Over 25?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
I'm sure the chap that emailed me this is taking the piss out of me in particular, there are too many thar ring true for it to be a coinkydink...

SYMPTOMS OF BEING OVER 25
1. You leave clubs before the end to "beat the rush".

2. You get more excited about having a roast on a Sunday than going clubbing.

3. You stop dreaming of becoming a professional footballer and start dreaming of having a son who might instead.

4. Before throwing the local paper away, you look through the property section.

5. You prefer Later with Jools Holland to Top of the Pops.

6. All of a sudden, Tony Blair is not 46, he's only 46.

7. Before going out anywhere, you ask what the parking is like.

8. Rather than throw a knackered pair of trainers out, you keep them because they'll be all right for the garden.

9. You buy your first ever T-shirt without anything written on it.

10. Instead of laughing at the innovations catalogue that falls out of the newspaper, you suddenly see both the benefit and money saving properties of a plastic winter cover for your garden bench and an electronic mole repellent for the lawn. Not to mention the plastic man for the car to deter would-be thieves.

13. Sure, you have more disposable income, but everything you want to buy costs between 200 and 500 quid.

15. Pop music all starts to sound crap.

16. You opt for Pizza Express over Pizza Hut because they don't have any pictures on the menus and anyway, they do a really nice half-bottle of house white.

17. You become powerless to resist the lure of self-assembly furniture.

18. You always have enough milk in.

19. To compensate for the fact that you have little desire to go clubbing, you instead frequent really loud tapas restaurants and franchise pubs with wacky names in the mistaken belief that you have not turned into your parents.

20. While flicking through the TV channels, you happen upon C4's Time
Team with Tony Robinson. You get drawn in.

21. The benefits of a pension scheme become clear.

22. You go out of your way to pick up a colour chart from B&Q.

23. You wish you had a shed.

24. You have a shed.

25. You actually find yourself saying "They don't make 'em like that anymore" and "I remember when there were only 3 TV channels" and "Of course, in my day...."

26. Radio 2 play more songs you know than Radio 1 > -> and Jimmy Young has some really interesting guests on.

27. Instead of tutting at old people who take ages to get off the bus, you tut at schoolchildren whose diction is poor.

28. When sitting outside a pub you become envious of their hanging baskets.

29. You make an effort to be in and out of the curry house by 11.

30. You come face to face with your own mortality for the first time,and the indestructibility of the 20s gives way to a realisation that you are but passing through this life and if you don't settle down soon and have kids
you'll have no-one to look after you when you're old and frail and incontinent and you can't go on pissing your life up against a wall forever and think of how many brain cells you're destroying every time a swift half turns into 10 pints, and look at that, a full set of stainless steel saucepans for 99 quid, they cost as much as 35 each if you buy them separately, and you get a milk pan thrown in, ...

31. You find yourself saying "is it cold in here or is it just me?"

rusky
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud Do any of those things occur to u mech ?

mechmoggy
Not many, only 1,2,3,5,7,8,13,15,18,19,20,21 & 24. embarrasment

finti
the same one applys for 30 then 35 and so on...........

Thomas H
hahahhahahha

Corran
I must be younger than 25 then smile

Member.
top of the pops? not heard that since britain.HEHEevil face

Tex
heh hehstick out tongue

mechmoggy
The funny thing is I actually did happen across "Time Team" the other day and started watching it. What the hells happening to me?

*Weeps*

Corran
It's too late for you now Mech, there's no turning back the clock, the sands of time are quickening.

Ushgarak
Did they find some broken pottery, Mech?

I never had a wild, wacky youth to lose, myself.

Catch 22
It's a strange irony that when you're young and broke you have all these big ideas and dreams, but by the time you can afford to go do it you're too old and knackered to bother!!! laughing out loud

finti
really????

Catch 22
Dunno, I'm still broke.... laughing out loud

finti
you should try living in Norway then

rusky
ooohhh.. Finti... whatever do u mean by that ?

Corran
I think he is suggesting that it is quite expensive to live in Norway and that Catch 22 should try it to see how broke he would be then.

mechmoggy
I may get myself a nice pair of slippers and a pipe, I've always fancied having a pipe. cool

mah
you can get one of them liquorice pipesbig grin

mechmoggy
No I'm thinking the real deal, with a smoking jacket too.

mah
do you smoke?

mechmoggy
Nah, but I'll have a cigar on special occasions like New Year or if a friends had a baby etc. I like a nice cigar.

Julie
I'm under 25 but some of the things still apply

mechmoggy
You're old before your time Jules!

What things applied?

rusky
Nasty///

Tex
I dont want to get old, I hate old people!wink

Captain REX
Is Mech feeling old? How old is he now, 75? evil face

Mech, you aren't old. You just do old people things...which is odd. big grin

Anyway, I've got a good 10 years before these things apply to me.

mechmoggy
I DO NOT DO "OLD PEOPLE THINGS"!!!

*pushes into queue and moans about the decimal system*

I'm 25, but look about 20. big grin

Orpheus
HaHa really good Mech. The sad thing is your are right. they don't all apply to me (I have never gone clubbing) but a majority do. Especially about the radio, I used to swear that i'd never listen to Radio , its the only thing I have on when I'm driving now.

Sad. And i'm thinking about getting some classical music.

GordonSkywalker
How many people on this are past 30?

Corran
Several, including me.

GordonSkywalker
I am 26.

Captain REX
I am 15, so that list isn't for me...though I do some of those things.

Nothin wrong with classical music, Orpheus. I listen to it a lot...well, on a wider range I listen to orchestrated music, not just classical. This includes classical, movie soundtracks, orchestrated theme songs for video games...and the list goes on for a long time.

Who likes cheesecake that is over 25? big grin

mechmoggy
*Puts hand up* Me! Me!

I've noticed that most of my buddies (and me) all started going the gym in their early to mid twenties, maybe thats a good sign of getting older too.

mah
cheesecake is a no-go

Orpheus
I am 26, Mech I have started going to the gym about two months ago.

Rex, its not that I have anything against classical music, i do own a few movie soundtracks, its just that all my current collecetion is rock or pop.

ToMacco
I'm 23.

Jesus, I'm 23? I'm depressed.

Julie
I'm under 20.....and I'm too lazy to go to a gym

BackFire349
im only 20. but i still ask about parking.

ToMacco
You don't need to go to a gym yet, you probably still have a hard body.

Julie
I think that is starting the awful break down cycle...j/k....I'm ok with my body for now....

BackFire349
i have B cup breasts. my ex gf told me that. id like to get them down to A cups

Julie
ok......uh that's nice....* thinks hard*

BackFire349
you're jealous smile

Julie
oh yes....* rolls eyes*

mechmoggy
I only go to battle my lil beer belly.

I've been told that if I stop drinking it'll go, but I don't want to go to any drastic measures now do I.

Orpheus
I don't drink, well not much!!, so thats not the problem. I think I have to stop eating!! maybe that will cure the additional body weight problem.

Corran
Now who would say such blasphemous things to you Mech, that's terrible, give up drinking indeed.

mechmoggy
Mrs.Mech's idea. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
Oh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.