Team Fire vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Ghost Rider
Human Torch
Sunfire
Firestorm
Firelord
Firestar
Pyro

vs

Thor Odinson

Stoic
Thor

Glorificus
Fire Team easy.

zopzop
Team. A PISless Firelord can hold his own vs Thor. Add in Ghost Rider and Firestorm and it's spite.

The others are a joke though.

cdtm
Spite against Thor.

Some of these character are close fights by themselves, like, ah.. Pyro, I guess. ^_^;

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Team. A PISless Firelord can hold his own vs Thor. Add in Ghost Rider and Firestorm and it's spite.

The others are a joke though.

If Thor fought Firelord the way he fought Nul, I have my doubts about Kril doing very well. Most of Team Fire are fodder from jump street, and Kril would really be Thor's biggest problem. I agree though that if Thor fights the way he sometimes does, that he would likely be taken.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Spite against Thor.

Some of these character are close fights by themselves, like, ah.. Pyro, I guess. ^_^;

Pyro would get owned something fierce. You do know that Thor has been in the sun right, I can't really see many of these guys even being able to singe him at his best showings concerning flame resistance. Firestar may be a problem though because her powers are microwave based.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
If Thor fought Firelord the way he fought Nul,

And if Firelord and other Heralds of Galactus fought like they actually have the Power Cosmic (and not just randomly blast and punch things), they'd be a lot more interesting. But that's neither here nor there.

PISless Firelord has swatted Mjolnir away like a child's toy on more than one occasion and stood his ground vs Thor. Now add in Firestorm and Ghost Rider? Spite against THor.

Stoic
And if Firelord and other Heralds of Galactus fought like they actually have the Power Cosmic (and not just randomly blast and punch things), they'd be a lot more interesting. But that's neither here nor there.

PISless Firelord has swatted Mjolnir away like a child's toy on more than one occasion and stood his ground vs Thor. Now add in Firestorm and Ghost Rider? Spite against THor.

Your right if he fights in character, but if he went apeshit, and disregarded the more fragile character, Ghost Rider would be swept away like a leaf in a storm. And the fragile mortal characters would die within the first 5 seconds of combat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tbh, Thor would probably punk Firelord nowadays but I like to remember the old school Thomas incarnation (Although he wasn't going all out then either).

Still, team should take it. Firestorm, Firelord, and Ghost Rider (Assuming this is a useful incarnation like v3 Blaze, as he'd treat most like a joke) should be enough to beat down Thor. He has shown extreme resistance to the type of attacks they use but he isn't all together immune to them. With Mjolnir in hand and just a bit of intelligence, I can't see how they'd go about putting him down but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sundipped
Would the Pennance Stare work on Thor?

Sr J-Bieb
Team easily, 10/10

JakeTheBank
About half of this team is fodder.

Unfortunately, the other half is definitely not.

Sr J-Bieb
Human Torch also has the Cosmic Control Rod right now too

This team would wipe out any single herald level being easily

Slaanesh
this is spite..there's no way Thor can survive this..

abhilegend
Spite.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Pyro would get owned something fierce. You do know that Thor has been in the sun right, I can't really see many of these guys even being able to singe him at his best showings concerning flame resistance. Firestar may be a problem though because her powers are microwave based.
Human Torch, Firestorm, Firelord and Ghost Rider aren't strictly flamers only. At their best, Torch has the Cosmic Control Rod; Firestorm is Firestorm; Firelord has the Power Cosmic; and Ghost Rider...well, he's a different beast altogether, being mystical and all.

leonidas
thor gets demolished everytime.

abhilegend
Hasn't annihilus almost killed thor untill odin intervened IIRC and most of his power resides in cosmic controll rod, right?

Sin I AM
spite...unless thor has an amp of some sort

Parmaniac

The others are a joke though. thumb up

celeyhyga17
Thor gets stomped.

thor is getting spitroasted and not the way he likes it

Oliver North
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This team would wipe out any single herald level being easily

meh, penance stare notwithstanding, Starhawk takes a majority

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Oliver North
meh, penance stare notwithstanding, Starhawk takes a majority
Pshh.. Luv Starhawk, but he(or she) ain't beatin this team.

Oliver North
He's shrugged off blasts from Firelord and can survive in the middle of a sun, what am I missing?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sin I AM
spite...unless thor has an amp of some sort

This

JakeTheBank
He's shrugged off blasts from Firelord and can survive in the middle of a sun, what am I missing?

So has Thor, tbf.

Oliver North
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So has Thor, tbf.

From how I understand it, if he uses Mjolnir effectively, he should be able to outright absorb the fire energy from most of these characters into the hammer(?), though probably not as his first attack.

I suppose I don't know much about Firestorm, but I'd put Thor and Starhawk above the entire list in terms of power. The fact Starhawk is living light and specifically manipulates that kind of energy makes me think he may perform better in this fight, but I agree Thor beats the team. Too much exotic stuff he can pull out.

JakeTheBank
I don't think Thor would beat this team without either an amp or some drastic circumstances. Firelord alone has given Thor competitive fights, and with the others backing him, the team should be able to beat virtually any herald.

celeyhyga17
Not how it works. We can't just use highs. Thor has been put down or hurt by less. I'm not talking about ridiculous lows like every herald has.
From how I understand it, if he uses Mjolnir effectively, he should be able to outright absorb the fire energy from most of these characters into the hammer(?), though probably not as his first attack.

I suppose I don't know much about Firestorm, but I'd put Thor and Starhawk above the entire list in terms of power. The fact Starhawk is living light and specifically manipulates that kind of energy makes me think he may perform better in this fight, but I agree Thor beats the team. Too much exotic stuff he can pull out. Too many factors and players for Thor to do "energy drain" just like that. We have at least a herald, 2 if we're counting Firestorm taking him head on while the others pour it on.

We even have Firelord on-panel matching Thor in combat. Now we add the likes of Firestorm, Sunfire, Human Torch, Firestar, Ghost Rider, and Pyro? Thor ain't winning this.

Oliver North
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't think Thor would beat this team without either an amp or some drastic circumstances. Firelord alone has given Thor competitive fights, and with the others backing him, the team should be able to beat virtually any herald.

I'll concede to your knowledge on Thor, but in terms of Starhawk vs Firelord, it was fairly clearly implied in GotG that Starhawk was the superior of the two. w/e, if enough people want to argue it we can open a different thread, I just don't see what the team would do to Starhawk.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Not how it works. We can't just use highs. Thor has been put down or hurt by less. I'm not talking about ridiculous lows like every herald has.

I was responding to the claim that no herald could beat that team, and that is hardly a high showing for SH, merely the most directly relevant to the thread.

Too many factors and players for Thor to do "energy drain" just like that. We have at least a herald, 2 if we're counting Firestorm taking him head on while the others pour it on.

We even have Firelord on-panel matching Thor in combat. Now we add the likes of Firestorm, Sunfire, Human Torch, Firestar, Ghost Rider, and Pyro? Thor ain't winning this.

hey, I'll take your word for it, that being said, 4/7 of those characters should go down almost immediately. If you are saying Firelord can match Thor well enough, cool, I honestly wouldn't have guessed it.

Colossus-Big C
Didnt Thor Visit Atum within the core of the sun?

Hes immune to fire

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Black Adam solos easily. Spite.
I agree thumb up

celeyhyga17
I'll concede to your knowledge on Thor, but in terms of Starhawk vs Firelord, it was fairly clearly implied in GotG that Starhawk was the superior of the two. w/e, if enough people want to argue it we can open a different thread, I just don't see what the team would do to Starhawk.
When was this? Issues please if u have.
I was responding to the claim that no herald could beat that team, and that is hardly a high showing for SH, merely the most directly relevant to the thread.What high showing for Shawk?

Oliver North
When was this? Issues please if u have.

GotG v1 04

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15889991_04.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15889992_05.jpg

Its not the strongest implication, but SH certainly is unharmed by FL and talks him into doing what he wants.

What high showing for Shawk?

do you mean what are SHawks highest feats?

h1a8
Originally posted by majid86
Ghost Rider
Human Torch
Sunfire
Firestorm
Firelord
Firestar
Pyro

vs

Thor Odinson

Firelord alone could match Thor well.

celeyhyga17
GotG v1 04

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15889991_04.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/15889992_05.jpg

Its not the strongest implication, but SH certainly is unharmed by FL and talks him into doing what he wants.

do you mean what are SHawks highest feats?
Actually have that comic somewhere. That was really a non-fight. No where in that scan shows Shawk above Firelord.
Nvm about Shawk's high feats.

Anyways, even without Firelord, this team would give Thor a tough run through.

pym-ftw
Thor if he fights competently, if he forgots everything except how to swing the hammer he gets stomped though

armedforbattle
I feel like Ghost Rider is getting no love here...

Tornatic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hasn't annihilus almost killed thor untill odin intervened IIRC and most of his power resides in cosmic controll rod, right?

I think so but then Thor won a rematch if I recall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.