Can Someone Help Me?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I live in NJ. Last spring we had a lot of rain fall on the east coast which led to us having an inordinate amount of gnats. I have tried everything, even spent nearly 500 dollars on exterminators to blast my house with exotic fly trap flower resins, which makes insects bleed out, this did not work for long, I used Raid for garden, Raid for flies, Raid for roaches, but none of this seems to work for long, actually they seemed to enjoy the garden Raid, and re-payed my generosity, by razzng me all night. These little bastards are beating the crap out of me, and I need help. Does anyone have any idea of how to eliminate this problem once and for all? They multiply so quickly that they can become a near plague in a matter of 2 weeks.

People say that the meek will one day inherit the Earth, this is Bullsh!t, the Gnats, will one day rule the Earth with an iron fist.

Lord Lucien
The gnats will ride their cockroach steeds in to battle with their allies, the mosquitoes, against the fearsome ant hordes and their constituent midges. The fleas will look upon the slaughter with despair.

Digi
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The gnats will ride their cockroach steeds in to battle with their allies, the mosquitoes, against the fearsome ant hordes and their constituent midges. The fleas will look upon the slaughter with despair.

I didn't read the OP, and I feel that this response is all I need to understand this thread perfectly.

Wolverine wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by Digi
I didn't read the OP, and I feel that this response is all I need to understand this thread perfectly.

Wolverine wins.

I just was wondering if anyone out there had a secret recipe to get rid of the annoyance as I have tried so many things to get rid of them. They just keep coming back. One lady just told me to try pouring bleach down my drains, because gnats are water bugs, and they will continue to spawn in my drains. This isn't me trying to mess around, I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on the problem. Google just sends me to Orkin. Orkin did not work.

Symmetric Chaos
Mosquito nets might keep them out of certain areas.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stoic
I just was wondering if anyone out there had a secret recipe to get rid of the annoyance as I have tried so many things to get rid of them. They just keep coming back. One lady just told me to try pouring bleach down my drains, because gnats are water bugs, and they will continue to spawn in my drains. This isn't me trying to mess around, I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on the problem. Google just sends me to Orkin. Orkin did not work.

Bleach and ammonia, and breath deeply.

Don't really do it. laughing

Stoic
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Mosquito nets might keep them out of certain areas.

Thanks, I'll try this. Can you believe that one of them got into my microwave, when I was heating up my lunch, and it did not die! It was in there for 3 full minutes, and when I opened the door, it was on it's back wriggling around, the next moment it flipped over and flew away. I was speechless. This is real talk, and I shit you not. At that moment, I sat in amazement feeling overjoyed that I was not the size of this little monster. Could you imagine if insects were our size? We would never win the war.

siriuswriter
Bleach down the drains will help, but it can get expensive.

Go to your local Campell's or garden store - they'll know the problem since they probably have to deal with it as well.

You can always put mosquito netting over your bed as a kind of drape if they bother you while you sleep. A very exotic but classic look. big grin

rudester
cut the shrubs, trees around the house, put window nets over your windows... finally dont leave sweet drinks like water melon, food out for the flys to come for it. Do your research on the flys, find out if their drawn to honey water, find a solution to trap them but they will never go away just be reduced in numbers. Its not healthy for you to be putting out chemicals into the air for your own safety so try to find soloutions that are organic in nature.

http://www.machsources.com/productimages/22094/insect-screen-netting.jpg

rudester
you can always buy a vinus fly trap, they sell them in most plant stores.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by rudester
you can always buy a vinus fly trap, they sell them in most plant stores.

Too slow, and the number you have to buy is just rediculus.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Stoic
I live in NJ. Last spring we had a lot of rain fall on the east coast which led to us having an inordinate amount of gnats. I have tried everything, even spent nearly 500 dollars on exterminators to blast my house with exotic fly trap flower resins, which makes insects bleed out, this did not work for long, I used Raid for garden, Raid for flies, Raid for roaches, but none of this seems to work for long, actually they seemed to enjoy the garden Raid, and re-payed my generosity, by razzng me all night. These little bastards are beating the crap out of me, and I need help. Does anyone have any idea of how to eliminate this problem once and for all? They multiply so quickly that they can become a near plague in a matter of 2 weeks.

People say that the meek will one day inherit the Earth, this is Bullsh!t, the Gnats, will one day rule the Earth with an iron fist. laughing out loud I'm sorry, I know this isn't funny for you but it made me laugh! LOL

Maybe fly paper? I don't think gnats like smoke, so smoke balls? Maybe google something and hurry! Man, you are probably ingesting those things in your sleep...Do you wake up feeling kinda full?

I'm sooo sorry, I can't help it. I know that I hate those things myself. Man they can get in your eyes and shit. I'm glad I'm not at your house.

Put nets over your bed. Maybe read about what they do in areas where they have misquitos and yellow fever. They know how to keep bugs off.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I argee with that. When I was living in NJ we always had a gnat promblem. Try spraying them with water! laughing

rudester
you know what would be funny, if someone asked, can someone help me? No, your on your own girl!!! Let those mask-E-toes bite you to hell.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.