Hulk vs Tutinax The Mountian Mover

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Tutinax is the brute that gave Thor trouble during Thor- The Deviants Saga 02. Can the Hulk win? Or is Tutinax too much for him?

zopzop
Trouble? Didn't he outright beat Thor and was only called off by his superior?

Thor had Mjolnir and Tutinax still owned him. Hulk has never owned Thor with Mjolnir in hand. I'm giving this to Tutinax.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by zopzop
Hulk has never owned Thor with Mjolnir in hand. I'm giving this to Tutinax. Actually he did

zopzop
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Actually he did

When was this? The only time I recall Hulk beating down Thor was when Savage Hulk talked Thor into throwing Mjolnir away and they went at it hand 2 hand.

Parmaniac

Stoic

zopzop

Parmaniac
Just saw the scans when it was released in the CO thread no clue, thought they were canon.

Maybe not.

Stoic
This is canon?!
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1709631.html

I read some people saying that it was, while others arguing against it. I just put it out of mind, but if it is canon...

Stoic
Originally posted by Stoic
I read some people saying that it was, while others arguing against it. I just put it out of mind, but if it is canon...

Maybe Guy222, or someone else knows if it was canon.

Kid Kurdy
I really think it was canon. I wouldn't know why not.

guy222
hulk wins

Damborgson
He beats hulk if he stays at WWH levels. WB beats him good though.

Stoic
yep according to Snider it is canon, but semi continuous with events that have gone on within the Marvel U.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Hulk-Thor-Battle-Snider-100311.html

zopzop
Excellent find!

So I guess it's status isn't still murky. But then again, even if it is canon, notice how Thor had Hulk down but stopped attacking and started to chit chat with the Hulk?

Tutinax wouldn't give Hulk the chance, we saw him offer Thor no let up. And he owned Thor, Mjolnir and all.

Badabing

The Sorrow
Why wouldn't it be canon if they are the 616 versions of the characters?

Stoic
Excellent find!

So I guess it's status isn't still murky. But then again, even if it is canon, notice how Thor had Hulk down but stopped attacking and started to chit chat with the Hulk?

Tutinax wouldn't give Hulk the chance, we saw him offer Thor no let up. And he owned Thor, Mjolnir and all.

That was a tale from the past though. Thor was fighting the Savage Hulk. Notice the way that Thor is dressed. So if you add the extra power that he has gotten since those days, Tutinax may be in trouble.

Badabing
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Why wouldn't it be canon if they are the 616 versions of the characters? It wasn't from a regular title or regular writer. It was a compilation of 3 stories if I remember correctly. And that particular story didn't occur with any of the current stories at the time. So, to me, that makes it a dubious feat to say the least.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Badabing
It wasn't from a regular title or regular writer. It was a compilation of 3 stories if I remember correctly. And that particular story didn't occur with any of the current stories at the time. So, to me, that makes it a dubious feat to say the least.
The writer said it was a past tale. Are those kind of stories unusable on KMC?

Stoic
Originally posted by Badabing
It wasn't from a regular title or regular writer. It was a compilation of 3 stories if I remember correctly. And that particular story didn't occur with any of the current stories at the time. So, to me, that makes it a dubious feat to say the least.

If you read the interview, it was only said to be semi continuous, but that there was nothing about it not being canon. It took place in the 616 past, so should we conclude that it was canon?

Badabing
Originally posted by The Sorrow
The writer said it was a past tale. Are those kind of stories unusable on KMC? Originally posted by Stoic
If you read the interview, it was only said to be semi continuous, but that there was nothing about it not being canon. It took place in the 616 past, so should we conclude that it was canon? Has Hulk ever made Thor hit himself with Mjolnir at any other time? If not, I'd say it's a non-feat. That's just my opinion, not a rule. And I'm an avid Hulk fan. durhulk

janus77
Hulk wins.

Gah! even Rulk pounded Thor with mjolnir, hardly a feat when a pale imitation of Hulk can do it too, eh?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk wins.

Gah! even Rulk pounded Thor with mjolnir, hardly a feat when a pale imitation of Hulk can do it too, eh? It the point where it happened that pale imitation also killed a Surfer and also steamrolled everything and everyone in his way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not sure how much of a role Tutinax's fear inducing powers played in the battle. Assuming none, the he should an advantage in the beginning but eventually lose.

yep according to Snider it is canon, but semi continuous with events that have gone on within the Marvel U.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Hulk-Thor-Battle-Snider-100311.html

Haha, Thor fans really shot themselves in the foot by asking an interview. The story took place in a one shot along side another obviously non-canon tale so it would have probably been ignored but now it's semi-canon.

It's ultimately an irrelevant outlier but still hurts.

psycho gundam
tutinax doesn't want any part of HOTM hulk that's for sure. the separated hulk of now, wait n see

Endless Mike
Thor didn't really look like he went all out in that fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thor didn't really look like he went all out in that fight.

He didn't? I mean when they were moving at light speed because of that device, Thor seemed to be putting in work. The dialog didn't suggest that he was holding back or anything. Then again Tutinax was all up in his face, which would kind of make it hard for him to do anything else but engage him in a brawl.

guy222
sheesh nimcompoops hulkie wins

TheHulk
This is canon?!
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1709631.html Yes this was canon!

TheHulk
WWH-50/50 Or Edge To WWH

WBH-Stomps

carver9
The fight between Savage Hulk and Thor is Canon. As for this fight...WWH wins 8/10...WBH stomps.

JakeTheBank
The book itself is canon. The events which transpired in it...as the writer states in the interview, Banner could possibly be recalling them wrong by his statement "Yeah, right...and then I woke up." Of course, people, both Hulk and Thor fans, want to make that scan mean something more than it's supposed to be, and given the vast history of attempts to use Mjolnir against Thor, it's definitely an outlier and shouldn't be seriously considered something that falls within the norm.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The book itself is canon. The events which transpired in it...as the writer states in the interview, Banner could possibly be recalling them wrong by his statement "Yeah, right...and then I woke up." Of course, people, both Hulk and Thor fans, want to make that scan mean something more than it's supposed to be, and given the vast history of attempts to use Mjolnir against Thor, it's definitely an outlier and shouldn't be seriously considered something that falls within the norm.

I was thinking that the book was less credible because Snider wrote it. The fact that his father Dee Snider happens to be the biggest Hulk fan in Hollywood may have had something to do with it as well. I wonder how people would have felt if Perez or Simonson wrote it? All the same, it was still within 616 canon, so it happened even though it was rated as only being semi contiguous.

We all know that fiction is what it is, and Aunt May could have just as easily been written to have done exactly what the Savage Hulk did from any given writers perspective. It's the explaining part that becomes difficult. Yet, it being the Hulk that did it, leads to it being less far fetched however.

TheHulk
In All Honesty It Matters In Which Side Of The Camp You Are In If You Are In Thorbags Camp You Will Find Every Reason To Dismiss The Clear Evidence(Just Like Jake Did 2-3 Post ago), But If You Are In GammaFag Camp You Will Hype The Evidence(Just Like Carver Does It Like A Boss)....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.