Prime inside the sun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What being Skyfather or below can beat Superboy Prime inside the sun.

They cant change the sun at all...they can't remove him from the sun either. This is a fight. Who can beat him? No bfring, no blowing up the sun.

Sundipped
Did you mean they "can't" change the sun?

No one can beat him under these conditions.

carver9
Originally posted by Sundipped

Yeah, I edited it.

Stoic

There are ancient magics that could probably take Prime down even under these conditions. Every character has a weakness. There may also be those with enormous psi talents that may be able to take full control of him, and force the victory.

JakeTheBank
Superman.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Stoic
There are ancient magics that could probably take Prime down even under these conditions. Every character has a weakness. There may also be those with enormous psi talents that may be able to take full control of him, and force the victory.

Don't forget that magic is basically useless. Just ask Mordru. Psi based attacks would be the only (& I mean only) option. Even at that (insert being) better do it fast before they get their face lifted. Literally.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Stoic

I would agree but prime showed high resistance to "physical" magic and since this is no bfr'ing physical magic is almost the only option.

Sr J-Bieb
Superman Prime with the Guardian Amp

Iron Fist

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
What being Skyfather or below can beat Superboy Prime inside the sun.

They cant change the sun at all...they can't remove him from the sun either. This is a fight. Who can beat him? No bfring, no blowing up the sun.

Prime is a PC kryptonian. He doesn't store solar energy, just awakens his latent powers in the presence of a yellow sun. That's why he threw every hero off him in SCW by just a ray of light touching his hand. He can't become stronger in the sun. I would say superman beats him in the sun.

SquallX
Originally posted by abhilegend
Prime is a PC kryptonian. He doesn't store solar energy, just awakens his latent powers in the presence of a yellow sun. That's why he threw every hero off him in SCW by just a ray of light touching his hand. He can't become stronger in the sun. I would say superman beats him in the sun.

I thought he just lost the energy faster.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Iron Fist

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhyofILSc1qc7m9h.gif

Sirius77
We cant really make a judgement because we haven't seen a sun-amped Prime. In fact, we rarely see a full-powered Prime.

So essentially what this is saying is: no weakness exploitation allowed. As a result of his continuous exposure to the yellow sun, we can say (with something more than pure conjecture) that he will never be without a power source throughout this battle regardless of who he fights.

Anyway, with that said, I agree with this:

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Superman Prime with the Guardian Amp

Sundipped

I was under the impression he could become stronger in the sun due to his comments toward Luthor stating "its been so long since I've been in the sun" right after he punched and altered reality in a weakened state.

abhilegend
That was Kal-L, not prime IIRC.

abhilegend
If prime is fighting superman, he would have to counter this type of healing factor alongside superman's ridiculous durability when sundipped
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
Superman rapidly absorbs solar energy to regain his powers. He was almost a skeleton after having been drained.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7320/manofsteel050p18mf4.th.jpghttp://img516.imageshack.us/img516/660/manofsteel050p19cy7.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1623/manofsteel050p20pe2.th.jpg

Sundipped
That was Kal-L, not prime IIRC.

This is what I was referring to:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/notfull.jpg

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman.
thumb up
thumb up

This is what I was referring to:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/notfull.jpg

SBP doesn't lose his powers the moment he's out of yellow sunlight. That scan and the fact that he's fought through the night prove that. Unlike Superman though, he doesn't seem to be able to keep gaining in power with increased sunlight exposure. SBP is a battery with a maximum power charge, that charges really quickly. Superman is a battery with no maximum charge that we know of.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Cogito

SBP doesn't lose his powers the moment he's out of yellow sunlight. That scan and the fact that he's fought through the night prove that. Unlike Superman though, he doesn't seem to be able to keep gaining in power with increased sunlight exposure. SBP is a battery with a maximum power charge, that charges really quickly. Superman is a battery with no maximum charge that we know of.

I thought that Primes physical composition was/is identical to the primary mainstream Kryptonians except that Prime needs constant exposure to solar rays while the others don't, hence the reason for the AM armor.

The scan was just to respond to abhillegend saying he can't become stronger in the sun when on panel Prime stated its been so long since he's been "in" the sun, indicating he can powerup from actually being in it as well as from a few seconds of direct exposure to solar rays. Also what evidence is there that Prime can't exceed his maximum level if he spent a certain amount of time sundipped? You know ,being that his physical composition is identical to the other Kryptonians.

carver9
There is no proof...he should be able to jump up in power just like any other kryptonian.

Cogito
There is no proof...he should be able to jump up in power just like any other kryptonian.

But he's not like any other Kryptonian.

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito
But he's not like any other Kryptonian.

Why not? Krytonite weakens him, red sunlight drains his powers, yellow sunlight gives him his powers. What's the difference minus him being physically more powerful?

DarkSaint85
Why not? Krytonite weakens him, red sunlight drains his powers, yellow sunlight gives him his powers. What's the difference minus him being physically more powerful?

Oooh. Prob shouldn't have brought up Kryptonite...

Plus, with Prime, magic 'tickles'.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Oooh. Prob shouldn't have brought up Kryptonite...

Plus, with Prime, magic 'tickles'.

Depends on where the kryptonite is from...in that universe, the radiation of the kryptonite wasn't the same as the radiation of his home world kryptonite which made him immune to it.

Magic doesn't affect Prime as much due to his physical toughness and lol at those small blast Mordu was using against him...of course they would tickle.

DarkSaint85
Depends on where the kryptonite is from...in that universe, the radiation of the kryptonite wasn't the same as the radiation of his home world kryptonite which made him immune to it.

Magic doesn't affect Prime as much due to his physical toughness and lol at those small blast Mordu was using against him...of course they would tickle.

Exactly, I'm just saying that there does seem to be certain differences between Prime and Kal. And I was referring to when Black Adam was punching him:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/truestrength/black%20adam/908357-superman_prime_vs_black_adam.jpg

Also, when Zauriel tries:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/576/328479-tofastforgl_super.jpg

carver9
Exactly, I'm just saying that there does seem to be certain differences between Prime and Kal. And I was referring to when Black Adam was punching him:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/truestrength/black%20adam/908357-superman_prime_vs_black_adam.jpg

Also, when Zauriel tries:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/576/328479-tofastforgl_super.jpg

confused Prime screamed out in pain from Adam punches.

DarkSaint85
confused Prime screamed out in pain from Adam punches.

confused You never heard of rope-a-dope?

carver9
confused You never heard of rope-a-dope?

Lol...yes but he screamed out in pain. No one scream out in pain from being tickled. It hurt him. That was a nice ft from him withstanding those punches without being koed...anyone else would have dropped. Wish the fight would have lasted longer.

TheLordofMurder
Proteus should be able to defeat Prime in the sun; reality warp him into a normal human or reality warp him so that being inside the sun harms him...

As was stated earlier, one would have to possess tremendous psionic ability or (as I believe) have tremendous reality warping power to defeat Prime inside the sun...

Proteus fits the bill...

DarkSaint85
Lol...yes but he screamed out in pain. No one scream out in pain from being tickled. It hurt him. That was a nice ft from him withstanding those punches without being koed...anyone else would have dropped. Wish the fight would have lasted longer.

Prove that it was pain, and not surprise, or him doing it to lull Adam into a fall sense of security. After all, he WAS taking it...what's that phrase you always use with the Hulk? Taking it with a smile, lol.

Also, you failed to notice the direct mention to magic when fighting Zauriel......

Also, whilst you've explained why Kryptonite from Kal's universe won't affect Prime, the mere fact that it won't shows he's different from every other Kryptonian in Kal's universe.

carver9
I always considered Proteus as a cheat character...his powers are insane. Please use someone else.

TheLordofMurder
I always considered Proteus as a cheat character...his powers are insane. Please use someone else.

Thats cool...

I gotta really think about it then; after Proteus, the list drops off to practically no one really really fast...

Maybe a high end High Evolutionary can devolve him...

carver9
Prove that it was pain, and not surprise, or him doing it to lull Adam into a fall sense of security. After all, he WAS taking it...what's that phrase you always use with the Hulk? Taking it with a smile, lol.

Also, you failed to notice the direct mention to magic when fighting Zauriel......

Also, whilst you've explained why Kryptonite from Kal's universe won't affect Prime, the mere fact that it won't shows he's different from every other Kryptonian in Kal's universe.

Aaaarrrgh...that's a sound of pain. Why would I need to prove he was playing when he clearly screamed out in pain. If Hulk would have said that, then I know he was hurt...Hulk didmt even say that when Thor was wailing on him during fear itself.

I agree with you the Zauriel ft.

Prime already explained why the kryptonite from their universe didn't harm him. He isn't immune to kryptonite...just kryptonite from that universe.

DarkSaint85
Aaaarrrgh...that's a sound of pain. Why would I need to prove he was playing when he clearly screamed out in pain. If Hulk would have said that, then I know he was hurt...Hulk didmt even say that when Thor was wailing on him during fear itself.

So by that logic, the first punch (not punches) from BA hurt him, but subsequent ones didn't? Because, as he didn't go 'aargh', he must therefore not be hurt, if your indication of being hurt are the sounds they make?

He isn't immune to kryptonite...just kryptonite from that universe.

Which is....different to EVERY OTHER KRYPTONIAN in the current universe, correct?

Of course, its arguable that if Kal went to Prime's universe, he'd be immune to the Kryptonite there - which would make him different to that universe's Kryptonians, no?

carver9
So by that logic, the first punch (not punches) from BA hurt him, but subsequent ones didn't? Because, as he didn't go 'aargh', he must therefore not be hurt, if your indication of being hurt are the sounds they make?

Which is....different to EVERY OTHER KRYPTONIAN in the current universe, correct?

Of course, its arguable that if Kal went to Prime's universe, he'd be immune to the Kryptonite there - which would make him different to that universe's Kryptonians, no?

Sigh*, he was hurt...it might was temporary but Black Adam caused him pain. Why dispute this?

Didn't Superman once travel to a different plane and was unaffected by kryptonite of that universe? I think that did happen before...cant remember the issue.

Sirius77
So far this thread has been pretty ridiculous.

1. Where does it (or has it ever) said that Prime cannot sun-dip? He's never done it sure, but unless someone has evidence that he can't then it is simply conjecture, and poor conjecture at that to imply such a thing.

@Carver
2. Also, are we really arguing that Prime was affected by Adam's punches? He literally looked at him with a smile and no blood on his face. Black Adam was going all out. The same one that in the same arc pushed Psycho Pirate's mask through his head, and ripped off Amazo's head. Prime chuckled and said his punches "tickle." Adam was bloodlusted, and Prime brushed him off.

NemeBro
confused Prime screamed out in pain from Adam punches. Prime was trolling Black Adam. The magic didn't hurt him, and the punches barely hurt him, if at all.

This thread requires a lot of guesswork, we have no idea if SBP can sundip or what would happen if he did.

DarkSaint85
Hehe, fair enough, I can concede that the first punch hurt, if you then concede later ones tickled, as shown on panel, clearly, with Superboy smiling, and no bleeding whatsoever :-p

As for the different plane thing, probably. Which again, would make him different from Kryptonians in that universe.....

Say you have an allergy to nuts. I have an allergy to shellfish. We both are allergic to types of food, this is true. But where we are DIFFERENT, is that we have different allergies - I really don't know how else to break it down....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.