Ironman vs the Whole Volturi Vampires

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lilshogun
Ironman (film version) was notified by the US government to destroy the whole Vampire Volturi clan in Italy. Based on his technology and strength from the 2 movie series, Can he destroy the Volturi Vampires even against their special abilities.

Placidity
Originally posted by lilshogun
even against their special abilities.

No he gets taken down fast with those abilities.

He could win though if he just rains hell from above .

KingD19
Laser spin = /thread

Psychotron
Can't he just sit high up in the air and bomb the shit out of them?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Can't he just sit high up in the air and bomb the shit out of them?

That's what instantly sprang into my mind as well. Those missiles he has at the beginning of Ironman one. The ones that bury cliffs. Let em rip. Vamps may still survive though.

It's a tough question. Because Tony can't go close to them. Maybe if he turns off his helmet and uses visual only.

What are the Volturi's individual powers? I've always wanted to know.

Placidity
From Wikia:

Jane and Alec, twin members of the Guard, are credited and worshipped for having the most offensive powers. Jane can cause someone to believe that they are feeling excruciating fiery pain, making it easy for the Volturi to attack and destroy their enemies. Alec's powers are also useful when attacking an entire enemy group: he can cut off all senses making the prey unable to see, hear or feel anything, enabling their allies to kill them without a fight. Because of this, Alec is the single most effective weapon in the Volturi while Jane is better at maintaining a confrontation and making a fearful audience.

Renata, also a member of the Guard, is a shield. She shields Aro and stands by his side in times of need. She can divert physical attacks by confusing her attackers. They end up going in a different direction and are unaware of what they were doing in the first place.

Chelsea, the most important member of the Guard, can manipulate the ties of relationships. This is useful when the Volturi want a specific vampire to join them. She can also loosen the binds between the Volturi's enemies and turn them against each other.

the ninjak
Cool thanks. I'm actually gonna read the damn books soon. Because well......I like pain.

KingD19
How about we stick to what was shown in films?

So Tony flies up higher than they can reach/out of the range of their powers. Locks on with his sensors which can keep up with much faster things than them, and darts, lasers, pulse beam, uni beam, blows them up, etc...

NemeBro
Assuming book-only stuff is indeed being proposed, naw man, dude naw.

If you want to allow book stuff for Twilight, then I demand to have book stuff allowed for Gandalf. Do want mountain busting Gandalf. 131

Also, allowing books here would, in fairness, mean we should allow comics Ironman. And that is a fight I'm sure you don't want. estahuh

I am so tired I have no idea if what I typed was coherent.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
Assuming book-only stuff is indeed being proposed, naw man, dude naw.

If you want to allow book stuff for Twilight, then I demand to have book stuff allowed for Gandalf. Do want mountain busting Gandalf. 131

Also, allowing books here would, in fairness, mean we should allow comics Ironman. And that is a fight I'm sure you don't want. estahuh

I am so tired I have no idea if what I typed was coherent.

It made perfect sense, lol.

Book feats for Volturi = Comic feats for Iron Man. And that would be such spite in Tony's favor.

Oh, and you want us to allow book gandalf if we're allowing book Volturi.

NemeBro
Shut up I am the walrus.

Placidity
Who's debating with "book stuff"?

I was only telling him what he wanted to know. Plus Jane and her abilities was shown in the film. Haven't watched the latest twilight so I don't know what new feats there are.

Psychotron
Originally posted by the ninjak
That's what instantly sprang into my mind as well. Those missiles he has at the beginning of Ironman one. The ones that bury cliffs. Let em rip. Vamps may still survive though.

It's a tough question. Because Tony can't go close to them. Maybe if he turns off his helmet and uses visual only.

What are the Volturi's individual powers? I've always wanted to know.

I don't think they'll survive a barrage of Iron man's best. He could just cut them with his lasers too.

KingD19
Exactly. They aren't fast enough to outmaneuver directed energy weapons and his auto trackers combined.

Placidity
The key is the environment I believe. If its open and Stark can just stay way up in the air then its a pointless discussion.

However if its confined, I think the Vampires have a chance, even forgetting or restricting special abilities. There are quite a few of them, so its not out of the question Stark gets overwhelmed, even with his weaponry (most of them can't one-shot-kill the vamps anyway, and the missiles that might be able to are relatively slow).

Only exception probably being the laser thing AND all the vamps going in at the same time. I guess that leads to the question, are the characters aware of each others' abilities?

the ninjak
Well Ironman is pretty famous so the Voltori should have a general idea but not everything.

Considering SHIELD have sent Stark to kill the vamps and a select amount of the general population are aware of them including the werewolves no doubt sending intel, Stark should know about their biology. Crystal flesh, fast speed and strength. But not their individual unique powers.

It's up to the OP though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.