Movie Bars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Okay, tell me this isn't the greatest idea ever:

Movie Bars. Kind of like Sports Bars, but instead of sports all over the place it's movies. Of course the only problem would be the sound issue... with lots of movies going on. Might require some sort of technology to have your table bring in the audio for whatever movie you choose. I'm a much bigger fan of movies than I am of sports. Even if you couldn't make out all the sound I'd much prefer it. It would be like a big movie orgy. Or they could have several sections with a different movie playing in each. And you could eat and cut up with friends. I think that would be fun as shit, personally..

droolio

Ladyluck
Or you could just, you know, invite people over to your place to watch movies, where you could eat and drink for significantly cheaper...

Patient_Leech
Well, aren't you Misses Buzz Kill. erm

But then it's not the same atmosphere. You could do that with sports, too. It's having lots of people around 'n whatnot, that would make it more amusing. You could bullshit about the movies with total strangers, too.

Thoren
Actually there is a place like that here in Houston. Depending where you sit, your booth has satellite speakers, so you can listen to the movie that's playing.

Ladyluck
It would be neat if the sections were big enough that random people could join, rather than just individual booths. But if there is drinking involved, I could definitely see fights breaking out, heh.

Digi
Movie theatres with bars and alcohol exist already, the bar is just outside the theater.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Digi
Movie theatres with bars and alcohol exist already, the bar is just outside the theater.

Yeah, I totally wish they sold alcohol at theaters here in the States (i always have to sneak it in). Don't they in Europe?

Ax3l
Heaven: http://www.drafthouse.com

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I totally wish they sold alcohol at theaters here in the States (i always have to sneak it in). Don't they in Europe?

I don't think we do and even if some do it would probably be the warmest, weakest beer they could find. I don't mean to be negative there I'm just still scarred by that sour and tepid latte I drank while watching The Book of Eli.

Most people smuggle it in anyway in coke bottles so it doesn't make a difference really.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ax3l
Heaven: http://www.drafthouse.com

Hells yeah. Is this what you were talking about, Thoren? Shame.. none of them are very near me. sad

CowardlyBlakMan
Wow, holy shit, are you serious? Welcome to 2003

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by CowardlyBlakMan
Wow, holy shit, are you serious? Welcome to 2003

Well, my city is probably stuck a lot further back than that. Welcome to the forums, you censored2-hole.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.