Thanos vs Mordru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos- Classic

VS

Mordru- Classic

Magic or Madness?

Cogito
Mordru, easily. He's at least as immortal, to boot. Pretty sure this has been done before though.

SquallX
Thanos get beat to a pulp, then watch Mordru runs off with Death.

Oh and Quanchi, before you bring that bullshit that Thanos can kill unkill able beings, needs to know that Mordru's existence is to exist after everything in the universe is gone.

Don't think the author made this on purpose, but unless Thanos posses at least the IG, he's not lasting a secind against Mordru.

ozz81
Isn't mordru high sky father at best??

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Thanos get beat to a pulp, then watch Mordru runs off with Death.

Oh and Quanchi, before you bring that bullshit that Thanos can kill unkill able beings, needs to know that Mordru's existence is to exist after everything in the universe is gone.

Don't think the author made this on purpose, but unless Thanos posses at least the IG, he's not lasting a secind against Mordru. Thanos easily wins.

Thanos was killing beings despite an entire universe where death had already been destroyed. The only reason Mordru hasn't been killed in the dcu is because Thanos exists in the marvel u.

Ps. You also can ko or imprison someone to defeat them. Mordru is destined to lose time and time again no matter who he faces.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos easily wins.

Thanos was killing beings despite an entire universe where death had already been destroyed. The only reason Mordru hasn't been killed in the dcu is because Thanos exists in the marvel u.

Ps. You also can ko or imprison someone to defeat them. Mordru is destined to lose time and time again no matter who he faces.

sick

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
sick Thanos can kill beings who can't die so the same applies to Mordru.

Sr J-Bieb
If he could cause enough damage on him in the first place...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
If he could cause enough damage on him in the first place... Don't doubt mighty Thanos.

tsscls
Thanos easily wins.

Ha!

Mordru, easily.

abhilegend
Mordru easily.

JakeTheBank
Mordru wins. Though, I'm not sure if we're all saying he does it easily to antagonize Quan or if we really mean it.

I'm curious as to what "classic" Mordru means as far as the OP is concerned, too.

abhilegend
^What's wrong in antagonizing quan jake?

JakeTheBank
Eh, it's a played out joke/fad. Virtually everyone here knows he's going to back Thanos (rightly or wrongly). It doesn't annoy or amuse me anymore. It's just Quan. *shrug*

quanchi112
Originally posted by tsscls
Ha!

Mordru, easily. Based on ?
Originally posted by abhilegend
Mordru easily. Care to elaborate ?

"Id"
Mordru wins

iceman24567
Classic mean PC? Mordru stomps hard

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Classic mean PC? Mordru stomps hard What makes you say these things.

Sirius77
Classic mean PC? Mordru stomps hard

LordofBrooklyn
Classic extends to PC and Levitz-Giffen

Sr J-Bieb
Quan convinced me that Thanos wins

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Quan convinced me that Thanos wins

Thanos getting out alive is the only win you could be speaking of.

Nihilist
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thanos getting out alive is the only win you could be speaking of. So you think its a stomp in Mordru's favour?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Nihilist
So you think its a stomp in Mordru's favour?

Thanos puts up some resistance but he loses EVERY time against Mordru.

Nihilist
Thanos puts up some resistance but he loses EVERY time against Mordru. So you made a spit/bait thread, because youre butthurt about what ?

quanchi112
Thanos getting out alive is the only win you could be speaking of. He's immune to death. Do you have any knowledge pertaining to Thanos ?

eragioz
thanos is a very weak character, mordru would beat him the fat titan easily

quanchi112
Originally posted by eragioz
thanos is a very weak character, mordru would beat him the fat titan easily Based on what ?

LordofBrooklyn
He's immune to death. Do you have any knowledge pertaining to Thanos ?

I have lots of information pertaining to Thanos.

If you are refering to his ability to "Kill" the unkillable it doesn't apply here.

LordofBrooklyn
So you made a spit/bait thread, because youre butthurt about what ?

How many threads have NO debate involving popular characters no matter the matchup?

The killer of the unkillable argument against a being that is destined t survive the end of the universe seemed intriguing.

Are you hurt that the concensus is against Thanos?

SquallX
He's immune to death. Do you have any knowledge pertaining to Thanos ?

So is Mordru genius.

Nihilist
How many threads have NO debate involving popular characters no matter the matchup?

The killer of the unkillable argument against a being that is destined t survive the end of the universe seemed intriguing.

Are you hurt that the concensus is against Thanos? You made this thread knowing Mordru stomps as a bait/spite thread, then compllain when someone takes the bait...stupid much!!

Why would i be bothered really.

LordofBrooklyn
You made this thread knowing Mordru stomps as a bait/spite thread, then compllain when someone takes the bait...stupid much!!

Why would i be bothered really.

You keep responding to a thread that offends you and I'M "Stupid much".

Sr J-Bieb
The old admitted spite and bait thread

Nihilist
You keep responding to a thread that offends you and I'M "Stupid much". Where did i say it offends me? plus im responding to you not the topic at hand.

Uriel005
Just wanted to say in regards to the unkillable mordru business. It's more the fact that mordru has no beginning or end that makes this moot. Death just doesn't exist for him period. Hell the death of the endless could come up and try to "kill" him and fail. Mordru WILL survive the end of existence and as proven when they tried age regression before he existed he has no beginning. Mordru is a weird cosmic clusterf*ck that cannot be taken out.

quanchi112
I have lots of information pertaining to Thanos.

If you are refering to his ability to "Kill" the unkillable it doesn't apply here. Yes, it does since Thanos killed beings who couldn't die either. Mordru hasn't shown the ability, partner.Originally posted by SquallX
So is Mordru genius. Thanos can kill the unkillable.

Stoic
Yes, it does since Thanos killed beings who couldn't die either. Mordru hasn't shown the ability, partner. Thanos can kill the unkillable.

Mordru has no beginning, and no end. He seems more like a concept than true life.

LordofBrooklyn
Yes, it does since Thanos killed beings who couldn't die either. Mordru hasn't shown the ability, partner. Thanos can kill the unkillable.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanos killed beings in a universe where death no longer existed. If that is correct he merely reintroduced the concept into being.

Mordru by his very existence is beyond death. It has nothing to do with the removal of the reality of death (i.e. EARTH X.)

quanchi112
Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanos killed beings in a universe where death no longer existed. If that is correct he merely reintroduced the concept into being.

Mordru by his very existence is beyond death. It has nothing to do with the removal of the reality of death (i.e. EARTH X.) No, he didn't since other beings couldn't do so. You are either powerful enough to do so or you aren't.

The beings in the cancerverse were beyond death. Thanos killed them easily. I think he easily kills Mordru.

An amped Mordru has been easily defeated before.Originally posted by Stoic
Mordru has no beginning, and no end. He seems more like a concept than true life. Thanos can kill those otherwise thought unkillable.

wink

Stoic
No, he didn't since other beings couldn't do so. You are either powerful enough to do so or you aren't.

The beings in the cancerverse were beyond death. Thanos killed them easily. I think he easily kills Mordru.

An amped Mordru has been easily defeated before. Thanos can kill those otherwise thought unkillable.

wink

well sometimes you might think that you have the right bug spray for a particular bug, but may find out that it's for ants, and not flies. Meaning Mordru is not under the same rules of existence as the Cancerverse inhabitants.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
well sometimes you might think that you have the right bug spray for a particular bug, but may find out that it's for ants, and not flies. Meaning Mordru is not under the same rules of existence as the Cancerverse inhabitants. In the cancerverse death was impossible. Thanos made the impossible possible. Mordru is hard to kill but that's just because Thanos exists in another universe.

Do you think the Spectre can kill Mordru ?

buzzkillersisi
I stalk Quan.

Stoic
In the cancerverse death was impossible. Thanos made the impossible possible. Mordru is hard to kill but that's just because Thanos exists in another universe.

Yes depending on what Spectre you are talking about, but then again, Mordru does not adhere to the same principalities and powers, that regular characters adhere to. So he might not have the authority to kill Mordru.

quanchi112
Yes depending on what Spectre you are talking about, but then again, Mordru does not adhere to the same principalities and powers, that regular characters adhere to. So he might not have the authority to kill Mordru. So you admit it just depends on the power level and that his no beginning and no end doesn't matter. You aren't very clever as I just trapped you.

Thanos is the avatar of death and can kill unkillables. You saying he can't be killed is your opinion but the comics show us Thanos can do so.

buzzkillersisi
I stalk Quan.

Uriel005
by character design Mordru is >>> death. Death of the endless will die with the ending of the universe. Mordru will outlast the end of everything where death will turn out the lights at the closing of the universe. So good luck in saying the avatar of death is going to succeed where outright full fledged death is going to fail no ifs and or buts about it. Combined with the fact that Mordru will outright overpower thanos on thanos' best days barring items/artifacts which I wouldn't put it past Mordru to drain an infinity gauntlet considering he's done it to the RoE.

Stoic
So you admit it just depends on the power level and that his no beginning and no end doesn't matter. You aren't very clever as I just trapped you.

Thanos is the avatar of death and can kill unkillables. You saying he can't be killed is your opinion but the comics show us Thanos can do so.

I laughed when you said that you trapped me. That was a good one Quan.

iceman24567
Thanos doesn't possess the power output to kill Mordru before Mordru blasts him into a coma

cdtm
Mordru wins, with ease.

quanchi112
I laughed when you said that you trapped me. That was a good one Quan. I am a sneaky debater. Sometimes people don't see the booby traps until it's too late.

Thanos doesn't possess the power output to kill Mordru before Mordru blasts him into a coma Based on ?

Stoic
I am a sneaky debater. Sometimes people don't see the booby traps until it's too late.

Based on ?

That's the problem, I was never trapped. In the other thread you just said that Thanos was beating the Cancerverse creatures where Galactus, and other Abstracts could not. The truth of the matter is yes he did kill them, but they were small fries compared to the creature that skull phucked Aegis. Not quite the same thing now is it. I think you're doing a fine job trapping yourself.

zeel
this will be a awsome fight, thanos ability to resist and take blasts are insane but mordru is bout the most powerful magic user in D.C. i do not think this is spite at all this fight is 40/60 in mordru's favor. especially if thanos has even the smallest amount of prep

abhilegend
Mordru is beyond death.

Uriel005
Originally posted by zeel
this will be a awsome fight, thanos ability to resist and take blasts are insane but mordru is bout the most powerful magic user in D.C. i do not think this is spite at all this fight is 40/60 in mordru's favor. especially if thanos has even the smallest amount of prep have to disagree here. Classic Mordru is just an animal outside of Thanos' weight class entirely imo. PC Kryptonians were to deal with than taking candy from a baby even considering magic weakness. Also remember Mordru was dealing with high end dr. fate's which are no joking matter as well as teams of PC characters at their height of stupidly broken power levels.

Sirius77
I really don't see what thanos can even do here.

cdtm
Classic Mordru fought on an even level with Glorith, who was Time Trapper +.

That's pretty much like Thanos holding his own with Franklin Richards, something he ain't doing...

quanchi112
That's the problem, I was never trapped. In the other thread you just said that Thanos was beating the Cancerverse creatures where Galactus, and other Abstracts could not. The truth of the matter is yes he did kill them, but they were small fries compared to the creature that skull phucked Aegis. Not quite the same thing now is it. I think you're doing a fine job trapping yourself. Galactus and the Celestials didn't have the power in that universe to cause permanent death while Thanos did.

Uriel005
^wrong. And it was thanos getting his ass beat to death that allowed the cancerverse to die... so one of the biggest thanos achievements is getting beaten to death to allow death back into the universe. Congrats on supporting an achievement that has nothing whatsoever to do with thanos' power as his only real role in it was getting beaten to death as a pawn of death... real achievement there buddy

Sirius77
That's the problem, I was never trapped. In the other thread you just said that Thanos was beating the Cancerverse creatures where Galactus, and other Abstracts could not. The truth of the matter is yes he did kill them, but they were small fries compared to the creature that skull phucked Aegis. Not quite the same thing now is it. I think you're doing a fine job trapping yourself.

Thanos wasn't the only one that killed cancerverse beings. In fact it was outright stated that outside of the cancerverse, they could die. It would just take 6-7 times the normal amount of damage. But I agree though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uriel005
^wrong. And it was thanos getting his ass beat to death that allowed the cancerverse to die... so one of the biggest thanos achievements is getting beaten to death to allow death back into the universe. Congrats on supporting an achievement that has nothing whatsoever to do with thanos' power as his only real role in it was getting beaten to death as a pawn of death... real achievement there buddy That's incorrect. The only reason Thanos let him attempt to kill him was because the ritual was required to bring death back to the entire universe. Thanos couldn't go door to door with the entire universe.

Cogito

No, he can't. Just as he can't kill the Phantom Stranger.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
No, he can't. Just as he can't kill the Phantom Stranger. I do think he can kill the Phantom Stranger though it's difficult for him it wouldn't be difficult for Thanos imo.

Cogito
I do think he can kill the Phantom Stranger though it's difficult for him it wouldn't be difficult for Thanos imo.

It was stated in DOV that the Spectre couldn't kill the Phantom Stranger, as he can't be killed. He sufficed to turn him into a mouse.

quanchi112
It was stated in DOV that the Spectre couldn't kill the Phantom Stranger, as he can't be killed. He sufficed to turn him into a mouse. No, he said he would come back later and finish the job. He is difficult to kill not impossible. Thanos killed those permanently who were impossible to kill.

Uriel005
and so the saga continues. Lol if he thinks he's going to convince anyone that thanos has a hope here.

quanchi112
and so the saga continues. Lol if he thinks he's going to convince anyone that thanos has a hope here. I am just debating on who I think wins if it doesn't persuade you then so be it. My points are all comic book based.

Uriel005
your points blatently ignore other characters. I acknowledge thanos abilities to kill the unkillable to the extent. He's still limited to things that death itself could kill. Mordru isn't one of them by plot device. He simply isn't permakillable.

Cogito
No, he said he would come back later and finish the job. He is difficult to kill not impossible. Thanos killed those permanently who were impossible to kill.

The Phantom Stranger can't die. This was also reaffirmed at one point in Blackest Night.

LordofBrooklyn
I do think he can kill the Phantom Stranger though it's difficult for him it wouldn't be difficult for Thanos imo.

You can't be serious.

The Phantom Stranger's curse is that he can't die.

cdtm
No, he can't. Just as he can't kill the Phantom Stranger.

Or Darkseid.

quanchi112
your points blatently ignore other characters. I acknowledge thanos abilities to kill the unkillable to the extent. He's still limited to things that death itself could kill. Mordru isn't one of them by plot device. He simply isn't permakillable. Neither were the cancerverse beings. You are ignoring this.

The Phantom Stranger can't die. This was also reaffirmed at one point in Blackest Night. No, he's very hard to kill but Thanos can kill those who otherwise can't die anyway.Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You can't be serious.

The Phantom Stranger's curse is that he can't die. Thanos can bring permanent death to help him out.

Nihilist
^wrong. And it was thanos getting his ass beat to death that allowed the cancerverse to die... so one of the biggest thanos achievements is getting beaten to death to allow death back into the universe. Congrats on supporting an achievement that has nothing whatsoever to do with thanos' power as his only real role in it was getting beaten to death as a pawn of death... real achievement there buddy When was Thanos being beat to death ?

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
Or Darkseid.

Darkseid was resurrected, yes. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

No, he's very hard to kill but Thanos can kill those who otherwise can't die anyway. Thanos can bring permanent death to help him out.

Stop wanking. The Phantom Stranger can't die, and was made that way by the goddamn Presence. Thanos can't kill him, Mistress Death can't kill him... nobody but God himself can.

quanchi112

Stop wanking. The Phantom Stranger can't die, and was made that way by the goddamn Presence. Thanos can't kill him, Mistress Death can't kill him... nobody but God himself can. It was implied the Spectre could but he easily transmuted him so I see no reason for this anyway since Thanos could do the same. Thanos can kill beings despite destroying death in their universe making it impossible enter Thanos.

Estacado
No, he said he would come back later and finish the job. He is difficult to kill not impossible. Thanos killed those permanently who were impossible to kill.
So canverse heroes=Phanter Stranger?
Good to know....

JakeTheBank
It was actually implied that Spectre couldn't kill Phantom Stranger, which is why he transmuted him.

"I doubt the universe (ie. God) would allow my death." was the line in question, iirc.

And in Blackest Night, he was something beyond death, something, well...stranger.

Cogito
It was implied the Spectre could but he easily transmuted him so I see no reason for this

So you ignore the Phantom Stranger's word (he who probably knows a little something about his own immortality) and take the Spectre's uncertain word instead (who at the time was manipulated, 100% misinformed regarding magic, and just plain lacking all sense of reason).

Gotcha.

JakeTheBank
Basically, it would be Thanos (with Marvel's Death's backing) trying to kill Phantom Stranger (with the backing of God/Presence).

If Stranger wasn't rendered immortal by a higher source, I might entertain the notion of Thanos killing him, but really, all evidence points to Stranger being beyond death period, not just immortal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
So canverse heroes=Phanter Stranger?
Good to know.... Thanos can kill the unkillables.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It was actually implied that Spectre couldn't kill Phantom Stranger, which is why he transmuted him.

"I doubt the universe (ie. God) would allow my death." was the line in question, iirc.

And in Blackest Night, he was something beyond death, something, well...stranger. This is perfect jake. It's been a while since I leafed through day of vengeance. The universe (cancerverse) wouldn't allow death but Thanos killed them anyways.

It doesn't matter what the universe allows since Thanos already showed the power to defy it already.

quanchi112
So you ignore the Phantom Stranger's word (he who probably knows a little something about his own immortality) and take the Spectre's uncertain word instead (who at the time was manipulated, 100% misinformed regarding magic, and just plain lacking all sense of reason).

Gotcha. Jake came in with the exact dialogue which kinda cinches it here. The cancerverse resisted but Thanos killed them anyways. The universe can't stop Thanos from killing it's already been proven on panel. wink

iceman24567
Basically, it would be Thanos (with Marvel's Death's backing) trying to kill Phantom Stranger (with the backing of God/Presence).

If Stranger wasn't rendered immortal by a higher source, I might entertain the notion of Thanos killing him, but really, all evidence points to Stranger being beyond death period, not just immortal. Exactly Thanos cant kill anybody he wants because hes Deaths avatar thats just stupid

cdtm

More evidence that Spectre can't override certain beings immortality, along with PT.

LordofBrooklyn
Darkseid is protected by the source as the avatar for evil IIRC.

quanchi112
Darkseid is protected by the source as the avatar for evil IIRC. Darkseid was protected by the Source in one story and in others hasn't been protected, ie. Hunter/Prey/Countdown.

Estacado
Thanos can kill the unkillables.

This is perfect jake. It's been a while since I leafed through day of vengeance. The universe (cancerverse) wouldn't allow death but Thanos killed them anyways.

It doesn't matter what the universe allows since Thanos already showed the power to defy it already.
So he can kill anyone now? Am I right?

abhilegend
Phantom stranger is neither dead nor alive. He's something strange. This crap of thanos killing someone who has no beginning or end is frankly stupid.

Estacado
Phantom stranger is neither dead nor alive. He's something strange. This crap of thanos killing someone who has no beginning or end is frankly stupid.
quanchi is the impersonation of stupid.

DarkSaint85
Can Thanos kill Mistress Death?

abhilegend
^Why not? Death is even killable as pre-retcon beyonder killed her while thanos kills the unkillable. That would be probably spite against mistress death.thanduros

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
So he can kill anyone now? Am I right? He can kill Mordru and Phantom Stranger imo.

Phantom stranger is neither dead nor alive. He's something strange. This crap of thanos killing someone who has no beginning or end is frankly stupid. Ps can be killed if you can defy the universe which Thanos has already proven. To act like Mordu can't survive the avatar of death with the feats Thanos has under his belt is absurd.

iceman24567
^Why not? Death is even killable as pre-retcon beyonder killed her while thanos kills the unkillable. That would be probably spite against mistress death.thanduros Thanos would need sufficient power to kill these beings which he doesn't have without an artifact or something. Mordru stomps

quanchi112
Thanos would need sufficient power to kill these beings which he doesn't have without an artifact or something. Mordru stomps Based on what does Mordru stomp ?

JakeTheBank
Quan, your logic isn't terrible in of itself.

The problem is that basically, you'd have to believe that Marvel's Death blessing/backing/whathaveyou of Thanos would override beings who are beyond DC's Death. The Cancerverse was an unnatural aberration having actually "killed" Death. It was, obviously, like cancer: a malignant tumor that spread and infected the inhabitants. Thanos killing them doesn't equate to him being able to slay beings from another universe who aren't just immortal, but rather beyond death, period. In order to kill them, Thanos would have to have power superseding DC's Death, and likely, the Presence itself, which he really doesn't have.

quanchi112

The problem is that basically, you'd have to believe that Marvel's Death blessing/backing/whathaveyou of Thanos would override beings who are beyond DC's Death. The Cancerverse was an unnatural aberration having actually "killed" Death. It was, obviously, like cancer: a malignant tumor that spread and infected the inhabitants. Thanos killing them doesn't equate to him being able to slay beings from another universe who aren't just immortal, but rather beyond death, period. In order to kill them, Thanos would have to have power superseding DC's Death, and likely, the Presence itself, which he really doesn't have. I don't for one think that dc's death wouldn't be able to kill them. Has she ever tried ? Thanos was death's personal weapon used in another universe which didn't allow death. In the Ps case I think the line you used makes this an open and shut case.

JakeTheBank
I don't for one think that dc's death wouldn't be able to kill them. Has she ever tried ? Thanos was death's personal weapon used in another universe which didn't allow death. In the Ps case I think the line you used makes this an open and shut case.

Why do you feel that?

In a neutral setting, I have no problem giving Thanos the benefit of the doubt that he could kill "immortal" beings (provided he had the power to do so and wasn't beaten before then). The problem is that Mordru (and Phantom Stranger) aren't really immortal in the traditional comic book sense.

Death really has no meaning for either of them. DC Zeus is immortal, Guardians of the Universe are immortal, Highfather is immortal, etc. Mordru has no timeline and no beginning or end. He just...is, I guess. And Phantom Stranger is likewise above and beyond concepts of life and death.

Now, if you were arguing that Thanos could beat them through KO or incapacitation or whathaveyou, I'd have no issues with that. I wouldn't agree, but both Stranger and Mordru have been beaten before, so the idea of them losing in the general sense isn't crazy. But killing them? I just don't see it happening from Thanos.

quanchi112
Why do you feel that?

In a neutral setting, I have no problem giving Thanos the benefit of the doubt that he could kill "immortal" beings (provided he had the power to do so and wasn't beaten before then). The problem is that Mordru (and Phantom Stranger) aren't really immortal in the traditional comic book sense.

Death really has no meaning for either of them. DC Zeus is immortal, Guardians of the Universe are immortal, Highfather is immortal, etc. Mordru has no timeline and no beginning or end. He just...is, I guess. And Phantom Stranger is likewise above and beyond concepts of life and death.

Now, if you were arguing that Thanos could beat them through KO or incapacitation or whathaveyou, I'd have no issues with that. I wouldn't agree, but both Stranger and Mordru have been beaten before, so the idea of them losing in the general sense isn't crazy. But killing them? I just don't see it happening from Thanos. Dc's Death has never outright went after them though. That's my point had they resisted dc's death personally trying to kill them then maybe but to me that's what Thanos was. Death vested her power making him into her ultimate weapon because the stakes were so high in thanos imperative.

We see an entire universe resist death but they can't resist Thanos. I don't think Mordru or Ps could resist dc's death or Thanos personally trying themselves to kill them.

iceman24567

The problem is that basically, you'd have to believe that Marvel's Death blessing/backing/whathaveyou of Thanos would override beings who are beyond DC's Death. The Cancerverse was an unnatural aberration having actually "killed" Death. It was, obviously, like cancer: a malignant tumor that spread and infected the inhabitants. Thanos killing them doesn't equate to him being able to slay beings from another universe who aren't just immortal, but rather beyond death, period. In order to kill them, Thanos would have to have power superseding DC's Death, and likely, the Presence itself, which he really doesn't have.
Why do you feel that?

Now, if you were arguing that Thanos could beat them through KO or incapacitation or whathaveyou, I'd have no issues with that. I wouldn't agree, but both Stranger and Mordru have been beaten before, so the idea of them losing in the general sense isn't crazy. But killing them? I just don't see it happening from Thanos. thumb up In TI Thanos just reintroduced death to a universe without it thats all in Mordrus case death doesn't effect him from the start so Thanos' avatar powers are pointless. Either way you look at it Mordru is plenty stronger than Thanos

Raptor22
Im not following quans logic at all and to be honest I think he's just phucking with u guys and doesn't truly believe these things himself. Unless the same power/source that makes the cancerverse inhabitants unkillable is the same that makes mordru/PS Immortal, the whole point is moot. Using quans logic I could say that mordru win's since he has killed big purple guys before so he can kill thanos.

Cogito
thumb up In TI Thanos just reintroduced death to a universe without it thats all in Mordrus case death doesn't effect him from the start so Thanos' avatar powers are pointless.

I've tried to explain this exact thing many times, it's pointless.

Raptor22
Why do you feel that?

Now, if you were arguing that Thanos could beat them through KO or incapacitation or whathaveyou, I'd have no issues with that. I wouldn't agree, but both Stranger and Mordru have been beaten before, so the idea of them losing in the general sense isn't crazy. But killing them? I just don't see it happening from Thanos. because the logic is simply faulty. There are too many factors involved to simply say he can kill unkillables so he can kill them because they're unkillable. There needs to be more to it. Mainly how is he gonna kill them and what is he gonna do to keep them dead. He says he doesn't think they could resist DC's death but all evidence points to them being beyond death in this sense. Using just his logic thanos could beat the presence, and toaa, because they're unkillable and he can kill unkillables.

Raptor22
Sorry jake for some reason I thought my post was quoted in ur question so I thiught u were asking me why i felt the way i did. I went back and found that i was mistaken.

quanchi112
thumb up In TI Thanos just reintroduced death to a universe without it thats all in Mordrus case death doesn't effect him from the start so Thanos' avatar powers are pointless. Either way you look at it Mordru is plenty stronger than Thanos No, this isn't accurate nor do you even seem to ever grasp what's going on in these threads, ever. You just say someone stomps and can never even articulate your opinion.Originally posted by Raptor22
Im not following quans logic at all and to be honest I think he's just phucking with u guys and doesn't truly believe these things himself. Unless the same power/source that makes the cancerverse inhabitants unkillable is the same that makes mordru/PS Immortal, the whole point is moot. Using quans logic I could say that mordru win's since he has killed big purple guys before so he can kill thanos. Ps wasn't allowed to die at the time because the universe wouldn't allow it but the cancerverse didn't allow death of any kind so in a sense it proves Thanos is more powerful than the Spectre as well.

the Darkone
Im a thanos fan to a degree, Thanos head up wise can't beat Mordru period, out smart Mordru yes! Kill hell no!!! Thanos is fighting somebody who is above classic odin, Mordru can attack Thanos from another dimension absorb any magic at will, how can Thanos prep against that!?

Uriel005
He just can't accept thanos getting murdered.

ozz81
Is mordru omniscient?

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
Im a thanos fan to a degree, Thanos head up wise can't beat Mordru period, out smart Mordru yes! Kill hell no!!! Thanos is fighting somebody who is above classic odin, Mordru can attack Thanos from another dimension absorb any magic at will, how can Thanos prep against that!? Thanos can outsmart or outright kill him.Originally posted by Uriel005
He just can't accept thanos getting murdered. Immune to death, partner.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos can outsmart or outright kill him. Immune to death, partner.

Thanos CANNOT kill Mordru! Outright or otherwise. Mordru is beyond the conept of death as he is destined to be the last being alive at the end of the universe.

How can something with no beginning or end be killed?

What is your answer going to be? Thanos power?

Even the notion of outsmarting him in a KMC battle for a victory seems impossible. What could Thanos conceive that Mordru simply couldn't undo and/or absorb?

quanchi112
Thanos CANNOT kill Mordru! Outright or otherwise. Mordru is beyond the conept of death as he is destined to be the last being alive at the end of the universe.

How can something with no beginning or end be killed?

What is your answer going to be? Thanos power?

Even the notion of outsmarting him in a KMC battle for a victory seems impossible. What could Thanos conceive that Mordru simply couldn't undo and/or absorb? Destiny has nothing to do with this thread. His destiny doesn't mean he can take on the Presence since he will outlast the universe that doesn't mean he can beat someone like this. It's bad logic.

The best is Mordru has been defeated and is destined to lose no matter who he sqaures off against and you think Thanos can't best him.

Thanos bests beings capable of consuming the entire marvel u like it was nothing.

LordofBrooklyn
Destiny has nothing to do with this thread. His destiny doesn't mean he can take on the Presence since he will outlast the universe that doesn't mean he can beat someone like this. It's bad logic.

The best is Mordru has been defeated and is destined to lose no matter who he sqaures off against and you think Thanos can't best him.

Thanos bests beings capable of consuming the entire marvel u like it was nothing.

Let me try again.

The nature of Mordru's existence( i.e. having no beginning or end) makes him a being beyond death. You can't kill Mordru because he is above death.

Nothing can stop Mordru from existing. That includes Thanatos.

Conversely, Mordru can simply consume Thanos and that is the end of the mad Titan.

quanchi112
Let me try again.

The nature of Mordru's existence( i.e. having no beginning or end) makes him a being beyond death. You can't kill Mordru because he is above death.

Nothing can stop Mordru from existing. That includes Thanatos.

Conversely, Mordru can simply consume Thanos and that is the end of the mad Titan. Mordru isn't above dc's death. If dc's death came for him I'd suspect he'd die. He might live because dc death hasn't yet come for him.

Thanos can kill those otherwise unkillable. He can resist universal laws in doing so.

Mordru gets consumed all the time. When has Thanos been consumed ?

Uriel005
^ wrong. will look for the issue but Mordru will outlast the end of the universe... In DC that means that Death will actively claim every last life and Mordru will still be. So wrong. If anyone could help me find it I'd appreciate it as I'll have to dig through my garage which is going to suck... not even sure what run it's under.

Sirius77
^ wrong. will look for the issue but Mordru will outlast the end of the universe... In DC that means that Death will actively claim every last life and Mordru will still be. So wrong. If anyone could help me find it I'd appreciate it as I'll have to dig through my garage which is going to suck... not even sure what run it's under.

Are you referring to the JSA issue in which Hourman's time-vision outright fails on Mordru because he has no beginning or end?

quanchi112
^ wrong. will look for the issue but Mordru will outlast the end of the universe... In DC that means that Death will actively claim every last life and Mordru will still be. So wrong. If anyone could help me find it I'd appreciate it as I'll have to dig through my garage which is going to suck... not even sure what run it's under. That means the universe ends but Mordru survives. I mean we saw one Monitor survive the end of his own universe and survive easily. That doesn't mean dc's death actively tried taking his own life. smile

Sirius77
Here it is:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MordruAgeless.jpg

Hourman:

"Before I lost consciousness, I attempted to use my time-vision to devolve him back along his personal timeline to an age where he was not so powerful. But his time-line has no beginning or end. As far as I can tell, Mordru was never born , nor will ever die."

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
Here it is:

Hourman:

"Before I lost consciousness, I attempted to use my time-vision to devolve him back along his personal timeline to an age where he was not so powerful. But his time-line has no beginning or end. As far as I can tell, Mordru was never born , nor will ever die." Key words as far as I can tell. Thanos can kill those otherwise deemed unkillable.

iceman24567
Why do you guys bother with Quan can't you see he's trolling? He hasn't countered the fact that Mordru can't be killed he outright ignores the fact that Mordru at his best is leagues above Thanos why continue with the guy you can't reason with him. Mordru stomps

quanchi112
Why do you guys bother with Quan can't you see he's trolling? He hasn't countered the fact that Mordru can't be killed he outright ignores the fact that Mordru at his best is leagues above Thanos why continue with the guy you can't reason with him. Mordru stomps Thanos has already proven he can kill those who can't be killed. Wtf.

iceman24567
Here it is:

Hourman:

"Before I lost consciousness, I attempted to use my time-vision to devolve him back along his personal timeline to an age where he was not so powerful. But his time-line has no beginning or end. As far as I can tell, Mordru was never born , nor will ever die." I remember that its pretty obvious death holds no ground on Mordru if Thanos tries to bring death to him he would just moon her ugly ass erm

Sirius77
Why do you guys bother with Quan can't you see he's trolling? He hasn't countered the fact that Mordru can't be killed he outright ignores the fact that Mordru at his best is leagues above Thanos why continue with the guy you can't reason with him. Mordru stomps

Oh, I don't even read his posts anymore. He's on ignore. I've stopped debating with trolls. Well, I still debate with carver... but he's a couple steps above quan imo.

I remember that its pretty obvious death holds no ground on Mordru if Thanos tries to bring death to him he would just moon her ugly ass erm

Yeah, I was just posting that to add to what some of the people were saying, and to prove that mordru is actually deathless.

Oh and here's another one. They're all throughout his respect thread.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MordruEnergyBeginningEnd1.jpg

Dude just simply doesn't have a beginning or end. I think it's funny that this thread is still even open tbh. Especially with the pc version of the character being discussed. Hell, I was even arguing the weaker version.

iceman24567
Oh, I don't even read his posts anymore. He's on ignore. I've stopped debating with trolls. Well, I still debate with carver... but he's a couple steps above quan imo.

Yeah, I was just posting that to add to what some of the people were saying, and to prove that mordru is actually deathless.

Oh and here's another one. They're all throughout his respect thread.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MordruEnergyBeginningEnd1.jpg

Dude just simply doesn't have a beginning or end. I think it's funny that this thread is still even open tbh. Especially with the pc version of the character being discussed. Hell, I was even arguing the weaker version. thumb up I see. A weaker version would be more fair imo PC Mordru would wipe the floor with Thanos

Sirius77
thumb up I see. A weaker version would be more fair imo PC Mordru would wipe the floor with Thanos

Yeah, because it just seems like too much. Thanos would need prep, and even then it's iffy imo.

The weaker version is deathless, and he almost strangled Nabu after getting knocked through elseworlds continuities.

The PC version is essentially Odin on magical crack...

abhilegend
Its useless to argue with quan.

quanchi112
I remember that its pretty obvious death holds no ground on Mordru if Thanos tries to bring death to him he would just moon her ugly ass erm Mordru is unkillable to most but not Thanos.

iceman24567
Its useless to argue with quan. Yup just add him to your ignore list it does wonders for my piece of mind

quanchi112
Its useless to argue with quan. The scans with regards to Mordru don't make the scans regarding Thanos from Thanos imperative cease to exist.

abhilegend
I just laugh at his posts now. He has in last 6 years never once admitted that thanos loses in a single thread.
Check this out
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t548087.html

quanchi112
I just laugh at his posts now. He has in last 6 years never once admitted that thanos loses in a single thread.
Check this out
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t548087.html I haven't even been here for 5 years let alone 6. Your math needs work, padawan.

abhilegend
^Slight mistake. I'm still groggy without my morning cofee. The question is still the same as nearly 5 years ago "who can beat quanos?"

quanchi112
^Slight mistake. I'm still groggy without my morning cofee. The question is still the same as nearly 5 years ago "who can beat quanos?" I can tell you somebody he can beat the guy opposing him in this very thread.

abhilegend
^No, he can't. Prove me wrong.

quanchi112
^No, he can't. Prove me wrong. You already have seen me present my case. You disagree with him being able to kill him but I have scans of Thanos killing unkillables. I see Thanos as being powerful enough to get the job done.

abhilegend
^Nearly everyone disagrees with you. I'm not impressed.

quanchi112
^Nearly everyone disagrees with you. I'm not impressed. People used to think the world was flat. Geniuses usually redefine the world around them.

abhilegend
^Lulz.

quanchi112
^Lulz. No matter what your opinion is my opinion is based on comics. It always is.

abhilegend
No matter what your opinion is my opinion is based on comics. It always is.
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/2d2fvat.gif

quanchi112
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/My%20photos/Lulz/2d2fvat.gif Concession accepted.

abhilegend
Concession accepted.
Lulz.

quanchi112
Lulz. wink

Juntai
In the same way Dracula is based on a true story...

the Darkone
Modern Mordru wins the vast majority, PC Mordru smokes Thanos!!!

quanchi112
Modern Mordru wins the vast majority, PC Mordru smokes Thanos!!! Based on ?

the Darkone
Based on ?

Im not going too play your game Quan!

Mordru wins period, feats prove this, if you don't like that's your burden!!

quanchi112
Im not going too play your game Quan!

Mordru wins period, feats prove this, if you don't like that's your burden!! Which feats ?

Uriel005
the ones you ignore and will continue to ignore even as they are posted.

quanchi112
the ones you ignore and will continue to ignore even as they are posted. Name them. If they were already posted then tell me what I ignored.

the Darkone
the ones you ignore and will continue to ignore even as they are posted.

exactly erm, thats why I consider debating quan pointless, you better off arguing with a 2 yr old at least they have excuse. wink

the Darkone
PC Mordru stomps, as much I respect thanos he cant beat a being that can attacked you from another dimension, absorbs sky father like beings like it's childs play, cant die permanently, too much he can do too Thanos without killing him. Being curse by death is Thanos true ace without it he is beaten and absorb or BFR, besides his intelligence, Thanos would need PIS in his favor to get a win over PC Mordru!

quanchi112
PC Mordru stomps, as much I respect thanos he cant beat a being that can attacked you from another dimension, absorbs sky father like beings like it's childs play, cant die permanently, too much he can do too Thanos without killing him. Being curse by death is Thanos true ace without it he is beaten and absorb or BFR, besides his intelligence, Thanos would need PIS in his favor to get a win over PC Mordru! Darkseid absorbed him. Originally posted by the Darkone
exactly erm, thats why I consider debating quan pointless, you better off arguing with a 2 yr old at least they have excuse. wink So you concede ?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>