CISless Thor and Surfer vs. CIS Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Regular Thanos
2. CISless Thanos

Who wins

quanchi112
Thanos,10/10.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos,10/10.

i like u

h1a8
I mean either in CISless form would give Thanos one hell of a fight.
Both together though stomp him hard. I don't know what Thanos did to deserve all of this, lol.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
I mean either in CISless form would give Thanos one hell of a fight.
Both together though stomp him hard. I don't know what Thanos did to deserve all of this, lol. Based off of what ?

Sundipped
Thanos,10/10.

laughing out loud Didn't even take time to break down the stips. You know its 2 scenarios. Unless you mean Thanos 20/20 for both.

h1a8
Based off of what ?

Based off all the nasty shyte they can do together against Thanos when CIS if is off for them.
I mean Thanos would have some serious problems with black holes inside him or boards hitting him from behind at a million times C or hammers bopping him upside the head or Thor redirecting his blasts back at him at 100x more power.

I would have never argued this thread if you wouldn't gave a typical 10/10 for Thanos. I know your reasoning now. You argue the extreme so that others can negotiate up to it. Like a car salesmans who really wants to sell the car for X dollars but says X+Y so that he can negotiate down to his initial price.

Are you a salesman Quanchi?

quanchi112
Based off all the nasty shyte they can do together against Thanos when CIS if is off for them.
I mean Thanos would have some serious problems with black holes inside him or boards hitting him from behind at a million times C or hammers bopping him upside the head or Thor redirecting his blasts back at him at 100x more power.

I would have never argued this thread if you wouldn't gave a typical 10/10 for Thanos. I know your reasoning now. You argue the extreme so that others can negotiate up to it. Like a car salesmans who really wants to sell the car for X dollars but says X+Y so that he can negotiate down to his initial price.

Are you a salesman Quanchi? Shields.

h1a8
Shields.

Shields at most only fights for stalemate, and at least makes Thanos a sitting duck until they are easily broken under constant bombardment.
The moment Thanos wants to attack is the moment he is at a disadvantage.

quanchi112
Shields at most only fights for stalemate, and at least makes Thanos a sitting duck until they are easily broken under constant bombardment.
The moment Thanos wants to attack is the moment he is at a disadvantage. He puts them in force block while the shields up. Game over. You lose.

h1a8
He puts them in force block while the shields up. Game over. You lose. Although they can either evade the force block, phase through it, or absorb it he can't do such things with his shields up.

Otherwise I can make up new abilities and say Surfer phases and travels inside Thanos shield and plants a few black holes in Thanos brains. Game over. You lose.

quanchi112
Although they can either evade the force block, phase through it, or absorb it he can't do such things with his shields up.

Otherwise I can make up new abilities and say Surfer phases and travels inside Thanos shield and plants a few black holes in Thanos brains. Game over. You lose. Thor can't phase through it. Thor needs to break through it. Thanos can encase the Surfer in it as well. I am not making up abilities I am using Thanos' powers and shields make the black holes never able to touch an eyelash on Thanos' handsome head.

I win.

h1a8
Thor can't phase through it. Thor needs to break through it. Thanos can encase the Surfer in it as well. I am not making up abilities I am using Thanos' powers and shields make the black holes never able to touch an eyelash on Thanos' handsome head.

I win.

Thor can absorb it, the phasing refers to Surfer. Read my post correctly now. Show me a scan of Thanos doing a forceblock on someone with his shields up. Til then you are making up abilities.

quanchi112
Thor can absorb it, the phasing refers to Surfer. Read my post correctly now. Show me a scan of Thanos doing a forceblock on someone with his shields up. Til then you are making up abilities. Thor didn't absorb it. The blast on Odin wasn't even visibly blasted so there goes Thor's chance to block it. The forceblock doesn't have to be shot try reading some comics. Please.

Sabro
Thor and Surfer 10/10 both scenarios.

h1a8
Thor didn't absorb it. The blast on Odin wasn't even visibly blasted so there goes Thor's chance to block it. The forceblock doesn't have to be shot try reading some comics. Please. Thor COULD absorb it since Thanos COULD shoot it while shields are up. Get it?

Writer's intention was that it was a blast. "Such foul tactics may serve you well against my son, varlet! But the father will not be so easily vanquished." Try reading comics.

quanchi112
Thor COULD absorb it since Thanos COULD shoot it while shields are up. Get it?

Writer's intention was that it was a blast. "Such foul tactics may serve you well against my son, varlet! But the father will not be so easily vanquished." Try reading comics. No, you can't say that's the writer's intent since the blast was never drawn. It had the same end effect meaning imprisoning someone in pure force block but he didn't have the gun on him. You are so bad at this sometimes. By sometimes I mean all the time.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
1. Regular Thanos
2. CISless Thanos

Who wins

Heres the thing, in my honest ignoring-Quans-ridiculousness opinion, Thanos is more powerful than either of them, but doesnt have anywhere near the versatility in his powerset to defeat a CIS-less Thor and Surfer in either senario...

I mean, if you just thought about all the crazy, creative, things they could combine to do to Thanos; they could mess him up many times over without ever coming within harms way of Thanos...they literally dont have to directly engage him at all to defeat him.

I honestly dont even think Thor is needed here; a CIS-less Surfer should be able to defeat Thanos solo in either senario...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Heres the thing, in my honest ignoring-Quans-ridiculousness opinion, Thanos is more powerful than either of them, but doesnt have anywhere near the versatility in his powerset to defeat a CIS-less Thor and Surfer in either senario...

I mean, if you just thought about all the crazy, creative, things they could combine to do to Thanos; they could mess him up many times over without ever coming within harms way of Thanos...they literally dont have to directly engage him at all to defeat him.

I honestly dont even think Thor is needed here; a CIS-less Surfer should be able to defeat Thanos solo in either senario... laughing out loud So just ignore the comics. Gotcha.

The Sorrow
Surfer has never been a threat to Thanos at all and it took everything Thor had and he still couldn't take down a weaker clone of Thanos. I personally don't see the team winning here.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Surfer has never been a threat to Thanos at all and it took everything Thor had and he still couldn't take down a weaker clone of Thanos. I personally don't see the team winning here.

Surfer fights Thanos both with CIS on and very stupidly given what he is capable of in actual comicbooks; I imagine a CIS-less Surfer fighting Thanos very "cheese-ily."

Afterall, why engage Thanos directly when you really dont have to?

He could just systematically fly around Thanos's immediate vicinty at superluminal velocity turning object after object into a black hole...eventually Thanos would be trapped by a gravity well and Surfer wins easily via BFR without ever once coming within Thanos's ability to strike him.

So I say again, comicbook history would mean nothing against a CIS'less Surfer; a CIS-less Surfer could actually use his abilities creatively instead of just flying right up to Thanos so Thanos can beat him to death...

quanchi112
Surfer fights Thanos both with CIS on and very stupidly given what he is capable of in actual comicbooks; I imagine a CIS-less Surfer fighting Thanos very "cheese-ily."

He could just systematically fly around Thanos's immediate vicinty at superluminal velocity turning object after object into a black hole...eventually Thanos would be trapped by a gravity well and Surfer wins easily via BFR without ever once coming within Thanos's ability to strike him.

So I say again, comicbook history would mean nothing against a CIS'less Surfer; a CIS-less Surfer could actually use his abilities creatively instead of just flying right up to Thanos so Thanos can beat him to death... Fallen One tried speed he couldn't do a thing.

TheLordofMurder
Fallen One tried speed he couldn't do a thing.

Fallen One didnt fly around systematically turning the environment into black holes either; Surfer in this senario could (and definitely would if I am in control of him)...

Surfer could perform the same constant travel at superluminal speed without ever actually getting close to Thanos tactic, but instead of creating black holes, systematically transmute all available matter into antimatter; Thanos would be blown to bits without ever getting the chance to fight back...

And I am just scratching the surface of all the creative things Surfer could do with his powerset without ever actually having to face Thanos directly...

Thanos cant win...

quanchi112
Fallen One didnt fly around systematically turning the environment into black holes either; Surfer in this senario could (and definitely would if I am in control of him)...

Surfer could perform the same constant travel at superluminal speed without ever actually getting close to Thanos tactic, but instead of creating black holes, systematically transmute all available matter into antimatter; Thanos would be blown to bits without ever getting the chance to fight back...

And I am just scratching the surface of all the creative things Surfer could do with his powerset without ever actually having to face Thanos directly...

Thanos cant win... Shields. He can't touch Thanos if he doesn't want him to. Thanos also laughs off Surfer's attacks whereas the Surfer isn't in Thanos' league by any means.

TheLordofMurder
Shields. He can't touch Thanos if he doesn't want him to. Thanos also laughs off Surfer's attacks whereas the Surfer isn't in Thanos' league by any means.

And if Surfer transmutes a portion of those shields into anti-matter (thereby causing a massive explosion with the normal matter portion of the shielding)?

Afterall, those shields are composed of particles and all particles have an anti-particle; Thanos cant hide behind shields against a CIS-less Surfer...

Thanos's shields end up harming him instead of helping him in this senario...

quanchi112
And if Surfer transmutes a portion of those shields into anti-matter (thereby causing a massive explosion with the normal matter portion of the shielding)?

Afterall, those shields are composed of particles and all particles have an anti-particle; Thanos cant hide behind shields against a CIS-less Surfer...

Thanos's shields end up harming him instead of helping him in this senario... If Galactus can't do so and needed to break through by sheer force and he gave the Surfer his powers what makes you think the Surfer can. You are just making things up and ignoring the comics. Doom has made tech to steal his powers before. Quit making things up and ignoring the comics.

TheLordofMurder
If Galactus can't do so and needed to break through by sheer force and he gave the Surfer his powers what makes you think the Surfer can. You are just making things up and ignoring the comics. Doom has made tech to steal his powers before. Quit making things up and ignoring the comics.

I am not ignoring comics; I am ignoring CIS as the OP dictates...

Without CIS and comicbook stupidity (ie...using physical force as a solution to most problems), Galactus could have gotten to Thanos through his shielding the exactly same way I describe the Surfer doing so...

Galactus would have a far easier time, though, as his matter/energy manip is far, far, greater than the Surfer's; a CIS-less Galactus could just transmute half of Thanos's body (along with half of his shielding) into anti-matter so that it completely annihilates itself...

But I digress; Thanos cant even defend himself (let alone fight back) against a CIS-less Silver Surfer...

quanchi112
I am not ignoring comics; I am ignoring CIS as the OP dictates...

Without CIS and comicbook stupidity (ie...using physical force as a solution to most problems), Galactus could have gotten to Thanos through his shielding the exactly same way I describe the Surfer doing so...

Galactus would have a far easier time, though, as his matter/energy manip is far, far, greater than the Surfer's; a CIS-less Galactus could just transmute half of Thanos's body (along with half of his shielding) into anti-matter so that it completely annihilates itself...

But I digress; Thanos cant even defend himself (let alone fight back) against a CIS-less Silver Surfer... Except he didn't you just are making unsupported claims and ignoring certain shielding tech is greater than others. Thanos owns the Surfer in comics but in your mind Surfer wins which means in your mind the comics don't matter. In a fanboy's mind Batman can defeat Superman.

The Sorrow

So I say again, comicbook history would mean nothing against a CIS'less Surfer; a CIS-less Surfer could actually use his abilities creatively instead of just flying right up to Thanos so Thanos can beat him to death...
No he doesn't Surfer has been bloodlusted against Thanos and still his power is nothing against him. You "imagining" is simply that your imagination and not backed up by anything that's happened in the books it seems. The facts are both Thor and Surfer's power is not enough to take Thanos down, it is possible they could win via BFR but other than that they lose. BFR isn't even really defeating someone either.

Nihilist
Cis less Thanos...omni blast with shields up end of story.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
Cis less Thanos...omni blast with shields up end of story.

Omni-blast against someone who moves at Superluminal speeds eh? Unless you have proof that Thanos's omni-blasts move FTL, then they'll never touch a being that can move many, many, times the speed of light...

Those shields are easily defeated via transmutation as well...

But I waste my time; TDF members are seemingly forming a perimeter around their beloved leader, and so, all arguments that dont fall in line with "Thanos wins" are ignored...

laughing out loud

Nihilist
Omni-blast against someone who moves at Superluminal speeds eh? Unless you have proof that Thanos's omni-blasts move FTL, then they'll never touch a being that can move many, many, times the speed of light...Seeing as Thanos has tagged people moving at ftl speeds and his Omni blasts cover a vast area... you do know cis less is not cbr/power set debating right.

Gimme some proof to back that up, seeing as Thanos can transmute and matter manip seeing as we are going cis less.

*sigh* butthurt kid strikes again facepalm

TheLordofMurder
Seeing as Thanos has tagged people moving at ftl speeds and his Omni blasts cover a vast area... you do know cis less is not cbr/power set debating right.

Gimme some proof to back that up, seeing as Thanos can transmute and matter manip seeing as we are going cis less.

Take that purple wang out of your mouth child or else we are going to throw Thanos in jail for molestation!

laughing out loud

Nihilist
Take that purple wang out of your mouth child or else we are going to throw Thanos in jail for molestation!

laughing out loud concession accepted again son, its too easy with you.

h1a8
No, you can't say that's the writer's intent since the blast was never drawn. It had the same end effect meaning imprisoning someone in pure force block but he didn't have the gun on him. You are so bad at this sometimes. By sometimes I mean all the time.

It makes no sense that Thanos can forceblock someone without shooting them with a blast as he shown before. It contradicts Thanos entire history of having blasts come from his hands pointing or his eyes. What can now just wish it to appear around someone? The writer clearly wanted the reader to remember the incident with Thor (which was a blast) as why Odin said what he said.

I dare you to argue that Thanos can forceblock anyone without ever having to shoot a blast at them (wishing it on them) with the other posters (especially the mods).

h1a8
Surfer has never been a threat to Thanos at all and it took everything Thor had and he still couldn't take down a weaker clone of Thanos. I personally don't see the team winning here. The clone was more powerful than Thanos himself. Plus you are going off comic characters and not CIS off characters. Surfer blackholing in his brain or sending the board a million C vertically at Thanos' head is sufficient. Thor is overkill here.

Shields. He can't touch Thanos if he doesn't want him to. Thanos also laughs off Surfer's attacks whereas the Surfer isn't in Thanos' league by any means. Of course he can. Surfer just phases into Thanos shield and voila, an instant black hole. Also the first fight Thanos fights in character, that means he will not have the shields up all the time.

quanchi112
The clone was more powerful than Thanos himself. Plus you are going off comic characters and not CIS off characters. Surfer blackholing in his brain or sending the board a million C vertically at Thanos' head is sufficient. Thor is overkill here.

Of course he can. Surfer just phases into Thanos shield and voila, an instant black hole. Also the first fight Thanos fights in character, that means he will not have the shields up all the time. Galactus needed to break through with sheer force. Galactus is a lot more powerful and is the supplier of the power cosmic. You just make things up in your head.

h1a8
The clone was more powerful than Thanos himself. Plus you are going off comic characters and not CIS off characters. Surfer blackholing in his brain or sending the board a million C vertically at Thanos' head is sufficient. Thor is overkill here.

Of course he can. Surfer just phases into Thanos shield and voila, an instant black hole. Also the first fight Thanos fights in character, that means he will not have the shields up all the time.

Seeing as Thanos has tagged people moving at ftl speeds and his Omni blasts cover a vast area... you do know cis less is not cbr/power set debating right.

Prove that Thanos tagged people moving at ftl speeds before. And don't say Fallen One since he can't reach light speed within the first 3 meters of travel.

Omniblasts would do him no good since Surfer has shields and can phase and Thor can block or absorb the blast.

-Pr-

Of course he can. Surfer just phases into Thanos shield and voila, an instant black hole. Also the first fight Thanos fights in character, that means he will not have the shields up all the time.

What do you think CIS off means, exactly?

h1a8
Galactus needed to break through with sheer force. Galactus is a lot more powerful and is the supplier of the power cosmic. You just make things up in your head.

So? What does that got to do with what I said?

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
What do you think CIS off means, exactly?

It means a character isn't limited to their natural way of fighting. Thor would go exotic quicker than starting with a warrior's bash, Superman would go straight speed from the get go, Surfer would use his exotic powers more often, etc.

-Pr-
It means a character isn't limited to their natural way of fighting. Thor would go exotic quicker than starting with a warrior's bash, Superman would go straight speed from the get go, Surfer would use his exotic powers more often, etc.

It means that they would be more willing to cut loose and possibly maim/kill.

They don't suddenly become more adept with their powers. They still fight in-character, just without inhibitions, as contradictory as that might sound.

quanchi112
So? What does that got to do with what I said? That to make the claims you have you need examples regarding Thanos shields.

Nihilist
It makes no sense that Thanos can forceblock someone without shooting them with a blast as he shown before. It contradicts Thanos entire history of having blasts come from his hands pointing or his eyes. What can now just wish it to appear around someone? The writer clearly wanted the reader to remember the incident with Thor (which was a blast) as why Odin said what he said.

I dare you to argue that Thanos can forceblock anyone without ever having to shoot a blast at them (wishing it on them) with the other posters (especially the mods). He did it in Marvel The End without firing a blast

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
It means that they would be more willing to cut loose and possibly maim/kill.

They don't suddenly become more adept with their powers. They still fight in-character, just without inhibitions, as contradictory as that might sound.
Correct. Extra skill of powers beyond what they have ever shown shouldn't be given. But most are not arguing that, at least I didn't notice.

Well it was the OP intention that they fight using tactics they rarely used before but without inhibitions.

h1a8
He did it in Marvel The End without firing a blast

I read that but don't remember of what you are talking about. Was this before he become omnipotent or after? Any scans?

That to make the claims you have you need examples regarding Thanos shields.

No I don't. Why would I need examples?

Nihilist
Prove that Thanos tagged people moving at ftl speeds before. And don't say Fallen One since he can't reach light speed within the first 3 meters of travel.Fallen one was going ftl speeds as he was flying round space the exact same way and youre absolute bullshit real world calculation dont apply to comic logic as there is no logic in comic where guys can fly in space. Plus Thanos tagged Ganymede who was blitzing Surfer and Tyrants robots at ftl speeds.

This is cis less, Thanos would fire his strongest blasts which Thor or Surfer would go down from leaving it 1 v 1.

Nihilist
I read that but don't remember of what you are talking about. Was this before he become omnipotent or after? Any scans?

Before he became omnipotent, he did it to Hulk and Namor..and stop lying you havent read the book at all.

Find the damn scan yourself as youll only lowball the shit out of it.

h1a8
Fallen one was going ftl speeds as he was flying round space the exact same way and youre absolute bullshit real world calculation dont apply to comic logic as there is no logic in comic where guys can fly in space. Plus Thanos tagged Ganymede who was blitzing Surfer and Tyrants robots at ftl speeds.

This is cis less, Thanos would fire his strongest blasts which Thor or Surfer would go down from leaving it 1 v 1. You must prove that fallen one was going at ftl speeds when it has been shown countless times that acceleration in comics does exist. Surfer has been clock several times to reach light speed after a certain distance of travel.

Prove that Ganymede was blitzing at ftl speeds. And show that it is relevant to reacting to a ftl attack from 5 feet away.

How can Thanos put someone down with a blast if they absorb it or block it or phase?

h1a8
Before he became omnipotent, he did it to Hulk and Namor..and stop lying you havent read the book at all.

Find the damn scan yourself as youll only lowball the shit out of it.

I'm sorry I was debating with several people and lost track of what was been said. I thought you were referring to Thanos tagging ftl movements when you were referring to him forceblocking without shooting a blast. Calm down man, I actually high ball, never low ball (at least these past years I don't).

Well, just because Thanos wasn't shown to shoot a blast doesn't mean he didn't in the writer's mind. In story telling, it is not a good idea to show all the details of trivial matters. It's called editing.

Nihilist
You must prove that fallen one was going at ftl speeds when it has been shown countless times that acceleration in comics does exist. Surfer has been clock several times to reach light speed after a certain distance of travel.You show me any time this bullshit theory of yours have ever been shown in comics, seriously 1 time.

She was moving at speeds Surfer couldnt react too, you do know how close she was when attacking Surfer and Tyrant bots dont you? my mistake you dont have a clue

Because Surfer wont phase through it as Thanos blast are greater than Surfers power as shown on panel, plus Thor with PG was struggling to Absorb/block a regular blast from Thanos.

Nihilist
I'm sorry I was debating with several people and lost track of what was been said. I thought you were referring to Thanos tagging ftl movements when you were referring to him forceblocking without shooting a blast. Calm down man, I actually high ball, never low ball (at least these past years I don't).Another lie, you even quoted me asking me about Marvel The End claiming you had even read the story.

Its all youre known for is lowballin shit if you cant counter it, that and bullshit calculations.

Youre bullshit excuses get worse, it was the same damn writer who wrote all 3 force block showing.

h1a8
You show me any time this bullshit theory of yours have ever been shown in comics, seriously 1 time. It took Surfer several seconds to reach warp speed when he traveled with Northstar (I think). Reed clocked Surfer to be at light speed after Surfer was more than 10m away. Thor was accelerating from slow speeds to light speed and beyond when he was flying in space with the hammer. Glads was accelerating Hulk into space while Hulk was talking (at least a couple of seconds), etc. Surfer has been shown not to react to Hulk's punches before. Still doesn't it make it ftl unless Surfer was complaining about the speed. But in the next instance Surfer easily reacted to her blitz. That means he was caught off guard and wasn't prepared to fight. Phase= Intangible and blasts=/= intangible. Also, although I disagree with struggling to absorb, struggling has nothing to do with can't. Plus Thor has far greater absorption feats to say that he can.

Another lie, you even quoted me asking me about Marvel The End claiming you had even read the story.

Its all youre known for is lowballin shit if you cant counter it, that and bullshit calculations.

Youre bullshit excuses get worse, it was the same damn writer who wrote all 3 force block showing.

I promise you I don't lie. I made a mistake and got confused of what you were saying. I didn't pay attention to my text you were quoting. I just saw your reply and assumed you were talking about something else. I may be wrong or ignorant at times but never do I purposely tell false things in order to deceive. I think most know this.

I don't lowball anyone. I'm quite the opposite actually. I tend to have a character's highest feats in mind when I debate.

Well if it is the same writer then my point is correct. In the writer's mind it was a blast.

The Sorrow
I interpreted that scene as he meant higher powered than his first clone. As Pr said CIS off means less restriction/morals, not that we can suddenly start making up speculative ways of how they could use their powers. It still has to be shown on panel and what you suggested has never happened.

Nihilist
It took Surfer several seconds to reach warp speed when he traveled with Northstar (I think). Reed clocked Surfer to be at light speed after Surfer was more than 10m away. Thor was accelerating from slow speeds to light speed and beyond when he was flying in space with the hammer. Glads was accelerating Hulk into space while Hulk was talking (at least a couple of seconds), etc.And thats it!! still doesnt prove youre bul;shit theory, this is you lowballin agian. Hulks wasnt moving at speeds that were leavin several after images like Ganymede did. And again stop f*ucking lying Surfer never easily reacted to her second attack she danced around hum. Same old lying crap, she confronted him. Ok to settle it show me Surfer phasing/going intangable from blasts of a Thanos lvl guy. FFS Thor was straining(clearly shown on panel) a more powerfull Thor didnt face a full power Thanos blast or even a omni blast.

h1a8
And thats it!! still doesnt prove youre bul;shit theory, this is you lowballin agian. Hulks wasnt moving at speeds that were leavin several after images like Ganymede did. And again stop f*ucking lying Surfer never easily reacted to her second attack she danced around hum. Same old lying crap, she confronted him. Ok to settle it show me Surfer phasing/going intangable from blasts of a Thanos lvl guy. FFS Thor was straining(clearly shown on panel) a more powerfull Thor didnt face a full power Thanos blast or even a omni blast.

Evidence towards A and no evidence towards B doesn't mean B is correct. Meaning, we have evidence towards my claim and 0 evidence towards your claim. Also, Lowballing implies that there are higher feats that contradict my claim.

Surfer clearly stopped her blitz. Thus proving he can react to her. Anything else is irrelevant.

Surfer can phase as shown in comics. So why can't he phase in this fight?

Now you are lowballing. Thor has absorption feats that trumps Thanos output. Plus Omnidirectional blasts are weaker than straight blasts. This is because the total energy output is not concentrated on a single small area.

Nihilist
Evidence towards A and no evidence towards B doesn't mean B is correct. Meaning, we have evidence towards my claim and 0 evidence towards your claim. Also, Lowballing implies that there are higher feats that contradict.The evidance was him moving and accelerating at ftl speeds earlier in the comic within the same distance

You said easy, which was ANOTHER lie and he did not stop her blitz at the start, he stopped it mid attack proving her attacks were too quick to deal with at first, it was only her lack of power that allowed Surfer to stop the blitz. And her speed is the issue here NOT her power.

Because he hasnt phased through blasts as powerful as Thanos, it not that hard to understand.

You mean space cheese blast, he hasnt got any absorbing feats from blasts by characters on Thanos lvl, you are only going of explosion n such. even more bullshit..Thanos fire a omni directional blast in the Kyln prison that ripped a section apart, hid regular blasts haven done that. He also killed Adam Warlock with a Omni directional blast when his single blast have failed to do so.

quanchi112

No I don't. Why would I need examples? Because we debate by citing evidence not just making things up. Sheesh.

h1a8
The evidance was him moving and accelerating at ftl speeds earlier in the comic within the same distance

You said easy, which was ANOTHER lie and he did not stop her blitz at the start, he stopped it mid attack proving her attacks were too quick to deal with at first, it was only her lack of power that allowed Surfer to stop the blitz. And her speed is the issue here NOT her power.

Because he hasnt phased through blasts as powerful as Thanos, it not that hard to understand.

You mean space cheese blast, he hasnt got any absorbing feats from blasts by characters on Thanos lvl, you are only going of explosion n such. even more bullshit..Thanos fire a omni directional blast in the Kyln prison that ripped a section apart, hid regular blasts haven done that. He also killed Adam Warlock with a Omni directional blast when his single blast have failed to do so.

Prove that Fallen One reached light speed or beyond under that same distance he attacked Thanos with.

A lie and a false statement are two different things. The key difference is intent.
IMO, Surfer stopped her blitz easily. Who cares about the after? Surfer wasn't prepared. Also, this is irrelevant because none of it proves she was blitzing at ftl speeds.

How can a reasonable person accept that a blast will hit something that's intangible? That is asinine. At minimum it is far more believable that the blast will go through Surfer like a ghost vs. hit him.

And again, Thor has absorbtion feats beyond Thanos lvl. He absorbed a more powerful doppelgangers blast with ease is more proof.

Damaging a section of the Kyln prison? Ok, what is that supposed to mean?
Superman got koed by a gas station. I guess that gas station is more powerful than a nuclear blast huh.

And you using that bs non clear feat of Thanos against Warlock? Not only do we not see a omnidirectional blast but we don't know the context of the incident. Give me the issue number to the comic so we can better judge the feat.

Because we debate by citing evidence not just making things up. Sheesh.

Making stuff up? You are the one making stuff up with the Thanos can forceblock without shooting a blast or he can hit Surfer when he's intangible with a blast (or was that Nilhisht?). I'm stating stuff that has been shown on panel.

Nihilist
Prove that Fallen One reached light speed or beyond under that same distance he attacked Thanos with.Read the damn comic, its Fallen One was out of sight when flying in space within the same distance he attacked Thanos

STFU with your excuses, you lied plain and simple its what you do.
Sorry to shatter your world, your opinion isnt fact, it was shown on panel that he didnt stop her attack easy.He was prepared stop trolling, both times Surfer and Ganymede were arguing/ready to throw down. So her moving at speeds Surfer cant stop whilst been hit over and over and over again at speeds faster than light travels.. isnt ftl speed laughing out loud

A weaker Thanos clone hit Vision whilst he was intangaible, so a more powerful Thanos wont have a problem Based on what? You have no proof of Surfer phasing through any blasts to say he can do so against firepower of Thanos lvl

Like who against, and if you knew anything the doppleganger clone wasnt more powerful, the chailce only allowed the clone to control certain energy plus Thor had the belt of strength and was wearing Odin powered armor to aid him.

It means that his omni blast are as powerful if not nore than his regular blast, which his regular blasts didnt do anything like that kind of damage when fighting the Maker proving your bs theory about singular blast are stronger than omni blasts
Who gives a shit

How is it a bs non clear feat(cant wait to hear what shit you come up with) More Trolling, Thanos is facing the Avengers and Warlock confronts him, Thanos then kills him with a blast released from his whole body that covers a wide range that isnt aimed in a certain direction. If you need the issue number to see the feat, then why are you making shit up about "not seeing a omni directional blast" and "not being a clear feat for Thanos"

Avengers 2in1 #2

Do you just lowball and lie as some sort of auto feature within your brain!

KuRuPT Thanosi
So LordofM.. believes that even though Surfer fired a NON HOLDING BACK BLAST POINT BLANK AT THANOS...at which point Thanos just laughs as it doesn't even budge or make him blink.. Yet now, he'll suddenly become more powerful and manage to actually defeat him... Interesting logic.

abhilegend
Thanos 6-7/10.

TheLordofMurder
So LordofM.. believes that even though Surfer fired a NON HOLDING BACK BLAST POINT BLANK AT THANOS...at which point Thanos just laughs as it doesn't even budge or make him blink.. Yet now, he'll suddenly become more powerful and manage to actually defeat him... Interesting logic.

I definitely believe Surfer absolutely annihilates Thanos (as well as 99.9% of the beings beneath Skyfather) if he uses his powers creatively...

Surfer doesnt have to directly attack nor even get close to Thanos to defeat him; you are thinking about how the fight would go down using comicbook stupidity which almost involves winning fights with brute force (via punching or directly blasting someone)...

Surfer can defeat Thanos very easily if he actually uses his head; which is precisely what I imagine a CIS-less Surfer doing...

The superluminal flight, plus transmutation or black hole creation are tactics that Thanos has no answer for; the sheer amount of creative tactics available for a CIS-less Surfer are only limited by his creatively given his powerset...

Thanos has no prayer against a CIS-less Surfer...

quanchi112
I definitely believe Surfer absolutely annihilates Thanos (as well as 99.9% of the beings beneath Skyfather) if he uses his powers creatively...

Surfer doesnt have to directly attack nor even get close to Thanos to defeat him; you are thinking about how the fight would go down using comicbook stupidity which almost involves winning fights with brute force (via punching or directly blasting someone)...

Surfer can defeat Thanos very easily if he actually uses his head; which is precisely what I imagine a CIS-less Surfer doing...

The superluminal flight, plus transmutation or black hole creation are tactics that Thanos has no answer for; the sheer amount of creative tactics available for a CIS-less Surfer are only limited by his creatively given his powerset...

Thanos has no prayer against a CIS-less Surfer... I can't take anyone seriously that ignores the comic book fights and the comparisons. You just imagine things in your head.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Thanos has no prayer against a CIS-less Surfer...

You mean other than being more powerful than Surfer and being almost just as versatile. You do realize that Thanos, being an Eternal, is very versatile. That versatility plus being considerably more powerful than Surfer, makes up for any slight versatility advantage surfer might have.

zeel
surfer has a HORRIBLE track record vs thanos, and thor has done just a little bit better at best. as powerful as thor and surfer are they are not downing thanos.

zeel
Omni-blast against someone who moves at Superluminal speeds eh? Unless you have proof that Thanos's omni-blasts move FTL, then they'll never touch a being that can move many, many, times the speed of light...

Those shields are easily defeated via transmutation as well...

But I waste my time; TDF members are seemingly forming a perimeter around their beloved leader, and so, all arguments that dont fall in line with "Thanos wins" are ignored...

laughing out loud

Who the **** cares if surfer is faster then thanos. It never does him any good man. And as powerful as thor is thanos is noted for his AMAZING durability and resistance's to everything. What is surfer going to do? speedblitz thanos with energy attacks? his energy attacks never do anything to thanos. Team loses.

TheLordofMurder
I can't take anyone seriously that ignores the comic book fights and the comparisons. You just imagine things in your head.

And I cant take anyone seriously who's vocabulary is limited to "Thanos wins."

Happy Dance

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zeel
Who the **** cares if surfer is faster then thanos. It never does him any good man. And as powerful as thor is thanos is noted for his AMAZING durability and resistance's to everything. What is surfer going to do? speedblitz thanos with energy attacks? his energy attacks never do anything to thanos. Team loses.

What can Surfer to do Thanos?

LoL...

Attempt to divorce your mind from the vast amount of comicbook stupidity that takes place and really think about Surfers powerset; he has countless options for dealing with Thanos, and wouldnt have to get close to or engage Thanos directly to do so...

Superluminal flight (at a safe distance) + Using his matter manipulation to transmute all available matter in the area (including Thanos's costume and Force Fields) into anti-matter= Auto win against Thanos...and there isnt a dam thing he could do to stop it.

He couldnt even counter this with Transmutation of his own as the instant matter is turned into anti-matter, it will annihilate regular matter on contact...and since Thanos's Force Field and costume is exceedingly close to Thanos...well, you get the idea.

Dude, turn off the PIS writting that is clouding your logic; this is a CIS-less Surfer we are talking about here...

A CIS-less Surfer wont ignore his speed advantage, move within arms length of Thanos, and allow Thanos to beat him to death...

quanchi112
And I cant take anyone seriously who's vocabulary is limited to "Thanos wins."

Happy Dance Most of the time that's all that is needed to be said. smile

h1a8
Read the damn comic, its Fallen One was out of sight when flying in space within the same distance he attacked ThanosAre you serious dood? That doesn't mean anything. A bullet is out of sight once it's shot and a bullet doesn't even travel 0.00000001% of the speed of light. Prove it. And please slow down on the bashing. Ok?

Of course it was SHOWN that he stopped her attack easily. This is a fact. False statement. Surfer wasn't trying to defend against a blitz since they were talking.

No it doesn't prove it, even if Surfer was paying attention and carefully watching out for the initial blitz. Otherwise, the implication would apply to all instances in comics (and not the one's of your choice). For example, Spidey blitzing Thor means that spidey was moving ftl since it is known that Thor has light speed reflexes.
Disregarding the problem with using clones to an exotic feat I must ask Scans? Issue numbers? The clone was more powerful and the belt of strength or Odin's armor had nothing to do with Mjolnir absorbing the blast. Now you are making stuff up (like I have in the past).

Still doesn't prove it. In comics, most things are variable. Otherwise Superman wouldn't got koed by a gas station. Writer's aren't thinking I will have the omniblast do damage and make sure the single blast doesn't in order to purposely show that the omniblast is more powerful than a regular blast. You are making stuff up again. I know it's a habit when one is biased towards a certain character so I understand.
I want the issue number since the scan isn't clear. It could be you are posting something out of context like so many here has done. I look up the issue and get back.

Prove that I lowballed in this thread and lied. I dare you.

h1a8
Surfer alone can beat Thanos in a CISless fight in many different ways. We can't go by Surfer's confrontations against Thanos in comics in general since that was a Surfer in character (or Surfer not fighting to the best of his abilities as he has shown before).

Also, being twice as powerful as a character doesn't mean you can beat two of them at the same time. The power gap isn't a direct function of the number of characters you face. Thanos would have a hard time stopping two attacks simultaneously or attacking one character when the other is covering them.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually that IS what we go by first and foremore H1.. Sorry bud that is how it goes and that little word we call Canon. Canon comic book fights are exponentionally worth more than your fantasy version of how you THINK they would fight. You do understand the distinction there right? Comic books and the canon showings of characters count more than your view on a character right?

LOL and LordofMurder saying Surfer will transmute THanos LOL.. You do understand that Thanos HAS TOTAL MOLECULAR CONTROL OVER HIS BODY. He's tranmutted a Skrull before with ease. Surfer would've have a prayer of transmuting Thanos. Thanos is just plain more powerful than Surfer in virtually every way.

TheLordofMurder
Actually that IS what we go by first and foremore H1.. Sorry bud that is how it goes and that little word we call Canon. Canon comic book fights are exponentionally worth more than your fantasy version of how you THINK they would fight. You do understand the distinction there right? Comic books and the canon showings of characters count more than your view on a character right?

LOL and LordofMurder saying Surfer will transmute THanos LOL.. You do understand that Thanos HAS TOTAL MOLECULAR CONTROL OVER HIS BODY. He's tranmutted a Skrull before with ease. Surfer would've have a prayer of transmuting Thanos. Thanos is just plain more powerful than Surfer in virtually every way.

Reading comprehension Sir Thanosi!!!

Throughout my entire argument I never once stated that Surfer would directly attack Thanos...not once.

The transmutation would be aimed at Thanos's costume and his shielding...not directly at him; I clearly wrote this...did you not read it?

Once again, given the vast creative options available to him, Surfer doesnt have to directly attack at all to win...

Sure Thanos has more raw power than Surfer, but Surfers versatility completely negates Thanos's superior power and renders it meaningless...

Thanos cant beat a CIS-less Surfer; Thanos would never get the opportunity to lay a glove on him...

TheLordofMurder
Tell me, has Thanos ever demostrated the ability to see his opponents from a lightyear away? Surfer has...

That ability alone combined with the ability to travel at superluminal speed is a huge, huge, advantage for Surfer if you mix in some creativity; look up Surfers complete powerset...and then think about some of the clever things he can do to Thanos without ever getting close to him.

Thanos cant win this fight if Surfer doesnt adhere to comicbook stupidity...

Nihilist
Tell me, has Thanos ever demostrated the ability to see his opponents from a lightyear away? Surfer has...

That ability alone combined with the ability to travel at superluminal speed is a huge, huge, advantage for Surfer if you mix in some creativity; look up Surfers complete powerset...and then think about some of the clever things he can do to Thanos without ever getting close to him.

Thanos cant win this fight if Surfer doesnt adhere to comicbook stupidity... Thanos has sensed someone from another timeline/dimension.

You do know Thanos has as many if not more offensive powers as Surfer dont you.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos has sensed someone from another timeline/dimension.

You do know Thanos has as many if not more offensive powers as Surfer dont you.

So Thanos has never demostrated the ability to see his opponents from a light year away then; concession accepted...

Thanos's offensive options would be meaningless against a CIS-less Surfer as he'd never get the chance to use them...

A CIS-less Surfer can run circles around Thanos all day just like the Runner did and since Surfer can move many, many, times the speed of light, he could evade an omniblast very easily (unless you can prove otherwise, Thanos's energy output is limited to traveling at "c"wink.

Surfer doesnt have to directly engage Thanos at all to beat him...

Nihilist
So Thanos has never demostrated the ability to see his opponents from a light year away then; concession accepted...LOL you fail he doesnt even have to see them to know the are there.

Yeah right because Surfer using his speed firing blasts that have no effect on Thanos are gonna do what laughing out loud nothing

Runner had the space gem and was moving space aswell as going over ftl speeds, Surfer doesnt have that kind over power.

How does he evade omniblasts that cover a vast area, the only way he would get through to Thanos is by getting close, so hed have to go through the energy field to get to Thanos as omni blasts surround Thanos.

Thats his best bet as nothing else he has will work.

TheLordofMurder
LOL you fail he doesnt even have to see them to know the are there.

Yeah right because Surfer using his speed firing blasts that have no effect on Thanos are gonna do what laughing out loud nothing

Runner had the space gem and was moving space aswell as going over ftl speeds, Surfer doesnt have that kind over power.

How does he evade omniblasts that cover a vast area, the only way he would get through to Thanos is by getting close, so hed have to go through the energy field to get to Thanos as omni blasts surround Thanos.

Thats his best bet as nothing else he has will work.

Ok...please attempt to comprehend this; Surfer doesnt have to attack Thanos directly...so he wont even attempt to blast at his as he doesnt have to at all.

Open your mind; there are alot of ways to beat someone that dont involve directly attacking someone...comicbook stupidity trains us to think this is typically the only way to beat someone, but if we are going CIS-less and PIS-less (standard forum rule), characters like Thor and Surfer dont have to directly attack most of their opponents to secure a win.

So what if the Space Gem effectively made the Runner faster than normal...

Surfer can move at many times the speed of light, and so he can easily evade something (such as energy blasts directed against him) with ease...especially since there is no PIS (and PIS would be required for something moving at "c" to hit a moving target traveling at many times "c"wink in a forum fight.

Imagine The Surfer positioning himself (literally) 10 million miles away from Thanos and flying in huge circles around him; Surfer can cover the entire circle in an instant (especially considering how fast he covered the light year distance between himself and Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet arc)...

Surfer could then make trips from one point in the cicle to another (cutting across the circle) which would bring him within (perhaps) 100 miles or so of Thanos's position (remember, Surfer would be able to clearly see Thanos the entire time), turn some random object into a black hole and continue to the other side of the circle...

Surfer could do that over and over again until Thanos gets captured in a gravity well, and Thanos's energy blasts would never reach Surfer as they are way too slow to ever catch up with him...

If Thanos repositions himself, Surfer could simply reposition himself as well and the tactic contines until Thanos is defeated...

Of course, in my honest opinion, not many characters beneath a Skyfather can fight back against (let alone beat) a CIS-less Surfer...

The Runner could beat a CIS-less Surfer as could Uatu, but the list is very short indeed...

Nihilist
Ok...please attempt to comprehend this; Surfer doesnt have to attack Thanos directly...so he wont even attempt to blast at his as he doesnt have to at all.

Open your mind; there are alot of ways to beat someone that dont involve directly attacking someone...comicbook stupidity trains us to think this is typically the only way to beat someone, but if we are going CIS-less and PIS-less (standard forum rule), characters like Thor and Surfer dont have to directly attack most of their opponents to secure a win.

So what if the Space Gem effectively made the Runner faster than normal...

Surfer can move at many times the speed of light, and so he can easily evade something (such as energy blasts directed against him) with ease...especially since there is no PIS (and PIS would be required for something moving at "c" to hit a moving target traveling at many times "c"wink in a forum fight.

Imagine The Surfer positioning himself (literally) 10 million miles away from Thanos and flying in huge circles around him; Surfer can cover the entire circle in an instant (especially considering how fast he covered the light year distance between himself and Thanos during the Infinity Gauntlet arc)...

Surfer could then make trips from one point in the cicle to another (cutting across the circle) which would bring him within (perhaps) 100 miles or so of Thanos's position (remember, Surfer would be able to clearly see Thanos the entire time), turn some random object into a black hole and continue to the other side of the circle...

Surfer could do that over and over again until Thanos gets captured in a gravity well, and Thanos's energy blasts would never reach Surfer as they are way too slow to ever catch up with him...

If Thanos repositions himself, Surfer could simply reposition himself as well and the tactic contines until Thanos is defeated...

Of course, in my honest opinion, not many characters beneath a Skyfather can fight back against (let alone beat) a CIS-less Surfer...

The Runner could beat a CIS-less Surfer as could Uatu, but the list is very short indeed... lulzYeah like thats gonna do anything to beat Thanos, seriously laughing out loud

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did LOM say Surfer would be moving like the Runner with the SG... BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Please show me ANY scans of surfer moving in such ways.. if not... your point has made null and void.

Furthermore, it appears reading comprehension isn't your strong suit eh LOM? Did you happen to read PR's post on what CISless means? It seems you didn't, or again, didn't comprehend it. CISless DOESN'T mean they fight how we want them to fight with no basis in comic book history. It simple means they won't hold back and worry about things such as people dying...stuff (building or even the planet itself) being destroyed. They don't hold back. Problem is, we've seen a NON holding back Surfer putting all he could into a blast at Thanos. Thanos took it, didn't flinch or budge and simply smirked and asked if he was done yet.

Surfer has zero chance to beat Thanos one v one in any situation. Marvel has made this abundantly clear. No amount of fantasy control of a character (not supported by comics or this forum) changes that fact.

TheLordofMurder
lulzYeah like thats gonna do anything to beat Thanos, seriously laughing out loud

BFR for the win!

Afterall, the OP didnt exclude winning in this fashion...

Surfer could perform the same tactic, but use transmutation instead; systematically turn everything around Thanos...his tech, costume, and immediate surroundings...into anti-matter and nuke Thanos to kingdom-come.

Just like in the black hole senario, Thanos really has no defense for this and cant even fight back against what is being done to him...

Once again, Thanos cant beat a CIS-less Surfer...

TheLordofMurder
Did LOM say Surfer would be moving like the Runner with the SG... BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Please show me ANY scans of surfer moving in such ways.. if not... your point has made null and void.

Furthermore, it appears reading comprehension isn't your strong suit eh LOM? Did you happen to read PR's post on what CISless means? It seems you didn't, or again, didn't comprehend it. CISless DOESN'T mean they fight how we want them to fight with no basis in comic book history. It simple means they won't hold back and worry about things such as people dying...stuff (building or even the planet itself) being destroyed. They don't hold back. Problem is, we've seen a NON holding back Surfer putting all he could into a blast at Thanos. Thanos took it, didn't flinch or budge and simply smirked and asked if he was done yet.

Surfer has zero chance to beat Thanos one v one in any situation. Marvel has made this abundantly clear. No amount of fantasy control of a character (not supported by comics or this forum) changes that fact.

There is no PIS in a forum fight; combined with you stating no CIS, I definitely believe that frees the Surfer to use his powers in any creative manner needed to secure a win against Thanos...

In a comicbook Thanos beats the Surfer, but comicbooks are litered with PIS as well arent they?

Here we have neither PIS or CIS in this thread; with those elements turned off, Surfer vs Thanos is totally new ballgame...

And its a ballgame that Thanos cannot win...

Nihilist
BFR for the win!

Afterall, the OP didnt exclude winning in this fashion...BFR LOL against a guy that teleport across timelines and dimensions.

Anti matter wont do shit against him unless he i in a weakend state.

Apart from teleport out, which he did when he encountered a black hole, a black hole far beyond anything Surfer has done in terms of scope and power

Apart from the same way he always does, face it CIS less Surfer still cant beat Thanos let alone a CIS less Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
BFR LOL against a guy that teleport across timelines and dimensions.

Anti matter wont do shit against him unless he i in a weakend state.

Apart from teleport out, which he did when he encountered a black hole, a black hole far beyond anything Surfer has done in terms of scope and power

Apart from the same way he always does, face it CIS less Surfer still cant beat Thanos let alone a CIS less Thanos.

Even if the anti-matter doesnt do any real harm to him (which I seriously doubt; anti-matter explosions are incredibly destructive and Thanos is not invulnerable), the Surfer would atleast be scoring points on Thanos while Thanos would remain unable to really fight back...

As pertains the black hole, the size of one ceases to matter once you cross the event horizon as anything passing this boundary eventually hits the sigularity...

And yeah, the black hole wont kill Thanos, but it'll keep him out of the fight long enough for it to count as a win in favor of the Surfer...

Thanos cant beat a CIS-less Surfer (let alone a CIS-less Surfer and a CIS-less Thor combined) as a result...

A CIS-less Thanos is a nonfactor; Thanos typically doesnt hold back and rarely fails to properly use his powerset anyway...

KuRuPT Thanosi
There is no PIS in a forum fight; combined with you stating no CIS, I definitely believe that frees the Surfer to use his powers in any creative manner needed to secure a win against Thanos...

In a comicbook Thanos beats the Surfer, but comicbooks are litered with PIS as well arent they?

Here we have neither PIS or CIS in this thread; with those elements turned off, Surfer vs Thanos is totally new ballgame...

And its a ballgame that Thanos cannot win...

So you're going against what we have seen in comics AND ignore the rules of what CIS means on this forum. To then, make up your own fantasy scenerio on how the fight would play out ignoring all of the above. Okay, well I'm glad you conceded he can't win via comic books and how we debate on this forum, and can only win, via the fantasy in your head.

BTW, don't think I didn't notice you not being to show ANY scans of Surfer fighting like the Runner nor fighting hw you'd like him to fight here. Concession accepted on that note as well.

TheLordofMurder
So you're going against what we have seen in comics AND ignore the rules of what CIS means on this forum. To then, make up your own fantasy scenerio on how the fight would play out ignoring all of the above. Okay, well I'm glad you conceded he can't win via comic books and how we debate on this forum, and can only win, via the fantasy in your head.

BTW, don't think I didn't notice you not being to show ANY scans of Surfer fighting like the Runner nor fighting hw you'd like him to fight here. Concession accepted on that note as well.

I conceed nothing...

Without CIS and PIS being factor there is nothing to indicate that Surfer cant fight as the Runner did...

The Surfer can fly at superluminal velocity and can manuver around a dime; minus CIS and PIS, there is no reason he cant do the exact same thing the Runner did...

And since there is nothing to stop him (as pertains the combo of forum rules and the rules of this thread) from using speedblitzing (combined with his other advantages), a CIS-less Surfer outclass's Thanos in either senario...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Can I see ANY proof of surfer fighting like the Runner please.. AGAIN? Any proof again? None. Concession accepted.

You do realize, with a mere gesture, thanos can drain Surfer's life force, just like he can restore it. Game over, by a mere gesture.

-Pr-
Just to clarify for people:

Originally posted by Raoul
Clarification of CIS

Ok people, here are the finalised rules as regards PIS, CIS, and everything related to it.

PIS is, as always, off unless the thread starter says it's ON.

CIS, as was said before, is now a more diverse term, but is not as vague as before.

While CIS still exists in the form of characters like Rhino (who are just too stupid to know better), it also exists in one other form.

This is known as Character Inhibited Power. This applies to characters that have intelligence, like the Silver Surfer, Superman, and so on and so forth.

As Bada said:

"It's a self imposed limitation in certain circumstances which there is concern for civilians and buildings for the most part. It's not stupidity, it's a limitation set until the threat exceeds a certain threshold."

What this means is that people like the Surfer and Superman and so on will not use the full extent of their powers if it will endanger civilians. It doesn't, though, mean they will fight like idiots. The character's personality is an integral part of the match and dictates how they will perform. This is the crux of the rules we've come up with. It doesn't come down to powers, it comes down to the man or woman that weilds them.

In accordance with this, several factors come in to play in debates:

The Opponent, Basic Information, the Arena and the Character's Personality and Experience

Those four are key.

Example:

If Martian Manhunter fights say, Juggernaut.

MM doesn't personally know Juggernaut (Opponent). So he has Basic Information. This is categorised as being what the general public would know about the Juggernaut. It goes by averages. If that average man or woman on the street knows that Juggernaut is super strong, then MM knows. The average man or woman doesn't know, however, that the Juggernaut is weak against psionics. J'onn would approach with caution, not knowing whether Juggernaut was in his weight class, and not knowing the full extent of the man's powers.

However. If Martian Manhunter went up against Amazo, he would know to go for broke right at the start, because he KNOWS Amazo (Personality and Experience). He will use his speed, his strength, his shapeshifting. This is because if he knows what it takes to bring down Amazo, or he believes his standard attacks won't work. If J'onn was fighting Juggernaut, there would come a point when he would realise that normal attacks won't work, and would up his game. Any character that doesn't suffer from Rhino-esque stupidity is capable of this. Even with this, though, the Arena comes in to play. If civilians are in danger, J'onn won't shapeshift in to a fire breathing dragon. Juggernaut on the other hand doesn't care, so wouldn't hesitate to toss cars and trucks full of civilians at the Martian.

Examples:

Thor knows he can't out-brawl Hulk, so uses exotic powers sooner than he would against the likes of Superman, as Superman is an unknown to him.

Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out. He won't bathe the street in heat vision either, because there are civilians nearby.

It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET.

TheLordofMurder
Excellent reply Pr! thumb up

So minus PIS and CIS, there is nothing "inhibiting" the Surfer from speedblitzing Thanos just like the Runner did..

smile

Nihilist
Even if the anti-matter doesnt do any real harm to him (which I seriously doubt; anti-matter explosions are incredibly destructive and Thanos is not invulnerable), the Surfer would atleast be scoring points on Thanos while Thanos would remain unable to really fight back...Seeing as he was fine after tanking a gas gaint exploding that was felt light years away and was fine and ready to carry on fighting, i dont see why he cant here.

THE only reason the black hole Thanos encountered had a effect on him was due to it being a uprise attack and the fact in closed 30 seconds after it opened, Surfer cant create black holes of the power.

More proof you know nothing of Thanos.

Does he teleport around whilst fighting,fire blasts from behind his sheilds,draining life forces,using matter manip and fire Galactus rocking blasts with every shot...no he doesnt

Nihilist

So minus PIS and CIS, there is nothing "inhibiting" the Surfer from speedblitzing Thanos just like the Runner did..

smile Apart from the fact Runner was manipulating space(stated on panel) and blitzing Thanos at the same time, someone Surfer cant do is manipulate space.

And youre forgetting Runner damage did Runner do to Thanos.

janus77
Can I see ANY proof of surfer fighting like the Runner please.. AGAIN? Any proof again? None. Concession accepted.

You do realize, with a mere gesture, thanos can drain Surfer's life force, just like he can restore it. Game over, by a mere gesture.
Surfer versus Deathurge, where Surfer just flew around at FTL speeds presenting no target and remaining untouchable...

Surfer can do everything that The Runner did, just not to the same extent (naturally). For the purposes of keeping Thanos at bay, if all it took for The Runner was to move really fast, then definitely Surfer could repeat that feat.

CIS/PIS free Surfer should be far more of a challenge to Thanos and should take a few wins, imo.

quanchi112

smile Except Thanos' shields. smile

h1a8
Except Thanos' shields. smile Which crumbles after time.

quanchi112
Which crumbles after time. Surfer's already dead long before that. Read some comics. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Team imo. Even you don't believe this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're right Quan, obviously that was a lie and I really think this is a stomp in Thanos' favor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You're right Quan, obviously that was a lie and I really think this is a stomp in Thanos' favor. I like the new honest rage of 012.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was my New Year's resolution.

TheLordofMurder
Except Thanos' shields. smile

Without CIS and PIS inhibiting him, there is nothing to prevent Surfer from transmuting a portion of that shielding into anti-matter and thereby nuking Thanos into helpless oblivion...

quanchi112
Without CIS and PIS inhibiting him, there is nothing to prevent Surfer from transmuting a portion of that shielding into anti-matter and thereby nuking Thanos into helpless oblivion... Except that's not how they are portrayed in comics. Galactus his master needed brute force to breach them. Thanos' made a more powerful Galactus. The guy's tech seems beyond the power cosmic, sport.

carver9
I use to love Thanos until I met Quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
I use to love Thanos until I met Quan. That's because you're weak.

carver9
By the way, Thanos wins this.

carver9
That's because you're weak.

Meet me in the proper thread and let's find out whose weak.

quanchi112
Meet me in the proper thread and let's find out whose weak. You run from me in every thread.

carver9
You run from me in every thread.

Huh? I have never ran from you. Bring up a thread I ran from you in.

quanchi112
Huh? I have never ran from you. Bring up a thread I ran from you in. Carver, you run from everyone. No one is scared of you. No one.

carver9
Carver, you run from everyone. No one is scared of you. No one.

Lol...Quan, I never run. I know of 3 threads you avoided me in. Let's not get off topic. Thanos wins.

quanchi112
Lol...Quan, I never run. I know of 3 threads you avoided me in. Let's not get off topic. Thanos wins. Bump them since they are fresh in your memory.

carver9
Bump them since they are fresh in your memory.

I already won. Why would I bump them?

quanchi112
I already won. Why would I bump them? Because you're lying.

carver9
Because you're lying.

Naah, I have no reason to lie. I responded...you got off for about 5 days which is basically a submission in my eyes. Get on my level.

quanchi112
Naah, I have no reason to lie. I responded...you got off for about 5 days which is basically a submission in my eyes. Get on my level. You say stuff like this and it's you who didn't respond. Carver, your posts consist of baseless claims. All bark no bite.

h1a8
Surfer alone beats Thanos. Thor isn't needed.
Surfer has several ways to put Thanos down.
I can't really see any ways Thanos can put Surfer down.

The Sorrow
Surfer alone beats Thanos. Thor isn't needed.
Surfer has several ways to put Thanos down.
I can't really see any ways Thanos can put Surfer down.
Are you on drugs? Just asking.

TheLordofMurder
Except that's not how they are portrayed in comics. Galactus his master needed brute force to breach them. Thanos' made a more powerful Galactus. The guy's tech seems beyond the power cosmic, sport.

You need to go back and re-read PR's post...

Minus CIS and PIS, characters arent inhibited by comicbook stupidity...

Comicbook stupidity forces characters like Galactus and the Surfer to use brute force as the primary solution for most problems when this shouldnt be the case...

Comicbook stupidity is the sole reason Thanos beats Surfer in a comicbook; it forces Surfer to fight Thanos like a complete idiot instead of actually using his head and putting his highly versatile powerset to good use...

Minus CIS and PIS, Thanos's shielding hurts Thanos moreso than it helps him against powerful matter/energy manipulators like Galactus and the Surfer...

Thanos's tech being beyond the power cosmic!? LoL...only with comicbook stupidity being present is this true.

Thanos's shielding is made up of particles and all particles have an anti-particle...

As a result, his shielding has no defense against being turned against itself (and against Thanos by proxy)...

thumb up

quanchi112
You need to go back and re-read PR's post...

Minus CIS and PIS, characters arent inhibited by comicbook stupidity...

Comicbook stupidity forces characters like Galactus and the Surfer to use brute force as the primary solution for most problems when this shouldnt be the case...

Comicbook stupidity is the sole reason Thanos beats Surfer in a comicbook; it forces Surfer to fight Thanos like a complete idiot instead of actually using his head and putting his highly versatile powerset to good use...

Minus CIS and PIS, Thanos's shielding hurts Thanos moreso than it helps him against powerful matter/energy manipulators like Galactus and the Surfer...

Thanos's tech being beyond the power cosmic!? LoL...only with comicbook stupidity being present is this true.

Thanos's shielding is made up of particles and all particles have an anti-particle...

As a result, his shielding has no defense against being turned against itself (and against Thanos by proxy)...

thumb up With tech being that high end it is shown greater than the power cosmic in comics. The writers give us the evidence on how these things play out you just make up things in your head which contradict comic book showings. That's what makes us different I argue by what is canon you argue on who you like more.

Thanos' tech is that good the power cosmic needs pure force to breach them. That's what comics tell us.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually, u didn't read his post. U can't have a character fight as u want them to ... So u were wrong in having surfer fight the way u were proposing.. check. U were further wrong in that they still fight in character... Even if we allowed ur strategy in this forum... Which its not... They is still ZERO evidence of surfer fighting as u suggested... Which as pr clarified ... They still fight IN CHARACTER. u were corrected by me.. then the mods further corrected you. Thanks for playing

h1a8
Are you on drugs? Just asking.

So you are saying that a CIS off Surfer doesn't have multiple options of putting Thanos down?

h1a8
Actually, u didn't read his post. U can't have a character fight as u want them to ... So u were wrong in having surfer fight the way u were proposing.. check. U were further wrong in that they still fight in character... Even if we allowed ur strategy in this forum... Which its not... They is still ZERO evidence of surfer fighting as u suggested... Which as pr clarified ... They still fight IN CHARACTER. u were corrected by me.. then the mods further corrected you. Thanks for playing

Characters can employ tactics they have been shown to in comics along with extreme prejudice. What Pr meant is that a CIS off character doesn't gain extra skill or become more adept than what they have shown to be in comics. For example, a CIS off Rhino wouldn't suddenly know martial arts on Captain America's level or Batman's level just because CIS is off.

If Surfer has shown the ability to do certain things in comics then he can do so (or a sub set of it) in a forum fight under CIS off. But he can't be argued to do something he has never shown or a super set of it. For example, if Surfer was shown to transmute a living adamantium mountain into a water then he should be able to transmute a smaller and less complex normal tree into water as well. But if Surfer was only shown to transmute the tree into water then it is not guaranteed that he can transmute the much larger and more complex mountain into into water.

quanchi112
So you are saying that a CIS off Surfer doesn't have multiple options of putting Thanos down? He's mocking you. And to answer your question Surfer doesn't have one chance out of a billion against Thanos. Thanos mauls him any way he wants.

h1a8
He's mocking you. And to answer your question Surfer doesn't have one chance out of a billion against Thanos. Thanos mauls him any way he wants.

Surfer can beat Thanos with the black hole strategy all day.
Surfer can beat Thanos with the board from behind strategy all day.

The Sorrow
So you are saying that a CIS off Surfer doesn't have multiple options of putting Thanos down?
Hell no he doesn't. He is ALWAYS shown as insignificant to Thanos, his blasts are nothing, iirc he tried to rush Thanos from light years away and Thanos dodged it plus he can teleport. If the writers wanted to show Surfer being able to best Thanos they would have done so already, he has tried to kill the Titan on more than one occasion and failed EVERY time.

h1a8
Hell no he doesn't. He is ALWAYS shown as insignificant to Thanos, his blasts are nothing, iirc he tried to rush Thanos from light years away and Thanos dodged it plus he can teleport. If the writers wanted to show Surfer being able to best Thanos they would have done so already, he has tried to kill the Titan on more than one occasion and failed EVERY time.

Although I don't recall Surfer blasting Thanos with planet destroying blasts who says he needs blasts to beat Thanos?
Thanos was amped with IG so the feat doesn't count (although there is an viable argument that Surfer missed instead of Thanos dodging).

Surfer can easily black hole Thanos ftw or simply send the board from behind him at 1 million c instantly koing him.

The Sorrow
Although I don't recall Surfer blasting Thanos with planet destroying blasts who says he needs blasts to beat Thanos?
Thanos was amped with IG so the feat doesn't count (although there is an viable argument that Surfer missed instead of Thanos dodging).

Surfer can easily black hole Thanos ftw or simply send the board from behind him at 1 million c instantly koing him.
Surfer blasted him at full power and it did nothing. We know Surfers full powered blasts can destroy small planets and he hit Thanos at full power that's all there is to it stop nitpicking. Thanos has wrecked planets in fights since his creation anyway.

Thanos wasn't using the gauntlet only the PG which doesn't amp ones speed. Surfer seemed to be flying at top speed but Thanos dodged it. Based on what would Surfers board KO Thanos? Also how would it break through his shield?

quanchi112
Surfer can beat Thanos with the black hole strategy all day.
Surfer can beat Thanos with the board from behind strategy all day. You need to cite examples not just throw out any random theory you can and expect it to be taken seriously.

h1a8
You need to cite examples not just throw out any random theory you can and expect it to be taken seriously.

What examples? Examples that Surfer can create black holes or examples where Surfer does the board from behind trick?

janus77
To be fair, Surfer's always shown as being an idiot against Thanos.

1) he horrendously underestimates him. Blasts him with "full power" and monologues thinking that's all it should take.

2) presents a good and steady target for him to hit, even though he should know that Thanos packs a wallop that is best avoided in a direct confrontation.

3) forgets that he can go intangible and make solid constructs out of thin air, which would work both as defence and as a means of slowing and positioning Thanos.

4) forgets he can operate at multiples of the speed of light.

If Surfer did open up the kind of black holes he has, on panel, then Thanos would be in dire trouble. As, again on panel, Thanos had to move cautiously around so as to avoid one of Surfer's black holes.

Also Thanos has been busted up by such things before, iirc.

It's not in character for Surfer to fight to his utmost abilities, but if he did, he would definitely win a few against Thanos. no doubt about that.

Nihilist
What examples? Examples that Surfer can create black holes or examples where Surfer does the board from behind trick? Its not like Thanos cant teleport out of black holes is it laughing out loud and you really think Surfer board is gonna hurt Thanos...ffs.

janus77
and you really think Surfer board is gonna hurt Thanos...ffs.
Ofcourse it isn't! Not while you still draw breath... I can see it now, you leaping from your computer chair (or are you sat on a bean bag?) bravely placing your body between Surfer's menacing board and an unwitting Thanos' bum.

Your love for him is as selfless and self-debasing as his love for Mistress Death ... the symmetry is almost poetic.

Go young Nihilist, fling thyself in the way of all attacks upon thy master yes

Nihilist
Originally posted by janus77
Ofcourse it isn't! Not while you still draw breath... I can see it now, you leaping from your computer chair (or are you sat on a bean bag?) bravely placing your body between Surfer's menacing board and an unwitting Thanos' bum.

Your love for him is as selfless and self-debasing as his love for Mistress Death ... the symmetry is almost poetic.

Go young Nihilist, fling thyself in the way of all attacks upon thy master yes lulzAww is poor little Anus77 butthurt from the other thread he had to follow me in here.

Nevermind at least you can add butthurt to Coward and retard to your list of alter egos.

janus77
wow, what clever puns ... however will I respond to such a cutting display of wit?

I know... Thanos is poo yes

Nihilist
wow, what clever puns ... however will I respond to such a cutting display of wit?

I know... Thanos is poo yes Butthurt troll is still a butthurt troll that is a coward to boot.

janus77
Butthurt troll is still a butthurt troll that is a coward to boot.
enough about you, lets talk about Thanos. Isn't he a little ... poo? wink

quanchi112
enough about you, lets talk about Thanos. Isn't he a little ... poo? wink Thanos stomps. The comics are the evidence not your fantasies.

janus77
Thanos stomps. The comics are the evidence not your fantasies.
quanchii ... this is all a dream, go back to sleep ... nobody said anything bad about Thanos ... noooooobody confused

quanchi112
quanchii ... this is all a dream, go back to sleep ... nobody said anything bad about Thanos ... noooooobody confused I wish for your case this was a dream because your posts all imply a heavy bias so delusional it requires one to ignore their head to head showings along with their showings against other characters.

janus77
I wish for your case this was a dream because your posts all imply a heavy bias so delusional it requires one to ignore their head to head showings along with their showings against other characters.
I wish I understood quanchi ... well, maybe German and French too... but quanchi seems an interesting take on written english.

sleep ... per chance to dream ... in purple!

quanchi112
I wish I understood quanchi ... well, maybe German and French too... but quanchi seems an interesting take on written english.

sleep ... per chance to dream ... in purple! Your attempts at humor are about as effective as your attempts at debating. Thanos wins.

janus77
I resent that!
I made no such attempt and why would I when it is so obvious that you are wrong?

quanchi112
I resent that!
I made no such attempt and why would I when it is so obvious that you are wrong? The comics not only suggest you're wrong but that it isn't even close.

h1a8
Its not like Thanos cant teleport out of black holes is it laughing out loud and you really think Surfer board is gonna hurt Thanos...ffs.

How big do you think a black hole is? There are two parts, the event horizon and the singularity (has no size). The singularity is in the middle of the event horizon. If Thanos enter a event horizon then he would get gnawed up.

But if he touched the singularity then he would be instantly destroyed.
Surfer creates the singularity on Thanos person. Thus he gets destroyed.

Also we have the board from behind trick too.

Nihilist
How big do you think a black hole is? There are two parts, the event horizon and the singularity (has no size). The singularity is in the middle of the event horizon. If Thanos enter a event horizon then he would get gnawed up.

But if he touched the singularity then he would be instantly destroyed.
Surfer creates the singularity on Thanos person. Thus he gets destroyed.Thanos was inside a black hole when it completely closed on him and it didnt destroy him. The onlt reason he didnt tp out of the Black Hole was to it being a suprise attack and the black hole closing within 30 seconds of it being created.

So again a black hole aint doing shit.

Which is gonna do nothing laughing out loud

h1a8
Thanos was inside a black hole when it completely closed on him and it didnt destroy him. The onlt reason he didnt tp out of the Black Hole was to it being a suprise attack and the black hole closing within 30 seconds of it being created.

So again a black hole aint doing shit.

Which is gonna do nothing laughing out loud

Inside a black hole refers to being inside the event horizon. Thanos can't be inside the singularity, which lies at the middle of the event horizon, since nothing can be inside something that is smaller than them (it has no size and is a singularity).

The event horizon alone will gnaw Thanos very well. He would be plenty damaged just like what was shown in comics. But the singularity itself would instantly destroy him.

Mindset
Didn't SS fight inside a blackhole?

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't SS fight inside a blackhole?

He fought in the event horizon (which is still in the black hole) just not in the singularity part.

Nihilist
Inside a black hole refers to being inside the event horizon. Thanos can't be inside the singularity, which lies at the middle of the event horizon, since nothing can be inside something that is smaller than them (it has no size and is a singularity).

The event horizon alone will gnaw Thanos very well. He would be plenty damaged just like what was shown in comics. But the singularity itself would instantly destroy him. Read the damn comic Thanos was sucked into the black hole and it closed on him with him inside..

You fail

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>