The Ones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zoom3
I know you might be asking "Who are The Ones???". These are the Father, the Son, and the Daughter. They may be the most powerful force users ever. What are your thoughts on how high they are in the rankings among the Jedi and Sith.

Lord Lucien
I have this little trick where I just pretend that extra-dimensional, godly, poorly explained, DC/Marvel-esque stuff like that never really happened, and that everyone who watched that story arc was subjected to an hour's worth of epileptic images that induced the exact same hallucination in every viewer.

Works like a charm thumb up

Nephthys
To be honest they didn't seem that powerful.

Bane >>> excellent

ares834
Nah... The Son had some ridiculous powers like giving people visions of the future and infecting people with the dark side.

Also according to the narrator they are "more powerful with the force that any Jedi have seen before."

Lord Lucien
The Father shut down a lightsaber with his bare hand. Until Satele Shan finally cracks Malgus' in two, I'm impressed. He can also erase memories at will. So f*ck him.

Nephthys
Vader also did that once. As did Corran Horn.

Lord Lucien
They used their bare hands, right?

Nephthys
Yeah, I think so.

Lord Lucien
Alright, I'm no longer impressed.

Arhael
Their power source came from the planet Mortis they lived on as it was "a conduit for the entire Force of the galaxy". The father wanted to replace himself with Anakin because as chosen one he was more powerful than them. If Anakin learned to draw on that power as well, he would be the new god.

Lord Lucien
Anakin used to be a god like The Ones. Then he took a saber in the knee.

Nephthys
I have to admit I want Mortis and the Ones to reappear in canon and be a little more explored. They have such implications about the nature of the Force that it would be criminal for them to just be one-shot aliens. I mean, Mortis was the conduit through which the entire Force of the universe flows. That could do with some more exploration imo. Its a great setting.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Anakin used to be a god like The Ones. Then he took a saber in the knee.

Well played, sir.

Anyone else find it hilarious or perhaps indicative of poor storytelling that "mortis" means "of death"? So a planet of death is a conduit of the Force, which is generated by living things.

Also, Mortis was on the Dark Council during TOR. Fail on your namebook, GL.

Nephthys
Actually I find it kind of interesting. I think they can do something cool with the mortis meaning death thing.

Stealth Moose
Like death absorbs and concentrates the energy of the Living?

Nephthys
Possibly. Idk, I've always found the Force to be kind of morally ambiguous. It certainly doen't shy away from kick-starting a few massacres. I mean look at what it did with Anakin: Plagueis and Palps **** around with it so it creates a being who slaughters most of the Jedi Order, instead of just, frying their brains or something. I guess I'm influenced by Kreia here. As great as the mysticism is, I'm interested in just how much of a will the Force has, aka the Living Force concept. If it has any kind of control then it sure does let alot of shit go on with darksiders using it to kill a ton of people. 'Because I hate the Force. I hate that it seems to have a will, that it would control us to achieve some measure of balance, when countless lives are lost.'

Or, getting back on topic, maybe Mortis could be something more symbolic. I just think theres more you could do with it.

Stealth Moose
But let's not forget who's telling the story here. This isn't Luceno or Chris Avellone... this is George "eh **** it" Lucas; the same George Lucas who gives Anakin a scar because it's cool, who invented midi-chlorians as if to suck the mysticism and fun out of the Force, and the same GL who created Jar-Jar Binks.

I'd be surprised if he knew what it meant, to be honest. The idea that GL's going to be deep about that would be entirely accidental, or the work of a subordinent with far more talent (See Luceno, Stover, etc.)

As for the Force, the real question is "does it have a will", or is it driven by the wills of the living beings that fuel it and use it? Some Buddhist sects have a belief that individuals can effect energy fields through states of mind, chanting, meditating, and movement. It would be interesting to see that philosophy applied to the Force. In fact, I mean to do so when I write more later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.