Unicron vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Comic Unicron at his best against Galactus at his best(including the Black Celestial arc)

No UN

Who wins?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
Comic Unicron at his best against Galactus at his best(including the Black Celestial arc)

No UN

Who wins?

BCA Galactus destroys Unicron...

Galactus 10/10...

Flyattractor
US or UK Unicron?

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
BCA Galactus destroys Unicron...

Galactus 10/10... What do you know of Unicron.Originally posted by Flyattractor
US or UK Unicron? Which ever version was the strongest.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
What do you know of Unicron. Which ever version was the strongest.

I know unicron at his best is capable of destroying a universe, but BCA Galactus was a multiversal thread...

Multiverse>>Universe.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I know unicron at his best is capable of destroying a universe, but BCA Galactus was a multiversal thread...

Multiverse>>Universe. WAS is the key word, not actually did.

Unicron destroyed everything he could possibly destroy, as there was nothing left who's to say he couldnt of destroyed more.

guy222
i need to read bout unicron

cdtm
Originally posted by guy222
i need to read bout unicron

There's wiki's about him, but I'd recommend getting the Legacy of Unicron trade, that collects some old UK Transformers comics by Simon Furman.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Legacy-Unicron-Titan-Paperback/dp/1840235780

And you should also get stuff like Target: 2006, and other collected work from Furman. For whatever reason, the US Transformers run stuck with mostly G1 characters like Optimus Prime, but because the US stories released in the UK often had room for original filler stories to give the US content time to catch up, Simon Furman actually wrote 2006 base stories, and did some nice crossovers where the 2006 travel back in time and meet the G1 transformers.

Furman also made Galvatron into how he should have been written all along: An unstoppable, overpowered monster as befits a herald of Unicron. (For example, he was winning a PUNCH OUT with water based gestalt Piranacon UNDERWATER!) Galvatron to Furman was as Thanos is to Starlin, basically.

Mr Master
Unicron was and/or is the most powerful existence in the Transformer Universe.

On panel and corroborated in the Official Marvel Transformer Handbook bios,
Unicron devoured everything within that Universe, but not space-time itself.

Imo,
had Unicron been able to even possibly affect anything outside that one reality,
this would've been either stated, or made plausible via story context,
which it did not.

Unicron is a universal power,
but of a seemingly universe lacking the common cosmic hierarchy,
or, the cosmic hierarchy was not affected by Unicron's dinner on universal matter.

Then again, they shouldn't since they're Concepts
and Unicron was only destroying matter.

I have and read this arc thoroughly,
no mention of anyone from 616,
or others like Galactus or anyone who would suffer from Unicorn's actions.
It's like only Transformers exist in that reality.

cdtm
Mr. Master, I think Transformers was initially supposed to happen within 616, with Spider Man and the link with Deaths Head happening..

But those links are so few and far between, I think it's safe to say Transformers has it's own non designated universe, separate from 616.

The thing about Unicron, is EVERY Unicron in EVERY Transformers story is supposed to be THE SAME Unicron. (Via retcons)

So, Transformers: The Movie, UK Transformers, US Transformers, Transformers Armada, Beast Wars, GI Joe and The Transformers from Devils Due, all supposed to be the same guy.

Wouldn't that make him more than universal, and into abstract territory?

Mr Master
Originally posted by cdtm

Mr. Master, I think Transformers was initially supposed to happen within 616, with Spider Man and the link with Deaths Head happening..

But those links are so few and far between, I think it's safe to say Transformers has it's own non designated universe, separate from 616.

The thing about Unicron, is EVERY Unicron in EVERY Transformers story is supposed to be THE SAME Unicron. (Via retcons)

So, Transformers: The Movie, UK Transformers, US Transformers, Transformers Armada, Beast Wars, GI Joe and The Transformers from Devils Due, all supposed to be the same guy.

Wouldn't that make him more than universal, and into abstract territory?
I flipped some pages and realized I wasn't recalling things accurately.

Unicron did entirely destroy that alternate reality, down to a void.
Although he did this over time, over a long time, planets at a time (literally)

Here's Unicron's official Marvel handbook bio:

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10499600_unicronlp7.jpg

It appears he is/was indeed a "Universal" power ... as I initially thought.

========================================

So evidently,
the Transformer-verse was indeed a single alternate reality in Marvel,
that was not considered part of 616.

Spiderman appearing in their first issue was I guess Marvel just
throwing someone in there popular to get sales for a new idea.
... or perhaps it was meant to be canon to 616 Spidey at first,
but then it may have been stuck in a crevice where no one notices the continuity disruption.

Sin I AM
good thread...i feel galan should win this handily, and imo devour unicron and use his energy as his own

cdtm
Thanks for the scan from Marvels bio. big grin

As I said, Unicron's undergone some retcons since, though they don't really mesh well with cartoon continuity. but here's some examples of them:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Retcon

Take all that nonsense how you will.

Mr Master

Thanks for the scan from Marvels bio.
thumb up

As I said, Unicron's undergone some retcons since, though they don't really mesh well with cartoon continuity. but here's some examples of them:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Retcon

Take all that nonsense how you will.
It seems this Unicron's establishment is a joke.

Anyway, cartoon feats are not proper for forum duels, so that's inconsequential.

All that matters is what he is and what's he done within Marvel comics.

In that setting,
Unicron is an entity that can destroy an alternate reality over a long
period of time via planets at a time, until ultimately galaxies and
then that universe itself gets consumed although I must add he
accomplishes this free of cosmic scale interference like the
alternate hierarchy that should pertain to that reality.
Because evidently, aside from Spidey showing in one issue,
only Transformers exist in this reality.

That's Marvel's on panel depiction, that's Marvel's handbook confirmation.

guy222
good info

Galan007
Deaths Head has also popped in an issue or two of Transformers.

Anywho, I'm going with Unicron here. In terms of feats accomplished on panel, he is > Galactus imo.

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Deaths Head has also popped in an issue or two of Transformers.

Simon Furman created him as a Transformers character. If Galvatron was Thanos, Deaths Head would be Lobo.. Bounty hunter character, holds his own with top tiers and often punks them (Rodimus Prime got spanked, Shockwave killed, Scourge and Cyclonus ended up running for their lives.. He even held his own with Galvatron himself, who held off a combined autobot and decepticon army in Time Wars..)

I like the new incarnation of DH in S.W.O.R.D., but he's actually quite different from how Furman wrote him.

Galan007
^ A few other Marvel characters have also appeared in Transformers continuity (or vice versa)--that's all I was saying. smile

I also thought this was an interesting tid-bit...

"The very existence of Unicron wreaks damage on the fabric of space-time, creating entropic eddies and quantum shockwaves capable of erasing entire galaxies from existence":

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7983/explodycq5.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.