Morlun vs. Rulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Kid Kurdy
No idea.

I am leaning towards Morlun however.

Dum Dum Dugan
Morlun that fought Spiderman would get utterly destroyed by Red Hulk. And even if we took Morlun from blakc panther issue, he still likely get beat down.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Morlun that fought Spiderman would get utterly destroyed by Red Hulk. And even if we took Morlun from blakc panther issue, he still likely get beat down.
You forget Morlun has the power to absorb life force.

It only takes one touch, and since Rulk likes to walk around half naked...

carver9
How tough is secondary adamantium?

SamZED
Morlun that fought Spiderman would get utterly destroyed by Red Hulk. And even if we took Morlun from blakc panther issue, he still likely get beat down. Dum Dum, you say it like they are two seperate characters. Morlun toyed with Spider-man and Pete's attacks were useless. Later we learnt he's not only too durable for class 20 attack but too durable for 100 vibranium missiles. And tbh I don't see Rulk dish out that much damage.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by SamZED
Dum Dum, you say it like they are two seperate characters. Morlun toyed with Spider-man and Pete's attacks were useless. Later we learnt he's not only too durable for class 20 attack but too durable for 100 vibranium missiles. And tbh I don't see Rulk dish out that much damage.
Because they basically are two different characters. Morlun that fought spiderman was significantly less powerful. they gave him a big boost. If he fought Rulk at the level he was when he foguht Spiderman he get beasted. There be little he could do. However since his boost in power the fight a lot more interesting. (yes I undertsand there the same character but it very clear he was not originally intended to possess the level of power he did in black panther issue in contrast with his spiderman apaearances. Similar to how sabre-tooth classic is the same character technically, buthave very different levels of power. Same goes for numerous other characters)

I am not that impressed by vibranium missles and I think Rulk could in a single bunch exceed that out put.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You forget Morlun has the power to absorb life force.

It only takes one touch, and since Rulk likes to walk around half naked...

It takes far more then one touch. his powers dont work instantly like your pretending. you know how many characters have life drain? if that was the end all be all. Omega red would be a friggin god.

Kid Kurdy
I don't know if Morlun was really upgraded. Mabye a bit, but not that much.

Personally I think he can not be killed using brute force or conventional weapons, Wakandian weapons or no Wakandian weapons. He's a mystical, magical creature, they follow their own rules.

I don't know how many touches it will take to drain someone like Rulk. One ? Two ? Three ? Who knows. Maybe we'll find out some day.

Dum Dum Dugan
I don't know if Morlun was really upgraded. Mabye a bit, but not that much.
maybe a bit? are you kidding me? now your just plain being ignorant. If you compare his fights with spiderman and his apearances in black panther the power level difference is vast. If you honestly can't see that I feel sorry for you.

They reconnt him being vastly more powerful. So he is now more powerful but to pretend morlun display nearly the same level as power in his spiderman fight as he did in the black panther fight is absurdity.

Personally I think he can not be killed using brute force or conventional weapons, Wakandian weapons or no Wakandian weapons. He's a mystical, magical creature, they follow their own rules.
first being unkilliable does not make u unbeatable

Second that is the lamest arguement I have ever heard. he magical so umm.....he can't be beat because umm..magic uhhh play by it own rules......

I don't know how many touches it will take to drain someone like Rulk. One ? Two ? Three ? Who knows. Maybe we'll find out some day.
are you kidding me?

You have not even read the spiderman issues that much is clear because ur literally spiting on your own arguements.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
How tough is secondary adamantium? under busiek secondary.admantium ultrons were only breaking under thors best blows. So pretty tough

Sr J-Bieb
Morlun breaks him like primary adamantium

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Damborgson
under busiek secondary.admantium ultrons were only breaking under thors best blows. So pretty tough
It deff strong. But it does fluctuate. Depends really on the object the secondary adamatium is made into and the amount. But deff need to be dam strong to break it.

zopzop
This Morlun?!
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/73277/1665561-morlun_durability_super.jpg

Screw the "secondary" Adamantium ripping feat (assuming it was secondary in the first place), they were throwing Vibranium nukes at him and they weren't fazing him at all! Rulk gets ripped apart.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Morlun breaks him like primary adamantium

seeing as he done neither that be quite a feat.

Sr J-Bieb
Did it on panel

He's a beast

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by zopzop
This Morlun?!
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/73277/1665561-morlun_durability_super.jpg

Screw the "secondary" Adamantium ripping feat (assuming it was secondary in the first place), they were throwing Vibranium nukes at him and they weren't fazing him at all! Rulk gets ripped apart.

I agree that feat more impressive then ripping secondary adamatium. it is secondary. if it was primary it would have been stated as such and could not be made into a net in the first place.

Why would Rulk be ripped apart? You do get that Rulk could very well replicate that very feat right?

Dum Dum Dugan
Did it on panel

He's a beast
No he dident. he ripped secondary adamatium. The fact it was a net should have been a dead give away. You know since primary adamatium is not malleable at all. And then there also the fact the most common version by far is secondary. And the fact it was never stated or suggested to be primary adamatium.

Sr J-Bieb
No he dident. he ripped secondary adamatium. The fact it was a net should have been a dead give away. You know since primary adamatium is not malleable at all. And then there also the fact the most common version by far is secondary. And the fact it was never stated or suggested to be primary adamatium. Since when was secondary adamantium malleable enough to make into a net? Secondary is just less durable, not super malleable.
Suspension of disbelief

If it was secondary adamantium, it would have been called secondary.

cue big argument

Dum Dum Dugan
Since when was secondary adamantium malleable enough to make into a net?

cue big argument
Since always. thats the advantage of it, it far more malleable, cheaper and much easier to come by.

No it wouldent of. Secondary is the most common and is often referred to as simply adamatium.

No need for a big arguement. It the most common type and it malleable. there zero reason to assume it the most rare type that is not malleable at all but some how got magically turned into a net. your simply reaching.

JakeTheBank
Morlun.

Since when was secondary adamantium malleable enough to make into a net? Secondary is just less durable, not super malleable.
Suspension of disbelief

cue big argument

thumb up

Dum Dum Dugan
Since always. thats the advantage of it, it far more malleable, cheaper and much easier to come by.

No it wouldent of. Secondary is the most common and is often referred to as simply adamatium.

No need for a big arguement. It the most common type and it malleable. there zero reason to assume it the most rare type that is not malleable at all but some how got magically turned into a net. your simply reaching.
Jake how about reading my post instead of simply ignoring it an reposting a reply I already answered.

Sr J-Bieb

No need for a big arguement. It the most common type and it malleable. there zero reason to assume it the most rare type that is not malleable at all but some how got magically turned into a net. your simply reaching. And it's malleable enough to make a net... IYO? And don't so "yes because it's been made into a net", because I'll just use the same logic to say that primary is malleable enough to make into a net because it happened.
Primary isn't malleable enough to make into a net. Secondary isn't malleable enough to make into a net. However it happened. Deal with it.
Suspension of disbelief makes things much more enjoyable.

Secondary is referred to as secondary.
"Hey guys, they invented a term to weaker adamantium, and here's the kicker, they must have invented it so they never had to use the term again! So obviously all adamantium that ever gets broken ever... even by skyfather level power is obviously secondary adamantium... because they invented the term!"
"Did they use the term?"
"No... but it was broken, so therefore it was secondary."
"..."

You're reaching. You have no proof it wasn't primary besides "malleable" and secondary is referred to as "adamantium". All this overwhelming proof that it was secondary is so overwhelming that it made me overwhelmed.

And... done here. Let's see how this turns out.

JakeTheBank
Jake how about reading my post instead of simply ignoring it an reposting a reply I already answered.

I did read it.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Morlun.

thumb up You're wise beyond your years Jake

JakeTheBank
You're wise beyond your years Jake

http://www.gifflix.com/files/dfb99d9a277f.gif

SamZED
Because they basically are two different characters. Morlun that fought spiderman was significantly less powerful. they gave him a big boost. If he fought Rulk at the level he was when he foguht Spiderman he get beasted. There be little he could do. However since his boost in power the fight a lot more interesting. (yes I undertsand there the same character but it very clear he was not originally intended to possess the level of power he did in black panther issue in contrast with his spiderman apaearances. Similar to how sabre-tooth classic is the same character technically, buthave very different levels of power. Same goes for numerous other characters)

I am not that impressed by vibranium missles and I think Rulk could in a single bunch exceed that out put. But how do you know he wasn't that powerful then? Maybe he wasn't intended to be but we don't KNOW that. He basically no sold everything Pete threw at him. Nothing wrong with the fact that Pete put up a fight. ST was officially upgraded. Morlun wasn't. We just didn't see his upper limit in SM issues. IMO walking through missiles like that shows he can take anything Rulk can throw at him.

Dum Dum Dugan
And it's malleable enough to make a net... IYO? And don't so "yes because it's been made into a net", because I'll just use the same logic to say that primary is malleable enough to make into a net because it happened.

My arguement was never that it was made into a net so that why it more malleable, it because it is more malleable which is why it was made into a net. It has always been malleable while Primary adamatium is not. Fact your ignorant of this is not fault of mine.

Primary isn't malleable enough to make into a net.

I know it isent, i been telling u this repeatedly and yet you insist that it primary adamatium.

Secondary isn't malleable enough to make into a net. However it happened. Deal with it.
Suspension of disbelief makes things much more enjoyable.
Except it is malleable enough to make into net. You keep stating it not, just portrays your ignorance.

Omega red tentacles are made from a form of secondary adamatium, they very much as malleable as a net would be. So what were u saying again?

Secondary is referred to as secondary.
"Hey guys, they invented a term to weaker adamantium, and here's the kicker, they must have invented it so they never had to use the term again! So obviously all adamantium that ever gets broken ever... even by skyfather level power is obviously secondary adamantium... because they invented the term!"
"Did they use the term?"
"No... but it was broken, so therefore it was secondary."
"..."

except thats not my logic moron. Secondary adamatium is often refferred to as adamatium. It the most common type. the fact you think anything stated as adamatium means it the most rare type just makes u an idiot.

Object made out of primary adamatium have been stated as primary adamatium.

You're reaching. You have no proof it wasn't primary besides "malleable" and secondary is referred to as "adamantium". All this overwhelming proof that it was secondary is so overwhelming that it made me overwhelmed.
yes i do. It was not stated as primary. the most common type of adamatium is secondary. Primary adamtium is not malleable, but secondary is and has proven to be. Oh and then there the fact primary adamtium has held up to people like the Hulk repeatedly, but black panther assumed his net would be broken. Which again suggest it was not primary adamatium. While secondary adamatium has a track record of failing against class 100's.

And... done here. Let's see how this turns out.
badly for you I wager

Sr J-Bieb
I think everyone's in agreement that Morlun wins.

JakeTheBank
I think everyone's in agreement that Morlun wins.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://www.gifflix.com/files/dfb99d9a277f.gif

Dum Dum Dugan
But how do you know he wasn't that powerful then? Maybe he wasn't intended to be but we don't KNOW that. He basically no sold everything Pete threw at him. Nothing wrong with the fact that Pete put up a fight. ST was officially upgraded. Morlun wasn't. We just didn't see his upper limit in SM issues. IMO walking through missiles like that shows he can take anything Rulk can throw at him.
becuase there was clear difference in how he was potrayed. Sam common now u can't honestly tell me there is not a significant different in how he was potrayed in his fight with spiderman and wankadan.

ST was not official upgraded. He was reconnt just like morlon. he went form only have anamalictic nature into having superhuman attributes and a healing factor. marvel never one officially upgraded him from classic version into wolverine villain. They did it much like with morlun, they jsut made him way more powerful with out stating a reason.

How is walking throw missles make him be able to take what Rulk throws at him? you do understand that all those missiles combined fail in comparison to class 100 attacks right?

zeel
rulk dies.

SamZED
becuase there was clear difference in how he was potrayed. Sam common now u can't honestly tell me there is not a significant different in how he was potrayed in his fight with spiderman and wankadan.

ST was not official upgraded. He was reconnt just like morlon. he went form only have anamalictic nature into having superhuman attributes and a healing factor. marvel never one officially upgraded him from classic version into wolverine villain. They did it much like with morlun, they jsut made him way more powerful with out stating a reason.

How is walking throw missles make him be able to take what Rulk throws at him? you do understand that all those missiles combined fail in comparison to class 100 attacks right? But that's the thing, Morlun wasnt retconned. I agree there was a diffeference. In BP issues he simply showed his upper limit of durability. And since his upper limit was never shown in his fight with SM (and since there was no official retcon) we HAVE to assume he always was that durable even if he originally wasnt intended to. Dont get me wrong, Dum Dum. I just dont see a point in seperating the character when one showing doesnt controdict the other. And im just saying that the fact that Spider-man put up a fight against him doesnt mean he was less powerfull. Spider-man has a history of putting up fights against characters on that level.

Hmm.. maybe 100 vibranium missiles sound beter on paper.. but I always assumed they'd make more damage than ordinary punches. Even class 100 ones. Also Morlun can go intangible (vanish or whatever that thing he does)

carver9
Was there anything brought up about Morlun ripping "secondary" adamantium or is this a KMC myth because they don't like the fact that people are strong enough to rip adamantium?

Sr J-Bieb
Was there anything brought up about Morlun ripping "secondary" adamantium or is this a KMC myth because they don't like the fact that people are strong enough to rip adamantium? It was pretty much the same as when Nuul ripped the net (although not as easy).

And they're trying to take that away Carver.

SamZED
Was there anything brought up about Morlun ripping "secondary" adamantium or is this a KMC myth because they don't like the fact that people are strong enough to rip adamantium? The book just said "adamantium", nothing about it being secondary. There are reasons why people believe its secondary, but tbh I dont believe the writer cared much, he simply wanted to show that the character is crazy powerful and decided "Hey, why dont I have him rip an adamantium net, that'd be cool and impressive". Sooo...

carver9
But if it isn't stated on panel as being secondary adamantium, then wouldn't it be judged as Primary until stated otherwise. We can't just go off of an assumption because we don't like it. And why in the hell would one of the richest peeps (Black Panther) buy secondary adamantium? WTF. That's like saying his Vibranium was made out of a coffee shop..kind of disrespectful if you ask me.

Damborgson
But if it isn't stated on panel as being secondary adamantium, then wouldn't it be judged as Primary until stated otherwise. We can't just go off of an assumption because we don't like it. And why in the hell would one of the richest peeps (Black Panther) buy secondary adamantium? WTF. That's like saying his Vibranium was made Umar coffee shop..kind of disrespectful if you ask me. I agree. thumb up until stated otherwise, its primary.

SamZED
But if it isn't stated on panel as being secondary adamantium, then wouldn't it be judged as Primary until stated otherwise. We can't just go off of an assumption because we don't like it. And why in the hell would one of the richest peeps (Black Panther) buy secondary adamantium? WTF. That's like saying his Vibranium was made Umar coffee shop..kind of disrespectful if you ask me. Im actually thinking to write a letter and find out for sure from the writer. Cant be that hard.
But yeah, I dont beieve he intended for it to be secondary adamantium. For all we know he didnt know the IS such thing as secondary adamantium. He only cared about making Morlun seem like an unstopable threat, that's why he had him rip through adamantium net. So yeah, I guess we have to assume that it is until proven otherwise. Like you said.

Sr J-Bieb
But if it isn't stated on panel as being secondary adamantium, then wouldn't it be judged as Primary until stated otherwise. We can't just go off of an assumption because we don't like it. And why in the hell would one of the richest peeps (Black Panther) buy secondary adamantium? WTF. That's like saying his Vibranium was made out of a coffee shop..kind of disrespectful if you ask me. Carver, I agree with you 100%

thumb up

Dum Dum Dugan
Im actually thinking to write a letter and find out for sure from the writer. Cant be that hard.
But yeah, I dont beieve he intended for it to be secondary adamantium. For all we know he didnt know the IS such thing as secondary adamantium. He only cared about making Morlun seem like an unstopable threat, that's why he had him rip through adamantium net. So yeah, I guess we have to assume that it is until proven otherwise. Like you said.
Why do we assume it primary adamatium? thats what I dont get. Why do we assume it the more rare, and the one which is not malleable?

Why not assume it the most common type and the one which is malleable?

I just don't get people rational. seem stupid as hell to me.

Parmaniac
I could make my own theory how they made it malleable, what's Wakanda's best export? And what does it do?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I could make my own theory how they made it malleable, what's Wakanda's best export? And what does it do?

So it more logical to assume that black panther created the only malleable primary adamatium on earth, and the author stated nothing about this creation? then it is to assume it secondary adamatium which is the most common by far and is malleable. Not to mention well within a high class 100 ability to rip........

carver9
Dum Dum, I have never disagreed with you...think you are very knowledged at debating BUT, why would black Panther even resort to using secondary Adamantium against someone as powerful as Morlun when he know that its not unbreakable.? Come on Dum Dum. Why would the vampire nation use secondary adamantium against someone as powerful as Hulk when they know it isn't unbreakable? Doesn't make sense to me.

Parmaniac
Vibraniumm dissolves metal, being the nifty stereotype BP is he could use comic science and combine Vibranium and Adamantium to make Malleadamatium.

I haven't stated which one he used though sec or prime, just to in general explain how this could have happened.

Just as a side question why shouldn't it be able to somehow make adamantium (regardless of sec or prime) malleable? It bounded with Wolverine's bones just fine and more or less merged with his physiology making it still possible for his bones to do their work and yet having all properties of the original adamatium.

leonidas
don't see how we're supposed to assume it's secondary either. i think at some point it will likely be retconned--said that immediately--but until such time it's adamantium=adamantium, not adamantium=secondary adamantium.

i also don't think there was much if any real upgrade. in that sm arc, sm actually SAID he'd never ever been hit by anyone as hard as morlun hit him. and morlun toyed with a spidey who was going completely 150% all out. i think that was a VERY impressive showing in that spidey arc. hell, after that arc i went and made a morlun/juggs thread. laughing out loud so, no, i figured him for an uber powerful character right from the start. he'd beat rulk, imo. be a fun fight though.

Parmaniac
I agree by taking a closer look at how Morlun treated Spider-man you can see it. Spider-man literally threw everything at Morlun and Morlun easily backhand bitchslapped the stuff away and he WALKED (yes I'm serious no dashing or anything) through solid walls, I have never and I really mean NEVER seen anyone doing this before, not even Hulk, that doesn't mean I put Morlun in Hulks class BUT it shows that he always was on another level.

EDIT:
oaIpDgi2CIE

I don't have the scans at hand but here the etire fight is shown

Parmaniac
I also want to add that the problem with Morlun is, he was never bested in battle, it's not like Thor jumped out of a bush and has beaten him or anything, Morlun was always taken by plot devices or BFR his upper limits are still unknown. I wouldn't say he beats Supes or Thor simply because he lacks the showings but everything he encountered this far got steamrolled.

leonidas
I also want to add that the problem with Morlun is, he was never bested in battle, it's not like Thor jumped out of a bush and has beaten him or anything, Morlun was always taken by plot devices or BFR his upper limits are still unknown. I wouldn't say he beats Supes or Thor simply because he lacks the showings but everything he encountered this far got steamrolled.

thumb up

that arc really was friggin' awesome.... one of my favourite spidey arcs for sure.

Dum Dum Dugan
Vibraniumm dissolves metal, being the nifty stereotype BP is he could use comic science and combine Vibranium and Adamantium to make Malleadamatium.

You mean artic vibraniumm. Normal vibranium just absorbs kinetics energy.

Also then the object would not be primary adamatium. Also I not even sure you could combind artic vibranium to another metal, it cause the structure to weaken, having the opposite effect that you would want.

I haven't stated which one he used though sec or prime, just to in general explain how this could have happened.
it does not really explain anything. And there nothing to explain. Secondary adamatium is malleable and could be made into a net.

Just as a side question why shouldn't it be able to somehow make adamantium (regardless of sec or prime) malleable?
Adamatium is created at extremely high tempetures combinding bunch of different ingrediants. It does not turn into adamatium untill it cools which forms adamatium. Once formed it becomes solid and not malleable. The net would not bend. it be poles if made from primary adamatium.

It bounded with Wolverine's bones just fine

Yes because it was attached to him before it was made into adamatium, while it was still in a liquid state prior to it cooling and transforming into adamatium. read Wolverine Weapon X. Process is shown.

and more or less merged with his physiology making it still possible for his bones to do their work and yet having all properties of the original adamatium.

yes because when they merged it with his bones it harden into a new type of adamatium called adamatium beta. It literally part of his bones structure, not simply coating it. Also not malleable once it becomes solid.

Even if you placed in net nmold. once it harden into adamatium it would no bend and would not be a working net.

Dum Dum Dugan
Dum Dum, I have never disagreed with you...think you are very knowledged at debating BUT, why would black Panther even resort to using secondary Adamantium against someone as powerful as Morlun when he know that its not unbreakable.?

Because it was still the hardest metal and unbreakable to all but the strongest individuals on the planet. It was also only used to slow him down not defeat him. Also black panther shown zero knolwedge of primary adamatium. So why on earth would you assume he have it? oh and there also the fact primary adamatium is not malleable, so you can't make a net out of it.

So why on earth would he try and net someone witha metal he does not have nor a metal that can be made into workable net?

Come on Dum Dum. Why would the vampire nation use secondary adamantium against someone as powerful as Hulk when they know it isn't unbreakable? Doesn't make sense to me.

Because it still one of the strongest metals on the planet. And they have no idea how to make primary adamatium. it the same reason people don't make weapons out the same stuff as capt shield, becuase they don't know how to make it.

there been total of I believe 4 people who have shown knownledge on how to create primary adamatium. There all dead. So tell me how are these vampires suppose to get a metal they have no fing idea how to make?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by leonidas
don't see how we're supposed to assume it's secondary either. i think at some point it will likely be retconned--said that immediately--but until such time it's adamantium=adamantium, not adamantium=secondary adamantium.

I dont think it will be. Writers make it very clear when something is primary adamatium. People that are discussing this dont seem to have accurate knolwedge of the subject. We assume it secondary because it the most commonly used adamatium. Only like 4 people new how to make primary adamatium and two of them did not even know the entirety of how to create it. They are all dead as well. Then there the fact primary adamatium is not malleable and never has been. Secondary adamatium is malleable and is one of the biggest difference between primary and secondary.

Damborgson
I agree by taking a closer look at how Morlun treated Spider-man you can see it. Spider-man literally threw everything at Morlun and Morlun easily backhand bitchslapped the stuff away and he WALKED (yes I'm serious no dashing or anything) through solid walls, I have never and I really mean NEVER seen anyone doing this before, not even Hulk, that doesn't mean I put Morlun in Hulks class BUT it shows that he always was on another level.

EDIT:
oaIpDgi2CIE

I don't have the scans at hand but here the etire fight is shown I forgot I had put that up. stick out tongue

Q99
I dont think it will be. Writers make it very clear when something is primary adamatium. People that are discussing this dont seem to have accurate knolwedge of the subject. We assume it secondary because it the most commonly used adamatium. Only like 4 people new how to make primary adamatium and two of them did not even know the entirety of how to create it. They are all dead as well. Then there the fact primary adamatium is not malleable and never has been. Secondary adamatium is malleable and is one of the biggest difference between primary and secondary.

Yea.

And it should be noted, Secondary was created to explain the instances when adamantium had been ripped or dented in the past to begin with.

Most of the times we see secondary it's just called adamantium.

If it's unstated, and it's damaged, then it's secondary unless stated otherwise.

Nietzschean
I feel like pulling out my hard drive and posting the Marvel Master Edition where they talk about the adamantium form seen in comics is secondary adamantium.. but, its from the late 80's and i doubt anyone would care.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
Yea.

And it should be noted, Secondary was created to explain the instances when adamantium had been ripped or dented in the past to begin with.

Most of the times we see secondary it's just called adamantium.

If it's unstated, and it's damaged, then it's secondary unless stated otherwise.
exactly. I agree 100%

Parmaniac
To be fair here also primary adamatium simply gets named adamatium.

Dum Dum Dugan
To be fair here also primary adamatium simply gets named adamatium.
Sorta of. Most of the time the object has already been establish as primary adamatium. When object is primary adamatium it is established as such. it be kinda stupid to keep referring to something as primary adamatium once it been establish as such. So it not really the same thing at all. Objects that are secondary adamatium will much of the time only be stated as adamatium making no reference to it be secondary, yet the object is secondary adamatium.

leonidas
it makes sense. and i know why secondary was created by marvel. but i'm still not buying it. the terms secondary and primary are almost never used. you want us to assume that when something is referred to as adamantium, it really is NOT adamantium. doesn't really work for me. interpret it however you'd like, but until i see mention that the net was only secondary, i'll just go along with the idea that it was adamantium. hulk also shattered an enchanted uru hammer in that arc. a net of adamantium isn't that huge a stretch for me.

as for the people who know how to make it--not really buying that either. it's comics. there doesn't need to be an explanation of where it came from. the vamps were uber smart and had access to obviously uber tech. them getting adamantium isn't really a big deal to me.

Parmaniac
it's comics. there doesn't need to be an explanation of where it came from. See Sabretooth's return laughing out loud

leonidas
ugh....

Q99
it makes sense. and i know why secondary was created by marvel. but i'm still not buying it. the terms secondary and primary are almost never used. you want us to assume that when something is referred to as adamantium, it really is NOT adamantium.

No, secondary is still adamantium.

They're both equally adamantium. Saying "X destroyed adamantium" when they destroyed secondary is 100% correct.

They're just two flavors of adamantium, and primary isn't any more adamantium than secondary is.

It's sort of like carbon. Carbon nanotubes are carbon, so is diamond, and so is graphite. That there are different configurations doesn't make any of them less carbon.

No-one is saying Morlun didn't destroy real adamantium, just that we don't have reason to believe it was the rarer flavor of it.

Mindset
Are you high?

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
Are you high?

laughing out loud

thought it was just me.....

Dum Dum Dugan
it makes sense. and i know why secondary was created by marvel. but i'm still not buying it. the terms secondary and primary are almost never used. you want us to assume that when something is referred to as adamantium, it really is NOT adamantium. doesn't really work for me. interpret it however you'd like, but until i see mention that the net was only secondary, i'll just go along with the idea that it was adamantium. hulk also shattered an enchanted uru hammer in that arc. a net of adamantium isn't that huge a stretch for me.

as for the people who know how to make it--not really buying that either. it's comics. there doesn't need to be an explanation of where it came from. the vamps were uber smart and had access to obviously uber tech. them getting adamantium isn't really a big deal to me.

Are you high?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
No, secondary is still adamantium.

They're both equally adamantium. Saying "X destroyed adamantium" when they destroyed secondary is 100% correct.

They're just two flavors of adamantium, and primary isn't any more adamantium than secondary is.

It's sort of like carbon. Carbon nanotubes are carbon, so is diamond, and so is graphite. That there are different configurations doesn't make any of them less carbon.

No-one is saying Morlun didn't destroy real adamantium, just that we don't have reason to believe it was the rarer flavor of it.

Exactly. it insane how hard this concept is for people grasp.

Dum Dum Dugan
laughing out loud

thought it was just me.....
it is just you. You post was nonsense. Q99 posted made actual senses.

Mindset
Something can't be equal to something else if they are, in fact, different things.

Primary adamantium and secondary adamantium are different types of adamantium.

Dum Dum Dugan
Something can't be equal to something else if they are, in fact, different things.
He not saying there equal. He saying they are both consider adamatium. Just like diamonds and graphite are consider carbon.

Mindset
Saying they are both equally adamantium isn't saying they equal?

Maybe he should have used a different word.

Also, his example is really flawed. Adamantium is a metal alloy, not an element like Carbon.

Dum Dum Dugan

Also, his example is really flawed. Adamantium is a metal alloy, not an element like Carbon.
semantics, it was easy to understand what he ment/

No, it was fine you are just nit picking, and taking his equally statement to literally.

We know it not the same. It was just an example because people are retarded and can't understand that just because something called adamatium does not make it automatically primary adamatium.

Sr J-Bieb
Also, who calls a diamond, or graphite carbon anyway?

The fact that those aren't commonplace words for such objects kind of ruins his example anyway.

Mindset
OK, I should take his equally statement figuratively.

So they aren't both adamantium.

His example doesn't work.

Mindset

The fact that those aren't commonplace words for such objects kind of ruins his example anyway. "Honey, I got you a carbon ring!"

Dum Dum Dugan
OK, I should take his equally statement figuratively.

So they aren't both adamantium.

no they are both consider adamatium. There just two different types of it.

carver9
Nul and Morlun ripped Primary Adamantium.

Dum Dum Dugan
Nul and Morlun ripped Primary Adamantium.
there is no evidence to support that it was primary adamatium, but thanks for completely ignoring the last 3 pages of comments and just posting things as facts when they are not.

Sr J-Bieb
Nul and Morlun ripped Primary Adamantium. Voice of reason right here.

thumb up

Dum Dum Dugan
gotta love getting trolled. U ****ing people are a waste of my time. GO **** YOUR SELFS. im done

Sr J-Bieb
Let's see how this turns out. Well. It turned out well.

Mindset
I hope your keyboard is made out of primary adamantium.

I guess it won't matter if you're as strong as Morlun though, you'll break it anyway.

Sr J-Bieb
lmao

psycho gundam
Well. It turned out well. Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
lmao

Damborgson
gotta love getting trolled. U ****ing people are a waste of my time. GO **** YOUR SELFS. im done get ready for it. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif

http://thestoppableforce.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/u-mad.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
gotta love getting trolled. U ****ing people are a waste of my time. GO **** YOUR SELFS. im done Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Well. It turned out well. Originally posted by Mindset
I hope your keyboard is made out of primary adamantium.

I guess it won't matter if you're as strong as Morlun though, you'll break it anyway.

laughing out loud

Parmaniac
What is the point of the sec/prime adamantium debate anyways? I can't recall Rulk breaking any type of adamantium, neither was Morlun's upper limit ever shown.

basilisk

Also, his example is really flawed. Adamantium is a metal alloy, not an element like Carbon. I think the two types of adamantium are more like different qualities you can get with other alloys. By changing the relative proportions of copper and zinc in brass alloy you get different strength, malleability, ductility etc. of the alloy. Same with bronze and changing the amount of tin in it. But they are still considered brass or bronze alloy.

Secondary adamantium is supposed to be a cheap way of producing something close enough to primary adamantium to do the job in most cases, but saves money. So maybe one of the ingredient resins is cheaper and easier to obtain, so the bean counters skimp some on the proportion of more expensive harder to produce resins. Different proportions of the same alloy.

For example:
Anything with 70%-80% expensive resin X = primary = virtually indestructible.
Anything with < 70% resin X = secondary adamantium = extremely strong, but can be destroyed by extreme force.
Anything with > 80% resin X = basically useless dilute resin X.
Anything with < 30% resin X = crapamantium = easily wrecked castoff, sold cheap maybe used in manufacture of chinese cars etc.

Something like carbonadium might be extremely close to duplicating the formula of adamantium, but not considered a type of adamantium because the scientists used a different component somewhere in the formula in the attempt to replicate it. So it's a different alloy but with some similar properties, like comparing brass and bronze.

Q99

The fact that those aren't commonplace words for such objects kind of ruins his example anyway.

But you could call them both carbon and it'd be correct, just as you can call both adamantiums adamantium and be correct.

And there are examples where materials are called the same thing in their various configurations.

Rubber can be very different in properties like elasticity and hardness. Tire rubber is massively tougher and less stretchy than balloon rubber. Make a tier out of balloon rubber and it'll be destroyed in no time. Make a balloon out of tire rubber and it's useless. But they're both rubber.

No, it's really not.

Banana. Orange. They're equally fruit. Different fruit, but both fruit and neither is more or less fruit than the other.

Anyway, enough with the category semantics. Equally part of a category/descriptor doesn't mean equal in all respects.

Bronze is an alloy.

Bronze is an alloy between copper and either tin or arsenic.

Tin bronze is bronze.

Arsenic bronze is bronze.

They are both "bronze," even though they have somewhat different compositions and properties.

So there's even an alloy example for you.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
But you could call them both carbon and it'd be correct, just as you can call both adamantiums adamantium and be correct.

And there are examples where materials are called the same thing in their various configurations.

Rubber can be very different in properties like elasticity and hardness. Tire rubber is massively tougher and less stretchy than balloon rubber. Make a tier out of balloon rubber and it'll be destroyed in no time. Make a balloon out of tire rubber and it's useless. But they're both rubber.

No, it's really not.

Banana. Orange. They're equally fruit. Different fruit, but both fruit and neither is more or less fruit than the other.

Anyway, enough with the category semantics. Equally part of a category/descriptor doesn't mean equal in all respects.

Bronze is an alloy.

Bronze is an alloy between copper and either tin or arsenic.

Tin bronze is bronze.

Arsenic bronze is bronze.

They are both "bronze," even though they have somewhat different compositions and properties.

So there's even an alloy example for you. I have to go to work, so I'll just say this.

Nope, you're wrong.

Q99
I have to go to work, so I'll just say this.

Nope, you're wrong.

It doesn't really matter if you think it's wrong - that is how it, linguistically, works.

Likewise, steel. Stainless steel is steel. Tool steel is steel. High carbon steel or low carbon, hard or soft. Katanas have multiple strengths of steel inside the same blade. There's a wide variety of steels, and they're all equally steel.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's not an imaginary story. Alloys can have different compositions and properties and still fit under the same name, and none of them are "more" the name than the others.

leonidas
it is just you. You post was nonsense. Q99 posted made actual senses.

laughing

yep, hardly anyone agrees with me.... roll eyes (sarcastic) you really should just STOP talking about adamantium altogether. the last time i entertained your fantasies regarding adamantium didn't really turn out all that well for you....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=556194&pagenumber=14

adamantium just really isn't your thing i guess. smile

leonidas
gotta love getting trolled. U ****ing people are a waste of my time. GO **** YOUR SELFS. im done

welllll........ bye. smile

JakeTheBank
Morlun > Wolverine.

Someone had to come out and just say it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
It doesn't really matter if you think it's wrong - that is how it, linguistically, works.

Likewise, steel. Stainless steel is steel. Tool steel is steel. High carbon steel or low carbon, hard or soft. Katanas have multiple strengths of steel inside the same blade. There's a wide variety of steels, and they're all equally steel.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's not an imaginary story. Alloys can have different compositions and properties and still fit under the same name, and none of them are "more" the name than the others. Ok, I'm back from work.

Just wanted to stop in and say that you're still wrong.

Parmaniac
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7886/1uncannyxforce21.jpg

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6137/2uncannyxforce21.jpg

Uncanny X-Force 21

Parmaniac
haw-som

JayDaDon
eek!

Mindset
I came.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.