor was wounded, but it wasn't affecting his power levels, or his movement. He was fighting to kill. Surfer was not.

It was a draw.

there was nothing defensive aboput the fight we didn't see Thor attacking Surfer and Surfer guarding then countering. We so the both of them exchanging blows.

Being wounded not effecting Thor is absurd. Now as to how much we don't know.

We do not know it was clear Thor wasn't 100% for the fight. He was in enough pain to cause hi m to sweat and moan before the battle even began. Know if Thor was 95% 85% or 75% of himself we have no clue.

Yes the battle was a draw however Thor did appear to have the better advantage over SS no harm since they are both high herald. And for the record until SS saw Thors wounds he was POED at Thor and wanted to fight.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by quanchi112
Except Surfer is usually being defensive and rarely goes all out with the intent to kill. He may fight back but he isn't going for broke. Correct however this time Thor already mad SS poed from their last exchange i will get my comic SS dialog was clear to show what mindset he was in

vince_slice
The only time Surfer looked pissed was when Thor hit him with a hammer strike and said he was willing to kill Surfer on mars. Surfer blasts him, then right after starts showing concern for Thor's wound and, according to Thor, showed "kindness".

quanchi112
Correct however this time Thor already mad SS poed from their last exchange i will get my comic SS dialog was clear to show what mindset he was in Then supply the scans because Surfer was never all out to kill. I wish he would just go all out from the gun.

Naija boy
Surfer clearly fought in a more defensive mindset than Thor did. The dialogue clearly shows this and it's not even debatable.

quanchi112
Surfer clearly fought in a more defensive mindset than Thor did. The dialogue clearly shows this and it's not even debatable. thumb up

DARTH POWER
Anyone got scans of the entire fight??

Damborgson
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer09MightyThor2.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer10.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer11MightyThor3.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer12.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer13MightyThor3.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer14MightyThor4.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer15.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer16.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer17.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer18.jpg

Damborgson
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer19MightyThor5.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer20.jpg

From ODG's respect thread of course.

DarkOdin
Thanks for the scans. Besides these scans issues 6 quote Surfer "I stood at your side ready to slaughter and slaughter and slaughter until the earth was black with Asgardian blood." Surfer own word show his mindset

vince_slice
Thanks for the scans.

Yeah I think the dialogue makes it clear Surfer was fighting defensively the whole time. He pleaded with Thor to stop fighting on multiple occasions: e.g., "don't", "wait", "It's never too late", etc.

Thor on the other hand verbally threaten to kill Surfer twice, and throwing insults at him like "silver bastard". Even after Surfer shows concern for his wound Thor throws his hammer at him saying: "and that was for your kindness, I need nothing spaceman, least of all your feelings" laughing out loud

Why was Thor being such a jerk?

DarkOdin
Thanks for the scans.

Yeah I think the dialogue makes it clear Surfer was fighting defensively the whole time. He pleaded with Thor to stop fighting on multiple occasions: e.g., "don't", "wait", "It's never too late", etc.

Thor on the other hand verbally threaten to kill Surfer twice, and throwing insults at him like "silver bastard". Even after Surfer shows concern for his wound Thor throws his hammer at him saying: "and that was for your kindness, I need nothing spaceman, least of all your feelings" laughing out loud

Why was Thor being such a jerk? HEy now thats not fair SS got some very ownage in to

We come for you not earth not man-you
feel this you pompous a$$ .
let this be a lesson too you
Mercy is born to ride the cosmic winds.

It is funny how when BRB and SS fought
SS cheapshot BRB while they are talking and you get
SS stomps BRB , SS owned BRB. SS just fought smarter then Bill but then
Thor decides to pound on SS in a war waged on Asgard by Galactus. and the excuses pur out

vince_slice
HEy now thats not fair SS got some very ownage in to

We come for you not earth not man-you
feel this you pompous a$$ .
let this be a lesson too you
Mercy is born to ride the cosmic winds.

It is funny how when BRB and SS fought
SS cheapshot BRB while they are talking and you get
SS stomps BRB , SS owned BRB. SS just fought smarter then Bill but then
Thor decides to pound on SS in a war waged on Asgard by Galactus. and the excuses pur out

1. Surfer's board tactic wasn't cheap because it was used mid-battle not mid-conversation. Surfer and Bill were already engaged in a fight when he used that tactic so its perfectly viable.

2. If you're going to call Surfer cheap for using his board and attacking Bill from behind mid-combat, then what Thor did was 10x worse . Thor threw his hammer at Surfer's back while he was talking with Odin outside of combat. That's far cheaper and It's right there in the scans.

3. There are no excuses here and never were. Thor wasn't winning nor did he pound Surfer in. It was an obvious stalemate. Surfer pleading Thor to stop fighting and showing "kindness" mid-battle is clear sign Surfer was no where near blood lusted or out to kill. In fact he acted defensive the whole fight. Near the end he did get fed-up with Thor acting like a "pompous ass" though. laughing out loud

DarkOdin
1. Surfer's board tactic wasn't cheap because it was used mid-battle not mid-conversation. Surfer and Bill were already engaged in a fight when he used that tactic so its perfectly viable.

2. If you're going to call Surfer cheap for using his board and attacking Bill from behind mid-combat, then what Thor did was 10x worse . Thor threw his hammer at Surfer's back while he was talking with Odin outside of combat. That's far cheaper and It's right there in the scans.

3. There are no excuses here and never were. Thor wasn't winning nor did he pound Surfer in. It was an obvious stalemate. Surfer pleading Thor to stop fighting and showing "kindness" mid-battle is clear sign Surfer was no where near blood lusted or out to kill. In fact he acted defensive the whole fight. Near the end he did get fed-up with Thor acting like a "pompous ass" though. laughing out loud

1. Yes no denying that however the board was a great tactis but some people make it out that it showed SS way outclasssing BRB even thought the battle between them was pretty even up to that point.

2. There was no point once the 2nd fight started that SS was pleading Thor to stop. More so SS was angry that Thor would fight hima nd his master and durign the fight SS attacked Thor twice from behind. Once when Thor atatck Galactus then with the board.

3. The battle was a draw however it looked like Thor did better job at laying it into SS.

vince_slice
1. Yes no denying that however the board was a great tactis but some people make it out that it showed SS way outclasssing BRB even thought the battle between them was pretty even up to that point.

2. There was no point once the 2nd fight started that SS was pleading Thor to stop. More so SS was angry that Thor would fight hima nd his master and durign the fight SS attacked Thor twice from behind. Once when Thor atatck Galactus then with the board.

3. The battle was a draw however it looked like Thor did better job at laying it into SS.

1. Surfer himself stated Bill can't match him based on his own words after Bill was lying bloody beneath Surfer's feet. Even then the Surfer that fought Bill was holding back, apologizing and frowning while he was punching Bill's face in.

Remember Bill's Skuttlebutt ship A.I? In Godhunter it was calculating Bill's chances of accomplishing his mission against Galactus and it actually took into account whether or not Surfer held back into it's calculations.

2. Difference is Surfer did so during mid-combat, and repeatedly warned Thor to stop attacking him, again perfectly viable. When Thor attacked Surfer from behind, he did it outside of combat while Surfer was talking to his father, 10x cheaper. Being a pacifist and holding back is what Surfer's known for. Even Bill's A.I knows this.

3. I disagree, I don't think Thor looked better, but he was 100x more aggressive though, either way it looked split even to me.

DarkOdin
1. Surfer himself stated Bill can't match him based on his own words after Bill was lying bloody beneath Surfer's feet. Even then the Surfer that fought Bill was holding back, apologizing and frowning while he was punching Bill's face in.

Remember Bill's Skuttlebutt ship A.I? In Godhunter it was calculating Bill's chances of accomplishing his mission against Galactus and it actually took into account whether or not Surfer held back into it's calculations.

2. Difference is Surfer did so during mid-combat, and repeatedly warned Thor to stop attacking him, again perfectly viable. When Thor attacked Surfer from behind, he did it outside of combat while Surfer was talking to his father, 10x cheaper. Being a pacifist and holding back is what Surfer's known for. Even Bill's A.I knows this.

3. I disagree, I don't think Thor looked better, but he was 100x more aggressive though, either way it looked split even to me.

1. Well since BRB has the same exact powerset as Thor that is clearly not true as Thor has proven himself over Surfer. Plus that fact i don't recall skuttlebutt saying anything like thaat i have issue 1-3 and can't find 2 could you throw up a scan.

2. Surfer came into Asgard and threaten Odin and all of asgard and was charging up to attack Odin. An attack from all of Asgard is fair game at that point. when you enter a kingdom of gods and threathen their king you show expect their number 1 warrior is going to attack.

3. the battle showed Thor taking SS shots and still attacking strong SS was down from must of Thor blows heck Thor recovered faster then SS when SS crashed them both into the planet.

quanchi112

3. There are no excuses here and never were. Thor wasn't winning nor did he pound Surfer in. It was an obvious stalemate. Surfer pleading Thor to stop fighting and showing "kindness" mid-battle is clear sign Surfer was no where near blood lusted or out to kill. In fact he acted defensive the whole fight. Near the end he did get fed-up with Thor acting like a "pompous ass" though. laughing out loud thumb up

vince_slice
1. Well since BRB has the same exact powerset as Thor that is clearly not true as Thor has proven himself over Surfer. Plus that fact i don't recall skuttlebutt saying anything like thaat i have issue 1-3 and can't find 2 could you throw up a scan.

2. Surfer came into Asgard and threaten Odin and all of asgard and was charging up to attack Odin. An attack from all of Asgard is fair game at that point. when you enter a kingdom of gods and threathen their king you show expect their number 1 warrior is going to attack.

3. the battle showed Thor taking SS shots and still attacking strong SS was down from must of Thor blows heck Thor recovered faster then SS when SS crashed them both into the planet.

1. Having the same power set as Thor doesn't mean you can use it as effectively as him. Surfer beating up Bill easily doesn't mean he can beat up Thor just as easily. But it does mean Surfer outclasses Bill.

Here's the scan just for you Godhunter #2 page 15:

http://i44.tinypic.com/ioho9d.jpg

11% chance if Surfer holds back, 6% chance if he doesn't.

2. You really think Surfer would attack all of Asgard including Odin by himself? More like he was warning Asgard what would happen if they denied Galactus the seed. Still even at the end of this story arc Surfer eventually sided with Asgard pleading his master to spare them.

3. Reading the whole fight from beginning to end I don't see anything you just posted. Both exchanged blows and neither were hurt badly at all from the blows they did exchange. Thor looked more aggressive but he didn't accomplish much except looking like a jerk, while Surfer looked more defensive. The result looked like a stalemate pure and simple.

DarkOdin
1. Having the same power set as Thor doesn't mean you can use it as effectively as him. Surfer beating up Bill easily doesn't mean he can beat up Thor just as easily. But it does mean Surfer outclasses Bill.

Here's the scan just for you Godhunter #2 page 15:

http://i44.tinypic.com/ioho9d.jpg

11% chance if Surfer holds back, 6% chance if he doesn't.

2. You really think Surfer would attack all of Asgard including Odin by himself? More like he was warning Asgard what would happen if they denied Galactus the seed. Still even at the end of this story arc Surfer eventually sided with Asgard pleading his master to spare them.

3. Reading the whole fight from beginning to end I don't see anything you just posted. Both exchanged blows and neither were hurt badly at all from the blows they did exchange. Thor looked more aggressive but he didn't accomplish much except looking like a jerk, while Surfer looked more defensive. The result looked like a stalemate pure and simple.

1. Thats scans shows SS only makes a 5% difference if he goes all out. The other 95% is determined by galactus and the other heralds. So it doesn't directly comapre BRB and SS power at all.

2 . What else those it mean when you form an energy ball in you hand and say " I knew that be your would response....this pains me All-father. It was clear SS was going to attack.

3. Both landed on th eplanet at the same time by the time surfer barly gets to his feet Thor hits him. he recovered faster even while wounded. Thor was clearly the better of the two granted the matchwas on going could of went either way? maybe but given Thor's history with SS it was clear he was ahead of the battle.

vince_slice
1. Thats scans shows SS only makes a 5% difference if he goes all out. The other 95% is determined by galactus and the other heralds. So it doesn't directly comapre BRB and SS power at all.

2 . What else those it mean when you form an energy ball in you hand and say " I knew that be your would response....this pains me All-father. It was clear SS was going to attack.

3. Both landed on th eplanet at the same time by the time surfer barly gets to his feet Thor hits him. he recovered faster even while wounded. Thor was clearly the better of the two granted the matchwas on going could of went either way? maybe but given Thor's history with SS it was clear he was ahead of the battle.

1. Who says the scan was to compare Bills power to Surfers? That wasn't the point of the scan. Don't try pulling a strawman on me. The point of the scan was to show that Surfer holds back, especially in his fight with Bill. In fact Bill and his A.I assumed Surfer would hold back in that very same scan.

2. If you really think Surfer's dumb enough to attempt to take on Odin and all of Asgard by himself you can keep thinking that.

3. Not really, both were on their feet at the same time, go look at those scans again. Thor was just acting way more aggressive of the two while Surfer was defensive. In fact for most of the fight it was Thor who always threw the first punch. Being the one that always throws the first punch doesn't mean you did better. Especially when Surfer retaliated each punch thrown.

MF DELPH
These fights for me always come down to whether I think Surfer can more times than not separate Thor from Mjolnir, whether it be by making Thor drop it from an attack (lower likelihood), or Thor performing a hammer toss and Surfer restraining Thor's hands so he can't wield the hammer afterwards (higher likelihood). If Thor keeps Mjolnir in hand, he has an edge of possibly 6/10+. Surfer has the firepower to drop him, but the energy absorption powers of Mjolnir are a bit much. If Surfer can get the hammer out of Thor's hand, I'd say Surfer's chances are 7/10+. Mjolnir's energy soak is pretty much the perfect foil for Surfer's energy blasts, but those are hammer powers, not innate Thor powers. Disarm Thor, Surfer drops him. Take away Surfer's board he's still got plenty of options, his mobility just takes a big hit.

DarkOdin
1. Who says the scan was to compare Bills power to Surfers? That wasn't the point of the scan. Don't try pulling a strawman on me. The point of the scan was to show that Surfer holds back, especially in his fight with Bill. In fact Bill and his A.I assumed Surfer would hold back in that very same scan.

2. If you really think Surfer's dumb enough to attempt to take on Odin and all of Asgard by himself you can keep thinking that.

3. Not really, both were on their feet at the same time, go look at those scans again. Thor was just acting way more aggressive of the two while Surfer was defensive. In fact for most of the fight it was Thor who always threw the first punch. Being the one that always throws the first punch doesn't mean you did better. Especially when Surfer retaliated each punch thrown.

1. Which makes the whole subject useless since BRB was holding back too. BRB choose to talk after knocking Srufer of his board. We now SS was holding back but then again so was BRB

2. So please explain what Surfer was going to do with his energy ball play a game of catch with the all-faTHER roll eyes (sarcastic)

3 The scan shows Surfer just getting out of the crater from him hitting the ground while Thor is already on the attack and levels the Surfer to the ground. Its clear Thor was coming out ahead SS atatck on made Thor made while SS is the one catching the worst end or it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.