Thanos vs Morg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Thanos at his best/peak no I.G vs a full powered Morg that drank from the rivers plus power cosmic powers etc at his peak.. who takes this and why?

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Stoic
There wouldn't be anything easy about this fight.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
There wouldn't be anything easy about this fight.

A surprise attack by Nova (arguably the weakest of all the Heralds) caused WOL Morg to cry out in pain and collapse onto the floor. Thanos' got this 10/10.

quanchi112
There wouldn't be anything easy about this fight. It's posts like these which make me question you, stoic.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
A surprise attack by Nova (arguably the weakest of all the Heralds) caused WOL Morg to cry out in pain and collapse onto the floor. Thanos' got this 10/10.

A sneak attack is the key word. Nova was still very powerful, and I always saw Firelord as being the weakest, after all she did far better in that battle than Kril did if you recall. Morg literally punked Firelord. Do you really believe that a sneak attack is any cause to believe that this would be easy?

Damborgson
Thanos will win. But theres nothing easy about this.

Stoic
I think that it is important for the sake of this thread, that we don't compare one characters power-sets to another. Let me explain. Morg took on a team of Heralds that was more powerful than Nova, and the Surfer that Lord Mar-Vell embarrassed. However if we placed that scene under a microscope, Mar-Vell hit them with magic, and not on a physical level. Some characters like the Surfer, and Nova could have been weak to that particular magic. Mar-Vell really didn't do anything for me to say that he was physically more dominant than them though.

My argument is this, Morg was more of a physical powerhouse than Mar-Vell was shown to be on panel, which leaves this open to debate. Morg also has an axe and the power that was capable of cleaving a world in two like a knife though butter, and that was when he just possessed the Power Cosmic. Using just the Power of the Waters of Life, he shrugged, and destroyed the world that the Waters of Life originated from.

TheLordofMurder
I think that it is important for the sake of this thread, that we don't compare one characters power-sets to another. Let me explain. Morg took on a team of Heralds that was more powerful than Nova, and the Surfer that Lord Mar-Vell embarrassed. However if we placed that scene under a microscope, Mar-Vell hit them with magic, and not on a physical level. Some characters like the Surfer, and Nova could have been weak to that particular magic. Mar-Vell really didn't do anything for me to say that he was physically more dominant than them though.

My argument is this, Morg was more of a physical powerhouse than Mar-Vell was shown to be on panel, which leaves this open to debate. Morg also has an axe and the power that was capable of cleaving a world in two like a knife though butter, and that was when he just possessed the Power Cosmic. Using just the Power of the Waters of Life, he shrugged, and destroyed the world that the Waters of Life originated from.

thumb up

The extremely Thanos hype around here makes me root against a character that I geniunely like...

Thanos is a badazz, but to say that he "easily" beats Morg with WoL!? Bullcrap...

Thanos might prove to be stronger, but hes going to be hurting and bruised afterwards...

I honestly think Thanos takes this maybe 6 out of 10; its very possible that this version of Morg fights Thanos to dead draw...

guy222
close fight

Badabing
Morg. smile

h1a8
A surprise attack by Nova (arguably the weakest of all the Heralds) caused WOL Morg to cry out in pain and collapse onto the floor. Thanos' got this 10/10. You lowballer you. Using a character's lowest showings as the standard is a no no.

Also,
If a child surprised attacked you and kicked you in the shin then you would cry out in pain too, yet you are much more powerful than a child (unless you are a child yourself lol)

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
You lowballer you. Using a character's lowest showings as the standard is a no no.

Also,
If a child surprised attacked you and kicked you in the shin then you would cry out in pain too, yet you are much more powerful than a child (unless you are a child yourself lol)

He did more than merely cry out, he collapsed onto the floor and was there for a few moments. They actually thought she KOed him.

Bouboumaster
Thanos wtfpwn him with his eyebeams like he did the last time they met.

Stoic
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos wtfpwn him with his eyebeams like he did the last time they met.

What book did that happen in, and what was the full context to the battle?

Did Morg have both the Power Cosmic, and the WOL? I recall Galactus stripping him of the PC after killing Nova.

zopzop
What book did that happen in, and what was the full context to the battle?

Did Morg have both the Power Cosmic, and the WOL? I recall Galactus stripping him of the PC after killing Nova.

Do you recall this?!?!?!?!?!?!? stick out tongue
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9157/ownedfkb.th.jpg http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3716/heout.th.jpg

She KOed him for a little while. Or at least he looked KOed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

The extremely Thanos hype around here makes me root against a character that I geniunely like...

Thanos is a badazz, but to say that he "easily" beats Morg with WoL!? Bullcrap...

Thanos might prove to be stronger, but hes going to be hurting and bruised afterwards...

I honestly think Thanos takes this maybe 6 out of 10; its very possible that this version of Morg fights Thanos to dead draw... Thanos absolutely mauls him. I see Lord Mar-vell mauling Morg here and we see how easily Thanos mopped the floor with him.

Stoic
Do you recall this?!?!?!?!?!?!? stick out tongue
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9157/ownedfkb.th.jpg http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3716/heout.th.jpg

She KOed him for a little while. Or at least he looked KOed.

I recall it, but what was the context of Morg's battle with Thanos when he did not have the PC and just retained the WOL? There was also a few inconsistencies in Morg's entire run that should have been explained in greater depth. How Marvel went and destroyed a good character like Morg is beyond me. Instead of making him brilliant they gave him an uninspiring origin, and put him out to pasture.

zopzop
@Stoic

The only time I can recall Thanos and Morg fighting was in the Cosmic Powers issues. Thanos fought a mind controlled Morg. He had his Power Cosmic back but no WoL stuff. This was after he was killed and resurrected by Galactus following the events in the Herald Ordeal Arc.

Stoic
@Stoic

The only time I can recall Thanos and Morg fighting was in the Cosmic Powers issues. Thanos fought a mind controlled Morg. He had his Power Cosmic back but no WoL stuff. This was after he was killed and resurrected by Galactus following the events in the Herald Ordeal Arc.

In that little scuffle, if you remember, Thanos did not maul Morg, and according to continuity, I don't believe that Morg was in possession of the Power Cosmic. Galactus never replenished him with it after taking it away once he had killed Nova. Do you remember this? let me be clear, I think Thanos would win, but he would be in for one hell of a battle. The scene in Cosmic Powers tells us this much.

zopzop
In that little scuffle, if you remember, Thanos did not maul Morg, and according to continuity, I don't believe that Morg was in possession of the Power Cosmic. Galactus never replenished him with it after taking it away once he had killed Nova. Do you remember this? let me be clear, I think Thanos would win, but he would be in for one hell of a battle. The scene in Cosmic Powers tells us this much.

No for sure he had the Power Cosmic. Morg was stripped of the PC by Big G during the end of the Herald Ordeal. He dies. Galactus later rezzes him and restores his PC but no more WoL power up. He goes to get revenge vs Terrax for killing him and stealing his axe. Tyrant's goons show up and pwn them. Tyrant keeps him as a power supply to spite Galactus. Thanos and crew show up, Tyrant returns the PC he drained in his orbs to Morg and sics him on them for the LuLz.

He puts up a SURPRISINGLY good showing vs Thanos (hell Ganymede was even helping Thanos vs Morg), but he loses in the end.

Stoic
No for sure he had the Power Cosmic. Morg was stripped of the PC by Big G during the end of the Herald Ordeal. He dies. Galactus later rezzes him and restores his PC but no more WoL power up. He goes to get revenge vs Terrax for killing him and stealing his axe. Tyrant's goons show up and pwn them. Tyrant keeps him as a power supply to spite Galactus. Thanos and crew show up, Tyrant returns the PC he drained in his orbs to Morg and sics him on them for the LuLz.

He puts up a SURPRISINGLY good showing vs Thanos (hell Ganymede was even helping Thanos vs Morg), but he loses in the end.

So with all of that being said, and how well Morg did in his brief scuffle with Thanos, how much better would he do if he had the WOL in that conflict? I'm not even sure that Morg wasn't playing possum with Nova, because as he rises, he does so with an evil grin on his face. Did he look like a guy in an overly serious condition? He wasn't groggy the way someone would be if they were KO'd. All the same, Morg with both the PC and WOL has that nasty axe, which could pose a serious threat to even Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fun Fact: Morg STILL had the WOL when Thanos one shot him.. read his bio if you don't believe me... big grin

Stoic
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Fun Fact: Morg STILL had the WOL when Thanos one shot him.. read his bio if you don't believe me... big grin

The bio runs against the continuity. Read every appearance with him in it, and you will see why this is. In other words, never rely on hand books, and bios unless they are used to highlight what the characters power are. In Morg's case, continuity should always take precedence over a bio that may have been out of touch.

quanchi112
Fun Fact: Morg STILL had the WOL when Thanos one shot him.. read his bio if you don't believe me... big grin thumb up Bios are excellent sources of info.

Stoic
Not when they are out of continuity.

quanchi112
Not when they are out of continuity. What's out of continuity ?

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
What's out of continuity ?

quanchi112
Are you saying the bio is based off of what then ? Aren't bios based on continuity ?

zopzop

Kurupt when did Thanos one shot Morg with eyebeams? To my knowledge they only fought once during the Cosmic Powers arc.

Stoic
Are you saying the bio is based off of what then ? Aren't bios based on continuity ?

In Morg's case there were a few discrepancies. as ZOP pointed out, and made me scratch my head over the entire character for years. Marvel hired a shoddy team to finish the Tyrant story, and unfortunately Morg was caught up in the shit storm. If it's of any consolation, I think that Thanos would win this, just not by way of mauling Morg. He's going to have to work for it, based on, on panel evidence.

zopzop
I have the issue where Galactus rezzed Morg after his death in the Herald Ordeal, the only mention of the WoL stuff was by Galactus. He said that it was what allowed Galactus to rekindle the spark of life in Morg and rez him. Then Morg goes off to find his axe that Terrax stole.

There is no further mention of the WoL stuff but in Cosmic Powers 5 Tyrant says plain as day he's siphoning "the power cosmic" from Morg. And then later returns it to him so he can fight off Thanos/Terrax/Ganymede.

Prior to this, he exhausted himself fighting (and beating) Terrax and that's what allowed Tyrant's goons to capture them. So for sure he did not have the WoL upgrade anymore. Otherwise he would have WTFpwned Terrax.

That's it. What does his bio say? When did Thanos "one shot" Morg? What fight was this?

Stoic
That's it. What does his bio say? When did Thanos "one shot" Morg? What fight was this?

?.

Great way to break it down by the way, and it's to the letter.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I have the issue where Galactus rezzed Morg after his death in the Herald Ordeal, the only mention of the WoL stuff was by Galactus. He said that it was what allowed Galactus to rekindle the spark of life in Morg and rez him. Then Morg goes off to find his axe that Terrax stole.

There is no further mention of the WoL stuff but in Cosmic Powers 5 Tyrant says plain as day he's siphoning "the power cosmic" from Morg. And then later returns it to him so he can fight off Thanos/Terrax/Ganymede.

Prior to this, he exhausted himself fighting (and beating) Terrax and that's what allowed Tyrant's goons to capture them. So for sure he did not have the WoL upgrade anymore. Otherwise he would have WTFpwned Terrax.

You actually proved the point and didn't even realize it. In ORDER FOR GALACTUS TO EVEN REVIVE MORG.. HE STILL HAD SOME WOL LEFT. Meaning it wasn't ALL GONE just as the BIO states. On panel narration colaborated by bio narration. Furthermore, how could you read all what you claim and miss when Thanos one shot Morg... Morg cheapshotted Thanos from the side... proceeds to try and cut Thanos's head off with an axe... this strike was blocked by Thanos... at which point morg is grabbed from behind... at which point.. Thanos one shots morg... I'm not sure how you can claim to have read all of this.. and miss this HUGE part?

Stoic
You actually proved the point and didn't even realize it. In ORDER FOR GALACTUS TO EVEN REVIVE MORG.. HE STILL HAD SOME WOL LEFT, although it was not the amount that this thread is asking for. Meaning it wasn't ALL GONE, yet it was still nearly depleted, and not what the OP of this thread is using.

Just as the BIO states. On panel narration collaborated by bio narration. Furthermore, how could you read all what you claim and miss when Thanos one shot Morg... Morg cheapshotted Thanos from the side... proceeds to try and cut Thanos's head off with an axe... this strike was blocked by Thanos, who grabbed an axe to defend himself... at which point Morg is grabbed from behind... at which point.. Thanos one shots Morg that was still at that point without the WOL... I'm not sure how you can claim to have read all of this.. and miss this HUGE part?

Edited.

zopzop
You actually proved the point and didn't even realize it. In ORDER FOR GALACTUS TO EVEN REVIVE MORG.. HE STILL HAD SOME WOL LEFT. Meaning it wasn't ALL GONE just as the BIO states. On panel narration colaborated by bio narration.

Post rez, this is the only mention of the WoL power up :
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/1005/wolo.th.jpg

If it was there, it's gone now. If there, the WoL remnant in Morg was miniscule, because he exhausted himself fighting Terrax (stated and proven on panel). Terrax!

Good God, you are using the Cosmic Powers fight as proof Thanos "one shotted" Morg?! Holy sh|t.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He didn't one shot morg? What else on earth would you call that... Thanos fired ONE SHOT and Morg was put down.

As far as the WOL... the point is, it WAS still there post rez... how much is debatable... but there is no continuity error to speak of

Stoic
He didn't one shot morg? What else on earth would you call that... Thanos fired ONE SHOT and Morg was put down.

As far as the WOL... the point is, it WAS still there post rez... how much is debatable... but there is no continuity error to speak of

It's the context of the whole thing. Morg was not at full power in that battle, and he did well. With the Full power of both the PC, and WOL, he would most certainly have done better. Morg's character was crap, but you can't deny that he had loads of power at his best showing.

zopzop

But there is. You can't argue that the remnant of the WoL power was any kind of boost to Morg post rez because he EXHAUSTED himself fighting Terrax! It was shown on panel and stated by Morg himself.

I read it as the WoL had allowed Galactus to rez Morg and that's it. There was no further power up from it post rez.

Concerning the Thanos/Morg fight. Tyrant returned the Power Cosmic he had siphoned off from Morg so he could deal with Thanos/Ganymede/Terrax. At no time did Thanos fight him solo. In fact, Morg's initial attack wasn't even directed at Thanos but Terrax! He then went on to fight both Ganymede and Thanos and Thanos appeared to need Terrax's axe to deflect an attack from Morg. Hell Thanos was even asking Ganymede to "occupy" aka distract him!

Scans here :

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6353/part1mh.th.jpg http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9656/part2ty.th.jpg http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3672/part3ze.th.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4149/part4q.th.jpg
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4990/part5z.th.jpg http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8384/part6aa.th.jpg http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7531/part7x.th.jpg http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2812/part8k.th.jpg

To recap :

Thanos was not his first target, Terrax was
Thanos had time to defend himself once Morg showed up
Thanos had help from Ganymede
Thanos did not one shot Morg (you can see him muscle through on of Thanos' blasts and tackle him)
Thanos needed Terrax's axe at one point in the fight to deflect an incoming axe strike from Morg.

Stoic
But there is. You can't argue that the remnant of the WoL power was any kind of boost to Morg post rez because he EXHAUSTED himself fighting Terrax! It was shown on panel and stated by Morg himself.

I read it as the WoL had allowed Galactus to rez Morg and that's it. There was no further power up from it post rez.

Concerning the Thanos/Morg fight. Tyrant returned the Power Cosmic he had siphoned off from Morg so he could deal with Thanos/Ganymede/Terrax. At no time did Thanos fight him solo. In fact, Morg's initial attack wasn't even directed at Thanos but Terrax! He then went on to fight both Ganymede and Thanos and Thanos appeared to need Terrax's axe to deflect an attack from Morg. Hell Thanos was even asking Ganymede to "occupy" aka distract him!

Scans here :

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6353/part1mh.th.jpg http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9656/part2ty.th.jpg http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3672/part3ze.th.jpg http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4149/part4q.th.jpg
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4990/part5z.th.jpg http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8384/part6aa.th.jpg http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7531/part7x.th.jpg http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2812/part8k.th.jpg

To recap :

Thanos did not one shot Morg (you can see him muscle through on of Thanos' blasts and tackle him)
Thanos needed Terrax's axe at one point in the fight to deflect an incoming axe strike from Morg.

There can be no arguing with that evidence.

KuRuPT Thanosi
are you looking at your own scans? at no point did he MUSCLE through Thanos blast... not sure where you get that from. The blast that actually hit Morg.. KO'd him in one shot.. Period

Stoic
are you looking at your own scans? at no point did he MUSCLE through Thanos blast... not sure where you get that from. The blast that actually hit Morg.. KO'd him in one shot.. Period

No it did not. Thanos hit Morg the first time and Morg bulled through it. Thanos even when chastising Ganymede, and boasting of having the power to put Morg down, was still unable to fully KO him. Look at the scan, and you will see that Morg is still struggling to get to his feet. This again was Morg without the WOL.

quanchi112
In Morg's case there were a few discrepancies. as ZOP pointed out, and made me scratch my head over the entire character for years. Marvel hired a shoddy team to finish the Tyrant story, and unfortunately Morg was caught up in the shit storm. If it's of any consolation, I think that Thanos would win this, just not by way of mauling Morg. He's going to have to work for it, based on, on panel evidence. I don't care about what you think is shoddy and what isn't this is about debating two fictional characters. This is as serious as it gets.

Thanos doesn't win he mauls. This isn't close. Thanos mauled Mar-vell who showed Surfer wasn't even a threat. It turns out Nova had the power to faze Morg. Thanos has the power to send Galactus on his ass. Stompage.

Stoic
I don't care about what you think is shoddy and what isn't this is about debating two fictional characters. This is as serious as it gets.

Thanos doesn't win he mauls. This isn't close. Thanos mauled Mar-vell who showed Surfer wasn't even a threat. It turns out Nova had the power to faze Morg. Thanos has the power to send Galactus on his ass. Stompage.

Argue with the scans. Morg without the WOL did well against Thanos, and that's all that there is to it. Just because you can't wrap it around your mind that there are guys out there that could take it to Thanos, or outright defeat him, is something that you may need to get comfortable with. Those scans show that Thanos did not one shot Morg at half power, and that Morg was able to bull through his blast, and take him down. Had Thanos not grabbed Terrax's axe, he would have been cut in half.

Lord Mar-Vell hit Nova and the Surfer with magic, that was likely able to hurt them, but he did not physically overpower them. Morg at his best would have likely beat the tar out of Mar-Vell just like Thanos did, after all the WOL's nature was magic. Mar-Vell has no business being called a trans tier with only a hand full of appearances, even if he killed the Magus, who as we now know wasn't killed after all. We also do not know how powerful the Magus was at that very moment in time, because his power fluctuates from one instant to the next. Also he wasn't even ready and was hit unawares. Only you could make something as simple as that one scene into something that it may not have been.

You think Morg is weak? How about I make a thread with the Silver Surfer vs Morg (with PC & WOL), and see if he wouldn't give Surfer as great of a beating as Thanos did. Tossing Galactus wasn't as big a feat as you make it either, he wasn't the size of a planet or anything, he actually looked like he was below 20 feet in that book, and weighing less than 10 - 15 tons.

zopzop
@Stoic

Dude I have to agree with Quan on this one. Post rez Morg sans WoL upgrade seems to be weaksauce. His fight with Terrax before and after they got captured by Tyrant didn't fill me with confidence in his power.

Stoic
@Stoic

Dude I have to agree with Quan on this one. Post rez Morg sans WoL upgrade seems to be weaksauce. His fight with Terrax before and after they got captured by Tyrant didn't fill me with confidence in his power.

This was still a Morg that was capable of going toe to toe with the Silver Surfer, while only having the PC though. The very scan that you presented of Cosmic Powers shows that Morg wasn't flattened or mauled, and he was at least at half power. Let me ask you this then, do you think Morg with WOL & PC could absolutely destroy the Silver Surfer if Norrin did not have the aid of the other Heralds backing him, and they were in an enclosed space like the one that Thanos hammered the Surfer into a coma?

When did Mar-Vell show his physical dominance over anyone of note? Mar_Vell hit Nova and the Surfer with magic, which thry could have been weak against, he didn't manhandle them the way Morg would manhandle those two at his most powerful. Just think about it. How big was Galactus when Thanos sent him careening? Could you see any class 100 tossing 10 -15 tons of weight that far? If you can't then I'm in error, but come on Thanos never did anything unaided to say that he would maul Morg at his most powerful. Like I said, just think about it.

quanchi112
Argue with the scans. Morg without the WOL did well against Thanos, and that's all that there is to it. Just because you can't wrap it around your mind that there are guys out there that could take it to Thanos, or outright defeat him, is something that you may need to get comfortable with. Those scans show that Thanos did not one shot Morg at half power, and that Morg was able to bull through his blast, and take him down. Had Thanos not grabbed Terrax's axe, he would have been cut in half.
No, Morg didn't do well. Hell, I have seen Wolverine do more damage than Morg. Morg knocked him down and he defended himself. He looked at Morg as a simple obstacle in his path hardly worth his attention. He was there for Tyrant not some p.o.w. You yourself admitted Morg loses so this isn't one of those times. You need to drop the obsession with Thanos losing. There's no proof at all he'd be cut in half. It's just you speculating and you've admitted you want Thanos to lose thereby forfeiting all objectivity in Thanos threads. Lord Mar-vell has power to resist strength he wasn't restricted to physical attacks only. Someone like the Hulk would be an afterthought to someone who doesn't even acknowledge the Surfer as a threat.

No, Morg wouldn't since the Surfer beat his ass by himself. The comics support my views not your own.

Based on Mar-vell's showings he was above top tier and more than even trans but really Morg isn't. Nova was able to really injure him. The guy is simply outclassed here and badly.
Compared to Thanos he is weak. Surfer defeated Morg when they both had the pc only. Morg needs an upgrade to defeat Thanos' whipping boy. It's two different levels, sport.

The sooner you realize this the better. Tyrant acknowledged Thanos is more than these others which included Morg. My number one rule is go with the comics not against them. laughing out loud

zopzop
@Stoic
I'm not arguing that Morg + WoL was weak. He was more powerful than Silver Surfer/Firelord/Nova/Air Walker/Terrax team. Which is nice. But Blood and Thunder Thor was manhandling high herald level beings like Warlock, BRB, Dumb Drax, and Surfer (and this was before he got the Power Gem).

Regarding the Mar-vell incident, none of them were even remotely a threat to him. So if he's pwning them because of sorcery or fisticuffs it ultimately would make no difference no?

Regarding Thanos blasting Galactus off his feet, size wouldn't factor into it. Otherwise, how do you explain Thanos being unable to even BUDGE Odin when they threw down? Odin was at most 6ft-7ft tall.

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

He wouldnt underestimate Morg again, Morg gets put down without much fuss.

Stoic
1. Morg was not among the ones counted as being less than Thanos.

2. Read the OP, this is not Thanos vs Morg with only the PC, but he also has the WOL.

3. Morg beat the Surfer senseless in their first meeting, and in their last the Surfer barely won. Galactus made Morg to be the Surfer's equal, the Surfer simply had more experience at using the power given to him.

4. Mar-Vell did not manhandle anyone of note, he found a weakness in the Surfer, and Nova, one that they had no defense against, and he used it. He used magic. This is not something that Dr. Strange could not whip up. Mar-Vell was powerful, but as for his strength feat... well they are non existent.

5. Morg did as well as those scans say that he did, for someone that claims to go by what the books says, you seem to be blind to this one. Kurupt seems to be under the same illusion. Thanos did not one shot Morg, and Morg was half of what the OP of this thread is asking for during Cosmic Powers 5. On top of it all Morg was being attacked by 2-3 combatants.

6. If the Silver Surfer could have taken Morg at his most powerful alone, he would have never sought the aid of the other Heralds. As we all know however, he did seek out aid, and was still being thrown around. Only through Galactus removing the Power Cosmic from Morg were they able to escape total annihilation. Morg was stopped by a plot device.

7. I already said that Morg would lose to Thanos, but that it certainly would not be this fantasy mauling that you want it to be, despite evidence that points to other conclusions. Then again in your eyes Thanos would maul Odin, Galactus... helll you likely think that he would beat Korvak too, but your wrong. Thanos was measured, and he is less than Odin by a country mile.

Stoic
@Stoic
I'm not arguing that Morg + WoL was weak. He was more powerful than Silver Surfer/Firelord/Nova/Air Walker/Terrax team. Which is nice. But Blood and Thunder Thor was manhandling high herald level beings like Warlock, BRB, Dumb Drax, and Surfer (and this was before he got the Power Gem).

Regarding the Mar-vell incident, none of them were even remotely a threat to him. So if he's pwning them because of sorcery or fisticuffs it ultimately would make no difference no?

Regarding Thanos blasting Galactus off his feet, size wouldn't factor into it. Otherwise, how do you explain Thanos being unable to even BUDGE Odin when they threw down? Odin was at most 6ft-7ft tall.

Thor was doing a number on that team this is true, but Morg was outright going to murder the Heralds, and only for the sake of plot did he stop just short of that. I never said that Morg would win this, all I said was that Thanos isn't going to be putting him away with anything that resembles ease. If you really want to get down to it, in open space, Morg can move at FTL speeds, and Thanos can't. Morg could pick his targets, and fire away, while maintaining these speeds as well.

if they battled in character, Morg would destroy the very planet beneath thanos' feet, and have a field avantage on him. You do recall what the runner did to Thanos when he was out of his element right? Well Morg isn't much slower in terms of travel speed of an unaided Runner. yeah yeah the fallen one rushed Thanos and was pasted, but did he really fight intelligently? he bullrushed in, and was owned. there are many angles to this. Thanos wins but it's not going to be a walk in the park. His name is Thanos of Titan, not Thanos the Invincible.

zopzop
Thor was doing a number on that team this is true, but Morg was outright going to murder the Heralds, and only for the sake of plot did he stop just short of that. I never said that Morg would win this, all I said was that Thanos isn't going to be putting him away with anything that resembles ease. If you really want to get down to it, in open space, Morg can move at FTL speeds, and Thanos can't. Morg could pick his targets, and fire away, while maintaining these speeds as well.

if they battled in character, Morg would destroy the very planet beneath thanos' feet, and have a field avantage on him. You do recall what the runner did to Thanos when he was out of his element right? Well Morg isn't much slower in terms of travel speed of an unaided Runner. yeah yeah the fallen one rushed Thanos and was pasted, but did he really fight intelligently? he bullrushed in, and was owned. there are many angles to this. Thanos wins but it's not going to be a walk in the park. His name is Thanos of Titan, not Thanos the Invincible.

B&T Thor could have murdered those high heralds I mentioned too. He had them dead to rights. And the opponents Thor was fighting against : BRB, Warlock with Soul Gem, Drax with Power Gem, Silver Surfer, etc.. were more impressive than what WoL Morg was up against in Air Walker/Firelord/Nova/Terrax/Surfer.

Having said that, I'm actually glad you picked up on Thanos' mobility issue. Can he even fly/levitate without using his chair/tech? I've never seen him do it. In fact, during the IG saga when Nebula punished Thanos, she banished him to deep space and he was just floating there unable to move. At first I thought she depowered him somehow too as extra punishment but that wasn't the case because when Strange found and tped him back to Earth, he and the Surfer started attacking each other.

Stoic
B&T Thor could have murdered those high heralds I mentioned too. He had them dead to rights. And the opponents Thor was fighting against : BRB, Warlock with Soul Gem, Drax with Power Gem, Silver Surfer, etc.. were more impressive than what WoL Morg was up against in Air Walker/Firelord/Nova/Terrax/Surfer.

Having said that, I'm actually glad you picked up on Thanos' mobility issue. Can he even fly/levitate without using his chair/tech? I've never seen him do it. In fact, during the IG saga when Nebula punished Thanos, she banished him to deep space and he was just floating there unable to move. At first I thought she depowered him somehow too as extra punishment but that wasn't the case because when Strange found and tped him back to Earth, he and the Surfer started attacking each other.

Oh yeah I know. All I've been saying all along though is that Thanos would win, but he's not going to just walk in there, grab Morg, slam him into the ground, and raise his arms in victory. He's actually going to have to work for it, and take his share of the lumps. by the way Drax was an idiot, and even though he had the PG, it might as well have been a marble, because he didn't have the faintest idea of its use. The rest of those guys are debatable, some of them weren't exactly true Herald material, but more along the lines of low to mid Herald. all the same PG Thor's use of the Gem was very suspect, and it didn't seem like he was much more powerful than his usual self when he fought Thanos. Do you really believe that Thanos is an Odin level character?

zopzop
Oh yeah I know. All I've been saying all along though is that Thanos would win, but he's not going to just walk in there, grab Morg, slam him into the ground, and raise his arms in victory. He's actually going to have to work for it, and take his share of the lumps. by the way Drax was an idiot, and even though he had the PG, it might as well have been a marble, because he didn't have the faintest idea of its use. The rest of those guys are debatable, some of them weren't exactly true Herald material, but more along the lines of low to mid Herald. all the same PG Thor's use of the Gem was very suspect, and it didn't seem like he was much more powerful than his usual self when he fought Thanos. Do you really believe the Thanos is an Odin level character?

B&T Thor waxed those guys (BRB, Warlock w/Mind Gem, Drax w/Power Gem, Surfer, etc..) before he got his hands on the Power Gem. IMHO those guys were way more powerful than Air-Walker/Firelord/Terrax/Nova.

Thanos, pre TI, was what he was. A high trans character in terms of damage output and damage soak/durability. Odin is an elite Skyfather. So Odin >>>>Thanos>>>>>>Thor>>>>>Surfer>=Morg (PC).

Galan007
Scans here :

To recap :

Thanos needed Terrax's axe at one point in the fight to deflect an incoming axe strike from Morg. Going by this, I think a very strong case could be made for Morg. Imo, he and Thanos appeared to be stalemating (with an ever-so-slight edge to Morg) until Thanos received help in the form of Ganymede and Terrax's axe.

IF Thanos beat him here, it would not be easy by any means. Imo.

Naija boy
Thanos wins pretty definitively. Morg with the WOL while powerful and aggressive but had so so durability. He make a fight of it but thanes wins for sure.

basilisk
Originally posted by Galan007
Going by this, I think a very strong case could be made for Morg. Imo, he and Thanos appeared to be stalemating (with an ever-so-slight edge to Morg) until Thanos received help in the form of Ganymede and Terrax's axe.

IF Thanos beat him here, it would not be easy by any means. Imo. That wasn't one of Thanos's best showings for sure, against a de-powered and mindless Morg and failing to KO him.

Back then Morg might have had a chance with the WOL. I think the current Thanos probably wins though, but it might not be easy. I wonder how they would do Morg if they brought him back now, what sort of power level they would give him? I'm surprised Tyrant and Morg never did come back, maybe they are just too 90s.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm not sure what in these scans supports the notion that Morg was stalemating Thanos... He tackled him.. while going through one of Thanos's weaker blasts... Thanos blocks his attack as Thanos... Gany than distracts Thanos... who then gets serious.. and puts him down in one shot. What about this fight is a stalemate?

Furthermore, Zop and Stoic... The point is, and the scans show, once Thanos got serious... Not a one fisted blast as somebody tackling you... but once Thanos got serious.. two handed blast... Morg was put down in ONE SHOT with ease.

OneDumbG0
Going by this, I think a very strong case could be made for Morg. Imo, he and Thanos appeared to be stalemating (with an ever-so-slight edge to Morg) until Thanos received help in the form of Ganymede and Terrax's axe.

IF Thanos beat him here, it would not be easy by any means. Imo. Hard to disagree when you remove the mindlessness of his mind-control, the fact that Thanos had allies and direct assistance and you add the formidable WOL amp.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Only if you ignore the fact that Thanos gets serious... outright says he can put Morg down... and does so in one blast once he gets serious... So besides that, sure.

OneDumbG0
Only if you ignore the fact that Thanos gets serious... outright says he can put Morg down... and does so in one blast once he gets serious... So besides that, sure. And does so after being helped... and after getting knocked down... and requiring an artifact that he wouldn't have in this fight... against a mindless Morg... who has no WOL amp.... so besides that, sure.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I see, so morg being mindless carries about as much weight as Thanos fight smart has EASILY teleporting out of the way of quicker attacks with ease.. thus.. he needed no axe to avoid that attack. Point is, Morg was put down with ease once Thanos got serious... at no point did Morg even imply or show he had the power to put Thanos down with ease.

OneDumbG0
^ It doesn't at all. Thanos doesn't use his personal teleportation in a Nightcrawler-fashion during fights. He uses it to travel.

Thanos put down Morg, and not so easily. Which is obvious since Morg apaprently had the upperhand despite being mindless, without a WOL amp and having to take on Terrax and Ganymede in addition to Thanos.

Don't be so chafed at the above facts.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you're basing this on their fight (And him lacking the WOL) there's no arguing against Morg giving Thanos a hell of a battle.

Still favoring the Mad Titan personally. It's too bad Surfer has such a shitty record against Thanos, it just collectively brings down the tier.

Morg -with WOL- would be an awesome Thor villain imo, Fraction should bring him back.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ok fine, Thanos two shots him with ease.. not one shot

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he put all he has into or close to it, perhaps, but I don't think that would qualify as easy anymore.

KuRuPT Thanosi
He didn't seem to put all he has or close to it.. in a blast that already KO'd morg. Not sure why that is needed

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by ozz81
full powered Morg that drank from the rivers plus power cosmic powers etc at his peak..

Galan007
I'd just like to point out a few things...

a.) Morg TANKED Thanos' first blast. He was, quite literally, unfazed by it.
b.) Despite Thanos having *help* when he blasted Morg a second time, that blast still did NOT KO Morg.
c.) During that scuffle, Morg was at significantly weaker levels then he'd be at in this match.

Dats all. smile

Nihilist
Not suprised at people ignoring Thanos underestimating Morg whith his first blast, yet then realised what he was up against floored with with a stronger blast...its not like Thanos is gonna allow Morg that luxury again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would like to also point out that Thanos once thanos got serious.. via on panel narration and description.. He one shot Morg. Morg was helpless on the ground with Thanos standing over him with axe in hand. Furthermore, what I'm illustrating is Morg and his durability shown during said fight...

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
Not suprised at people ignoring Thanos underestimating Morg whith his first blast, yet then realised what he was up against floored with with a stronger blast...its not like Thanos is gonna allow Morg that luxury again.

How hard is it for you to understand that Morg was not at his best in that scene, and even without him being optimized, he was still able to remain conscious. Thanos' huge power shot in the end, still did not KO Morg.

Nihilist
How hard is it for you to understand that Morg was not at his best in that scene, and even without him being optimized, he was still able to remain conscious. Thanos' huge power shot in the end, still did not KO Morg. How hard is it for you to understand Thanos never hit him with anything like his powerful blasts he has or the power lvl he showed in Imperative.

Thanos never even used any of his other powers yet Morg was the only one not fighting at full capacity.

Once Morg was down Thanos could of finished him easily.

Stoic
How hard is it for you to understand Thanos never hit him with anything like his powerful blasts he has or the power lvl he showed in Imperative.

Thanos never even used any of his other powers yet Morg was the only one not fighting at full capacity.

Once Morg was down Thanos could of finished him easily.

Yeah he could have finished a Morg that ODG just explained as not being anywhere near the top of his game. You guys are the reasons that people hate Thanos, you realize this right? I used to love the character before I heard all of the misconceptions, lies, and general misrepresentation of the character.

Nihilist
Yeah he could have finished a Morg that ODG just explained as not being anywhere near the top of his game. And like i said Thanos wasnt fighting like anything he can or even like the lvl he showed in Imperative. laughing out loud f*uck off you stupid idiot, its not like youre not like it with the Hulk eh with misconceptions,lies and misrepresentation of the character...hell i even called you out over a battlezone over it so give that bullshit son.

If you dont like it dont post then moan about it when you do exactly the same.

Stoic
And like i said Thanos wasnt fighting like anything he can or even like the lvl he showed in Imperative. laughing out loud f*uck off you stupid idiot, its not like youre not like it with the Hulk eh with misconceptions,lies and misrepresentation of the character...hell i even called you out over a battlezone over it so give that bullshit son.

If you dont like it dont post then moan about it when you do exactly the same.

There you go again with the blue lol face, and the idiotic responses, and the insults because of your inability to carry on as a mature individual. No one is saying that Thanos would lose to Morg at his best, but Thanos isn't going to walk in slap him with his hardest slap and put him down. Thanos on panel has never proved that he could absolutely stomp a character at Morgs best which is the topic of the OP. Battlezone? Didn't Enzeru whoop your ass, and the agreement was for the loser to hit the bricks? What are you still doing here? I guess you can add dishonorable to your list of character flaws as well huh?

Nihilist
There you go again with the blue lol face, and the idiotic responses, and the insults because of your inability to carry on as a mature individual. No one is saying that Thanos would lose to Morg at his best, but Thanos isn't going to walk in slap him with his hardest slap and put him down. Thanos on panel has never proved that he could absolutely stomp a character at Morgs best which is the topic of the OP. Battlezone?See this is what i mean about you, you piss and moan all the time when you do exactly the same then come up with "you think your tuff" bullshit and you stopped the debate with the carp about "everybody hates Thanos because of his fan boys" Even trying to be smart youre still wrong laughing out loud i offered him a batllezone which he refused once i said about loser leaves and judges decide the result so there can be no lieing or dodging, so all in all he showed he was a full of shit hypercrite coward like yourself son.

Galan007
Sand must be really irritating when it enters teh vagina, no? ermm

Nihilist
Sand must be really irritating when it enters teh vagina, no? ermm Being a cheerleader must be satisifying,no?

Galan007
^ Your wit astounds. clapclap

Nihilist
^ Your wit astounds. clapclap And yours is something to shout about eh.

Galan007
^ Yes. It is. thumb up

carver9
Thanos wins after a long fight.

Stoic
See this is what i mean about you, you piss and moan all the time when you do exactly the same then come up with "you think your tuff" bullshit and you stopped the debate with the carp about "everybody hates Thanos because of his fan boys" Even trying to be smart youre still wrong laughing out loud i offered him a batllezone which he refused once i said about loser leaves and judges decide the result so there can be no lieing or dodging, so all in all he showed he was a full of shit hypercrite coward like yourself son.

Do you know what the word coward means? It would somehow mean that I was somewhat fearful of you, which I am not. How you have not been banned for flaming yet is beyond me. I do not have the time in my life to hunt down scans, and have an eternal debate over fictional characters that could be written one way today and another way tomorrow. I come here to enjoy discussing and reading about other poster beliefs on who would beat who. That's it. Why would I ever be fearful of someone that calls others idiot and yet has flaws of their own?

Before this goes any further because it doesn't have anything to do with the OP. Thanos vs Morg outside of a comic would have to work for it. Morg is much faster than he is, and if the setting allowed it, he could and would destroy the very planet beneath Thanos' feet, and hold a decisive field advantage.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How on earth is there a field advantage when thanos can teleport and levitate under his own power?

janus77
why couldn't Thanos teleport out of the Cancerverse?
I seem to recall him yelling and crying and bitching about being screwed over by Death (yet again), because she dumped him in there...

Nihilist
Do you know what the word coward means? It would somehow mean that I was somewhat fearful of you, which I am not. How you have not been banned for flaming yet is beyond me. I do not have the time in my life to hunt down scans, and have an eternal debate over fictional characters that could be written one way today and another way tomorrow. I come here to enjoy discussing and reading about how another posters beliefs on who would beat who. That's it. Why would I ever be fearful of someone that calls others idiot and ywt has flaws of their own?Another excuse, what a suprise.

Morg isnt much faster than Thanos in combat, thats another lie.

And what good does destroying the planet when Thanos has shown he can move around space by levitating.

Stoic
How on earth is there a field advantage when thanos can teleport and levitate under his own power?

If Thanos teleported away from the general area to get to safety he would bfr himself and lose. His ability to levitate at walking or running speeds would and are considerably slower than someone that is capable of FTL travel speed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by janus77
why couldn't Thanos teleport out of the Cancerverse?
I seem to recall him yelling and crying and bitching about being screwed over by Death (yet again), because she dumped him in there...

are you now claiming Thanos can't teleport under his own power and hasn't done so in his past?

Stoic
Another excuse, what a suprise.

Morg isnt much faster than Thanos in combat, thats another lie.

And what good does destroying the planet when Thanos has shown he can move around space by levitating.

How fast has Thanos ever been seen to move while teleporting? Also don't kid yourself, no one is afraid of you. Don't push me, because I will embarrass you.

Nihilist
How fast has Thanos ever been seen to move while teleporting?He teleports in a instant, and he has dealt with ftl flight speed several times Here you go again running your big mouth, fact is ive never said shit about "ill embarrass you/ own you" as you have several times now...so seeing as you keep banging on about it, put up or stu for once.

Stoic
How fast has Thanos been seen to move while levitating?

Sr J-Bieb
Thanos puts up a shield and blasts the shit out of Morg. Simple.

Or he just overpowers him. Thanos has had what, 2 actual powerups since then, and 1 maybe power up?
Morg certainly wasn't above Thanos in his WOL stage.

Stoic
What were these 2 or maybe 3 power ups?

Did any of these power ups grant him the ability to fly?

I think that Thanos wins this as well, but he's not going to beat Morg at his best by walking in and slapping him out for the win. if Morg destroyed the world that Thanos stood on they would be in space, and Morg would have a decisive field advantage. Thanos can levitate, but has he ever shown the ability to levitate at FTL traveling speed? There's more to this than Thanos blasts the crap out of him, and definitely places him in a force bubble if Morg isn't just standing there like a statue. Power Sets would lead most to believe that Morg would actually be getting in more hits because of his cosmic enhanced speed.

Sr J-Bieb
What were these 2 or maybe 3 power ups?

Did any of these power ups grant him the ability to fly?

I think that Thanos wins this as well, but he's not going to beat Morg at his best by walking in and slapping him out for the win. if Morg destroyed the world that Thanos stood on they would be in space, and Morg would have a decisive field advantage. Thanos can levitate, but has he ever shown the ability to levitate at FTL traveling speed? There's more to this than Thanos blasts the crap out of him, and definitely places him in a force bubble if Morg isn't just standing there like a statue. Power Sets would lead most to believe that Morg would actually be getting in more hits because of his cosmic enhanced speed. After he got rid of the HOTU he granted himself life assuring wishes. Lady Death upgraded him in his latest appearance.
And he may have used the bauble on himself that he used against Tyrant.

*insert scan where Death and Thanos travel to the Cosmic Cube at lightspeed*

Why would Morg destroy the planet? Even if, Thanos grabs a rock and puts a shield up while he well, I'm left to believe Thanos is only good at staring at people on this forum sometimes... so, Thanos grabs a rock and stares at the Morg who never offensively utilized his speed. Like he did to the much faster Fallen One.

Truth is, all Thanos needs to do is stand there anyway and throw blasts at him. What's Morg going to do? Not try to brawl with him? Ha.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
After he got rid of the HOTU he granted himself life assuring wishes. Lady Death upgraded him in his latest appearance.
And he may have used the bauble on himself that he used against Tyrant.

*insert scan where Death and Thanos travel to the Cosmic Cube at lightspeed*

Why would Morg destroy the planet? Even if, Thanos grabs a rock and puts a shield up while he well, I'm left to believe Thanos is only good at staring at people on this forum sometimes... so, Thanos grabs a rock and stares at the Morg who never offensively utilized his speed. Like he did to the much faster Fallen One.

Truth is, all Thanos needs to do is stand there anyway and throw blasts at him. What's Morg going to do? Not try to brawl with him? Ha.

Brawling with Thanos would be in character, as would destroying a planet that Thanos stood on because of his knowledge that he would have air superiority. It's not a question of Thanos giving him the stare-down it's a question of Thanos having the power to utterly stomp someone of this power level. Morg as shown at his most powerful was above any high Herald.

This life affirming power up was it ever seen on panel to have done anything to change Thanos? Was it ever mentioned on panel? Death can travel beyond the speed of light, but can Thanos levitate or has he ever been seen on panel to levitate at FTL speeds alone? The Fallen one fought Thanos like a dumb brick, he flew in and didn't use much versatility whatsoever. Morg was also likely more powerful than the Fallen One, when he was at his most powerful.

The Orb's use is speculation, and really holds no weight because it wasn't mentioned. What is your argument, that Thanos would defeat Morg at his most powerful without taking any heat in the bargain? I think as I said time and again that Thanos would win this. I just don't believe that he does it by way of one shotting, mauling, or generally sitting on his duff, waving his finger, and making Morg fall down like a pewter statue.

quanchi112
1. Morg was not among the ones counted as being less than Thanos.So you don't think he meant the collective opposition ? I mean Surfer has proven to be superior to Morg with the pc on his own so it isn't close just like on panel.
And with the wol he was damaged by Nova. Not too impressed this is Thanos here.
Yes, Morg won in their first encounter Surfer won in their second. Morg's dead while the Surfer isn't. Surfer is a better user of the pc Morg is just a brute. Surfer is better than Morg whereas Thanos is mountains above them both.
Mar-vell manhandled them both. Nova couldn't do a thing with his power and the Surfer was shown to be an afterthought as well. Strange has lost to Doom henchmen Mar-vell hasn't. Mar-vell was shown at a very high level while you just make a horrible comparison due to a lack of a point.
Thanos treated him like he was nothing. A mere obstacle that had to be dealt with. He didn't put much energy and still easily dealt with the mad dog. Thanos took on Tyrant by himself. There is no comparison these are fleas to Thanos.
Yes, but Morg never fought the group with the Surfer the second time around. Morg was manhandling top tiers that isn't that impressive. Thanos defeated the power gem Thor on his own and his feats shit all over Morg's. Nova injured the girly man.
Yes, he does lose I am glad you acknowledge it but it's a stomp. They aren't close. Thanos has tanked blasts far more powerful than Morg's best attacks. Odin, Tyrant, Maker. Sorry. Thanos stomps.

zopzop
@Stoic

The thing about Morg is, he was all over the place power wise. First showing, he was more or less a high herald equal to the Siver Sufer (if not a little more powerful).

Then he gets the WoL power up and he's beyond most high heralds and takes out a team of herald level beings (low/mid/high heralds).

Then he dies, is resurrected and loses the WoL powerup and only has the PC that Galactus gives him. Now he has problems fighting Terrax!

Morg w/WoL would give Thanos some headaches but would ultimately lose in the end. I see him (Morg) fighting like he always has, in melee range and punching and blasting away. That's suicide vs Thanos.

Stoic
Yes, he does lose I am glad you acknowledge it but it's a stomp. They aren't close. Thanos has tanked blasts far more powerful than Morg's best attacks. Odin, Tyrant, Maker. Sorry. Thanos stomps.

According to you Thanos stomps Galactus, and Odin so taking your word on any subject pertaining to Thanos as far as I'm concerned isn't really taken with any more than a grain of salt.

The guys that you know Thanos could not beat, you never reply to, and the ones that you think he could, there is nothing that they could do, because as we know Thanos has never been taken off his feet, or felt pain right? It's funny how he scrambled to pick up Terrax's axe though. I wonder what would have happened if he stood there and took the hit? I know that the Juggernaut could have likely took the hit, but Thanos would have been a little worse for wear.

quanchi112
According to you Thanos stomps Galactus, and Odin so taking your word on any subject pertaining to Thanos as far as I'm concerned isn't really taken with any more than a grain of salt.

The guys that you know Thanos could not beat, you never reply to, and the ones that you think he could, there is nothing that they could do, because as we know Thanos has never been taken off his feet, or felt pain right? It's funny how he scrambled to pick up Terrax's axe though. I wonder what would have happened if he stood there and took the hit? I know that the Juggernaut could have likely took the hit, but Thanos would have been a little worse for wear. I never argued Thanos beats Galactus prior to Thanos Imperative. I don't just make things up I go by what the comics give me. You admitted you want Thanos to lose so you're upset over him. I get it.

You're taking this too personally Thanos stomps here. I don't care about how fixated you are with my responses let's just keep it about this thread.

Sr J-Bieb
Brawling with Thanos would be in character, as would destroying a planet that Thanos stood on because of his knowledge that he would have air superiority. It's not a question of Thanos giving him the stare-down it's a question of Thanos having the power to utterly stomp someone of this power level. Morg as shown at his most powerful was above any high Herald.

This life affirming power up was it ever seen on panel to have done anything to change Thanos? Was it ever mentioned on panel? Death can travel beyond the speed of light, but can Thanos levitate or has he ever been seen on panel to levitate at FTL speeds alone? The Fallen one fought Thanos like a dumb brick, he flew in and didn't use much versatility whatsoever. Morg was also likely more powerful than the Fallen One, when he was at his most powerful.

The Orb's use is speculation, and really holds no weight because it wasn't mentioned. What is your argument, that Thanos would defeat Morg at his most powerful without taking any heat in the bargain? I think as I said time and again that Thanos would win this. I just don't believe that he does it by way of one shotting, mauling, or generally sitting on his duff, waving his finger, and making Morg fall down like a pewter statue. How does that mean it's in character? Morg doesn't go around destroying planets just because he can fly around.

What, besides power him up? Sure, he leveled Galactus in the same arc, and beat the Jesus out of Maker later. Maybe that was normal Thanos, but it wouldn't be hard to see it as a power up.
Thanos flew there. Death was beside him.
Fallen One fought Thanos like a speedster... which he was, and that's what he was doing everytime we saw him. If someone fighting like a speedster who's way faster than Morg doesn't overwhelm him, then Morg's non existant offensive overwhelming speed isn't going to do too much.

The Orb's use is speculation. That's why I said a maybe power up. Because Thanos took it back to his lab to do what I assume ended with him putting his penis in it.

My argument is that Thanos wins. Your argument is "I hate Thanos and I show it in every thread I talk about him in, but I'll say he wins, while trying to downplay him at the same time"
Is all

Stoic
I never argued Thanos beats Galactus prior to Thanos Imperative. I don't just make things up I go by what the comics give me. You admitted you want Thanos to lose so you're upset over him. I get it.

You're taking this too personally Thanos stomps here. I don't care about how fixated you are with my responses let's just keep it about this thread.

Don't let your over inflated ego get the better of your senses. You aren't the center of your own universe, even though you may think that you are, but rest assured you have no effect on my life.

Thanos of TI wouldn't beat Galactus either. You don't take what was given by the book, you stretch it and thus become a liar in doing so, as you are likely the only person who believes this bull.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

The Orb's use is speculation. That's why I said a maybe power up. Because Thanos took it back to his lab to do what I assume ended with him putting his penis in it.

OMG laughing

Has someone hacked Sr J-Bieb's account?

quanchi112
Don't let your over inflated ego get the better of your senses. You aren't the center of your own universe, even though you may think that you are, but rest assured you have no effect on my life.

Thanos of TI wouldn't beat Galactus either. You don't take what was given by the book, you stretch it and thus become a liar in doing so, as you are likely the only person who believes this bull. i wish I didn't but you going off topic kinda sealed the deal for me.

Thanos is immune to death. Galactus uses vast energy to hurt Thanos. What other conclusion can you come to ?

Don Corleone
Originally posted by ozz81
Thanos at his best/peak no I.G vs a full powered Morg that drank from the rivers plus power cosmic powers etc at his peak.. who takes this and why?

Thanos at his best.

DTM
Im a fan of both Thanos and Morg (and most Cosmic characters), and personally Id say this would be a Very Close match (to me, anyone who thinks one stomps the other is seriously misguided). Ill go Thanos in the end, maybe 6 / 10, due to him being the more cunning and intelligent, and being more used to his powers than Morg (who didnt have the WoL boost for that long)

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
Im a fan of both Thanos and Morg (and most Cosmic characters), and personally Id say this would be a Very Close match (to me, anyone who thinks one stomps the other is seriously misguided). Ill go Thanos in the end, maybe 6 / 10, due to him being the more cunning and intelligent, and being more used to his powers than Morg (who didnt have the WoL boost for that long) Thanos is on a much higher level and is far smarter along with superior showings. it's a stomp.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.