Marvels CISLESS vs DC CISSLESS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Picking two of DC top dogs vs two of Marvels top dogs in a CISLESS fight.

Superman
Orion

vs

Thor
Surfer

This is a CISless fight...none holding back.

-Pr-
Wouldn't have picked Orion, tbh.

As it is... Split, maybe edge to team 2.

carver9
Who would you have picked?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Damn, this is tough.

Split or edge to Team 2 but that's out of personal preference mostly.

Scoobless
CISless means simply powers vs powers. so T2 takes it

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Who would you have picked?

A Lantern, or someone with magic.

JakeTheBank
This is pretty freaking close.

Team 2 based on plot device powers they can pull out of their collective asses.

Prep-Man
Toss up.

abhilegend
Split.

Deadline
Surfer and Thor.

Mindship
At first glance, I'd give this to Surfer and Thor. But a CISless Superman...this transcends the bounds of common storytelling: the (I believe) intended essence of his character -- forever rising to the challenge and winning -- comes to the fore. IMHO, Big Blue solos.

Deadline
Originally posted by Mindship
At first glance, I'd give this to Surfer and Thor. But a CISless Superman...this transcends the bounds of common storytelling: the (I believe) intended essence of his character -- forever rising to the challenge and winning -- comes to the fore. IMHO, Big Blue solos.

Sure thats not PIS or Superman fans leaving out context?

Mindship
Originally posted by Deadline
Sure thats not PIS or Superman fans leaving out context? I hear ya, which is why I was hesitant to post what I did. But it's always been my impression that Superman -- given he is the Icon of the genre -- represents something more than a fantastical story element. He is the basic, modern incarnation of the Hero, the indomitable human spirit, if you will. I'm not saying this is a necessarily "fair" assessment, just my impression of why Superman, as a character, came into existence in the first place. All other superheroes are derivatives of this essential archetype.

In my own head, I've often referred to Superman on this level as "Fourth Wall Superman," a Superman with a "special connection" to the real world/human psyche.

Bouboumaster
Without CIS, Surfer would rape Superman faster that a speeding bullet.

He's taylor made for Superman. His powerset is perfectly made for him going to expoilt the **** out of any weaknesses that he can put his hand on, and sadly for the boyscout, he gots some on which Surfer can work.

Without CIS, Superman is dead against Surfer.

A better fight would be Orion with Captain Marvel or Black Adam or Hal Jordan vs Thor and Surfer

bobbi
I'd say team 2 since surfer can easily throw out red sun radiation, energy sapping stuff and the like. team 1's only hope is catching em off guard since without holding back you can argue supes would be stronger than team 2 in pure punching ability. But of course the limits of surfer's power amping with PC is unknown and it's reasonable to think he can amp just as strong as supes.

abhilegend
Or superman can just sing team 2 out of existance.ha-som

Uriel005
Originally posted by Deadline
Sure thats not PIS or Superman fans leaving out context? not really when you consider the fact that Thor and Surfer do lose when it matters sometimes. Superman doesn't or when he does he's back 2 issues later with PIS and bullsh*t backing him.

TheHulk
Team Marvel!!!

Lord Feron
Team 2, Every time but barely, not even sure if the winning team would walk away from it.

Galan007
Team 2 most likely. In a CIS-free environment they present a HUGE versatility opstical to overcome.

quanchi112
Team 2(marvel) wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.