Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
Since Sakurai confirmed that he will be making this game after he's done with Kid Icarus: Uprising, guess we might as well make a topic about it to discuss it.

Here's Sakurai's interview on IGN about the possibility of adding a Capcom character:

http://m.ign.com/articles/1174797

And here's another interview (but it's more about the 3DS version):

http://ds.ign.com/articles/117/1174428p1.html

Of course, the most exciting thing fans would want to talk about is which of their favorite characters are gonna make it in. I hope for Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown, and Simon Belmont.

And does anybody got a feeling that a Koei Tecmo character might make it in too?

MadMel
Funny, I seem to remember Brawl being 'the last game in the series'. stick out tongue
Not that I'm complaining. I liked Brawl, despite all the complaints about it, so I'll definitely be looking forward to this one.
I'd say Megaman and Zero for Capcom cameos. =D

RE: Blaxican
Could care less about the characters, tbh. All I want is for the game to be faster paced and for the online to not be a laggy piece of shit, like it was in Brawl.

BloodRain
So the speed it was in melee? Think I only managed to have around six online matches before the lag got tiresome.

Im guessing that no one from the Capcom vs games will be in this one.

Yeah, melee speed.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by BloodRain
So the speed it was in melee? Think I only managed to have around six online matches before the lag got tiresome.

Im guessing that no one from the Capcom vs games will be in this one.

What makes you say that?

BloodRain
Feels unlikely that theyll re-use a popular Capcom character that have already been in several fighting games for SSB.

Like using Ryu, beside extra movement it will play out like he is in SF or MvC.

Bro SMASH
Smash Bros. is much different from Capcom fighting games, so they would still have to play in Smash Bros. style. It doesn't matter what fighting games they were previously in.

Kosmic King
I'd say it needs Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (screw Square Enix). Hopefully more Fire Emblem and Earthbound.

MadMel
I never had a problem with online play. Must be cuz I'm in Australia. erm
The main fix I want is the coop adventure issues, like the camera and bias towards player 1.

Originally posted by MadMel
Indeed. In fact, you're the one who's screwing it up for everyone else. lol

Darth Jello
I'd like to see Mike Jones as a playable character and yes, he'd be different from Ness.

BloodRain
Something with Giygas or Mewtwo, either as decent playable characters or bosses.

What were the other issues brought up in Brawls release?

Blair Wind
Mega Man - while cool - would probably play a lot like a Samus meets Kirby combo. Even though I like him best out of the Capcom characters (along with Street Fighter characters), I wouldn't want to repeat gameplay. If they can make his style completely different from Samus, then I'd probably be all for him.

I think Viewtiful Joe would fit in well in the game.

Bro SMASH
The main fix I want is the coop adventure issues, like the camera and bias towards player 1.

Yeah, I really hate when the AI is always ganging up on me.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Mega Man - while cool - would probably play a lot like a Samus meets Kirby combo. Even though I like him best out of the Capcom characters (along with Street Fighter characters), I wouldn't want to repeat gameplay. If they can make his style completely different from Samus, then I'd probably be all for him.

I think Viewtiful Joe would fit in well in the game.

Mega Man definitely wouldn't play like Samus or Kirby. The only thing he has in common with Samus is his chargeable arm-cannon (which can be pulled off differently) while with Kirby, it's just his copy abilities (which is also very different). Mega Man will no doubt be a unique character with his own kind of fighting style.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Indeed. In fact, you're the one who's screwing it up for everyone else. lol

You jest...but it's probably true. no expression

Kosmic King
Originally posted by BloodRain
Something with Giygas or Mewtwo, either as decent playable characters or bosses.

What were the other issues brought up in Brawls release?

I'd like to see Giygas/the Devil machine as a stage where if you loose, you get eaten by Giygas.

MadMel
I doubt that Australia is messing up everyone's wii net play. However, it would be nice if the whole thing worked worldwide, rather than in just a few areas. erm

dadudemon
"Wii U"

Sounds like what your mom or girlfriend says when you fert.

I hope they change the label.

I doubt that Australia is messing up everyone's wii net play. However, it would be nice if the whole thing worked worldwide, rather than in just a few areas. erm

It pretty much is.

Mark my words...any game that has an Aussie with a bunch of western players will experience more lag than if the Aussie was not playing. There's no way around that.

Lots of online games (that are played by a large amount of people) allow for regional "servers" to prevent this lag time B.S. If you lose just .05 seconds of lag time in a game, that could be the difference between winning or losing.

MadMel
Mario Kart wii had no lag as far as I'm aware. And I was playing against people from everywhere - Every continent but Antarctica stick out tongue
Maybe they felt it but I didn't. That would explain why I was playing so well. XD
Regional servers would be a godsend. Imagine how much easier it would be to establish tourneys and stuff. big grin

dadudemon
Mario Kart wii had no lag as far as I'm aware. And I was playing against people from everywhere - Every continent but Antarctica stick out tongue
Maybe they felt it but I didn't. That would explain why I was playing so well. XD

That's how some programmers/hosters design their games. The "farthest" from the host server gets primary input and all the others have to wait for that input (this is a gross exaggeration of what actually happens). That works for game that are not ...well...reaction based. Puzzle games work quite well like that. Not racing or FPS games.

Regional servers would be a godsend. Imagine how much easier it would be to establish tourneys and stuff. big grin

I wish...so bad...that everyone would do that.

That's how WoW and Starcraft2 are run. Hooray for Blizzard.

Bro SMASH
Anybody think Banjo got a chance to appear in the 3DS version?

Even though Rare is owned by Microsoft, they still made two Banjo & Kazooie games on the handheld. I sure wouldn't mind it, he would fit perfectly and I was a bit surprised that he wasn't in the first and second games. I hope Rare wouldn't mind it.

astarisborn94
Smash 4 is really the only game I anticipate at the moment. After this one, I'm probably going to either quit gaming or go retro, since I find movies more interesting nowadays. I'm not really going to be active in Smash 4 discussion for awhile since I feel absolutely burnt out.Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Anybody think Banjo got a chance to appear in the 3DS version?

Even though Rare is owned by Microsoft, they still made two Banjo & Kazooie games on the handheld. I sure wouldn't mind it, he would fit perfectly and I was a bit surprised that he wasn't in the first and second games. I hope Rare wouldn't mind it. I did hear that Rare was interested in developing for the 3DS version. So perhaps so, although it is a slim shot.

I do have a roster which I think would be good for Smash 4 that I want to share (not intended as a prediction):

Everyone from Brawl plus these:

+ Toad
+ King K. Rool
+ Dixie Kong
+ Ridley
+ Krystal
+ Mewtwo
+ Samurai Goroh
+ Roy
+ Takamaru
+ Palutena
+ Medusa
+ Little Mac
+ Isaac
+ Mega Man

49 slots, 53 including transformation. There are other characters I would like to see in this game, but these are IMO, the best choices for Smash 4.

Cyner
If smash 4 is just like brawl i'm gonna flip a table in rage. In fact i'm mad right now just thinking about it.

Not being able to use my GC controller for smash? More rage... They better re release the GC controller without the rumble and call it the "Smash" controller or some shit.

I'll probably have to... Go back to melee! Again.

Characters I want

Ridley
Megaman X
Link - but without being garbage tier, terrible character status.

I demand commander shepard as a character.

No, I don't give a shit about him not being a nintendo character.

ares834
lol.

Although I must admit it would be cool...

On a different note, Ridley was a glaring admission in Brawl. I hope he will be in this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ares834
lol.

On a different note, Ridley was a glaring admission in Brawl. I hope he will be in this.

I think you meant "omission" but I can't be sure.

ares834
Yeah... Probably had the word addition floating around in my head when I typed that up.

JayDaDon
I just want it to play like melee. For the love of god, let it play like melee.

Kosmic King
Originally posted by astarisborn94
Smash 4 is really the only game I anticipate at the moment. After this one, I'm probably going to either quit gaming or go retro, since I find movies more interesting nowadays. I'm not really going to be active in Smash 4 discussion for awhile since I feel absolutely burnt out. I did hear that Rare was interested in developing for the 3DS version. So perhaps so, although it is a slim shot.

I do have a roster which I think would be good for Smash 4 that I want to share (not intended as a prediction):

Everyone from Brawl plus these:

+ Toad
+ King K. Rool
+ Dixie Kong
+ Ridley
+ Krystal
+ Mewtwo
+ Samurai Goroh
+ Roy
+ Takamaru
+ Palutena
+ Medusa
+ Little Mac
+ Isaac
+ Mega Man

49 slots, 53 including transformation. There are other characters I would like to see in this game, but these are IMO, the best choices for Smash 4.

Always King K. Rool. Come on, Kaptin K. Rool is way cooler.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Cyner
If smash 4 is just like brawl i'm gonna flip a table in rage. In fact i'm mad right now just thinking about it.

Not being able to use my GC controller for smash? More rage... They better re release the GC controller without the rumble and call it the "Smash" controller or some shit.

I'll probably have to... Go back to melee! Again.

Characters I want

Ridley
Megaman X
Link - but without being garbage tier, terrible character status.
Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game right there, though I'd also want Mewtwo to come back with a mostly new & improved moveset/stats, and for the same to happen to Ganondorf as what you said for Link, but it's probably unlikely at this point that they'll ever make him feel completely unlike a slower Captain Falcon (and you criticized Soul Calibur for having clones, Bro SMASH? ermm).

And so it begins...

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/masahiro-sakurai-begins-work-on-smash-bros

"Sakurai tweeted recently that he has been looking through the official website for Smash Bros. Brawl as part of his research for the new game."

^ Not sure that's a good sign. You'd think he'd have a more complete source of information. Just hope he skips over the tripping portion of his site. If it's too much like Brawl in gameplay and whatnot, then this will be a difficult sell for me. Guess it then comes down to whether or not the online is actually good this time around...

In the meantime, I personally don't want something like another Dojo that spoils or hypes too much about the game before release, and instead for the game to be released with minimal information, compared to what Brawl got. I want to be more surprised about the game when actually playing it, ya know? Though another roster leak or some crap will prolly happen again anyway at some point... Meh.

We shall see if history repeats itself, whether it comes to the massive spoilers, or IMO, the game not being as good as Melee, resulting in people like you and me going back to it again.

lol.

Only if they were to make him play similar to the way he fought in Other M in terms of speed and attacks, but I guess anything's better than the treatment he got in Brawl's SSE.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game right there, though I'd also want Mewtwo to come back with a mostly new & improved moveset/stats, and for the same to happen to Ganondorf as what you said for Link, but it's probably unlikely at this point that they'll ever make him feel completely unlike a slower Captain Falcon (and you criticized Soul Calibur for having clones, Bro SMASH? ermm).

Who said I was okay with Gannondorf being a Captain Falcon clone? It was never something I was okay with since Ganondorf already had his own abilities from the Zelda games.

You for some reason seem bothered by having clones in this game, even though it looked like you were okay with them in SC. huh

In the meantime, I personally don't want something like another Dojo that spoils or hypes too much about the game before release, and instead for the game to be released with minimal information, compared to what Brawl got. I want to be more surprised about the game when actually playing it, ya know? Though another roster leak or some crap will prolly happen again anyway at some point... Meh.

Or you could just not go to the website.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Who said I was okay with Gannondorf being a Captain Falcon clone? It was never something I was okay with since Ganondorf already had his own abilities from the Zelda games.

You for some reason seem bothered by having clones in this game, even though it looked like you were okay with them in SC. huh
I was only okay with clones being present with created customized characters in SC, because it made sense for balancing reasons, but I was not okay with the daughters or whatever that were just clones of characters from previous games. No siree. It's all forgivable though compared to ****ing Ganondorf of all characters still being a clone.

There was sheer laziness and/or time constraints when it came to characters like Toon Link, Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, and Lucas in the last game. Especially when they could give a character like Capt Falcon, who was never outside of his racer an entire unique moveset, and a move that's so damn famous it became a meme. Ganon should've been even easier to make an original moveset for, with that said.

Or you could just not go to the website.
Doesn't stop me from knowing about the site updates because of people talking about them all over the internet.

Not having another site like the Smash Dojo would make the speculators not end up as disappointed as they were with Brawl in the end, too. The biggest problem with the Brawl Dojo was it left most people thinking there was going to be a whole lot of substance where there was basically none (Subspace Emissary). I'd like for most of the characters to be a surprise for me this time when I play the game (like with Melee), but know that's not going to happen sadly. Internet leaks/spoils everything nowadays.

Existere
...except that Smash Dojo helped sell games, which is what they want. They're not going to avoid advertising that makes their game look better than it actually is.

Anyways, I liked the Smash Dojo, and, for all the complaining, Brawl is my favorite installment in the series. I'm not a big online gamer though, and Brawl offered a wider experience for me and my friends to play (whether competitively or for shiggles). Hearing that a new game is announced sounds awesome to my ears, and speculating about the upcoming roster is one of the best parts.

Just my opinion though.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Existere
...except that Smash Dojo helped sell games, which is what they want. They're not going to avoid advertising that makes their game look better than it actually is.
Shameless old way of getting something to sell far more than it really deserves to erm, but yeah. I know they're most likely gonna have such a site again (or reuse the old one) because of that. Just not a fan of the kind of advertising practice that makes even mediocrity or something with minimal new content or effort put in sell very well. I'm sure plenty of those who loved Melee and its gameplay all around and were hyped all the way for Brawl (even after the leak) experienced one of the worst cases of buyer's remorse after getting it, with that said, especially the poor fools who got a Wii just to have the latest Smash at their disposal. Brawl's tripping, much slower pace of movement & jumping, etc. took a shit all over what most loved about Melee. That's something a sequel should never do, but I guess it was to be expected since Sakurai is against and rages over people playing his shit competitively or at tournaments.

Anyways, I liked the Smash Dojo, and, for all the complaining, Brawl is my favorite installment in the series. I'm not a big online gamer though, and Brawl offered a wider experience for me and my friends to play (whether competitively or for shiggles).
Since you're not much of an online gamer, how did Brawl offer a wider experience, let alone competitively? Aside from online, I found it to have hardly anything that could hold a candle to Melee, aside from maybe the more diverse soundtrack. The stage maker you couldn't even use online, things like the adventure mode and event matches were far less fun, memorable, and replayable than Melee's, etc.

Hearing that a new game is announced sounds awesome to my ears, and speculating about the upcoming roster is one of the best parts.

Just my opinion though.
I used to think that too about speculation, but if speculating the possibilities ends up being more fun than the final product itself is (as was the case for me with Brawl and such), then **** speculating. It just sets yourself up for disappointment more often than not.

Bro SMASH
Apparently, Namco will be developing this game:

http://kotaku.com/5920428/just-how-much-of-the-new-smash-bros-is-namco-a-lot-apparently

Cyner
Apparently, Namco will be developing this game:

http://kotaku.com/5920428/just-how-much-of-the-new-smash-bros-is-namco-a-lot-apparently

Those comments

people on kotaku really are the worst

Bro SMASH
Take a look at this:

http://kotaku.com/5920460/smash-bros-creator-wants-you-to-stop-mocking-namco

haermm

FinalAnswer

Phanteros
Dishonable display!!!!

Ridley_Prime
Take a look at this:

http://kotaku.com/5920460/smash-bros-creator-wants-you-to-stop-mocking-namco
Unfortunately, I think I might know the guy who did that. Then again, the Smash fanbase has too many trolls for me to recall.

Nemesis X
Namco?

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/biggunship/SC5.jpg

Well at least they'll do better with Smash Bros. hopefully

edit - This is not an attempt at trolling just so you know.

Ridley_Prime
I have wondered whether Namco will make Smash a bit more of a traditional fighter, but with Sakurai's known attitude toward people playing his shit competitively, probably not, though it's something to think about. Either way, I'm sure they'll at least make it more balanced than Brawl.

Oh, also, someone from Tekken, Soul Calibur, or the like (as a guest character) will be the next Sonic/Snake... Calling it.

Bro SMASH
Or better yet, Pac-Man. He makes the most sense for a Namco guest character.

JayDaDon
Actually I'd kill to get Gon from tekken 3 in it. I hope they make it more competitive like Melee and take out the damn tripping.

Bro SMASH
Gon is owned by a manga company.

JayDaDon
Didn't know that. In that case I'd love to see kazuya. The screw uppercut would be a badass final smash. Either that or he goes devil on everyone.

Bro SMASH
Teaser image:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/a-piece-of-whiteboard-art-for-smash-bros/

but of course, it features some obvious character choices.

Also, not sure if anybody else posted this yet but:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/39403/sakurai-wants-to-bring-old-characters-back-to-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=ONM-General-RSS

I really hope this means that Little Mac will be an actual playable character this time!

Ridley_Prime
I think it was posted before. That or I just remember seeing it from a different site, but meh @ the first link. Nothing unexpected.

Ridley_Prime
Not expecting this to hold much weight if any, but since I've seen it on a bunch of other places, figured why not have it posted here too. Vote for whoever, just for fun.

http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-quarterfinals/

Waluigi mainly has as much votes as he does because of 4chan, by the way.

Bro SMASH
So it seems that the game system is now complete:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/masahiro-sakurai-talks-super-smash-bros-4?

Darth Jello
Haven't seen updates for awhile. Namco huh? That could add Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Mappy to the roster. How cool would a Mappy arena be with the breaking trampolines?
I still hope that they do bring back some older characters like Mike Jones, Balloon Fighter, maybe even Stanley the Bugman? Waluigi could be interesting.

What would you guys think if they retooled Bowser and Mario? I think the FLUDD move is worthless and would love to see the spin jump return. As for Bowser, I think it would be awesome if his flame attack was replaced with a chargeable fireball and if he gained some kind of Hammer throw. Maybe his Final Smash could end with him turning into Dry Bowser and vice versa a la Samus?

Bro SMASH
Well, no doubt about it, we're definitely getting more info at this year's E3:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/24/sakurai-confirms-that-both-3ds-and-wii-u-versions-of-super-smash-bros-will-be-at-e3-2013/

Ridley_Prime
Mewtwo in the Genesect movie?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/57/CoroCoro_March_2013_p11.png

I'd say he's as good as confirmed now. Mewtwo died for Brawl's sins, and he'll be the second coming for Smash 4.

ScreamPaste
Mewtwo in the Genesect movie?

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/5/57/CoroCoro_March_2013_p11.png

I'd say he's as good as confirmed now. Mewtwo died for Brawl's sins, and he'll be the second coming for Smash 4. Colour me excited.

JayDaDon
Downloaded Project M for brawl. Makes the game 300X better smile

Cyner
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Downloaded Project M for brawl. Makes the game 300X better smile

A lot of people like it around here but i've barely played... too busy with other games. Also Melee still exists

JayDaDon
Dude I had melee but I don't anymore, It's not likely I'll find another copy, and I miss the hell out of it. Luckily as someone who has played the brakes off of melee I can say without a doubt, project M feels exactly like melee.

JayDaDon
It's pretty much Brawl with melee gameplay. Which right now is the best I can get. Someone was selling melee on amazon for something like $150 sad

Cyner
Originally posted by JayDaDon
It's pretty much Brawl with melee gameplay. Which right now is the best I can get. Someone was selling melee on amazon for something like $150 sad

lol i have three copies of melee and 3 gamecubes

Anyway, i've played it. and while it's much better than vBrawl, it still feels like a really awkward version of melee.

I suppose i'd have to play it more, but then i'd have to unlazy myself and download it.

JayDaDon
You got 3 copies? Why don't you ship one dis way? huhu but seriously the newest build of project M is great, but Melee is one of the many games I wish never slipped through my fingers, the other big one being Def jam fight for NY.

Bro SMASH
So...Banjo-Kazooie and James Bond were considered for the first Smash Bros. game? Interesting! I use to always wanted to see Banjo in a Smash Bros. game.

3ciImvi3KCk

QcPipl6RAfQ

Bro SMASH
I'm sure people expected this already but:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/ nintendo_confirms_smash_bros_3d_mario_and_mario_ka
rt_for_e3_nintendo_direct

Ridley_Prime
"Thank you Mario! But that page is in another castle!"

Damn you again Toad!

Bro SMASH
Okay, that's just...weird! It's not linking to the page for some reason.

It does exist, though.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/ nintendo_confirms_smash_bros_3d_mario_and_mario_ka
rt_for_e3_nintendo_direct

Bro SMASH
How would you guys feel if Bayonetta was in this game?

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/20/rumour-sources-claim-info-on-the-seganintendo-alliance/

Tzeentch._
sigh

why not.

Bro SMASH
Well, we're just a week away from the first official trailer.

It's tough being this patient!

BloodRain
Oh yeah, wonder whats going to be in it. SSBB showed 2 new stages, 5 new characters and a hint of the smash balls ability. Something tells me this time around they'll be wanting to attract a bigger audience, so more dazzle and character announcements.

Poor memory > being patient.

Bro SMASH
I still want to see Little Mac, Megaman, and Travis Touchdown.

Though I don't really have my hopes high for Travis, I definitely want to see Little Mac and Megaman.

BloodRain
They got two franchise leads in, Megaman is likely and could easily fit in. What did they say about the roster size and how many third party characters will be in it?

As long as Marth stays with Melee speed.. and that they remove/cripple G&W, Olimar, Falco and Metaknight.. I know guys that main them and dammit they're good >__>

Bro SMASH
Sakurai said that he's not gonna focus on making a huge roster. That's all he basically said.

Bro SMASH
It's just in two days now, people.

I'm gonna find me something really fun to do just so these days will be quicker.

I'll also just post this here:

http://e3.nintendo.com/

ares834
They better give Ganondorf a new move set...

And Ridley better be in this time.

Bro SMASH
YES!!!

Mega Man is finally appearing in a Super Smash Bros. game!!!

aX2KNyaoNV4&feature=player_embedded

I can finally rejoice!!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Oh and the new Smash Dojo is finally up.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Ridley_Prime
Happy for the Mega Man fans with what they've had to put up with for so long, but really, that's it? Would've expected some more newcomers too like Brawl's first trailer instead of focusing on just one.

ares834
They also announced an animal crossing character.

Ridley_Prime
Oh right, the villager. Ironic that it's not Tom Nook or one of them far as Animal Crossing goes.

Still, meh.

Cyner
Hype about mega man, it's gonna be criminal when this game sucks worse than brawl.

S_D_J
Mega Man!!!

still not buying a Wii2... yet

Bro SMASH
Wii-Fit Trainer:

lBoL1Ic9uWw&hd=1

Doesn't bother me.

And here's an interesting rumor you might want to check out:

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

Ridley_Prime
What... the ****.

Okay, any real/1st party newcomers I can take more seriously?

AuraAngel
Nintendo has a huge pool of characters and they went with the Wii-Fit lady.

Not sure if that's annoying or amusing.

Nemesis X
I find it amusing.

Ridley_Prime
It is amusing, but.. to show that before the number of 1st party characters I'm sure they'll be adding? As a random WTF character, that should've been one of the last ones they showed like R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch in the last games.

ScreamPaste
It is amusing, but.. to show that before the number of 1st party characters I'm sure they'll be adding? As a random WTF character, that should've been one of the last ones they showed like R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch in the last games. Disagreed. I ****ing love that the Wii Fit trainer is in.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Disagreed. I ****ing love that the Wii Fit trainer is in.

I lol'd. It is an interesting addition.

Ridley_Prime
I said it was amusing didn't I? Just would've liked to see some other things first.

Guessing they'll show Miis next.

AuraAngel
Disagreed. I ****ing love that the Wii Fit trainer is in.

It has less to do with the joke(which is funny) and more to do with Nintendo having a much larger pool of characters that might make for more fun gameplay.

ares834
WTF....

facepalm

Tzeentch._
If the game has a MASSIVE, utterly MASSIVE number of characters included in the game- I won't care that much. At least she's hot (as hot as a faceless abstraction of a living thing can be I suppose).

But if the roster is roughly as big as it was in Brawl, consider me ****ing pissed.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
It has less to do with the joke(which is funny) and more to do with Nintendo having a much larger pool of characters that might make for more fun gameplay. I dunno, the Wii Fit Trainer is one of the characters I'm most excited to play right now, lol. I think it's great and a lulzy as heck preview. I know we'll get more in time, but I love this one.

AuraAngel
It's funny don't get me wrong but then again so is Mr. Game & Watch. The difference is he is character that they can have crazy fun with while the Wii Fit Trainer is just sort of a melee fighter since well that's just how her "game" works. The only cool things were her hula-hoops and final smash.

Nemesis X
WTF....

facepalm

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
If the game has a MASSIVE, utterly MASSIVE number of characters included in the game- I won't care that much. At least she's hot (as hot as a faceless abstraction of a living thing can be I suppose).

But if the roster is roughly as big as it was in Brawl, consider me ****ing pissed.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27503652.jpg

Darth Jello
And along with Mega Man comes the boss that's a huge pain in the ass in every game he appears in...

ScreamPaste
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1149_10200483604427390_1009135631_n.jpg

dadudemon
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1149_10200483604427390_1009135631_n.jpg

crylaugh

Ridley_Prime
Saw that line in someone's signature. So that's where that's from.

ScreamPaste
http://i.imgur.com/umXvuuc.png

More lulz.

Ridley_Prime
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-namco-bandai-characters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

Guess it's still somewhat possible for the popular Namco choices like Pac-Man to be in (boring as he seems like he would be moveset-wise) or Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, but am glad they won't really be prioritized. Would be happy enough if Mega Man was the only new 3rd party character added, assuming Snake and Sonic still return too.

Cyner
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-namco-bandai-characters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

Guess it's still somewhat possible for the popular Namco choices like Pac-Man to be in (boring as he seems like he would be moveset-wise) or Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, but am glad they won't really be prioritized. Would be happy enough if Mega Man was the only new 3rd party character added, assuming Snake and Sonic still return too.

Agreed on Mega Man, he is by far the most desired character to appear in SSB games, as long as he's in it they don't have to add any new combatants and I'll be pleased. However I am of course hoping for Ridley. I don't care much for snake so I'll be fine if he doesn't return but I am hoping that at least Sonic and Mewtwo will make a comeback.

Bro SMASH
I really don't care if Snake or Sonic comes back for this game, I too am more satisfied with Mega Man, as far as third party characters go. I personally think Snake and Sonic have served their purposes in this series anyway.

But to be completely satisfied, I also want Little Mac. I've been wanting him ever since before Brawl was released. He's, no doubt, the most deserving Nintendo character that hasn't been confirmed yet. But with the boxing ring and the leaked info, I truly believe he's in anyway. Only with both Mega Man and Little Mac in the game, I'll have no more problems.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Cyner
Agreed on Mega Man, he is by far the most desired character to appear in SSB games, as long as he's in it they don't have to add any new combatants and I'll be pleased. However I am of course hoping for Ridley. I don't care much for snake so I'll be fine if he doesn't return but I am hoping that at least Sonic and Mewtwo will make a comeback.
Although Snake was a secondary of mine, if he got the boot I'd probably miss his whole codecs feature the most, though I could see it getting replaced by a knockoff like the Kid Icarus style codecs. Ridley's still up in the air (no pun intended), but Mewtwo's probably the closest thing to a shoe-in, whether they use his new form or not.

I really don't care if Snake or Sonic comes back for this game, I too am more satisfied with Mega Man, as far as third party characters go. I personally think Snake and Sonic have served their purposes in this series anyway.

But to be completely satisfied, I also want Little Mac. I've been wanting him ever since before Brawl was released. He's, no doubt, the most deserving Nintendo character that hasn't been confirmed yet. But with the boxing ring and the leaked info, I truly believe he's in anyway. Only with both Mega Man and Little Mac in the game, I'll have no more problems.
I understand your want for Little Mac and sorta support him too, but I kinda beg to differ on him being without a doubt the most deserving Nintendo character yet to be in. erm

The one thing that worries me at the moment for some characters is that apparently (according to some sources) the Wii U and 3DS version of the game will have both the same number of characters and same characters, so if some characters aren't able to be added because of the bigger limits of the 3DS, they won't be on the Wii U version either (unless maybe they're DLC), which is bullshit, but it is what it is.

Oh, Sakurai said in another interview that the 3DS had issues with double characters like Ice Climbers, so maybe that's just what it is. Goodbye to them perhaps, not that I used 'em much anyway...

Bro SMASH
I understand your want for Little Mac and sorta support him too, but I kinda beg to differ on him being without a doubt the most deserving Nintendo character yet to be in. erm

Don't know why you say that. Punch-Out!! is a very popular Nintendo series since the NES days. Little Mac's playable appearance in Smash Bros. is long overdue.

JayDaDon
I can see Little mac being quite the badass in smash bros

Darth Jello
Considering Snake got in, I think that just leave two classic NES characters not represented. Mike Jones and Simon Belmont. Then again Nintendo may have a problem with a fighter who's attacks include chucking crosses.

Bro SMASH
You know, I think "popular" is an understatement. Punch-Out!! is a famous series, especially the NES game.

Wei Phoenix
http://www.destructoid.com/smash-bros-lacks-cutscenes-because-they-ll-end-up-online-258717.phtml

Zack Fair
Wow. What the ****? What a lame excuse. Who cares if people see the cutscenes on youtube? All they really want is the gameplay. Just come out and say that you didn't feel like adding cutscenes because you're concentrating on gameplay and thats a wrap. People would accept that no problem.

Ridley_Prime
Weak excuse indeed, but yeah. I'm still glad they're not putting quite as much effort into the campaign this time around, if you wanna call it that. One of the biggest problems Brawl had was the most time (and disc space) being spent on the Subspace Emissary while other features of the game were kind of an afterthought in comparison, even the online which was crap, although that had more to do with the Wii/Nintendo wi-fi itself admittedly than the game.

Nemesis X
That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. By that logic, I guess Nintendo won't be making any cutscenes for any games anymore since those too will be uploaded to YouTube facepalm

Wei Phoenix
It's like he's saying "We don't want free publicity." Honestly having the cutscenes on youtube help it more than it would hurt.

BloodRain
I'm confused. The reason for not having cutscenes is that they'll get uploaded to youtube and the initial 'wow' you get from seeing it while playing will be lost. How is that a bigger loss than not having a cutscene at all?

CosmicComet
The real reason is that they are rushing the game out due to the Wii U's flagging sales.

That's the best excuse they could think of.

Nemesis X
I can think of a bunch of different excuses to make besides the one Masahiro made.

1. We want to focus more on the gameplay.

2. We're having a hard enough time trying to figure out which new characters we want in this and how they should work.

3. We don't have enough time. We're almost meeting the deadline here.

4. Because we know the majority doesn't care about story modes in fighters anyway.

5. The rest of our budget that was supposed to be put into making cutscenes for the story mode was transferred to another Nintendo project. That or cocaine. I just noticed our staff is a little on edge.

6. Most of the cutscenes have Bayonetta in them. We went too far. If we showed them to you, we'd have to change the game's rating.

Ridley_Prime
I'd rather have another Melee-style adventure mode anyway that's shorter and more fun & replayable and isn't a glorified Kirby game like Brawl's SSE. Maybe SSB4's story mode will be closer to the former.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
The real reason is that they are rushing the game out due to the Wii U's flagging sales.

That's the best excuse they could think of.
Not sure how much that'll help the Wii U, but perhaps they should've made the game Wii U exclusive to begin with instead of also having it on the 3DS. Even as big a hit as Smash is, I don't see much reason to get a Wii U for that alone when I can get it on the 3DS I already have when it comes out.

Cyner
I'd rather have another Melee-style adventure mode anyway that's shorter and more fun & replayable and isn't a glorified Kirby game like Brawl's SSE. Maybe SSB4's story mode will be closer to the former.

amen

Wei Phoenix

Every game made should be tailored to be a glorified Kirby game. Kirby games are the greatest things that God has graced us with.

Ridley_Prime
Well this kind of suspense certainly ain't gonna help with my occasional insomnia... Thanks Sakurai.

If he happened to have made Ridley just a stage hazard for the Pyrosphere then he may as well have shown him now.

Bentley
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Every game made should be tailored to be a glorified Kirby game. Kirby games are the greatest things that God has graced us with.

You're a wise man.

Bro SMASH
How would be feel about Pac-Man being in this game?

599ZdRBJLaI

I personally wouldn't mind. For Namco characters, he makes the most sense.

Nemesis X
http://www.screwattack.com/news/sunday-smash-find-mii-monster-and-majora%E2%80%99s-mask

Well Skull Kid's in the game but as an Assist Trophy. I wish he was in the roster. He would've been my main.

MooCowofJustice
I agree, PM makes sense. I had the first Pac-Man World game on PS, too, and it was fun.

RedX1852
i wish we could choose between our Smash Bros(N64), Melee(Game Cube) and Brawl Version of the character, like Ganadorf i like his Melee look more than Brawl, i with that was a feature, it would make a nice edition to use all the Versions of each character that you want like Mario N64 Version or Fox's Melee Version, i think it would be really nice and innovative, but that's just me, hopefully i don't stand alone

Ridley_Prime
Since Ganondorf is most likely to be a Capt Falcon clone again sadly (if Toon Link's return with the same specials is any indication), I just hope they make him more like his Melee self stat-wise in addition to still having the flame choke that they gave him in Brawl. At least that way he won't be bottom tier again, though I mained him in the last game regardless in addition to Wolf.

ScreamPaste
As long as he keeps the murderstomp. I ****ing love the murderstomp.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

Sacred 117
As long as he keeps the murderstomp. I ****ing love the murderstomp.

F**K YES!!! Preservation of murderstomp takes precedence over ALL! I must be able to insta-smite motherf**kers so I can be like...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/101/1/f/rwby__6__by_spartanassassin-d61docy.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/rwby/images/thumb/0/08/Ep400017.png/500px-Ep400017.png

Ridley_Prime
Rosalina confirmed. =o

-MK9-6hRRjY

Will main her for sure. Always liked her character since the first Galaxy game.

Sacred 117
This game... looks MORE... and MORE... F**KING GORGEOUS... EVERYTIME I F**KING LOOK AT IT!!!!

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1377/22/1377228732397.gif

ares834
Rosalina....

Really? God, they better give Ganondorf a unique moveset then.

Sacred 117
they better give Ganondorf a unique moveset then.

Seconded for all, but whatever they do, FTWstomp needs to stay.

The Scenario
Rosalina....

Really? God, they better give Ganondorf a unique moveset then.

What wrong with Rosalina? Her playstyle looks pretty interesting, almost like Olimar or the Ice Climbers. The luma is pretty neat in that respect.

Though I too would like to see Ganondorf get a good moveset.

Cyner
I shall not be hype for this game until I play it. No GC controller, no wavedashing, no L-canceling, and Link and Samus are still gonna be in terrible tier.

Maybe it won't be too bad... until they add jump tripping.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The Scenario
What wrong with Rosalina? Her playstyle looks pretty interesting, almost like Olimar or the Ice Climbers. The luma is pretty neat in that respect.

I agree entirely with this post. Rosalina is cool and her moveset looks awesome.

ares834
Originally posted by The Scenario

It's another Mario character. And a boring one at that.

Admittedly, yes, the playstyle looks fairly unique. But there are far more "worthy" characters for the game.

Ridley_Prime
A boring Mario character? If anything she makes princess Peach look boring.

http://i.minus.com/iYVyKXWzKk8YE.gif

http://i.minus.com/i1V9YzyVNVNBC.gif

http://i.minus.com/iY5sGCbLBFzYM.gif

http://i.minus.com/iPD5LElSDx5Hi.gif

Bentley
Rosalina looks cool, but I'm more hyped for Olimar and the Villager. Did they confirm any Fire Emblem character so far? Will we get Chrom or Lucina?

XanatosForever
Marth's up on the site, but that's it so far. Not that I'm complaining, as I've been a Marth main since Super Smash Bros. Melee.

The Scenario
It's another Mario character. And a boring one at that.

Admittedly, yes, the playstyle looks fairly unique. But there are far more "worthy" characters for the game.

Going to agree with Ridley here, Rosalina got more characterization and history in two games than Peach did in her entire main series history. Not counting spin-offs such as SMRPG and Paper Mario, of course. She's probably one of the more interesting Mario characters, by which I mean she actually has a character to a degree.

It's not as if she stole a slot from someone else; we have no way of knowing who is even considered. If you think of her as a replacement for some other character, yeah, I can see not liking this. I prefer to think of this as adding to the roster, though.

Nemesis X
If only the Peach in this was her comic book counterpart.

Bro SMASH
Yes! Little Mac is confirmed!

Bro SMASH
Little Mac trailer:

OST5jvRKUe4

ares834
Sadly, I've never played Punch-out!! but Little Mac looks like a very fun character. The KO feature is awesome.

Bro SMASH
Ah! Too bad you never played them. Those games are fun.

Bro SMASH
Nester confirmed:

http://www.smashbros.us/us/characters/nester.html

Tzeentch
Still no Ganon, still don't give a shit.

Never heard of Nester, but he looks like a meth-head, so that's amusing at least.

BloodRain
What the chicken spawn **** is that?

ares834
An april fools joke...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>