Portgas D Ace vs Monkey D Luffy(Post Skip)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wakkawakkawakka
I watched a few of the anime episodes of One Piece and then this though came into my head. I wonder if anyone has made this comparison yet so I'll just ask; Who's be the victor between Ace and Luffy after the time-skip

I guess location is important and stuff so they fight in the town where Blackbeard found Ace.

TheAuraAngel
My money is on Luffy personally.

wakkawakkawakka
Hmm...not that I'm dissagreeing but doesn't Ace have that town busting attack, I think it's called Entei or something. Granted his durability is kind of sub-par from what I saw.

KingD19
As powerful as Luffy is, Devil Fruits still follow Paper, Scissors, Rock rules. Rubber can be melted by fire.

TheAuraAngel
Indeed, but I don't think he'd bust it out so quickly. If he did, Luffy would more than likely be able to avoid it.

Faster than lasers and strong enough to punch through pacifista...

Poor Ace has so few showings.

Originally posted by KingD19
As powerful as Luffy is, Devil Fruits still follow Paper, Scissors, Rock rules. Rubber can be melted by fire.

DF Elemental Rock Paper Scissors never made much sense.

I'd wager Enel's lightning is hotter than Ace's fire though.

KingD19
True it has a higher temp, but rubber isn't a conductor so they played off of that instead of the fact that natural lightning is so hot that Luffy would literally be flash fried/melted before he knew what happened.

So Ace and the lava admiral would do serious damage to Luffy, while Enel couldn't because Rubber = Lightning.

BloodRain
Enel could melt gold which is around the avg temp of lava. And lava > Ace's flame iirc. That and the Scorching Hell(?)

Post Luffy is faster and more destructive to boot.

TheAuraAngel
And Luffy has been on burnt by fire before and he seemed okay.

So yeah, money is on Luffy.

Nephthys
Blackbeard tanked Ace's regular attacks too I recall.

TheAuraAngel
Blackbeard is a monster though. No shame there. stick out tongue

menokokoro
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Indeed, but I don't think he'd bust it out so quickly. If he did, Luffy would more than likely be able to avoid it.

Faster than lasers and strong enough to punch through pacifista...

Poor Ace has so few showings.

DF Elemental Rock Paper Scissors never made much sense.

I'd wager Enel's lightning is hotter than Ace's fire though. I'm sorry, but Luffy is NOT faster than lasers. But, from what I've seen, Luffy is faster than Ace, Luffy has more physical power, and pushes himself farther than Ace, etc. I believe Luffy has a great chance of winning, but ace was always a better fighter than Luffy (at least as children), and his fruit power is extremely powerful.

I put my money on Luffy, with the proper motivation, even without he has a good chance.

Nephthys
Originally posted by menokokoro
I'm sorry, but Luffy is NOT faster than lasers.

He dodged a Pacifista's laser and called it slow. Unless you mean something else.

Bentley
Luffy has the better feats and is overall a more intelligent and determined fighter. It all depends in how he fights his bro.

wakkawakkawakka
Hey, um I jst want to know if Ace ever had Haki. I mean this flashback here is really confusing to me:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v60/c587/8.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v60/c587/9.html

So was it Ace or meant to look like Ace but actually Luffy? This brings up many questions that won;t be answered probably

TheAuraAngel
Ace certainly has Haki but we don't know if he ever mastered it.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Nephthys
He dodged a Pacifista's laser and called it slow. Unless you mean something else. blink He did not dodge the "laser" he dodge the attack by the Pacifista. It is possible to move BEFORE an attack is done. He is not faster than light, he is faster than a Pacifista, that is all.

wakkawakkawakka
The Pascifista laser are slower than the ones Kizaru uses, IIRC, which are actually light-speed. Besides this isn't the first time they've been avoided if I recall.

NemeBro
The Pacifista lasers were calced at mach 15.

So... He is fast enough to consider mach 15 slow, nothing more.

TheAuraAngel
How fast was Ace-Gun based on calcs?

NemeBro
I don't know what you just said.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't know what you just said.

How fast was Ace-gun? :O

NemeBro
GUN!?

TheAuraAngel
I'm mocking Oars Jr., who pronounces Kun as "Goon" you newb.

menokokoro
The Pacifista lasers were calced at mach 15.

So... He is fast enough to consider mach 15 slow, nothing more. I love that you bother to calculate the speed of the beam, but you don't consider a simpler reason for him dodging the attack.

Which makes more sense, someone seeing something moving at mach 15, and moving in that extremely small fraction of a second it would take to not get hit; or, he simply used his haki to predict when and where the attack is going to be, and moving before it happens? occam's razor

Nephthys
Except that he called it slow.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
I'm mocking Oars Jr., who pronounces Kun as "Goon" you newb.

Gosh, I can't believe he didn't get that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey, Aura: 12in AROUND! Think about it.

NemeBro
I love that you bother to calculate the speed of the beam, but you don't consider a simpler reason for him dodging the attack.

Which makes more sense, someone seeing something moving at mach 15, and moving in that extremely small fraction of a second it would take to not get hit; or, he simply used his haki to predict when and where the attack is going to be, and moving before it happens? occam's razor Or we could accept that Luffy directly called it slow.

Try to be more intelligent the next time you have the audacity to argue with me.

Luffy was nearly mach 15 before the ****ing timeskip, let alone now.

Oh, and Aura, Ace's speed was never calculated.

menokokoro
Or we could accept that Luffy directly called it slow.

Try to be more intelligent the next time you have the audacity to argue with me.

Luffy was nearly mach 15 before the ****ing timeskip, let alone now.

Oh, and Aura, Ace's speed was never calculated. Or you could assume that you aren't all knowing, and you can be wrong, your argument is valid, but the insult is unneeded, and unwanted.

As for your argument, did you think that Luffy could be calling the Pacifista slow?

Nephthys
Gear 2nd Luffy
Soru Speed : Alot
Reaction Time : .0000798 Deteriorating
Reaction Speed : 12525 m/s Deteriorating
Combat Speed : 10020 m/s Deteriorating

Interesting.

NemeBro
Or you could assume that you aren't all knowing, and you can be wrong, your argument is valid, but the insult is unneeded, and unwanted.

As for your argument, did you think that Luffy could be calling the Pacifista slow? I am sorry that I hurt your wee feelings, but you got uppity with me, which I did not appreciate. smile

Why would he call the Pacifista slow when he is dodging and looking directly at the laser?

Edit: Neph where did you find that?

Nephthys
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=256628

Theres a whole load of calculations threads on the OBD.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Gear 2nd Luffy
Soru Speed : Alot
Reaction Time : .0000798 Deteriorating
Reaction Speed : 12525 m/s Deteriorating
Combat Speed : 10020 m/s Deteriorating

Interesting. I'm not disputing the fact that he is fast, I know he is fast. I'm simply disputing the fact that he dodged those particular attacks (Which are supposed to be lasers, it's just not realistic...you know, cartoon, and rubber men and all.)

menokokoro
I am sorry that I hurt your wee feelings, but you got uppity with me, which I did not appreciate. smile

Why would he call the Pacifista slow when he is dodging and looking directly at the laser?

Edit: Neph where did you find that? Oh come on, why do you have to be so petty, I was just making an observation, I never once called you stupid.

When was he looking directly at the laser? It just makes more sense that he would use the new ability he acquired to dodge it instead of simply "being faster than light"

Edit: sorry for the double post, didn't see this response when I posted before.

Bentley
Oh come on, why do you have to be so petty, I was just making an observation, I never once called you stupid.

When was he looking directly at the laser? It just makes more sense that he would use the new ability he acquired to dodge it instead of simply "being faster than light"

Edit: sorry for the double post, didn't see this response when I posted before.

We don't know if the beams are lightspeed fast.

NemeBro
Oh come on, why do you have to be so petty, I was just making an observation, I never once called you stupid.

Edit: sorry for the double post, didn't see this response when I posted before. Petty? I do nothing if not think big, morsel.

The laser isn't the speed of light, I don't even think it's a damn laser.

Rikudo sennin
ace fire is one of luffy huge weaknesses regardless of his increased strength.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by Bentley
We don't know if the beams are lightspeed fast.

ok you one piece fans clearly don't get it the lasers are plasma or energy which is not as fast as the speed of light but they look like beams of light cuz they radiate light.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.