Mordru VS Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Mordru- Classic PC/Levitz-Giffen

VS

Odin- Classic

Mage or Monarch?

SquallX
Mordru

quanchi112
Odin.

eragioz
I = nutnut

Uriel005
lol if anyone thinks odin won't get abosrbed

abhilegend
Mordru.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Odin.
How can someone weaker then Thanos beat Mordru?

SquallX
Originally posted by Estacado
How can someone weaker then Thanos beat Mordru?

no

quanchi112
How can someone weaker then Thanos beat Mordru? Thanos>Odin>Mordru. It isn't hard to follow.Originally posted by Uriel005
lol if anyone thinks odin won't get abosrbed Odin absorbs Mordru. Happens to the guy all the time.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos>Odin>Mordru.

No, no, no.

That pecking order is definitely off and by off I mean Thanos comes last in any iteration.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
No, no, no.

That pecking order is definitely off and by off I mean Thanos comes last in any iteration. Avatar of death far beyond these two. The guy brings down universes Mordru can't even beat the losh.

LordofBrooklyn
Avatar of death far beyond these two. The guy brings down universes Mordru can't even beat the losh.

I believe the default standard is that everyone is at their peak. If that is the case Thanos doesn't rank over Odin and especially not Mordru.

quanchi112
I believe the default standard is that everyone is at their peak. If that is the case Thanos doesn't rank over Odin and especially not Mordru. Thanos at his peak is with the heart. It's spite. Shame. Shame.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos at his peak is with the heart. It's spite. Shame. Shame.

Who in your opinion can legitimately beat Thanos one on one?

quanchi112
Who in your opinion can legitimately beat Thanos one on one? That's off topic.

LordofBrooklyn
That's off topic.

You're right.

1) Mordru
2) Odin
3) Thanos

There is always hope Thanos can get an upgrade and make it up the ladder.

quanchi112
You're right.

1) Mordru
2) Odin
3) Thanos

There is always hope Thanos can get an upgrade and make it up the ladder. He's an avatar of death far beyond the likes of these two. I mean Celestials and Galactus were mere pawns and unable to cause death in Thanos Imperative. He's that powerful in this story. It ceases to be challenging debating for a character this powerful and this intelligent.

Uriel005
Avatar of death doesn't do squat when death itself can't kill the person in question... Mordru is quite literally by design incapable of losing due to permanent death. nice try though. Combined with the fact that at his peak he was trolling Nabu and Shazam the latter of which I'd give a majority to against either Thanos or Odin

trogdorpip

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uriel005
Avatar of death doesn't do squat when death itself can't kill the person in question... Mordru is quite literally by design incapable of losing due to permanent death. nice try though. Combined with the fact that at his peak he was trolling Nabu and Shazam the latter of which I'd give a majority to against either Thanos or Odin So were the beings in the cancerverse.

Uriel005
except for the fact that the reason why cancerverse beings weren't effected was because they had stopped death on account of the many angled ones and Mar-vel's dickery.... Mordru just never had death in the cards to begin with... So stating that thanos finding a way to stop the cancerverse by letting his ass get beat to death is in no way the same in context as how he would defeat mordru whose inability to die is independent from the lack of death in the universe. BTW Mordru >>> Lord crazypants marvel and his allies. So he still beats thanos' ass into dust anyways.

zeel
For god sake get back on topic people. Get thanos outta this thread.

as for the original topic of Mordru vs odin 50/50

Odin is in for the fight of his life.

kilzzjo
I = nutnut

quanchi112
except for the fact that the reason why cancerverse beings weren't effected was because they had stopped death on account of the many angled ones and Mar-vel's dickery.... Mordru just never had death in the cards to begin with... So stating that thanos finding a way to stop the cancerverse by letting his ass get beat to death is in no way the same in context as how he would defeat mordru whose inability to die is independent from the lack of death in the universe. BTW Mordru >>> Lord crazypants marvel and his allies. So he still beats thanos' ass into dust anyways. Death didn't exist because it was destroyed. Mordru may be unkillable but Thanos has already proven the power to kill them.

Uriel005
^once again proving that arguing with a brick wall is useless.

Uriel005
Originally posted by zeel
For god sake get back on topic people. Get thanos outta this thread.

as for the original topic of Mordru vs odin 50/50

Odin is in for the fight of his life. against a top notch Mordru Odin doesn't stand a chance. Mordru as is his position as a lord of chaos/order/whatever it is that mordru actually represented because he really didn't favor either side with the reveal that he would be last man standing on either side after absorbing all the lords of order and chaos.... is a better practitioner of magic than odin and could in all likelihood take the odinforce for his own.

SquallX
Death didn't exist because it was destroyed. Mordru may be unkillable but Thanos has already proven the power to kill them.

Stop using ****ing double standards, and taking shits out of context.

Fact- The Cancer verse can still die, they just don't stay dead.
Fact- Mordru has no beginning nor and end.
Fact- Mordru is immune to death.
Fact- You take anything about Thanos and twist it around to feed your fanboyism, yet denies a character it's feat if it can kill you're precious character.

quanchi112
^once again proving that arguing with a brick wall is useless. I've posted scans already backing my claim Thanos can kill the unkillables. You saying Mordru can survive is just your unsupported opinion.Originally posted by SquallX
Stop using ****ing double standards, and taking shits out of context.

Fact- The Cancer verse can still die, they just don't stay dead.
Fact- Mordru has no beginning nor and end.
Fact- Mordru is immune to death.
Fact- You take anything about Thanos and twist it around to feed your fanboyism, yet denies a character it's feat if it can kill you're precious character. Thanos brings permanent death. That's correct. Mordru isn't immune to death he's just hard to kill. The guy can also be ko'd or absorbed.

Uriel005
^ Unkillable for different reasons.... Thanos abilitiy is derived from death itself... Death itself does nothing to Mordru... See the problem there. Mordru predates death and will outlast death.... Besides that ability to kill the unkillable relies on Thanos being able to actually beat said opponent. Which he can't in any case.

quanchi112
^ Unkillable for different reasons.... Thanos abilitiy is derived from death itself... Death itself does nothing to Mordru... See the problem there. Mordru predates death and will outlast death.... Besides that ability to kill the unkillable relies on Thanos being able to actually beat said opponent. Which he can't in any case. Predating something doesn't mean you are unable to be hurt/destroyed by it.

Thanos has the power to do so as far less has defeated an amped Mordru.

Uriel005
ignoring the point that the actual death can't do squat to mordru and hoping that some avatar will doesn't change the fact that mordru regardless for his immunity to thanos on account of that crazy beard manliness going for him still blasts thanos into his component atoms and turns him into a puppy dog ugly as sin. btw sin i am that is in no way directed at you. big grin

quanchi112
ignoring the point that the actual death can't do squat to mordru and hoping that some avatar will doesn't change the fact that mordru regardless for his immunity to thanos on account of that crazy beard manliness going for him still blasts thanos into his component atoms and turns him into a puppy dog ugly as sin. btw sin i am that is in no way directed at you. big grin Far less than the abstract death has defeated him. In lo3 he was amped and easily fell. The guy folds all the time. His destiny is to fold time and time again. smile

iceman24567
Thanos isn't in this thread but if he was the force from Odin and Mordru fighting would one shot him

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos isn't in this thread but if he was the force from Odin and Mordru fighting would one shot him Even though Galactus didn't. Get real.

carver9
against a top notch Mordru Odin doesn't stand a chance. Mordru as is his position as a lord of chaos/order/whatever it is that mordru actually represented because he really didn't favor either side with the reveal that he would be last man standing on either side after absorbing all the lords of order and chaos.... is a better practitioner of magic than odin and could in all likelihood take the odinforce for his own.

You must forgot what a top notch Odin can do?

Uriel005
Originally posted by carver9
You must forgot what a top notch Odin can do? so he's taken in infinite power multiple times. been in command of all magics of the universe as lord of sorcerer's world. Being superior/equal to Glorith who I'd say is about or above classic timetrapper whose >>> Odin IMO. Additionally top notch Mordru has shown himself to be above both Nabu and Shazam. Nothing against Odin mind you I just happen to feel that a high end lord of order/chaos is a bit beyond him. But thats just personal opinion.

quanchi112
so he's taken in infinite power multiple times. been in command of all magics of the universe as lord of sorcerer's world. Being superior/equal to Glorith who I'd say is about or above classic timetrapper whose >>> Odin IMO. Additionally top notch Mordru has shown himself to be above both Nabu and Shazam. Nothing against Odin mind you I just happen to feel that a high end lord of order/chaos is a bit beyond him. But thats just personal opinion. Mordru was defeated despite being amped. Odin easily absorbs him.

cdtm
Mordru wins.

abhilegend
Mordru was defeated despite being amped. Odin easily absorbs him.
Based on? Who has odin absorbed equal to mordru?

Damborgson
I gotta stop reading quanchis posts on Thanos. I'm starting to not like him as much as I used to. :/

Uriel005
I love how he can't stop bringing thanos wanking into threads. That said still backing Mordru as an overall superior magic user to Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Based on? Who has odin absorbed equal to mordru? Surtur is his superior and he's absorbed him.

Estacado
Odin got his ass handed to him by ants he loses.313

quanchi112
Odin got his ass handed to him by ants he loses.313 That is canon but is an aberration. Mordru is destined to lose no matter what hero or heroes he faces. smile

Estacado
That is canon but is an aberration. Mordru is destined to lose no matter what hero or heroes he faces. smile
Mordru is more powerful then ants so he wins by default.

quanchi112
Mordru is more powerful then ants so he wins by default. Odin is more powerful than the White Witch. The ants won by sheer numbers something Mordru doesn't have going for himself here.

abhilegend
Surtur is his superior and he's absorbed him.
Context? Based on what surtur is mordru's superior? Mordru absorbed Infinite man who trounced Time-trapper like a weak feeb.

abhilegend
Odin is more powerful than the White Witch. The ants won by sheer numbers something Mordru doesn't have going for himself here.
All villains are destined to lose. So according to your logic superman wins in every thread. Good to know.

quanchi112
Context? Based on what surtur is mordru's superior? Mordru absorbed Infinite man who trounced Time-trapper like a weak feeb. Mordru while amped with the magic of the universe was absorbed by the White Witch and has been absorbed by a weakened gds Darkseid. Surtur and Odin are both above Mordru by way of their showings/comparisons.

abhilegend
Mordru while amped with the magic of the universe was absorbed by the White Witch and has been absorbed by a weakened gds Darkseid. Surtur and Odin are both above Mordru by way of their showings/comparisons.
Once again reading comprehension ftw.
Mordru- Classic PC/Levitz-Giffen

VS

Odin- Classic

Mage or Monarch?
What showings?

quanchi112
Once again reading comprehension ftw.

What showings? I don't follow up with certain writers and memorize which arcs are who I am simply debating each character at their best not dismissing showings simply because I want someone to win. I never ever do that. You do.

abhilegend
I don't follow up with certain writers and memorize which arcs are who I am simply debating each character at their best not dismissing showings simply because I want someone to win. I never ever do that. You do.
Lulz, so you can't comprehend different ages too.

quanchi112
Lulz, so you can't comprehend different ages too. I look at the character in their entirety you want to dismiss certain showings. I gave my opinion take it or leave it.

abhilegend
I look at the character in their entirety you want to dismiss certain showings. I gave my opinion take it or leave it.
OP specified a certain era, any showing before or after is invalid. You really think your opinion actually matters or anyone takes you seriously!! Lulz.

quanchi112
OP specified a certain era, any showing before or after is invalid. You really think your opinion actually matters or anyone takes you seriously!! Lulz. I already told you my opinion applies to what I know about the characters I don't have the writers memorized here. It definitely does. smile

abhilegend
I already told you my opinion applies to what I know about the characters I don't have the writers memorized here. It definitely does. smile
Lulz. Mordru wins.

quanchi112
Lulz. Mordru wins. How can he resist Odin absorbing him ?

abhilegend
How can he resist Odin absorbing him ?
By absorbing odin like Infinite man.

quanchi112
By absorbing odin like Infinite man. When has Odin ever been absorbed ?

abhilegend
When has Odin ever been absorbed ?
Many things in life happen for first time.

quanchi112
Many things in life happen for first time. That gives it little credence while Mordru has been absorbed. My outcome has more creence than yours so mine has actually occurred.

Newjak
I'm not an expert on Mordru but Surtur did create twilight by forging it from an entire galaxy.

That's pretty impressive, don't know if Mordru has done something better than that.

JakeTheBank
Tbf, Classic Odin at the height of his power wouldn't get stomped by Mordru and its arguable he'd lose to begin with.

abhilegend
^Who talks about stomping here?

Uriel005
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Tbf, Classic Odin at the height of his power wouldn't get stomped by Mordru and its arguable he'd lose to begin with. Peak Mordru is head of sorcerer's world gives him control of all magic. He held that position for a while so peak mordru would probably stomp given that status. Also I'd put Shazam > Odin and Mordru at his peak is>> Shazam

JakeTheBank
Why would you put Shazam > Odin? Certainly not anywhere resembling a neutral battlezone, I'd imagine. I'd concede that Shazam might edge out Odin while in the RoE, but the same would hold true of Odin in Classic Asgard versus Shazam.

Afaik, Mordru being head of Sorcerer's World is something that is dependent on him being in or nearby Sorcerer's World, which again, doesn't mean much in a neutral setting.

quanchi112
Peak Mordru is head of sorcerer's world gives him control of all magic. He held that position for a while so peak mordru would probably stomp given that status. Also I'd put Shazam > Odin and Mordru at his peak is>> Shazam We saw the White Witch absorb Mordru with all all the remaining magic of the universe.

Uriel005
Why would you put Shazam > Odin? Certainly not anywhere resembling a neutral battlezone, I'd imagine. I'd concede that Shazam might edge out Odin while in the RoE, but the same would hold true of Odin in Classic Asgard versus Shazam.

Afaik, Mordru being head of Sorcerer's World is something that is dependent on him being in or nearby Sorcerer's World, which again, doesn't mean much in a neutral setting. Naw IIRC it's more the title that grants him the power. It's more akin to the title of sorcerer supreme. Also he has beaten Shazam at the RoE. Also I generally consider Lords of Order/Chaos as cosmics when they are written in their highest forms, Similarly to Sorcerer Supreme when acting in defense of universal threats to the universe though Sorcerer Supreme when dealing with the likes of Zom and ilk of similar status >> Lord of Order. However at peak Lord of Chaos I just believe that Mordru is superior. Again not knocking Odin but I personally hold Mordru's abilities against high end Nabu and Shazam as superior to Odin on top of his highly impressive team busting abilities and overall command of magic.

quanchi112
Naw IIRC it's more the title that grants him the power. It's more akin to the title of sorcerer supreme. Also he has beaten Shazam at the RoE. Also I generally consider Lords of Order/Chaos as cosmics when they are written in their highest forms, Similarly to Sorcerer Supreme when acting in defense of universal threats to the universe though Sorcerer Supreme when dealing with the likes of Zom and ilk of similar status >> Lord of Order. However at peak Lord of Chaos I just believe that Mordru is superior. Again not knocking Odin but I personally hold Mordru's abilities against high end Nabu and Shazam as superior to Odin on top of his highly impressive team busting abilities and overall command of magic. When di dMordru beat Shazam in the roe ?

JakeTheBank
Naw IIRC it's more the title that grants him the power. It's more akin to the title of sorcerer supreme. Also he has beaten Shazam at the RoE. Also I generally consider Lords of Order/Chaos as cosmics when they are written in their highest forms, Similarly to Sorcerer Supreme when acting in defense of universal threats to the universe though Sorcerer Supreme when dealing with the likes of Zom and ilk of similar status >> Lord of Order. However at peak Lord of Chaos I just believe that Mordru is superior. Again not knocking Odin but I personally hold Mordru's abilities against high end Nabu and Shazam as superior to Odin on top of his highly impressive team busting abilities and overall command of magic.

But beating Shazam in the RoE, which he really didn't do - at least not in an overt manner - doesn't mean he can beat Odin. Really, Shazam in the RoE displayed that he could hang with the Spectre for a time, which given Odin's feats, I have no reason to believe he couldn't replicate or even fare better than Shazam (I'm not arguing Odin would beat DoV Spectre, though). Shazam has a lot of implied power and status, but feat wise, he's a bit lacking. We know he can summon magical lightning and physically, he's at least as strong as Captain Marvel, but aside from that? Not a whole lot to go on, unfortunately.

Odin, on the other hand, has demonstrated a pretty wide array of powers and abilities and against threats of various kinds. He's decidedly more versatile than Shazam, and being honest, I'd favor him over Shazam in a neutral setting decisively and I think Classic Odin in Asgard packs more power than Shazam in the RoE at least based on feats. Even outside of Asgard, Odin is intense.

Mordru versus Odin is a lot closer, imo, and I'm really not 100% certain Mordru could get a sizeable majority on him being honest. I'm open to being convinced though.

Uriel005
But beating Shazam in the RoE, which he really didn't do - at least not in an overt manner - doesn't mean he can beat Odin. Really, Shazam in the RoE displayed that he could hang with the Spectre for a time, which given Odin's feats, I have no reason to believe he couldn't replicate or even fare better than Shazam (I'm not arguing Odin would beat DoV Spectre, though). Shazam has a lot of implied power and status, but feat wise, he's a bit lacking. We know he can summon magical lightning and physically, he's at least as strong as Captain Marvel, but aside from that? Not a whole lot to go on, unfortunately.

Odin, on the other hand, has demonstrated a pretty wide array of powers and abilities and against threats of various kinds. He's decidedly more versatile than Shazam, and being honest, I'd favor him over Shazam in a neutral setting decisively and I think Classic Odin in Asgard packs more power than Shazam in the RoE at least based on feats. Even outside of Asgard, Odin is intense.

Mordru versus Odin is a lot closer, imo, and I'm really not 100% certain Mordru could get a sizeable majority on him being honest. I'm open to being convinced though. Honestly there isn't much I could say to convince you that hasn't been said already. I'm cool with the idea that some people believe Odin could pull majority. However overall I'm just more partial to Mordru's feats than Odin when you want to call their highest feats into question. Odin at his height is a galaxy buster/universe shaker. Mordru as head of sorcerer's world and all it entails would be a ridiculously unfair advantage but that is him at one of his peak levels. Being able to defeat Infinite man even with Glorith along with Nabu, Shazam, Teams of PC characters who were at their height and in PC he was essentially only beaten due to his claustrophobia

ozz81
interesting thread..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.