Klaw vs... Iceman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
who wins

Parmaniac
If anyone then Klaw

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Parmaniac
If anyone then Klaw

how so? im intrigued

Parmaniac
Klaw's jobbing isn't as bad as Iceman's is. Klaw could shatter Iceman, while Iceman actually shoudldn't be able to do shit to Klaw, so Klaw would kinda have a offensive advantage.

Mainly I'm going with a stalemate but like I said if anyone wins it should be Klaw.

If we use "CIS/PISless Iceman" I have no clue what would happen.

Sin I AM
good answer, let me contermplate my response

zopzop
Klaw 10/10. Iceman can't do anything to Klaw. Literally can't do a thing to stop him.

Klaw's solid sound body is immune to extremes in temperature, his solid sound constructs would wreck Iceman, he also has powerful ranged attacks that would shatter Iceman to a million pieces. All this assumes he doesn't just use his soundwaves to deafen/nauseate Iceman and KO him like that.

Lord Feron
WOuld Iceman be able to freeze Klaw in place? in like a massice block of ice? or think klaw will just sound blast out of it?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Lord Feron
WOuld Iceman be able to freeze Klaw in place? in like a massice block of ice? or think klaw will just sound blast out of it?

thats what i was thinking....encase in im a block of ice, even if he's sound based he still takes physical form, and as such should still be affected

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he still takes physical form, and as such should still be affected And exactly that's not the case.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Parmaniac
And exactly that's not the case.

enlighten me

Parmaniac
IDK how it works but even when he "solidifies" he's still sound and actually can't get harmed physically. Black Panther used his Vibranium claws which absorb energy and Rulk used his energy drain abilities too to defeat him. Usually physical attacks don't really bother him.

Blair Wind
Iceman has frozen energy beams and beings before. erm

iceman24567
Iceman turns Klaw into icecube

leonidas
sound is all vibration based. seems, in theory, iceman should be the perfect counter to klaw. absolute zero=zero vibrational energy. don't really see a logical way klaw can win this.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
sound is all vibration based. seems, in theory, iceman should be the perfect counter to klaw. absolute zero=zero vibrational energy. don't really see a logical way klaw can win this.

It's not that simple. For example, sound can't even exist in a vacuum but Klaw can. Molecule Man created a vacuum prison for Klaw and not only wasn't he dispersed, he broke out.

So if his solid sound body violated one of the scientific rules for sound, I'm sure freezing him won't work either.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
It's not that simple. For example, sound can't even exist in a vacuum but Klaw can. Molecule Man created a vacuum prison for Klaw and not only wasn't he dispersed, he broke out.

So if his solid sound body violated one of the scientific rules for sound, I'm sure freezing him won't work either.

he could live in a vacuum because his body is a self-contained place. his POWERS shouldn't work, but that rule is violated all the time. absolute freezing is much different than that. there is no logical way bobby shouldn't win this quite easily by simply stopping all vibration in his body.

Raptor22
sound is all vibration based. seems, in theory, iceman should be the perfect counter to klaw. absolute zero=zero vibrational energy. don't really see a logical way klaw can win this. I was thinking something along the same lines but I had 2 doubts. First can bobby reach absolute zero, and if he can how long would it take?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Raptor22
I was thinking something along the same lines but I had 2 doubts. First can bobby reach absolute zero, and if he can how long would it take?

yes he can...he did it during the children of the vault saga

zopzop
he could live in a vacuum because his body is a self-contained place. his POWERS shouldn't work, but that rule is violated all the time. absolute freezing is much different than that. there is no logical way bobby shouldn't win this quite easily by simply stopping all vibration in his body.

Even assuming that freezing would work (whereas stopping him by placing him in a vacuum failed spectacularly), what's to say Iceman survives the solid sound constructs and destructive ranged attacks Klaw would be dishing out?

This is Klaw's fight to lose.

leonidas
bobby can and has been dispersed into....pretty well nothingness and reformed pretty easily. klaw could get the first attack, shatter bobby (assuming he could get through bobby's shields) but it wouldn't matter. he could reform and freeze him. i really see no way--logically--for klaw to win this match. a forum bobby is, at times, quite a bit different from the comic bobby.

zopzop
bobby can and has been dispersed into....pretty well nothingness and reformed pretty easily. klaw could get the first attack, shatter bobby (assuming he could get through bobby's shields) but it wouldn't matter. he could reform and freeze him. i really see no way--logically--for klaw to win this match. a forum bobby is, at times, quite a bit different from the comic bobby.

What's stopping Klaw from bubbling Iceman in a sound construct and ending the fight like that? Klaw can't die, he's living sound. Is Iceman that durable? Has it been shown on panel (and not just in theory)? I've never been impressed with Iceman. He's a joke. sick

Blair Wind
What's stopping Klaw from bubbling Iceman in a sound construct and ending the fight like that? Klaw can't die, he's living sound. Is Iceman that durable? Has it been shown on panel (and not just in theory)? I've never been impressed with Iceman. He's a joke. sick

Iceman can't be beat through physical means. He can be shattered and reform instantly - the only time this has not been the case is if he is blown up in human form and (mid-explosion) turns into ice. As ice he can shift his conscious wherever he wants meaning Klaw shattering him 12121412232121 times won't make a difference. And yes, this has been shown on panel.

basilisk
Even assuming that freezing would work (whereas stopping him by placing him in a vacuum failed spectacularly), what's to say Iceman survives the solid sound constructs and destructive ranged attacks Klaw would be dishing out?

This is Klaw's fight to lose. I think that placing him in a vacuum would possibly fail because he is his own self-contained system of vibrating... something. By definition it was no longer a vacuum because there was something imprisoned in there. Like putting a guy in spacesuit inside a vacuum - doesn't work, at least in the short term.

But reducing him to at or close to absolute zero should work. He is supposed to be sound waves after all, not some exotic energy. He wouldn't necessarily be destroyed depending on how close to zero he gets, but he should be severely restricted.

That's if Iceman survives his attacks long enough to do it.

zopzop
Originally posted by basilisk
I think that placing him in a vacuum would possibly fail because he is his own self-contained system of vibrating... something. By definition it was no longer a vacuum because there was something imprisoned in there. Like putting a guy in spacesuit inside a vacuum - doesn't work, at least in the short term.

But reducing him to at or close to absolute zero should work. He is supposed to be sound waves after all, not some exotic energy. He wouldn't necessarily be destroyed depending on how close to zero he gets, but he should be severely restricted.

That's if Iceman survives his attacks long enough to do it.

But that's the thing though, when he was placed in a vacuum by Quasar earlier his body complete broke down into "nothing" leaving only his blaster. He's learned to somehow exist in a vacuum (breaking natural laws). That's why I said Iceman freezing him to absolute zero wouldn't necessarily work.

Here's the Quasar incident :
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6510/vsklaw.jpg

iceman24567
But that's the thing though, when he was placed in a vacuum by Quasar earlier his body complete broke down into "nothing" leaving only his blaster. He's learned to somehow exist in a vacuum (breaking natural laws). That's why I said Iceman freezing him to absolute zero wouldn't necessarily work.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6510/vsklaw.jpg LoL were those new Jersey guido's? laughing

zopzop
Originally posted by iceman24567
LoL were those new Jersey guido's? laughing

No this fight took place in the mid west.

Sin I AM

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6510/vsklaw.jpg

sound comes from vibrations of particles, and vibrations come from the heat of the particles, so if there is no heat, then there can be no movement so there's no sound ...if he can create an area where particles cease to move then klaw wont be able to use is powers, but im unsure how he'd be able to kill him

zopzop
sound comes from vibrations of particles, and vibrations come from the heat of the particles, so if there is no heat, then there can be no movement so there's no sound ...if he can create an area where particles cease to move then klaw wont be able to use is powers, but im unsure how he'd be able to kill him

He's learned to overcome not existing in a vacuum.
Before -
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6510/vsklaw.th.jpg

Now -
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7046/newklaw.th.jpg

If he could overcome the laws of physics concerning existing in a vacuum, what makes you think the whole "freezing his molecules so they can't vibrate/use his powers" will work on him?

Sin I AM
He's learned to overcome not existing in a vacuum.
Before -
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6510/vsklaw.th.jpg

Now -
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7046/newklaw.th.jpg

If he could overcome the laws of physics concerning existing in a vacuum, what makes you think the whole "freezing his molecules so they can't vibrate/use his powers" will work on him?

its not freezing his molecules zop, its lowering the temperature of the surrounding area to the point where molecular motion stops thereby negating his power....if there is no ambient sound to amp off of how can he fight back?

zopzop
its not freezing his molecules zop, its lowering the temperature of the surrounding area to the point where molecular motion stops thereby negating his power....if there is no ambient sound to amp off of how can he fight back?

Yes I understand that but what I'm saying is, if he can overcome not existing (in a vacuum) then I'm sure he can overcome having his molecules slowed/stopped.

Sin I AM
Yes I understand that but what I'm saying is, if he can overcome not existing (in a vacuum) then I'm sure he can overcome having his molecules slowed/stopped.

your reaching. I wouldn't say he overcame not existing, rather his new prosthetic allowed him to maintain his form, it seemed a bit PISy since he cant amp without ambient sound and should not have been able to break free

leonidas
your reaching. I wouldn't say he overcame not existing, rather his new prosthetic allowed him to maintain his form, it seemed a bit PISy since he cant amp without ambient sound and should not have been able to break free

this. it really is a completely different scenario, and i don't think we can simply speculate that something 'illogical' may happen. it's klaw, not lobo....

zopzop

No, in a vacuum his body "collapsed into his prosthesis" it didn't allow him to maintain anything ,but we saw even that doesn't work on Klaw anymore. IMHO overcoming not existing in a vacuum would be harder than shaking off slowed/stopped molecules because of cold (assuming this would even work on him).

Sin I AM
No, in a vacuum his body "collapsed into his prosthesis" it didn't allow him to maintain anything ,but we saw even that doesn't work on Klaw anymore. IMHO overcoming not existing in a vacuum would be harder than shaking off slowed/stopped molecules because of cold (assuming this would even work on him).

hmmmmmmm.......how durable is his prosthetic? if its only simple metals can it be supercooled then broken

zopzop
hmmmmmmm.......how durable is his prosthetic? if its only simple metals can it be supercooled then broken

It's Vibranium.

Sin I AM
It's Vibranium.

i think your wrong...where did u see this?

zopzop
i think your wrong...where did u see this?

In his handbook entry and on panel somewhere.

zopzop
Well I was half right. It's made up of Molybdenum with Vibranium parts.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6396/sweapon.th.jpg

Sin I AM
In his handbook entry and on panel somewhere.

IIRC vibranium is his kryptonite...i believe its made of simple metals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.