Green Lanterns vs The Fantasic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
The battle of the two awful movies teams! Which can defeat the other in a face off on the streets of New York City?

Live action versions for both teams. The Green Lantern team consists of Hal Jordan, Kilowag and Sinestro since those were the only Lanterns who did stuff in the movies, except Abin Sur but I don't know if the Fantastic Four can handle four Lanterns. If you guys think they can, he'll be added on to the team.

Lestov16
The Fantastic Four are Fantastic F**ked

the ninjak
Sue solos. Via bubbles in the brains/defensive telekinesis.

Afterwards Reed studies the rings for "fantastic" results.

Nephthys
Bubbles in the brain is something that only occured in the comics. Sue never did that in the movies to my knowledge.

McNasty996
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bubbles in the brain is something that only occured in the comics. Sue never did that in the movies to my knowledge.

I believe she threatened doom with it, but I believe the lanterns win.

the ninjak
She could do it and you guys know it.
A bimbo like that doesn't just threaten Doom with such a feat without being able to create force bubbles in thin air and realizing she can do it in someone's brain. Let alone anywhere else.

FF win.

GL Corps showed no ability to avoid such an assault in the film.

Nephthys
Naw, she could have just have been bluffing. Sue never showed the precision and skill necessary to pull something like that off in her movie form. Also Kilowog and Sinestro have alien physiology. Who knows if they even have brains up there. They could keep that shit in their crotches or something.

the ninjak
Naw, she could have just have been bluffing. Sue never showed the precision and skill necessary to pull something like that off in her movie form. Also Kilowog and Sinestro have alien physiology. Who knows if they even have brains up there. They could keep that shit in their crotches or something.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now you're bluffin. I need to watch the films again but she contained a Supernova on her first few days.
Make a small version of that in a GLs head and it's game over.
She makes telekinetic bubbles. Get used to it. She has used them to protect herself.

What do you think is harder. Holding a falling city bridge together while standing on it. Or making some telekinisis in a guys head?

Nephthys
I said skill. Just because she can make a huge force wall doesn't mean she can create tiny bubbles inside someones brain.

the ninjak
Bubble or not it's telekinesis. Move stuff inside a man's head in front of you is easier than holding a bridge together that you're standing on, on her first day.

A GL's power is his Will. Start ripping on its brain and you not only take away his Will but his ability to think at all.

Game Over.

Nephthys
By that logic the Lanterns should be able to do the same thing because they can create contructs out of thin air just like Sue can. Kilowog can create a mini-sun so it should be easy for him to create small expanding bubbles inside the F4's heads. Hell, the Green Lantern constructs are incredibly more complex than anything Sue ever creates, so it should be even easier for them to do it.

Also she doesn't have telekinesis. She can create forcefields. And she only ever mentioned the feat in question, she never actually did it. Plus I can't even remember her saying it, so thats unconfirmed.

Robtard
GL's protective-aura allowed him to resist both the gravitational pull and heat of Earth's sun at a close distance, Sue isn't getting past that with her force powers.

GL wins, easily too.

siriuswriter
So there's Invisi-Girl, Stretchy-Guy, Strongman, and Hot Shot.

The Green Lanterns can create anything that they can imagine.
Invisi-Girl - To find her location, throw dust, dirt, water at her to see her outline.
Stretchy-Guy - Do what Doom did; create an orb of impenetrable cold weather.
Strongman - This guy's problem is that if something is too delicate, he can't handle it, pick it up, etc.
Hot Shot - It's called Water.

The Green Lanterns win this 10/10

dadudemon
By that logic the Lanterns should be able to do the same thing because they can create contructs out of thin air just like Sue can. Kilowog can create a mini-sun so it should be easy for him to create small expanding bubbles inside the F4's heads. Hell, the Green Lantern constructs are incredibly more complex than anything Sue ever creates, so it should be even easier for them to do it.

Also she doesn't have telekinesis. She can create forcefields. And she only ever mentioned the feat in question, she never actually did it. Plus I can't even remember her saying it, so thats unconfirmed.

It looks like you had a clear winner in mind already when you created the thread, Rogue Jedi.

Also, there's no reason that the GL's could not also create a bubble in the brain. It would just be a green energy bubble.

Nephthys
Just because I made the thread doesn't mean I cannot post in it.

Pwned
Originally posted by dadudemon
It looks like you had a clear winner in mind already when you created the thread, Rogue Jedi. Ouch, low blow man. Low blow.

Impediment
The GLs effing rape harder than Lisbeth Salanders.

Nephthys
I didn't think the GLs would get this much support. They seemed fairly weak-sauce when I watched.

Impediment
There's not much of anything Reed, Ben, or Johnny can do. Sue is the wild card, but her movie version was severely de-powered. Comic Sue MIGHT be able to do something.

steverules_2
I didn't think the GLs would get this much support. They seemed fairly weak-sauce when I watched.

Thats because they went up against parallax...

Placidity
Pick one:

mZbjhL6jfXI

vqXE57VD3m8

steverules_2
Both...there are 4 of them smile

Placidity
Originally posted by steverules_2
there are 4 of them smile

didn't know that, have you seen it on YT?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Placidity
didn't know that, have you seen it on YT?

I meant he could do both move's cause there are 4 members of the FF stick out tongue Sorry I wasn't very clear

the ninjak

You need to watch FF2 again. She also held a bridge together.
Now Green Lanterns need to see what they are fighting. Aim their rings then "project" the construct from their rings.

Sue just needs to see the GLs in the air whilst invisible then put bubbles in their brains. She creates the bubble from within their heads. She doesn't have to go through their mouths or anything.

Originally posted by Robtard
GL's protective-aura allowed him to resist both the gravitational pull and heat of Earth's sun at a close distance, Sue isn't getting past that with her force powers.

GL wins, easily too.

They're aren't immune to damage! Hal got punched into a bus and was wounded. When Abin Sur got attacked on his ship shrapnel tore his guts open causing eventual death. An explosion! Once bubbles appear in Lantern's brains they have no more will. They fall dead. The rings are designed to protect their outer shells not their brains. If a GL is near a Sun the ring will work on fighting the gravitational pull and protect the GLs body. Once Hal fell unconscious he started to fall in. Take out the brain take out the GL.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
They're aren't immune to damage! Hal got punched into a bus and was wounded. When Abin Sur got attacked on his ship shrapnel tore his guts open causing eventual death. An explosion! Once bubbles appear in Lantern's brains they have no more will. They fall dead. The rings are designed to protect their outer shells not their brains.

It's a matter of will; when Hal is at the top of his game, he can withstand the Earth's sun at a fairly close range with his protective-aura.

To get to Hal's brain, the FF4 has to overcome his protective-aura first; they can't.

the ninjak
Stimulating the particles in the atomic structure of space is Telekinesis. She doesn't even need to see what she's manipulating just the general location.

Abin Sur was the Best! And he couldn't take an explosion.

Johnny goes Nova. GLs protect themselves from the heat whilst Sue pops their brains from the inside. GLs can only do so much they there is no prep in this fight. They don't know what the others can do. FF are going all out.

Robtard
Stimulating the particles in the atomic structure of space is Telekinesis. She doesn't even need to see what she's manipulating just the general location.

Abin Sur was the Best! And he couldn't take an explosion.

Johnny goes Nova. GLs protect themselves from the heat whilst Sue pops their brains from the inside. GLs can only do so much they there is no prep in this fight. They don't know what the others can do. FF are going all out.

She creates force-fields, ie an energy of sorts. We can physically see them at one point in the film(s). She'll need to get through Hal's protective-aura first to affect his brain, she's not Professor X. There is nothing to suggest she can simply his aura and bypass it with her powers. Unless you have something that shows this?

No, Hal was by the end of that shit film. PIS doesn't fly here.

Johnny's nova isn't greater than the energy output of the Earth's sun.

the ninjak
-I used Johnny's Nova as a distraction. Hence while I stated that the GLs block it while Sue does her work.

-PIS what are you taliking bout. Abin WAS the best. He couldn't take a simple explosion. So the other 3 die. Great! You're saying only Hal is good enough? Great.

-I've seen Sue create bubbles and telekinetic manips that didn't have to originate from her 'self'. God am I gonna have to watch these films againsad

Nephthys
Johnny going supernova would kill the rest of his team unless Sue uses all her energy containing it. You know that right?

You need to watch FF2 again. She also held a bridge together.
Now Green Lanterns need to see what they are fighting. Aim their rings then "project" the construct from their rings.

Sue just needs to see the GLs in the air whilst invisible then put bubbles in their brains. She creates the bubble from within their heads. She doesn't have to go through their mouths or anything.

Good 4 her. Green Lanterns can resist the pull of the Sun's gravity up close. You know, that thing that moves the entire solar system. Yeah, that.

Wheres your proof that the Lanterns are confined to only creating things they can see whilst Sue apparantly isn't? I find it absurd that you think that the Green Lanterns rings rely on line of sight considering they work entirely via imagination.

This entire point is kind of dumb anyway. While she's concentrating on expanding bubbles inside their heads, something which is unconfirmed whether she can actually do or not, the Lanterns casually blow her head off with a single blast.

Robtard
-I used Johnny's Nova as a distraction. Hence while I stated that the GLs block it while Sue does her work.

-So the other 3 die. Great! You're saying only Hal is good enough? Great.

-I've seen Sue create bubbles and telekinetic manips that didn't have to originate from her 'self'. God am I gonna have to watch these films againsad

A distraction is worthless if Sue can't do anything to get past the protective-aura while Hal is busy raping Johnny with a giant green dong and laughing.

No, all the FF4 die here, by Hal's clowny imagination. Good enough for?

Listen, if you have proof Sue's force-field powers can simply override or ignore Hal's protective-aura, then prove it and win the thread.

This is a stomp-thread, Hal need only create a heat-less mini-sun like Kilowog did and the the FF4 will be torn to pieces in a moment by it's gravitational-pull.

the ninjak
Johnny going supernova would kill the rest of his team unless Sue uses all her energy containing it. You know that right?

Good 4 her. Green Lanterns can resist the pull of the Sun's gravity up close. You know, that thing that moves the entire solar system. Yeah, that.

Wheres your proof that the Lanterns are confined to only creating things they can see whilst Sue apparantly isn't? I find it absurd that you think that the Green Lanterns rings rely on line of sight considering they work entirely via imagination.

This entire point is kind of dumb anyway. While she's concentrating on expanding bubbles inside their heads, something which is unconfirmed whether she can actually do or not, the Lanterns casually blow her head off with a single blast. Originally posted by Robtard
A distraction is worthless if Sue can't do anything to get past the protective-aura while Hal is busy raping Johnny with a giant green dong and laughing.

No, all the FF4 die here, by Hal's clowny imagination. Good enough for?

Listen, if you have proof Sue's force-field powers can simply override or ignore Hal's protective-aura, then prove it and win the thread.

This is a stomp-thread, Hal need only create a heat-less mini-sun like Kilowog did and the the FF4 will be torn to pieces in a moment by it's gravitational-pull.

You kids are good at reading only particular parts of a post and ripping into it.

I am completely aware of the Sun's gravity feat and I explained why it doesn't matter when a bubble appearing in a GL's brain would stop their ability to not only use the ring anymore but would kill them instantly.
Abin Sur died from mere shrapnel in the belly from an explosion. Hal got badly winded by being punched into a bus.
Take out the brain

Robtard
You kids are good at reading only particular parts of a post and ripping into it.

I am completely aware of the Sun's gravity feat and I explained why it doesn't matter when a bubble appearing in a GL's brain would stop their ability to not only use the ring anymore but would kill them instantly.
Abin Sur died from mere shrapnel in the belly from an explosion. Hal got badly winded by being punched into a bus.

LoL, says the guy who continues to ignore that Sue would need to get past Hal's protective-aura first to get at his brain. Unless of course you can prove she could bypass or ignore the aura with her powers? 3rd time I've asked.

So you're taking PIS and the lowest possible showings for the GLs/Hal here; while giving all and more to the FF4? Bias much?

Nephthys

Take out the brain

And you're really good at avoiding the point.

Prove that she can even do the bubble in the brain thing and then we'll talk.

the ninjak
Isn't this aura just an outer defence? Did the film state otherwise? Why would it stop a telepathic, pyrokinetic or telekinetic attack originating inside of it?

And I agree Nephthys my whole argument is based upon Sue saying that she can do it.

And to be honest I'm surprised nobody has said that Sue in character would never kill a bunch of space cops to avoid them getting arrested.
Without the bubble in the brain they all get arrested quickly.

I also just finished work and speed through the 2nd film. A horrible film. I was hoping there would be a scene where Sue blocked Dooms blasts once he stole the power cosmic. There was only a scene where when they were flying she blocked the teams flying ship from his first blast. My idea being if she can stimulate the particles in a GL's brain and she withstood an attack from the Power Cosmic. Which is stronger than OAN energy should also do the trick.

K-Dog
Barring any brain bubble stuff by either side, I think a green lantern could take on the "combined" fantastic four/ super skrull thingy they made when they combined all their powers. The lantern would have to watch out through, cuz if Ben hits them once it is over.

Placidity
Even if we accept the bubble power, while she manages to kill one GL, another would avenge the fallen the next instant.

the ninjak
Even if we accept the bubble power, while she manages to kill one GL, another would avenge the fallen the next instant.

But she's invisible. And she only needs to see them.
She withstood an attack from Doom shooting the Fantasticar with her fields.
That was the Power Cosmic.
Though she later copped a concentrated spear through her chest later in the film.
Doom's blasts turned a military General into CUBES.

If Sue can repel Power Cosmic energy. She can withstand the OAN energy passively protecting GLs whilst popping heads.

But it's all heresay anyways. And against Sues character. But if she went all out. Heads will pop.

the ninjak
non CIS fight. Sue wins this.

jinXed by JaNx

not if johnny is going super nova and the Thing is going to work

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
not if johnny is going super nova and the Thing is going to work

Johnny can't go super nova:

1. Without Sue's shield, Reed says going Nova can destroy the Earth.

2. Lets say he does it anyway, GL's have been unaffected when next to the heat of the sun, and thats just with their "normal" "protective aura".

Thing can't even touch the airborne Lanterns. And he has no way of resisting being picked up by a giant hand and just thrown out of the battlefield.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.