Marvel's Mightiest Mutants Vs DC's Most Powerful Mystics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
1. Rachel Summers
2. Franklin Richards
3. Hope Summers
4. Legion
5. X-Man
6. Vulcan

vs

1. Black Alice
2. Mordru
3. Timmothy Hunter
4. Swamp Thing
5. William Arcane
6. Dr. Fate

guy222
which st

SquallX
Which Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate and Mordru.

Prep-Man
elementanl swamp thing, hector fate, and jsa mordru.

Scoobless
Can Vulcan control magical energy?

zopzop
Franklin or Legion win.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by zopzop Franklin or Legion win.

not that easy. tim is on their level and william can control anything thats dead. skin cells, tumors, etc... hes one of the most frightning villains to come out in a long time.

KingD19
Originally posted by Scoobless
Can Vulcan control magical energy?

The only time he came across "magic" was when he went up against Adam Warlock. He took a few seconds to acclimate to his Quantum Magic, but then manipulated it just as easily as any other kind of energy.

And Hope is a real game changer. She's basically Rogue on Omega level steroids. She can absorb and use mutant powers near her, usually on levels above what the person she absorbed the power from can do. And she can absorb and use multiple powers at a time, as well as being an Avatar for the Phoenix Force.

So it's basically all of the mutants. Then Hope who has all of the mutants powers with more than likely a boost and just as much, or more skill than they have.

ComicInVains
I love the fact most of the posters here favor Marvel and bring the marvel team abilities while no one is mentioning freakin Black Alice is in it, am i the only one who thinks the main debate here should be how will Black Alice do Against Hope who is basically her counterpart from different universe

KingD19
Just read up on her, and Hope has her beat.

Alice has a time limit on the magic she takes, and it's shorter with the more powerful people she drains. And considering this list is nothing but powerful people, she won't have them for long. Hope hasn't shown a time limit or a limit to the abilities she can borrow. There's also the fact that her taking the power leaves them powerless in return. That means even if she takes the whole teams powers, she's gonna have all the mutants and Hope with all the mutants powers up against her, and her team could easily get killed while they're powerless.

Glorificus
Mutants win.

Franklin + Legion + Hope copying one of those = win.

KingD19
She can copy both at the same time. Which is even more crazy.

guy222
mutants owe their legacy to who

someone knows

stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Glorificus
Mutants win.

Franklin + Legion + Hope copying one of those = win.

Black Alice can also copy Tim or the Spectre. At her height she didn't seem to have a limit. Tim at his most powerful created HUNDREDS of universes and he didn't even know about it. No drop in his power.

KingD19
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Black Alice can also copy Tim or the Spectre. At her height she didn't seem to have a limit. Tim at his most powerful created HUNDREDS of universes and he didn't even know about it. No drop in his power.

As powerful as she is, the Catch 22 of her power is that like Rogue, her taking a power leaves the original person powerless. She takes Tims power, Tim is just a normal guy, kill Tim while she has his power...either it dies with him, or it dies when her time limit is up.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by KingD19
As powerful as she is, the Catch 22 of her power is that like Rogue, her taking a power leaves the original person powerless. She takes Tims power, Tim is just a normal guy, kill Tim while she has his power...either it dies with him, or it dies when her time limit is up.

I don't remember any limit when she copied the Spectre. She had the power for quite a while, IIRC. Anyway, if she copied the Spectre the game would be over in a second.

KingD19
The same could be said for Hope copying the people on her team. Franklin, Vulcan, Legion, Nate, and Rachel all at the same time?

Prep-Man
BTW, Alices's power is inconsistent. In Reign in Hell, she stated she had to TOUCH someone to gain their powers. Just like Rogue. THen in Secret Six, that went away. And she didn't seem to have a time limit in Secret Six as well.

KingD19
Didn't she get someones powers in school, while he was in space?

Prep-Man
I remember something like that. Maybe her one-shot Helm of Fate mini. Black Alice is truly powerful. Same with Harry Potter...er, I mean Tim Hunter. Like I said, he created hundreds of universes subconsciously. Without even breaking a sweat.

And there is Swamp Thing...

"Id"
Looks like Black Alice, and Hope Summers are going to have a colossal exchange.

Problem is, Black Alice depowers the magic she borrows from. The same can not be said about Hope and Team Mutant.

Prep-Man
Good thing there are hundreds of top tier mages to choose from! stick out tongue

KingD19
Too bad she can only choose from those on the list. Which will leave them defenseless and easily killable when she takes their power.

DarkSaint85
Too bad she can only choose from those on the list. Which will leave them defenseless and easily killable when she takes their power.

Unless one of them (say, Swamp Thing, for example) creates a clone for her to steal power from?

Prep-Man

She's not limited to those on the list. She can draw upon any mage/mystic. She just needs to concentrate.

KingD19
She can do that in the comics, but this is a forum match. Unless otherwise stated, she should be limited to the people on the list. If we want to do that we could have Hope absorbing other reality warper mutants.

Prep-Man
I never stated she was limited. I thought we go by feats and what comics show. Alice has also shown to take more than one power as well.

You were asking about somebody in space she stole. That was Alan Scott.

KingD19
So you're giving her basically unlimited access to the entire roster of DC mages/magic users?

Prep-Man
It would be unfair to take someone from her team and leave him open, yes?

KingD19
And it's not unfair to give one character access to every powerful mage and magic user in an entire comic universe?

Spectre
The Gods
Lord Marvel
Shazam
ect??

Prep-Man
I guess it's spite either way. :/

On the other-hand, if she was limited, DC's mystic's would still stand a chance, IMO. Maybe limit her to just top tier mages and no skyfathers/abstracts.

KingD19
Well no matter how you slice it, Hope still has access to two multiversal level reality warpers, an omega level energy manipulator who can absorb and manipulate magic, one of the most powerful tk/tp users in all of Marvel, and a cosmic being near the top of the food chain. With instinctive knowledge on how to use those powers, and a boost for each one, I give it to Marvel.

Prep-Man
Then limiting would be a bad idea. Give BA access to DC's most powerful mystics, she could hang with Hope.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Then limiting would be a bad idea. Give BA access to DC's most powerful mystics, she could hang with Hope. Like I've said before the problem in these kind of fights is that the individual power levels are moot. Several of these characters are powerful enough to wipe the field with a thought, it all comes down to who does it first personally I hand it to Legion. If this was God Swamp Thing as he was approaching omnipotent levels I'd say he has the edge in translating his thoughts into reality.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Uriel005 Like I've said before the problem in these kind of fights is that the individual power levels are moot. Several of these characters are powerful enough to wipe the field with a thought, it all comes down to who does it first personally I hand it to Legion. If this was God Swamp Thing as he was approaching omnipotent levels I'd say he has the edge in translating his thoughts into reality.

true, agreed that legion is one of the most dangerous ones here. right along with timmy and mordru.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.