Nekron vs White Phoenix of the Crown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OneDumbG0
Nekron

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Nekron01.jpg

vs.

White Phoenix of the Crown

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/WhitePhoenixoftheCrown01.jpg

Discuss.

Mr Master
1: What are (or supposed to be) Nekron's abilities?

2: What's the extent of his influence? (farthest reaching cosmic scale feat)

3: Where does he stand (ball park) in the DC hierarchy of power,
this couples with,
who/what's the most powerful (being/weapon/artifact whatever) he defeated
and/or the story proved through asserted context he could have?

SquallX
Originally posted by Mr Master
1: What are (or supposed to be) Nekron's abilities?

2: What's the extent of his influence? (farthest reaching cosmic scale feat)

3: Where does he stand (ball park) in the DC hierarchy of power,
this couples with,
who/what's the most powerful (being/weapon/artifact whatever) he defeated
and/or the story proved through asserted context he could have?

Able to raise the dead, and force them to be his minion. He even made the Spectre one of his followers, and made the Anti Monitor his power his slave, though AM was weaken when that happened.
His influence is Multiversal, he is Death embodied the DCU.

His up there with in the hierarchy seat of power. Specter was easily taking over, he BFR the AM after he escaped. He brought back Swamp Thing.

The White Light which is Nekron true weakness couldn't killed him, the best it could have done was to BFR him.

guy222
i liked morrison's here comes tomorrow stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by SquallX
Able to raise the dead, and force them to be his minion. He even made the Spectre one of his followers, and made the Anti Monitor his power his slave, though AM was weaken when that happened.
His influence is Multiversal, he is Death embodied the DCU.

His up there with in the hierarchy seat of power. Specter was easily taking over, he BFR the AM after he escaped. He brought back Swamp Thing.

The White Light which is Nekron true weakness couldn't killed him, the best it could have done was to BFR him. It was kinda plot devicey on the Spectre thing. Crispus was made differently to other Spectre's because he was actually bonded to his dead body and not just his soul. I imagine Johns had that all set up, since he wrote Crispus becoming Spectre in Infinite Crisis, and then Blackest Night. So when the ring hit Crispus' dead body, it converted him and somewhat trapped Spectre, since he is Spectre's link.

SquallX
Originally posted by Juntai
It was kinda plot devicey on the Spectre thing. Crispus was made differently to other Spectre's because he was actually bonded to his dead body and not just his soul. I imagine Johns had that all set up, since he wrote Crispus becoming Spectre in Infinite Crisis, and then Blackest Night. So when the ring hit Crispus' dead body, it converted him and somewhat trapped Spectre, since he is Spectre's link.

Never though about it like that. Pretty good find.

But you can't denied Nekron powers. He was able to bring back Swamp Thing of all people.

zopzop
Neither of these guys really have any impressive fights to their name. I wouldn't put Nekron above an amped Odin.

Prep-Man
Nekron.

GalacticStorm
White Phoenix wink

Prep-Man
phoenix gets taken over just like spectre. there really isnt anything phoenix can do to nekron.

OneDumbG0
It was kinda plot devicey on the Spectre thing. Crispus was made differently to other Spectre's because he was actually bonded to his dead body and not just his soul. I imagine Johns had that all set up, since he wrote Crispus becoming Spectre in Infinite Crisis, and then Blackest Night. So when the ring hit Crispus' dead body, it converted him and somewhat trapped Spectre, since he is Spectre's link. Spectre's power was useless against him once Spectre was freed though. Although, like Parallax, Spectre tends to be useless against entities that aren't evil/sinful in the traditional sense of the word. Like they're beyond his influence or something.

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Spectre's power was useless against him once Spectre was freed though. Although, like Parallax, Spectre tends to be useless against entities that aren't evil/sinful in the traditional sense of the word. Like they're beyond his influence or something.
It appears that way at first- and for a while I mused at those possibilities. And Johns wrote both of those instances. He also wrote one in JSA where Hal had trouble with King of Tears, who Corrigan in a flashback had nearly zero problems with. So I was wondering, was it the writer, the host, or what?

What you need to look at is the Crisis when he was crazy... that Nabu, being the Balance between the Lords of Order and Chaos is hardly something evil to be judged, and he had no problem with that. I also don't assume the entity has a soul. He's also over the years dealt with other beings that are conceptual in nature.

As for Parallax, assuming you're talking about Rebirth again, Parallax didn't just hide away inside of Hal, it actually became a part of his soul. They were one and the same, and he couldn't 'burn it out' without damaging Hal, however as soon as Hal's willpower shown through and as acting host made a conscious decision not influenced by Parallax to ask for Spectre to do something- which is significant in the character's history- he had no problem separating the two. He even seemed as if he were about to judge him, or at least try, then stopped and said he had 'interfered enough' concerning Jordan and that his new host about to be ready. -- During this time Parallax seems to be slowly drifting from the scene, cowering away? And then is absolutely delighted the moment Spectre leaves and suggests there is nothing 'tie his hands' now.

Then in Blackest Night, Spectre was going to judge him again after helping remove him from Hal's soul again, but Parallax got pulled away and then Nekron appeared, and there he tried and failed because Nekron 'has no soul to judge', which seemed to be a dramatic way of saying Nekron is not alive or of the creation Spectre rampages around doing Vengeance in, he is the darkness from before the universe was born cast away by the light of creation itself.

If you have something to add, I'll take it into consideration, though.

But continuing on... there's other ways to get rid of or defeat an opponent than judging him to death. In a PIS-less environment, Spectre should have been able to banish him back, trapped him in another dimension, or other such means we've seen him do before. But that's neither here nor there, as Spectre isn't in this matchup.

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Nekron

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Nekron01.jpg

vs.

White Phoenix of the Crown

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/WhitePhoenixoftheCrown01.jpg

Discuss.

You bastard.

Galan007
Nekron.

OneDumbG0
As for Parallax, assuming you're talking about Rebirth again, Parallax didn't just hide away inside of Hal, it actually became a part of his soul. They were one and the same, and he couldn't 'burn it out' without damaging Hal, The risk of hurting Hal was never mentioned as a reason for Spectre's inability to separate Hal from Parallax. I don't have any idea what you could be referring to. Spectre was plain powerless to separate the two without assistance (even with years of effort), and that was made clear on two separate occasions -- Hal had to fight him on one hand during Green Lantern: Rebirth, and Carol had to anchor him with love during Blackest Night. Moreover, Spectre's relative inability to effect that separation with his own power is punctuated by the fact that Kyle and Hal managed to separate Parallax from Kyle. No Spectreforce needed. Spectre is really almost relatively powerless against Parallax on that level from his two on-panel performances. And it's worth noting that I'm not the only one that characterizes it that way:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Parallax04.jpg Originally posted by Juntai
however as soon as Hal's willpower shown through and as acting host made a conscious decision not influenced by Parallax to ask for Spectre to do something- which is significant in the character's history- he had no problem separating the two. He even seemed as if he were about to judge him, or at least try, then stopped and said he had 'interfered enough' concerning Jordan and that his new host about to be ready. -- During this time Parallax seems to be slowly drifting from the scene, cowering away? And then is absolutely delighted the moment Spectre leaves and suggests there is nothing 'tie his hands' now. I believe you have it backwards. Parallax wasn't cowering away -- he was just hanging out with no anchor until he assaulted Ganthet. It's the opposite. Spectre was the one afraid and running off. That was made clear by Hal and outright admitted by Spectre himself:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/th_Parallax01.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/th_Parallax03.jpg Originally posted by Juntai
Then in Blackest Night, Spectre was going to judge him again after helping remove him from Hal's soul again, but Parallax got pulled away and then Nekron appeared, and there he tried and failed because Nekron 'has no soul to judge', which seemed to be a dramatic way of saying Nekron is not alive or of the creation Spectre rampages around doing Vengeance in, he is the darkness from before the universe was born cast away by the light of creation itself.Considering Spectre's relative powerlessness against Parallax that I describe above (won't even get into the physical battering Hallax gave Spectre) and Spectre's stated fear, I don't think it's safe to assume Spectre would have successfully judged Parallax given the opportunity. Hallax outright mocked such a notion here:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Parallax05a.jpg

"You are more likely to eradicate the color yellow from reality than you are to eradicate me, Black Lantern. Fear will always exist." Hallax has a point after all. Parallax is part of the emotional spectrum of the universe. Not exactly a soul to be judged. Originally posted by -Pr-
You bastard. Problem? excellent

guy222
Jean

TheGodKiller
Nekron.

abhilegend
Nekron.

zopzop
Nekron.

Poor PF, Marvel phucked it over bad.

guy222
true

morrison's version of jean wins here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.