Highlighting moment in comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This thread is dedicated to the heros that has shown pure will, power, and strength to overcome things that should have been outside of their power due to either the villian or the circumstances. Please post the most highlighting moments that has existed in your opinion...something that was major and something that has to do with power, strength, and will. You can use any comic, hero, vid (as long as its comic related).

Here is mine...

Goku was beaten, thrashed, down and out...all of his power was depleted. The villian is standing above him in the air laughing because he knows victory is just a step away. He decides to make a show out of it and power up an attack that is ready and juiced to destroy Earth. Vegeta, a friend of Goku is about to sacrifice his life to stop this planetary blast with a blast of his own but Goku knowing that Vegeta cant over power the Villian due to the villian being Trillions of times more powerful than Vegeta and Goku knowing that Vegeta would die during the process push Vegeta out of the way of the blast. The planetary blast is coming at Goku at full speed by a Villian that is trillions of times more powerful than him. Goku lifts his hands in the air and stops this blast... he power through the attack off of pure will alone. He grabs the City size blast and push it backwards. He gives an awesome speech while pushing back a planetary+ blast. The Villian is pissed that Goku is stopping this blast when he knows Goku energy was suppose to be gone, depleted. The Villian then adds more power to the blast, enough power that it is seen from the outskirts of the planet. Goku is still pushing the blast back, enduring all of this power. Goku then absorbs all this power into himself and pass out afterwards. The rest after this is amazing as well but thats one of the most high lighting scenes I have ever witnessed from a hero. Overpowering something that was produced by someone that was multitudes more powerful than him. Goku IS the greatest hero imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QRZ74gyTYc

JakeTheBank
I thought this was a good thread idea.

Then I saw your example.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Then I saw your example.

This

CosmicComet

Then I saw your example.

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/7782.gif

carver9

Then I saw your example.

laughing out loud What's wrong with my example?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud What's wrong with my example?

Goku IS the greatest hero imo.

CosmicComet
Nothing wrong with saying that.

The offense comes from using a GT example.

carver9

lol...Ok, ok...I know I was reaching when I said that. People like Superman and Thor is up there with him as well. Do you have any examples of a scene Jake.

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nothing wrong with saying that.

The offense comes from using a GT example.

GT was overall....TERRIBLE but Goku is an amazing character imo. I think Superman is a better hero due to what he have to live through on a day by day basis but Goku isnt that far behind imo.

CosmicComet
Big ups for that video using a Tiesto track though.

knamsayn.

carver9
Big ups for that video using a Tiesto track though.

knamsayn.

You did something different to either your Sig...don't know what it is but I didnt know who I was quoting until I did a double take. Whatever is different, change it back to what it was.

CosmicComet
GT was overall....TERRIBLE but Goku is an amazing character imo. I think Superman is a better hero due to what he have to live through on a day by day basis but Goku isnt that far behind imo.

1. Superman
2. Optimus Prime
3. Captain America
4. Goku
5. No clue who can round out this list for heroism. Thor i guess, but he's not iconic enough imo.

edit: lol. i had the ancient chinese dude lu bu as my set.

carver9
1. Superman
2. Optimus Prime
3. Captain America
4. Goku
5. No clue who can round out this list for heroism. Thor i guess, but he's not iconic enough imo.

What about Batman?

CosmicComet
What about Batman?

Nah. **** Batman.

He's not someone who inspires hope in the masses, give rousing speeches, impart good values, or loved by seemingly everyone.

That's kinda the hero archetype my list is meant to represent, roughly.

Actually, put Spiderman at number 5.

Zack Fair
Is this exclusive to comics or can heroes from other genres/mediums be nominated. Following Carv's example I would assume the answer is yes but still...

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Is this exclusive to comics or can heroes from other genres/mediums be nominated. Following Carv's example I would assume the answer is yes but still...

Yes...any hero can be used. Scans or Vids would be nice as well.

carver9
Nah. **** Batman.

He's not someone who inspires hope in the masses, give rousing speeches, impart good values, or loved by seemingly everyone.

That's kinda the hero archetype my list is meant to represent, roughly.

Actually, put Spiderman at number 5.

Spiderman isn't confident enough imo to be an inspirational hero. I would put Wonder Woman above him.

Parmaniac
Spiderman isn't confident enough imo to be an inspirational hero. I would put Wonder Woman above him. He inspired Captain America to found the Avengers, you can't be any more inspiering.

CosmicComet
Spiderman isn't confident enough imo to be an inspirational hero. I would put Wonder Woman above him.

Are you kidding?

She's a woman.

uhuh

Zack Fair
This would be mine

LuPpCSmT4dE

Old, battered and broken and yet he still completed his mission to the very end. Even if it meant walking through a hall full of microwaves.

CosmicComet
Word.

Snake is a baws.

A big baws.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
He inspired Captain America to found the Avengers, you can't be any more inspiering.

I understand that but he doesn't make sacrifices like the people mentioned in this thread and almost everyone mentioned here has died by putting their life on the line to save innocents. I can't see Spiderman sacrificing himself in that type of fashion.

Parmaniac
I understand that but he doesn't make sacrifices like the people mentioned in this thread and almost everyone mentioned here has died by putting their life on the line to save innocents. I can't see Spiderman sacrificing himself in that type of fashion. No of course not that's why he ran away from worthy thing in the hospital, oh wait.

Sin I AM
Are you kidding?

She's a woman.

uhuh

http://www.funkship.com/blogimages/WonderWomanDidnt.jpg

reported for sexism

CosmicComet
whats good homie

you wanna swang?

you will lose

Damborgson
Goku is a great hero no doubt. Not the greatest to me though. Also I hate GT with a passion.

carver9
No of course not that's why he ran away from worthy thing in the hospital, oh wait.

Damn...forgot about that. I still wouldn't rank him in the top 5.

Parmaniac
A lot of stuff from Naruto Shippuuden comes to mind but all of that had context worth several episodes even the villains had their moments.

carver9
A lot of stuff from Naruto Shippuuden comes to mind but all of that had context worth several episodes even the villains had their moments.

What moments? Are you referring to Naruto overall?

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Goku is a great hero no doubt. Not the greatest to me though. Also I hate GT with a passion.

You can't say that wasn't a good scene though. Power wise, Will power as well, and hope along with putting himself last before friends, family, and people that he doesn't even know.

Everything involved in being a true hero was placed into that one scene.

Parmaniac
What moments? Are you referring to Naruto overall? Yeah overall, Shikamarus revenge in the Hidan / Kakuzu fight was kinda awesome considering what Hidan has done, Naruto loosing control against Pain, Itachi vs. Sasuke or Sasukes interference at the Kage meeting not all are "sacreficing" moments but all were awesome.

Badabing
This thread is dedicated to the heros that has shown pure will, power, and strength to overcome things that should have been outside of their power due to either the villian or the circumstances. Please post the most highlighting moments that has existed in your opinion...something that was major and something that has to do with power, strength, and will. You can use any comic, hero, vid (as long as its comic related).

Here is mine...

Goku was beaten, thrashed, down and out...all of his power was depleted. The villian is standing above him in the air laughing because he knows victory is just a step away. He decides to make a show out of it and power up an attack that is ready and juiced to destroy Earth. Vegeta, a friend of Goku is about to sacrifice his life to stop this planetary blast with a blast of his own but Goku knowing that Vegeta cant over power the Villian due to the villian being Trillions of times more powerful than Vegeta and Goku knowing that Vegeta would die during the process push Vegeta out of the way of the blast. The planetary blast is coming at Goku at full speed by a Villian that is trillions of times more powerful than him. Goku lifts his hands in the air and stops this blast... he power through the attack off of pure will alone. He grabs the City size blast and push it backwards. He gives an awesome speech while pushing back a planetary+ blast. The Villian is pissed that Goku is stopping this blast when he knows Goku energy was suppose to be gone, depleted. The Villian then adds more power to the blast, enough power that it is seen from the outskirts of the planet. Goku is still pushing the blast back, enduring all of this power. Goku then absorbs all this power into himself and pass out afterwards. The rest after this is amazing as well but thats one of the most high lighting scenes I have ever witnessed from a hero. Overpowering something that was produced by someone that was multitudes more powerful than him. Goku IS the greatest hero imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QRZ74gyTYc dislike

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
dislike

laughing That scene was art.

LordofBrooklyn
1. Spider-Man- Spider-Man lifts a machine that is way out of his range to save lives.

2. Karate Kid- Karate Kid fights off Nemesis Kid who is virtually unbeatable.

3. Aztek- " Tell them I did my job"

4. Captain Marvel- Kingdom Come 4 "SHAZAM"!

carver9
This would be mine

LuPpCSmT4dE

Old, battered and broken and yet he still completed his mission to the very end. Even if it meant walking through a hall full of microwaves.

Ok...this was intense. Yeah, this is one of the top ones as well.

JakeTheBank
The arrival of the Supermen of the Multiverse was a highlight for me.

dmills
When Richard Rider went from boy to man. He knew what was at stake, knew that in all likelihood he'd be killed, but he did it anyway because he knew that it had to be done.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325558152.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325558366.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325558417.jpg

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Damborgson

All sane people do

tkitna
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/battle68.jpg

Prep-Man
Animal Man going into the Red.

Jynocidus
I like this thread. You should have used the Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu as the example.

Scoobless
Sam carrying Frodo up mt doom.

Not a comic? don't give a f@ck, Sam is the man. period.

psycho gundam

Then I saw your example. thread died in the OP

-Pr-
How is this a Vs thread?

Why should I not close it?

Scoobless
would you accept a bribe?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scoobless
would you accept a bribe?

Take DBZ out of the thread and I might consider it.

Scoobless
All I got is a potato ... figured i'd be getting change from that from an Irishman.

no expression

-Pr-
All I got is a potato ... figured i'd be getting change from that from an Irishman.

no expression

Coming from a scotsman that's not much of an insult, considering that for you guys, a potato is a relatively new invention.

Scoobless
Originally posted by -Pr-
Coming from a scotsman that's not much of an insult, considering that for you guys, a potato is a relatively new invention.

no, no, no ... you're supposed to say something about haggis, men in skirts or groundskeeper Willie .... you've obviously been in canada too long.

also, you could say something about Scots being drunken bastards .... if you weren't Irish.

stick out tongue

carver9
Take DBZ out of the thread and I might consider it.

It's not just about DBZ, its about all heroes. It's kind of a versus thread because it involves fighting scenes. Don't hate. HATER.

-Pr-
no, no, no ... you're supposed to say something about haggis, men in skirts or groundskeeper Willie .... you've obviously been in canada too long.

also, you could say something about Scots being drunken bastards .... if you weren't Irish.

stick out tongue

mmm

It's not just about DBZ, its about all heroes. It's kind of a versus thread because it involves fighting scenes. Don't hate. HATER.

What am I hating on?

carver9
mmm

What am I hating on?

We both know what you are hating on.

-Pr-
We both know what you are hating on.

I don't, so please, enlighten me.

carver9
I don't, so please, enlighten me.

The first thing that crossed your mind when I said you were hating...that's what I'm talking about. I don't want to put you on blast Pr.

-Pr-
The first thing that crossed your mind when I said you were hating...that's what I'm talking about. I don't want to put you on blast Pr.

I don't know what any of that is supposed to mean.

carver9
I don't know what any of that is supposed to mean.

You are hating on Goku.

-Pr-
You are hating on Goku.

Oh, him. No, I'm not. I'd have to take an interest in him to hate him.

This isn't an anime or manga forum. We have one of those. Hence my willingness to close the thread, as it would be off topic.

carver9
Oh, him. No, I'm not. I'd have to take an interest in him to hate him.

This isn't an anime or manga forum. We have one of those. Hence my willingness to close the thread, as it would be off topic.

It's about all characters though...not just anime. You can post fts from Marvel or DC characters. It's an open discussion.

-Pr-
It's about all characters though...not just anime. You can post fts from Marvel or DC characters. It's an open discussion.

That can't include DBZ characters. erm

Besides, I know how you get when it's brought up.

carver9
That can't include DBZ characters. erm

Besides, I know how you get when it's brought up.

That's my last comment on the character. People have brought up good scenes involving other characters outside of DBZ.

Kid Kurdy
I understand that but he doesn't make sacrifices like the people mentioned in this thread and almost everyone mentioned here has died by putting their life on the line to save innocents. I can't see Spiderman sacrificing himself in that type of fashion.
Wow. Just wow.

So wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start.

rotiart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nrctl9rqR8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone

carver9
No more high high lighted moments.?

Colossus-Big C
Brolly
Goku
thor
black adam (ww3)
captain america

Lol @ Superman being anywhere near the list of most powerful heroes, the guy is a fagget

Nietzschean

Then I saw your example. wth is wrong with you, Carver?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rwTWXfBBDRg/TOVxdvHNZiI/AAAAAAAABR8/oAX91nk75O4/s1600/eye-twitch.jpg

Galan007
The union of Apollo and Midnighter. Big highlight. For me, at least.

the Darkone
This would be mine

LuPpCSmT4dE

Damn right, and the fight at the end was the cherry on top!!

carver9
Originally posted by Nietzschean
wth is wrong with you, Carver?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rwTWXfBBDRg/TOVxdvHNZiI/AAAAAAAABR8/oAX91nk75O4/s1600/eye-twitch.jpg

laughing out loud

Sr J-Bieb
You can use any comic, hero, vid (as long as its comic related). Originally posted by carver9
Here is mine...

Goku was beaten, thrashed, down and out...all of his power was depleted.

what

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
what

Lol...why do you have to do me like this Bieb? I just don't get it.

Sr J-Bieb
You're not the only moron on this forum Carver. erm

Heh, forum moron

carver9
You're not the only moron on this forum Carver. erm

Heh, forum moron

Thanks. You're such a nice guy.

Sr J-Bieb
Thanks. You're such a nice guy. http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP00391922/hi-5-3.jpg

cdtm

0. Popeye
1. Superman
2. Optimus Prime
3. Captain America
4. Goku

cdtm
And Tommy Monaghan may deserve -1 on that list.

Tommy's last stand was amazing. One of the highlights of comics for me.

http://westfieldcomics.com/wow/art/backlist/med/2007_08-dc075.jpg

cdtm
And how about the end of Lord Morpheus?

Try and read that without feeling something.

Or Swamp Thing confronting the Great Evil Beast...

carver9
Scans?

-Pr-
http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-EP00391922/hi-5-3.jpg

I remember that show...

carver9
Bump thread...I think this was a good idea.

JakeTheBank
Even though Siege was a crap event, I've got to say that that scene with Iron Patriot barking orders at everyone only for the final panels to have Captain America's thrown shield reflect in the surface of his helmet was pretty epic.

Estacado
Ichigo wtfpwning Ulqiorra was badass!!

Igniz
Hulk facing his resurrected father that turned into Devil Hulk in Incredible Hulks#620.

Zeus Manhandling the Hulk in Incredible Hulks#622.

cool

MF DELPH
I'm not home to post the clip (at work behind firewall), but the scene from Transformer: The Movie where Optimus Prime says "Megatron must be stopped.", transforms, rolls out, and proceeds to singlehandedly take down damn near the entire attacking Decepticon force (that owned all the Autobots up to that point) as "You've Got the Touch" plays in the background, has to be the all time #1 hero highlight moment in the history of herodom.

Any genre.

carver9
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'm not home to post the clip (at work behind firewall), but the scene from Transformer: The Movie where Optimus Prime says "Megatron must be stopped.", transforms, rolls out, and proceeds to singlehandedly take down damn near the entire attacking Decepticon force (that owned all the Autobots up to that point) as "You've Got the Touch" plays in the background, has to be the all time #1 hero highlight moment in the history of herodom.

Any genre.

I think I know which scene you are talking about and I rewinded that scene at least 10 times. Loved it.

PillarofOsiris

Then I saw your example.

thumb up

CosmicComet

Any genre.

Damn.

That's pretty awesome that this is your favorite heroic scene.

It's hella high for me too.

Jfd-SEnPjgU

Optimus is on par with Supes and Cap as far as hero-status goes.

JakeTheBank
One of Thor's highlights for me was when he fought the amped Thanosi in Jurgen's run for the fate of the universe.

CosmicComet
Nowadays, he'd just be one shotted, with someone like Tony and Clint lasting longer.

no expression

Damborgson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnotLzXLq_M

I just about squealed at 12:28

JakeTheBank
Yeah, which is sad. Solo-book Thor was always >= Avengers Thor, but now it's phucking ridiculous.

One of my favorite Cap moments ever though was him fighting Kang in single combat during the Kang War, which is probably one of the single greatest Avengers arcs of all time. It was pretty badass as Cap mastered the same fighting style as Kang in mere moments before sonning him.

Estacado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKeZB-KYA8

quanchi112

Any genre. That was truly epic. It's like we finish each other's sentences.

Endless Mike
But right after that he got killed

CosmicComet
He didn't get killed right after that.

He got mortally wounded, but not before putting Megatron in intensive care from a double hammer fist, and thus causing the entire Decepticon squadron to retreat.

HueyFreeman

Any genre. That and when galvatron shows up for the first time
Starscream - "Megatron? Is that you ?

Galvatron - " You figure it out" . He than turns into a canon and blows starscream away.

MF DELPH
As a kid Transformers The Movie was like a life changing event. I was like 6 and an avid Transformers fan (what kid wasn't then?). That scene, and Optimus sacrifice death made me truly sad and I actually cried in the theatre (being 32 years old now and secure I can admit stuff like that, lol. I also cried watching An American Tale the following year. 80s cartoon films were the shit).

Anyway, another epic moment in herodom is from the first Matrix film. The Famous Hallway scene where Smith shoots Neo and leaves him for dead, then Trinity whispers in his ear about what the Oracle told her and her love for him and urges him to get up (he's dead at that point), and then he resurrects himself and unlocks his powers as The One. I remember the reaction of the audience when the Agents shot at Neo and he just raised his hand and said "No" and stopped all the bullets, then casually sonned Smith, dove in his chest and blew him up, then flexed and caused the Matrix to ripple. The whole theatre went nuts. That was a classic scene.

Endless Mike
He didn't get killed right after that.

He got mortally wounded, but not before putting Megatron in intensive care from a double hammer fist, and thus causing the entire Decepticon squadron to retreat.

What I meant was that he got a fatal wound right after that and died as a result

Sr J-Bieb
When Red Skull had the entire planet under his rule with the Cube, and Cap never gave up fighting him everywhere. He eventually killed him as well.

And that power went into Korvac who reshaped his universe many times in an effort to escape Cap. Which led to Korvac surrendering his power, which went back to RS getting the power back, and Cap killing him again.

Epic sequence for a mere "peak human".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.