Cross Genre Match: Mega Man X vs...Extremis Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
X gets all equipment, power ups etc.....tony gets his extremis gear

fight in abandoned metropolis........

who wins?

MF DELPH
Assuming Tony can't hack X, X.

srankmissingnin
Iron Man via a massively overwhelming speed, strength and fire power discrepancy?

Stoic
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Iron Man via a massively overwhelming speed, strength and fire power discrepancy?

Agreed.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Assuming Tony can't hack X, X.

How?

CosmicComet

Those advantages don't exist.

X given all his equipment, is so much hax. He stops time and shoots a black hole at Tony.

srankmissingnin
I've played the games, and all those advantages do exist.

The Dark Hold doesn't even stop time for any of the weak ass bosses X fights, why am I supposed to believe that it would work on Iron Man? Not that it matters, he gets blitz one shotted with a single repulsor blast before he can even thing about doing anything.

That aside Iron Man could just sit down and tank everything X throws at him.

Parmaniac
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/X%27s_weaponry

Just in case people are unfamiliar with X Weapons

All powers are listed from Mega Man X1-8 charged and uncharged.

CosmicComet
I've played the games, and all those advantages do exist.

The Dark Hold doesn't even stop time for any of the weak ass bosses X fights, why am I supposed to believe that it would work on Iron Man? Not that it matters, he gets blitz one shotted with a single repulsor blast before he can even thing about doing anything.

That aside Iron Man could just sit down and tank everything X throws at him.

That's not how it works. It doesn't work on most of the bosses because they have an immunity to the power. It's a feat for them, (just like telepathic resistance would be for a character that demonstrates it.) Does Iron Man have a showing that demonstrates he could resist a time stop effect like Dark Hold? If not, you can't assume its not going to work.

And, why is exactly is Iron Man going to blitz him? He couldn't blitz Thor could he? He can fly lightspeed+ outside the atmosphere, but inside it he's supersonic. Nothing X's processing speed can't handle. Even the less advanced Megaman has reacted to super sonic opponents.

He's not tanking Megaman at fullpower. Nor is X going down from one repulsor blast. Not when a peer like Zero has walked away from Ground Zero of nuclear warheads. He once absorbed a planet destroying blast as well iirc.

Parmaniac
Does the Mega Man episode where Mega Man X comes from the future count too?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by CosmicComet
That's not how it works. It doesn't work on most of the bosses because they have an immunity to the power. It's a feat for them, (just like telepathic resistance would be for a character that demonstrates it.) Does Iron Man have a showing that demonstrates he could resist a time stop effect like Dark Hold? If not, you can't assume its not going to work.

And, why is exactly is Iron Man going to blitz him? He couldn't blitz Thor could he? He can fly lightspeed+ outside the atmosphere, but inside it he's supersonic. Nothing X's processing speed can't handle. Even the less advanced Megaman has reacted to super sonic opponents.

He's not tanking Megaman at fullpower. Nor is X going down from one repulsor blast. Not when a peer like Zero has walked away from Ground Zero of nuclear warheads. He once absorbed a planet destroying blast as well iirc.

Elektra can mind control dozens of Hand Ninjas at a time and put them under her thrall... can she do the same to Batman? Doubtful, certainly not in a forum fight. Mega Man's time stop power works on fodder, that's it, it will have no effect on Iron Man just like it has no effect on any of his villains. That is how it works. Iron Man isn't fodder.

Thor would blitz X too... just about every comic character imaginable would. I controlled X, his reaction time is the same as mine, and unlike a character like Dante he doesn't have cut scenes of awesome speed to overrule that fact. Iron Man blitzes X with effortless ease. I controlled X to avoid "supersonic" in equal parts by learning each bosses attack order, and them not being remotely supersonic in speed. cool

It's been a long time since I played a Mega Man X game but when did Zero tank a nuke, and when did Mega Man X absorb a "planet destroying blast"? Sounds like hyperbole too me considering some of the stuff that has damaged them. Nothing Mega Man X has in his arsenal would even scuff Iron Man's armor.

Iron Man would solo X, Zero, Sigma and every villain form every Mega Man X game almost effortlessly.

Sin I AM
Elektra can mind control dozens of Hand Ninjas at a time and put them under her thrall... can she do the same to Batman? Doubtful, certainly not in a forum fight. Mega Man's time stop power works on fodder, that's it, it will have no effect on Iron Man just like it has no effect on any of his villains. That is how it works. Iron Man isn't fodder.

Thor would blitz X too... just about every comic character imaginable would. I controlled X, his reaction time is the same as mine, and unlike a character like Dante he doesn't have cut scenes of awesome speed to overrule that fact. Iron Man blitzes X with effortless ease. I controlled X to avoid "supersonic" in equal parts by learning each bosses attack order, and them not being remotely supersonic in speed. cool

It's been a long time since I played a Mega Man X game but when did Zero tank a nuke, and when did Mega Man X absorb a "planet destroying blast"? Sounds like hyperbole too me considering some of the stuff that has damaged them. Nothing Mega Man X has in his arsenal would even scuff Iron Man's armor.

Iron Man would solo X, Zero, Sigma and every villain form every Mega Man X game almost effortlessly.

Mega Man X can; manipulate time and gravity; summon lightning and tornadoes; create black holes, effective shields and dupes; turn invisible/intangible, and his plasma energy is as effective as IMs unibeam. He can project extreme heat, cold, and lightning. and his ballistics have heat seeking ability good enough to strike speedsters and teleporters.

he is more than capable to give tony a run for his money

Starscream M
i think X has more firepower, but tony's more durable. x is more skilled though, so x prob wins.

RE: Blaxican
Srank trying to use dem gaming mechanics.

smh.

guy222
m m x

hey sin

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Srank trying to use dem gaming mechanics.

smh.

All the powers being cited are game play powers, none of them show up in any of the anime or cgi cut-scenes. I'm just acknowledging what Mega Man X actually did with those powers... instead of reading the name and saying "Wow that sounds powerful! Look out Iron Man!"

X is no match for Iron Man.

Starscream M
All the powers being cited are game play powers, none of them show up in any of the anime or cgi cut-scenes. I'm just acknowledging what Mega Man X actually did with those powers... instead of reading the name and saying "Wow that sounds powerful! Look out Iron Man!"

X is no match for Iron Man. Mega Man X's weapons are more powerful than Tonys

kotaku

Iron Man would solo X, Zero, Sigma and every villain form every Mega Man X game almost effortlessly. while i agree that iron man could beat x you really know nothing about the mega man series if you believe this nonsense. sirius is a planet buster.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Blair Wind
How?

Given stips X has more firepower.

Raptor22
While I'm not aware of them appearing in any comic together, they have squared off from time to time in the marvel vs capcom series. In them iron man has a higher damage output and better defensive stats and is overall the superior character. Also iron man's proton cannon ultra inflicts far more hit points than Mega man's super cannon ultra. Iron man should win this.

abhilegend
Why is this thread pinned?

StyleTime
In times past, we had weekly cross-genre matches with a voting system. The match would get stickied for a week of discussion, but it died down. A new match appears every so often, but I'm unsure if the same rules apply; it may be a pm thing now. Alternatively, it could be a "treat" from the mods as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Raptor22
While I'm not aware of them appearing in any comic together, they have squared off from time to time in the marvel vs capcom series. In them iron man has a higher damage output and better defensive stats and is overall the superior character. Also iron man's proton cannon ultra inflicts far more hit points than Mega man's super cannon ultra. Iron man should win this. Good observation, but that's Mega Man. Not Mega Man X.

Raptor22
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Good observation, but that's Mega Man. Not Mega Man X. thanks. u r right. But when he does his ultra I'm pretty sure he transforms into x before he blasts and it's still weak. They have x in MvC3, but that game sucks so I didn't count it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.