Best politician!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart

JakeTheBank
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/150380_474577240741_505135741_5433961_1531747_n.jpg

Stoic
I would prefer a country run by Reed Richards. Power to the people and all of that good stuff.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Stoic
I would prefer a country run by Reed Richards. Power to the people and all of that good stuff. NO
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/150380_474577240741_505135741_5433961_1531747_n.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
NO

So you would prefer to live under a dictatorship?

JakeTheBank
All hope lies in Doom.

Cogito
In the second scenario, are they actually 100% trying to fix things or are they working towards their own goals (in character)?

Parmaniac
So you would prefer to live under a dictatorship? http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1419/personality11avengersch.th.jpghttp://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5948/personality12avengersch.th.jpg

Blair Wind
Tony Stark for president.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Tony Stark for president. See Italy

Bouboumaster

JakeTheBank
Surprised Steve Rogers isn't on the list.

Sirius77
Reed all the way.

Parmaniac
Cletus Kasady for President.

Sin I AM
T'challa
Namor
and Black Bolt................i mean these people actually lead others

Parmaniac
Black Bolt on TV would be hilarious and devastating at the same time.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Surprised Steve Rogers isn't on the list. I'm surprised Iron Fist isn't on there

Parmaniac
Who's the chick in your sig?

Sr J-Bieb
The greatest person on Earth

Uriel005
aside from the fact that the first person to stop clapping at one of his speeches would die and the horrible punishments for any defiance. Doom's my choice. Lol no. But if it was a benevolent form of doom definitely. The man's shown he's capable of creating a veritable utopia and he's got superior leadership skills to the late glorious leader of North Korea.

janus77
I would prefer a country run by Reed Richards. Power to the people and all of that good stuff.
If ever there was a natural born dictator it is Richards. He's a technocrat of the highest order, an illuminati and a meddler in things he does not understand. Even Doom has more genuine grace and mercy than a man who believes as passionately as Reed does, in his own intellect and the benign effects of all his experiments.

Of the lot of them, screw democracy, choose Doom. At least he'd run an orderly shop and be impossible to bribe, flatter, deceive or cheat and, most importantly, he wouldn't seek to make you any better or to try and manipulate you into being anything other than what you are.

janus77
So you would prefer to live under a dictatorship?
Reed Richards = technocratic dictator.

All superior minds gravitate towards the dictatorial. Reed would instantly come up against the inherent absurdity and self-harm that any democratic process brings. Democracy = rule by the least disliked, least opposed, most mediocre and mawkish.

Reed is an elitist who just has a cushy life and doesn't have to defend his prejudices.

Doom's much more honest and has better moral character yes.

Failing that, give the job to Stark, better class of hookers wink.

fjabnfioanf
lex..you know...since hes the only one who became president

janus77
Originally posted by fjabnfioanf
lex..you know...since hes the only one who became president
Doom has ruled the world. Better CV.

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1419/personality11avengersch.th.jpghttp://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5948/personality12avengersch.th.jpg

Dude he was just trying to get some bootie, he didn't mean a word of it.

janus77
Dude he was just trying to get some bootie, he didn't mean a word of it.
And yet note, not one dead mutie there. Not ONE!

How much more can you ask of a man eh?

abhilegend
Lex has already done it.

Parmaniac
Dude he was just trying to get some bootie, he didn't mean a word of it. In Doomwar he was able to get into Black Panther's Vibranium room which was secured by somekind of "soulreader" it told him that even if his ways are arguable his intentions were always pure allowing him to pass the test, another thing is there is a What if that shows what would have happened if Doom would be in possession of the IG and he used it to serve humanity.

I take a benevolent dictator who already has everything he wants and therefore doing his best to serve his people over assholes that get elected to make politics in the favor of certain lobbies that pay them to write laws that help them to make more money.

Read Civil War again to get an impression what kind of assholes Stark and Reed can be. Not only for hunting their friends like animals also the relationship with Sue in that story. And Stark is a playboy, people like this shouldn't represent countries in the first place.

DarkSaint85

Existere
Stark would win, I would trust Bruce the most.

Newjak
Doom would probably not get it because he already has a bad rep thanks to Latveria being labeled a dictatorship which is a big red flag in this country. Most people would not vote for him based solely on that.

Uriel005
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
1. Stark, Luthor, Osborn. Reed/Doom have 0 charisma - think Hilary Clinton vs Bill..... Wayne is seen as a playboy who hangs on the coat-tails of his parents, at least Stark is seen as a visionary.

2. No uber tech and powers? Luthor.

Doom, whilst he has noble intentions and all that (yes, I read the What If with the IG) still has a feudal society in Latveria.

Wayne focusses too much on the details, not enough on the big picture (plus, there is that carefully crafted image of a womanising buffoon to be taken seriously on the international stage). He'd be a good VP though.

Reed again has 0 interpersonal skills, and would focus on one area of the government at the expense of others (c.f. his ignoring of Sue etc).

Osborn is actually plain unstable. your joking about lex not having uber tech right...

Newjak
I feel he's saying that he feels Luthor would do better in the scenario where there is no uber tech not that he doesn't have any.

Edit: Also it looks like he put Luthor high up there in the first one as well.

He either has Luthor tied between him, norman, and stark, or he has Luthor as coming in 2nd behind Stark.

That doesn't seem like he's dissing Luthor at all imo or his tech.

JakeTheBank
1. Stark, Luthor, Osborn. Reed/Doom have 0 charisma - think Hilary Clinton vs Bill..... Wayne is seen as a playboy who hangs on the coat-tails of his parents, at least Stark is seen as a visionary.

Doom, whilst he has noble intentions and all that (yes, I read the What If with the IG) still has a feudal society in Latveria.

Wayne focusses too much on the details, not enough on the big picture (plus, there is that carefully crafted image of a womanising buffoon to be taken seriously on the international stage). He'd be a good VP though.

Reed again has 0 interpersonal skills, and would focus on one area of the government at the expense of others (c.f. his ignoring of Sue etc).

Osborn is actually plain unstable.

Doom has 0 charisma? Are you serious?

The guy is one of the most charismatic characters in comics, let alone on this list.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Uriel005
your joking about lex not having uber tech right...

I was saying that Luthor would do well when he doesn't have access to uber tech.

And yes, I had it tied in scenario 1. I couldn't decide who to choose.

As for Doom having charisma...yes, he has charisma, but not the right kind. He'd rub too many people the wrong way, if you get what I mean. At least the others (Stark/Luthor/Osborn) can toady (or at least, pretend to) and play along with others. Hope I could get my point across....

-Pr-
Wayne is already known as a charitable philanthropist and someone that creates thousands of jobs. If he put his mind to it I could see him becoming president more easily than most might think.

He'd be the charming, Obama-style politician I think.

Sin I AM
i still believe t'challa and blackagar would be the best candidates

Bouboumaster

Osborn is actually plain unstable.

I think you got Reed wrong. No interpersonals skills? Sure, he's a workholic, but the guy is the leader of the Fantastic Four / Future Foundation, he's a family man, married with children, he's a self-made man, got no police record, and he's respected by all.

In that list, it's the one you want for president, for sure.

Konton
Emma Frost would be my pick. She has a knack for getting things done.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I think you got Reed wrong. No interpersonals skills? Sure, he's a workholic, but the guy is the leader of the Fantastic Four / Future Foundation, he's a family man, married with children, he's a self-made man, got no police record, and he's respected by all.

In that list, it's the one you want for president, for sure. Reed is a neglectful father and husband.

Come on.

He's also a dick who no one likes.

Raptor22
I would want Bruce. Out of everyone on the list I think he would pay more attention to regular people's problems. Dooms more of a dictator, i dont see him working well with congress or the senate or the whole democratic process. Reed because of that illuminati shit cant be trusted. Starks a lush. Lex would be out for personal gain and is just evil and Osborn is insane. Bruce is the only real choice. Plus who would make a wiser, more trusted vice president than Alfred.

Raptor22
If I got to pick anyone I'd pick Green Arrow.

Ize19
I'd probably pick Luke Cage, as he's the only hero I can think of at the moment who has leadership experience, understands capitalism, cares about civil liberties, and would reduce the power of the government. Plus, even if he doesn't know it now, I get the feeling that he'd actually study up and realize that the reason we have so much debt, and our dollar has so little value, is the Federal Reserve. Then, his disgust with the elites who are stealing from the poor and middle class would make him the one hero likely to stand against it, as opposed to the "genius's" who'd try to use it to solve the country's problems. Just my two cents.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wayne is already known as a charitable philanthropist and someone that creates thousands of jobs. If he put his mind to it I could see him becoming president more easily than most might think.

He'd be the charming, Obama-style politician I think.

But none of it with his money, and I can see his political opponents seizing upon that - what does he know of the common man etc etc.

But ignoring his uber intelligence (is it one of his powers?) and making him more realistic (so he doesn't solve the world's problems in one afternoon like he does in the comic) I can see him focussing on one area only (say, the economy) and neglecting other areas (healthcare, the energy sector etc). Plus, Sue will leave him, and he'll crumble.

-Pr-
But none of it with his money, and I can see his political opponents seizing upon that - what does he know of the common man etc etc.

But ignoring his uber intelligence (is it one of his powers?) and making him more realistic (so he doesn't solve the world's problems in one afternoon like he does in the comic) I can see him focussing on one area only (say, the economy) and neglecting other areas (healthcare, the energy sector etc). Plus, Sue will leave him, and he'll crumble.

You could say that about any politician. Plus, he could play up the sympathy and lineage angle big time.

That, and he's adopted several children from the "wrong side of the tracks" so to speak.

DarkSaint85
You could say that about any politician. Plus, he could play up the sympathy and lineage angle big time.

That, and he's adopted several children from the "wrong side of the tracks" so to speak.

Possibly. I just see him out of all the candidates as the only one who would want the power, but not the celebrity. He'd want to be the power behind the throne, which is why I wanted him as VP. In fact, whilst everyone has said Doom would be an absolute dictator, I can see Bruce doing pretty much the same...

-Pr-
Possibly. I just see him out of all the candidates as the only one who would want the power, but not the celebrity. He'd want to be the power behind the throne, which is why I wanted him as VP. In fact, whilst everyone has said Doom would be an absolute dictator, I can see Bruce doing pretty much the same...

Why?

DarkSaint85
Why?

Why he'd be a dictator?

He strikes me as the kind of person who firmly believes that what he believes is right, and damn others who think differently. The way he lords it over the JLA and the Bat-family are examples of this - he knows better, and if you just stopped and thought about it, you would come round to his way of thinking. A benevolent dictator, sure, but a dictator nonetheless.

JakeTheBank
I think the Bruce of today has softened his approach considerably when it comes to his relationship with his allies and friends. Return of Bruce Wayne, the Road Home, and Batman Inc. have shown that pretty well.

Steve Rogers would be the best choice period, though. Barring Doom, of course.

-Pr-
Why he'd be a dictator?

He strikes me as the kind of person who firmly believes that what he believes is right, and damn others who think differently. The way he lords it over the JLA and the Bat-family are examples of this - he knows better, and if you just stopped and thought about it, you would come round to his way of thinking. A benevolent dictator, sure, but a dictator nonetheless.

I honestly don't see it that way, at least not with how he is nowadays. I think Jake made a fair point about it too.

JayDaDon
So Bruce wayne would be president, but it would be Batman running the country? Strong point...

DarkSaint85
I honestly don't see it that way, at least not with how he is nowadays. I think Jake made a fair point about it too.

Good point, but what do you think of post Flashpoint Bruce?

the ninjak
Osborn. Ya'll would pay a heavy price. But the country would be in working order in 4 years.

-Pr-
Good point, but what do you think of post Flashpoint Bruce?

Too early to tell, tbh. I do think he's a bit more well-adjusted though, a bit more caring, though only relatively.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i still believe t'challa and blackagar would be the best candidates
Show me their birth certificates. I hear T'challa Hussein and Blackagar bin Laden are nothing more than dirty commies out to besmirch the good name of our glorious country.

Yup. Bruce Wayne is the persona, or the mask; Batman is the real person. So whilst everyone would see Wayne's persona and charisma, its actually Batman's mind which would be running the show. Just the way I see it.

True. I still stand by my earlier choice of a Luthor/Wayne ticket, however. Luthor would be perfect as a front man, Wayne would be in the shadows, obsessing over the details.

-Pr-
Batman would be a good president, I think.

the ninjak
Batman would be a good president, I think.

All you have to do is show recent issues of Catwoman. And it would cause a bit of controversy.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

I meant in secret. Bruce as president, etc.

Supermutant
In every media Lex becomes President.

http://www.thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/presidentlex.jpg

http://comicsworthreading.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/luthor.jpg

http://superherouniverse.com/wiki/images/2/25/Lex2000.jpg

Uriel005
Why? brother eye... Having batman as president is like having Dexter from Darkly dreaming as president slightly better in some ways like the lack of murdering people but worse in the sense that all communications would be tapped. Democracy would end as he abuses the position to implement mass monitoring programs and decides people can't be trusted to run their own lives.

Newjak
I think Norman is out of the picture.

He had his chance Siege showed he can operate at the big boy table but his mental problems just ruins any chance he has of staying up there. He also had a very public breakdown for everyone to see those mental problems first hand.

No one is going to vote for the mad man.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Uriel005
brother eye... Having batman as president is like having Dexter from Darkly dreaming as president slightly better in some ways like the lack of murdering people but worse in the sense that all communications would be tapped. Democracy would end as he abuses the position to implement mass monitoring programs and decides people can't be trusted to run their own lives.

Brother Eye was a mistake, and I think he knows that now.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Newjak

He had his chance Siege showed he can operate at the big boy table but his mental problems just ruins any chance he has of staying up there. He also had a very public breakdown for everyone to see those mental problems first hand.

Agreed. He'd be able to get by on his charisma and machinations, but when push comes to shove, he'd fall.

I do want to see Doom as president, though. International relations would be a disaster; he's a dick as it is even without the world's most powerful military and largest economy behind him....

Bentley
Originally posted by Newjak

Arguably he met some fierce opposition to his goal.

Doom and Luthor are the only ones with enough sense of morality to get the job done. Doom is more of a perfect mary sue character, so I'd assume he'd do best.

-Pr-
Luthor? Morality?

DarkSaint85
I won't call it morality; more, drive. We could look at the Red Son version and see his accomplishments when Superman was gone, and how he managed to turn the USA around.

Doom, Stark, Wayne, and Reed has a sense of honour and morals; Osborne and Luthor, not so much. With Osborne coming in a distant last.

-Pr-
I won't call it morality; more, drive. We could look at the Red Son version and see his accomplishments when Superman was gone, and how he managed to turn the USA around.

Doom, Stark, Wayne, and Reed has a sense of honour and morals; Osborne and Luthor, not so much. With Osborne coming in a distant last.

That whole "I'd make the world better if there was no Superman" has been shown to be a blatant lie, and even Superman has called him on it to his face.

DarkSaint85
That whole "I'd make the world better if there was no Superman" has been shown to be a blatant lie, and even Superman has called him on it to his face.

Yes, I read the storyline where he did it, hence why I didn't take Red Son Luthor as the norm. But a useful counterpoint I guess to the 'Doom with the IG and Beyonder's powers saves the world' argument...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.