Stature

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who has the best and most feared and respectful stature in their universe? Who does people know "not to f*** with this guy or you will suffer the consequences" ... Basically the most dangerous.

Which one of these three is numero uno.?

Superboy Prime
Thanos
Darkseid

abhilegend
Not Thanos.

SquallX
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not Thanos.

laughing out loud

I'll go for Darkseid, the man strategic mind is ****ing second to none, and everyone knows to fear him by just hte mention of his name.

He has a planet of slave that would kill for him, or kill themselves whenever he ask them.

Bouboumaster
I'll say Thanos.

The guy in Annihilation went to talk to Annihilus in his vessel, and gave him a lessons or two. And still, Annihilus treat him with nothing but respect.

quanchi112
Thanos, hands down.

Damborgson
Thanos

SquallX
What has Thanos accomplish that gave him a more feared reputation than Darkseid.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I'll say Thanos.

The guy in Annihilation went to talk to Annihilus in his vessel, and gave him a lessons or two. And still, Annihilus treat him with nothing but respect.
Johnny storm made annihilus his *****. Guess he is more feared than thanos.

Stoic
Originally posted by SquallX
What has Thanos accomplish that gave him a more feared reputation than Darkseid.

Thanos takes this. he claimed the HOTU much faster than Darkseid got the ALE.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Which was a plan of TOAA IIRC. ALE was never meant to be given to darkseid.

Bouboumaster

Why the TOAA would plan such a thing?

You have to got the context out of it.

The fact is: he got it faster that Darkseid got the ALE, and got it by beating Doom as well.

Stoic

Thanos got the IG much faster than Darkseid got the ALE. Neither were hand outs. My point is that Thanos went about becoming the most feared, and nearly the most powerful being in his universe. If Darkseid were in the Marvel Universe, he may have been able to have replicated Thanos' achievements, but who is to say that if Thanos was not in the DC Universe, that he wouldn't have gotten his hands on the ALE faster?

I'm just going by which guy rose to the head of the class the fastest.

SquallX
Originally posted by Stoic

Like Legend said, it was all part of TOAA, because TOAA was too lazy to get his fat ass up.

Darkseid in DOTNG was able to hide his schemes from the Source itself.

Hid is whole planet from the Anti-Monitor in COIE.

Showed his devious mind when where showed how he corrupted Dessad.

Like i said, Thanos has yet to do anything that Dakseid hasn't done yet.

In one story, don't remember all the details, i believe it was Darkseid with his cunning that made the Olympians and there Egyptians counter parts to split themselves.

Sirius77
Darkseid.

I mean, he chased off pretty much every notable pantheon in the DCU and had a couple of his elite shit in the throne room of Olympus, he was the last New god standing after the source offed them all, and he almost collapsed the DCU by falling on it. He has my vote for the most dangerous. Then there's also the fact that he can potentially erase you from continuity with his eyes.

Second is thanos. With prep and a plot device, he can pwn cosmic entities. While this doesn't make him the most dangerous on the list given, the stuff that he can do is pretty intimidating. Mostly because of his planning ability. One of the things that stops him from being at the top of my list is the fact that he will never truly win. Not because the good guy always wins, but because he's self-defeating. He's always right at the brink, and then kind of just screws himself imo.

Prime is last, but not least. He can potentially retcon an entire universe (multiverse?) with a well-placed punch. He can also do this to individuals (see beast boy in the teen titans tie-in to IC). He can also maul teams on the regular without much effort, but he hasn't honed his abilities. And he only has one reality shattering feat that actually affected the entire DCU as a whole. So while this is extremely impressive, I think that he would need to learn how to harness his more ambiguous abilities in order to become "dangerous" on the level of say....Darkseid. To the individual or group of individuals, he's pretty dangerous though.

Placidity
Black Adam

cause he will rip your face off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Placidity
Black Adam

cause he will rip your face off.
laughing out loud

golem370
Thanos not only taught Galactus a being older then the universe a lesson but also scolded Galactus as well. He back handed In-Betweener he took on marvels most power heros with just the power gem. He back handed Drax and Hulk at the sametime and beat Silver Surfer to death. He also turned down Death.

Digi
Why is anyone talking about speeds of obtaining artifacts? This is about perception, not feats.

I'm basing this solely on how many smiles get drained from faces when the name is mentioned.

TAO
Daleks

...not touching the Thanos/Darkseid spat. Probably a push anyway.

Bentley
Godzilla people. Now, that's a name that chills your spine.

Damborgson
For someone not on the list, I assume people start getting a little fidgety when they hear that Big-G is coming to town.

http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/galeatsworld.jpg

Uriel005
Loeb.... that is all. Or Pak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.